Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ash & Dawn! Tag Battle! (615)

Hooray, Lyra and Khoury are leaving. I applaud the animator of this episode for that wonderful Mach Punch Monferno delivered to Croc at the end of the battle. I kept yelling out "I'm going to beat you with angles!" at my sister and brother while we were watching playing cards. Oh, and the Flame Wheel/Flamethrower combo was nice too.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

A pretty decent episode!

While it is true that the TR chase demonstrated that the writers obviously didn't have too much ideas for this episode when they wrote the screenplay, this first part of the episode wasn't that bad either, but in fact pretty entertaining. It wasn't just the old pattern (TR steals the twerps' Pokemon - they get away - Ash and Co find them after a few minutes with ease - Ash destroys their mecha- TR blasts off again), but this time it was extraordinarily hard for our heroes to locate and finally defeat the Rocket trio. Really, I was OK with the first part!

As for the tag battle: On the one hand it was certainly an impressive and interesting battle with regard to strategic battling (I analyzed it closely), but on the other hand it also had its illogical moments:
    Cindaquill (a newly-hatched!! Pokemon) taking so much damage just wasn't acceptable. After being hit by Croconaw's Hydropump it should have been KO at the very latest.
    Having barely trained Pokemon appear so strong just to showcase them is not right and betrayal of the audience if you ask me.:dodgy:

But nevertheless, I agree with you that Monferno's Matrix-like Mach Punch scene was the unquestionable highlight of today's episode! Brilliant animation! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Heh. 4piece.
    So yeah, getting away from music for a bit; that Mach Punch Monferno fed Croconaw. Definately beats out that staircase scene from the Unown ruins, huh? I don't think anything on the show has ever looked that good.
    Just wait for the third episode of the Galactic finale. The scene in which Cyrus is apathetically walking towards that new dimension and the subsequent explosion is the best and most impressive thing I've ever seen on the Pokemon Anime (of course, after the appearance of Her Majesty, the unsurpassable Cynthia herself :unworthy and it's even better than Monferno's Mach Punch- scene

All in all, a decent entertaining episode. Goodbye Lyra and Khoury! Time with you sure was fun!

6.5/ 7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was good. All I have to say is that the battle was very intense.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

it was actually a good episode and not one of the episodes that have no meaning and are made just to buy time (for me at least) -.-

Anyways, that monferno mach punch has to be a favorite out of the episode, it was so strong and powerfull and 3-D and with momentum which is really nice.

totodile evolving is nice too, its good to see pokemon evolve really XD
    the airport scene was great for me, the violin music, the workers walking by, the ballons, far range camera view, all very, very good.

seeing the future plans of the team, remembering whitney and morty, seeing khoury get stronger, the departure and everything was great.
    "If you beleive something is impossible, it will be impossible"
    "Everyone has a weakness"

Decent episode. I just watched this. Seeing Whitney and Morty were cool, and the battle in the second half of the episode was good. Featuring all starters, three from Johto and one from Sinnoh. It was weird for a bit that Cyndaquil could still battle after taking heavy water damage from Totodile/Croconaw and grass damage from Chikorita.
    Last edited by vipsoccermaster; 7th March 2010 at 8:40 AM.

I watched this episode, great background music.

I also loved Moferno's Much Punch in the end, one of the best moments in the battle.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I watched it earlier, and I have to say, I honestly thought Khoury and Lyra were going to start kissing at the end right before they took that plane/blimp thing.

The tag battle was good, but Lyra/Khoury should have won. For Cyndaquils first battle, it was already ready to fight, even though I thought all Cyndaquils have trouble getting their fire going early on, or maybe that's just Ash's Cyndaquil. Totodile evolving was ok, but it felt like the show is ramming HGSS down our throats now. That's the first time I've ever seen Brock, or any of the main cast, remember a gym leader they've already met, but someone is going to battle.

Its really annoying how Lyra keeps calling her Dane, come on, someone correct her!
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Nice episode.
    How come they going to johto with a hot-air balloon?
    Maybe its just anime or pokeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post

Its really annoying how Lyra keeps calling her Dane, come on, someone correct her!
    Too late man, it was kind of fun for me though
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I was kinda hoping that Kotone/Khoury would take a train back to Johto, so they could reference the Magnet Train, and cram some more HGSS down our throats, but if they took a train, it would be difficult to explain how it got there, and it may link Johto/Sinnoh by land somehow, causing more confusion, and more people saying "ZOMG Sinnoh iz liek n3xt t0 j0ht0, GF w1ll m@k3 a g@m3 wid @LL teh regionz OMG OMG OMG!!!!!"

Not fun. At all.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Excellent episode. One of the best episode that was properly made.

The colosseum scenery was a great place for a last get together location and a battle.

In a long time, TR have finally made a carefully thought out plan to almost getting away with snagging some Pokemon. The decoy mech was something that I never though TR would have done in years. Finally an exploding mech that was actually put into good use. I give TR props for this round.

The double battle between Dawn/Ash and Khoury/Lyra was well done. There was a lot of strategic/synchronizing activity going on in this double battle. Such as Lightscreen being used other than solo battles, Monferno helping out Cyndaquils Smokescreen for cover up, Totodile charging while Chikorita powers up with Solarbeam, Monferno Digging and taking Cyndaquil with him, and powering up Cydaquils Flamewheel with Flamthower. Double battles like this always make things very interesting.

I have to agree with most people here, Cyndaquil being overpowered when it was newly hatched. Hydropump should had took him down.

Tododile evolving into Croconaw was a nice touch for an awesome battle. Still, evolving wasn't enough to win the battle.

And lets not forget that awesome matrix panning camera view with Monfernos Machpunch. Epic.

I guess being the last episode of the Johto arc, they went full out details on this one.

At the airport, I was hoping for a plane, not a blimp. =/
    Blimps are the slowest flying vehicles. Will take days to reach their destination in that antique.

Great to see Khoury gifting Brock a Pokegear. I just hope we will be able to see Khoury and Lyra somewhere along their adventures. I'm going to miss those two.

Overall, Excellent episode. 8/10.

Time for HG and SS
    Last edited by AstralEon; 8th March 2010 at 7:16 PM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

This is quite a good episode and the tag battle was great. The only thing what I disagree about this episode is that Brock refers to Dialga and Palkia as Sinnoh Pokemon. They are supposed to represent time and space so are therefore universal pokemon, not Sinnoh Pokemon.

aww that was a great episode. Loved the battle and Totadile evolving. And the little Lyra/Kjory scene although Ash friendship yeah right hes so dense lol
    That scene at the end was quite cute though it made me tear up a bit. Hope we see Lyra again sometime in a cameo maybe she was a good character

If I wouldn't have watched the Japanese episode and looked through the pictures then I would've thought that Ash and Dawn were going to lose. Lyra and Khoury were kicking some butt. It was nice to see cyndaquil in a battle with monferno. They worked well together. Overall a really good episode and Brock got a pokegear! I wonder if Khoury will ever call Brock like he said he would?

I would probably go so far as to call this episode by favorite Pokemon episode to date that has aired in the US(tied with DP146 actually). Dawn's Cyndaquil probably should gotten knocked out by Khoury's Croconaw's Hydro Pump. I could most likely guarantee, though. that Croconaw's Aqua Tail would have knocked out Cyndaquil. I would still call this episode a favorite though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This is probably my favorite episode of this season (so far). TR finally had a good plan for once, and the decoy was pretty surprising. I enjoyed the battle very much, especially when the Johto music was playing at the beginning.

I can honestly say the animation has improved A LOT. There were some sweet camera angles during the battle.

Wow! What a great episode. The Double Battle was incredible and Monferno's Mach Punch on Croconaw was EPIC! I loved this episode, easily one of my favorites.

TR were in good form after the contest glory. Decoy mech was a great idea and finally made use of an exploding mech. Only the water pokemon gave them away in the end. Poor TR...
    Onto the a wonderfully animated battle. Water and Fire moves looked pristine and the was only one cheap moment. Cyndaquil taking that Hydro Pump. The way I see it it should have gone like this:

Cynda dodged the Hydro Pump but Monferno took it.
    Cynda used Flame Wheel but was KOed by the Croc's Hydro Pump. The Embers of the Flame Wheel then superpowered Monferno's Flamethrower for the KO on Chikorita.
    Monferno dodges an Aqua Tail with Dig and, after coming out, proceeds to matrix Falcon PAWNCH Croconaw.

Khoury got an amazing amount of development in the five episodes. A capture, a passion and an evo for his starter. Lyra's shipping hints were enough for her.
    And then they leave, dang. The group seems empty without them but the end of the saga must come. Bye Lyra and Khoury, you began a series of quality episodes and it was enyoyable while it lasted.
    8.9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

That was a nice battle.... fire type team victory

Awesome episode, Team Rocket were on top form with their Drapion decoy robot thingy. Ace Detective Khoury was cool x-).

Tag battle was really fun, nice to see some cool strategies being devised right before our eyes. Lyra using Light Screen was pretty neat. Nice to see Cyndaquil in its first proper battle - and it did well for itself. Monferno's epic punch on Croconaw (all Matrix-y or whatever) was amazing. Animation was great in this episode.

Sad to see Lyra and Khoury leaving, I loved them both. Nice to see that Brock got himself a Pokégear - a forever reminder of his Johto friends.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Cory's Totodile evolve into Croconaw. It was cool to see Cyndaquil be able to take a Hydro Pump and Aqua Tail and still go on with the battle. The Flame Wheel+Flamethrower combo was great! It was great to see that Ash and Dawn won the Double Battle, too bad Lyra and Cory left to go to Johto afterwards.

73/100

This episode like all the other Johto themed episodes was good.It was odd that Dawn chose Cyndaquil to battle since it just hatched,but I guess it was to test out its strengh. Really cool to see Totodile evolving. I think at the end Monferno's Mach punch was so epic. I didn't want Cory and Lyra too leave. Hopefully we will see them in the future.

Love the episode, tag battles are alwayse awesome! Croconaw is my favorite water second line starter, glad to see him too! Monferno is also really awesome =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Okay, why was the dub name of this episode never put on?

Anyway, this episode was a good conclusion to the Lyra/Korey arc. At least Korey's totodile evolved before they headed back for Johto. The episode isn't too special, but I did like Team Rocket fooling the twerps with a decoy robot tunneling under the ground, and LOL'd at all the pokemon jumping in the air in surprise as it passed underneath them.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Five episodes, and it seemed like Brock was not there. Maybe it's because he didn't battle too. I'm going to miss these two.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast