Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Default A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Gible...Get

On their way to Suiren Town, Ash & Co. learn of a Gible causing many problems to many trainers Pokémon. Ash & Co. quickly decide to go investigate. Kazunari, eager to capture the Gible, convinces everyone to help him track it down. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This ep... Where do I start?

Not only was only 1/3 the ep about Gible, the other 2/3s where more on shippin', which would make sense if the ep's called like "Ash and Dawn's Love Life!" or somethin'.

Kazunari catches Gible. No Ash argument over that.

Really, this ep's just so bland, it wasn't funny. Even the Trapinch cameo in this ep was better than whatever Gible was doin' (Though Kazunari's fishin' idea was funny).
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Ash not getting Gible=instant fail. Seriously. OK, everyone. Grab your torches and pitchforks and meet me in Japan! We're forming an angry mob and storming the writers' homes!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Ash not getting Gible=instant fail. Seriously. OK, everyone. Grab your torches and pitchforks and meet me in Japan! We're forming an angry mob and storming the writers' homes!
    Really now!
    Seriously though this was kinda lame. I wanted ash to get it but no! Damn it.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Really now!
    Seriously though this was kinda lame. I wanted ash to get it but no! Damn it.
    I also laughed at how people thought the ep would be a copy of the Totodile ep from the Johto era.
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by LightingKimba View Post
    I also laughed at how people thought the ep would be a copy of the Totodile ep from the Johto era.
    That would be me. So whatever. I just hope at least dawn wins this contest.
    BLAH

Gible's not even close to badass, and I'm sick of hearin' that. I do realize it's a general opinion, but I can only see Gible as a fatty shark-thing with its mouth being 1/2 of its body.

Kazunari probably has a "Jaw" theme team, anyway. Gible's a perfect companion to his Totodile imo.
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!
    I couldn't agree more! This was the BEST chance for Ash to finally catch a true Dragon type, and while I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch it, I kinda knew in the back of my head he wouldn't. Sigh......
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

No surprise on Ash not getting it, but I didnt expect the other guy to actually get it. i thought they'd pull some cheesy thing where they both decide to let Gible be.

Quote Originally Posted by ~AussieWonder~ View Post
    I couldn't agree more! This was the BEST chance for Ash to finally catch a true Dragon type, and while I'm disappointed Ash didn't catch it, I kinda knew in the back of my head he wouldn't. Sigh......
    He should've caught that one Trapinch in the episode. That would've been cool.
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by LightingKimba View Post
    He should've caught that one Trapinch in the episode. That would've been cool.
    Not to mention 5 years late. Would it have killed em to give ash a Flygon in Hoenn?
    BLAH

Would it have killed em to give ash a Flygon in Hoenn?
    That actually reminded me of that one Flygon in the Jirachi movie. When I was younger, I actually believed Ash was goin' to catch it. XP
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Ah well (sigh)
    SoulSilver FC: 2107-0840-3264
    Name: Dome

It's okay for me even if Ash doesn't catch it... I had expect that curly hair dude to catch it anyways... filler~!

Signatures by Me.

Im fine that Ash didnt get it. what really saddens me is that Kazunari caught it. I just dont like him

Grrr! I'm officially fed up with what they've done! They've gone too far this time to give a rookie a Dragon-type, while Ash who is clearly experienced is deprived of one! Why do they have this "no dragon/dark/psychic/steel/ghost (he let Haunter go?)-type" rule on Ash anyway? It would make Ash's team a whole lot more interesting...grrrr....

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

So how did that manage to happen ? Did Ash let him have Gible or did he screw up and Kazunari got lucky ?

Screwed up and Kazu got lucky.
    BLAH

Screwed up and Kazu got lucky.
    Thanks for answering, seems like the writers have a grudge against Ash having any Dragon types >_<

Most likely. Not to mention there where 2 dragon Pokemon in this episode.
    BLAH

Go figure, this episode sounds like the worst ever. oh well *Picks up pitch forks and torches*

The writers made enough mistakes with giving cool pokemon to others, but to a rookie who has no more than a totadile, they have crossed the line big time
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

LMAO, as if you people really thought Ash was going to capture something with a full team of 6.

Please.

my guess is he screwed up and kazunari got to gible first. but from what i know of kazunari i dont think his totodile should have been able to battle it

So, "Worst Episode Ever" = Your bloated expectations of a plot event not actually occuring?
    At least wait until you have actually seen the episode before making such ridiculous calls. No more whining about the thing from this point, please.

Personally, I'm glad they gave Kazunari something interesting to do. He was quite bland in his first two episodes, with Kotone stealing much of the spotlight from him.

EDIT: It hit me that this is already becoming the new Ambipom. I will not hesitate to delete any future post that involves nothing but cursing the writers (and seriously, the death threats are totally unacceptable), whining incessantly about your dissatisfaction with the event, or just simply not squarely discussing the episode itself.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 1st October 2009 at 5:37 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast