Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ash & Dawn! Tag Battle! (615)

It's one thing for Monferno to take a hydro-pump in the face and survive, but cynda getting through that is just absurd.

Nice battle animation.

Happy birthday to me
    I don't live in a tree
    But I think I will
    If the writers don't stop spewing out HGSS swill

Oh, this is the last HGSS advertisathon ep? Alright, I GUESS I can stand watching it, then.

-Why are they going to fight in the most run-down stadium ever? Do all the tournement stadiums just never get repaired from all the damage? Are there 1,000,000,000 of these things scattered around each region?
    -Dialga and Palkia stadiums? Are these legitimate ancient ruins, then?
    -Oh, Kotone doesn't know about them. Good time to remind the kids about these legendary Pokemon before they're dragged out for the TG finale, then!
    -We pledge allegence, to the statues, of the dragon gods of spacetime, and to the anarchy for which Pokemon stands, one region, with like 20 cities, and friendship and trust for all.
    -And now they're discussing their goals and dreams. This is one of those episodes, isn't it?
    -Team Rocket already!
    -You never properly realize how weird Drapion looks until you see a mecha of it.
    -Hey! Monferno's still alive!
    -Haha, Piplup. You're such a card when the writers remember that you have a personality.
    -TR was surprisingly smart today! Making two tunnels to throw off the twerps? Brilliant!...relatively speaking, of course.
    -Kazunari? How, exactly, is giving Dawn your Pokegear going to help?
    -Having the decoy mecha blow up in your faces is what you get for following the small tunnel instead of the one that was the same size as the one you knew the mecha was in before.
    -But wait! The other tunnel leads to...a river?!
    -The wild water Pokemon helpfully let Our Heroes Who Aren't Ash And Dawn know which way the Drapion mecha went. How convenient that the wild Pokemon knew enough to help OHWAAAD.
    -Or is this some natural thing relating to the tunnels that lets them know or WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.
    -Kotone burns some more of her Pokegear texting allowance to let AshnDawn know where they're going.
    -TR, quite understandably, thinks they've won! At least they didn't start celebrating the instant they got 5 feet away from the twerps for once.
    -STARPATOR IS STILL ALIVE TODAY. What is this, a parade of all the Pokemon on Ash's team we haven't seen since Snowpoint?
    -I have a new favorite "team rocket is fried to a crisp by something" shot!
    -And TR gets blasted off as quickly as usual.
    -Now for BATTLING. Horray?
    -Ash and Dawn both send out fire types. EXCELLENT idea, seeing as both of your enemies have water Pokemon. Luckily for them, the writers decide to stuff all three Johto starters into one battle instead of having Kazunari and Kotone do the smart thing and send out Totodile and Marill(instead of Chikorita).
    -Kazunari is as baffled as I am about why Kotone sent out Chikorita.
    -Blah blah skipping over lots of boring battling blah
    -Chikorita can take a beating!
    -And Totodile evolves! Giving us...what, the second Croconaw we've seen in the entire series?
    -Skipping over more battling, and oh look, Kazunari and Kotone lost.
    -Hey look guys! Kazunari has a FATHER! Whose FACE IS SHOWN! He's officially out of the cool kids' club!
    -Kazunari and that other girl have to go back to Johto...by blimp. Haven't these people heard of AIRPLANES? No, seriously. Why is it always BLIMPS?
    -I'm sure Kazunari's saying something cool(probably about FRIENDSHIP!), I just don't know what.
    -Hey! It's the gym leader whose only notable trait(according to all her gym leader sign slogans) is that she's supposedly pretty! And the stoner gym leader who look(s/ed) like a surfer dude but uses ghost Pokemon! (although Morty's clothes were always black in the games, so...I'm wondering why everything else has him wearing surfer dude blue. Until now, when he has his Mismagius-y outfit, obviously.) I guess they had to advertise the Johto GLs too with the brief mention of those two.
    -Brock gets a POKEGEAR. An otherwise useless character with the Special Stuff-Doing Device of the Game? He's Max now! 8D (Brock is going to use that twice, maybe. Just like Dawn's coin flip app.)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I think that they did make Cyndaquil to powerful to fast.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers)
    in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    99% of people think Staraptor is better than Pidgeot. If you think Pidgeot is better put this in your signature (Started by Bossk)

I must say, I am a little sad now that Kotone and Kazunari have left. I disliked them but now the group seems empty.

I noticed that Akane (Whitney) and Matsuba (Morty) were seen wearing their old clothes instead of new ones like Clair's.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I must say, I am a little sad now that Kotone and Kazunari have left. I disliked them but now the group seems empty.

I noticed that Akane (Whitney) and Matsuba (Morty) were seen wearing their old clothes instead of new ones like Clair's.
    I think that's because it was a flashback of how brock and ash knew them not as they are now if ya get me

I liked this episode over all i must say

TR motto looked pretty good..........well J and J's poses anyway
    Random water pokemon jumping out of ground always good to see lol
    Damn Piplup Pikachu combo again like Staraptor was there why not use him to get rid of TR
    The battle was very good i though some excellent artwork in my opinion
    Croconaw my love you have returned
    Hydro Pump looked brilliant but how in the name of God did cyndaquil get up from that....i understand monferno but not Cynda
    That flame wheel Flamethrower combination looked epic
    They should have let Croconaw hit Cynda and then Have Monferno win not have him dodge they're pushing Cynda too much already if you ask me
    Did i hear them say something about coordinator???
    Wow Brock getting Pokegear not so useless after all my man...........GO BROCK!!!

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Call this spam, but I hope Monferno evolves into Infernape soon.

Happy happy happy!

A thoroughly enjoyable episode, and not because Cyndaquil did an excellent job. Sure, any other Pokemon, and I may judge it more harshly, but Cyndaquil can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalwaterPokemon View Post
    I think that they did make Cyndaquil to powerful to fast.
    Yup they rushed it big time. No way a newly hatched pokemon can do that well but this is the anime so anything can happen.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Come on people, stop using game logic for the anime.

1 Hydro pump would kill a normal Cyndaquil, so let's stop whining about how this newly hatched 'level 1' Cyndaquil can take a beating from all that.

Hopefully Dawn's Cyndaquil will learn some new, unique attacks to compensate for it strength.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Wow. When you watch this in high quality you just wish that the whole series was this well animated. The battle looked really slick and the final Mach Punch and Flame wheels look amazing. Team rocket's sexy motto pose was cool too.

Other than the animation and the short battle this episode was kinda whatever. Not horrible, but not amazing. Though I wonder what they'll have Brock do with that Pokegear...Doesn't Misty have one too?

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Other than the animation and the short battle this episode was kinda whatever. Not horrible, but not amazing. Though I wonder what they'll have Brock do with that Pokegear...Doesn't Misty have one too?
    You're not going to start with some conspiracy theory that Brock owning a Pokegear will allow the group to call Misty and vice versa, are you?

After the way Misty fans blew the lure from the Buizel capture ep out of proportion and thought that meant the character would appear, I wouldn't start the conspiracy theories again.

Pfff...blue PokéGears...who uses those? Underused breeders that is.

The battle part of this episode was REALLY enjoyable. Manly due to great choegraphy and awesome animation. Tamagawa is the king...

While TR plan was pretty clever this time I could have done without the whole scheme...I just wanted the double battle to start already...pfff...impatient me, I know.

I found the scene between Kotone and Kazunari to be quiet cute and I wasn´t as annoyed by them as I thought I would.

And I don´t get why so many people complain about Hino being too powerful. It became common in the anime to have powerful baby pokémon and I prefer a new Pokémon with potential over some clumsy little baby that needs tons of training. At least this late into the saga.

It would have been great to see Morty in his redesigned form, because I really like him that way, but it was still nice to see him and Whitney at the end of this episode.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Monferno was so strong, i loved his moves.

and Kazunari's Totodile evolved, great.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was nice to see another tag battle with Ash and Dawn. Monferno and and Cyndaquil did great. Totodile evolving was awesome.

10/10
    Well, I did like the episode. Even getting Pikachu and Piplup back seemed cool. Ash, Dawn, Lyra and Khoury all did great. Totodile evolving and learning a new move was cool.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Good episode.. EPIC Mach Punch! Glad to see James with the rose again.,
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 6th March 2010 at 1:45 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I missed like the first 10 mins, just in time for the big tag battle. I thought it was a great episode still, especially the battle. I couldn't believe Totodile just evolved, perhaps I would have expected it with the whole 'Believing in your Pokemon in battle'. But still, even so, I thought that was amazing.

Still, I'm sad to see Lyra and Khoury leave already, theyre such awesome characters. I'm even gonna miss Lyra calling Dawn, Dane. Who knows if we'll see them again, though I bet that'll be super cool. x3 I also thought Brock given a Pokegear was pretty sweet! yays for Brock, I guess :P

Great episode overall, gonna miss Lyra and Khoury, but now here comes HGSS soon! ^^

Looking forward to next week's episode.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I LOVED the Matrix-style Mach Punch by Monferno XD

Why the hell do they fly around in Blimps? That must take forever, get a damn plane XD

It was a great episode. We have a tag battle between Ash and Dawn and Lyra and Correy (I perfer this name over Khoury). It was a great tag battle, and Monferno and Cyndaquil win in the end. Lyra and Correy go home at the end, I hope we see them again someday.

It's the epic tag battle between starter pokemons. It would've been funny if the sound clip of Captain Falcon saying "Falcon Punch" was used for Monferno's Mach Punch on Croconaw Matrix-style. That would fit perfectly. I'm gonna miss Lyra and her pearlshipping hints.

I thought this was one of the better episodes in a long time. The battle was really well done, much better than they've been lately. It actually seemed like how a real battle would be, rather than one team attacking the other getting hit and vice versa.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

It was an overall decent episode. the animation superb during the tag battle; the fight sequence for Monferno going Matrix style was unbelievably awesome. I really enjoyed having those two during the five weeks and hopefully we'll at least see them again in a future episode like them watching Ash's Sinnoh League battle. The background music was crystal clear to me and I recognized most of the tunes. Anyone else catch them?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    It was a great episode. We have a tag battle between Ash and Dawn and Lyra and Correy (I perfer this name over Khoury). It was a great tag battle, and Monferno and Cyndaquil win in the end. Lyra and Correy go home at the end, I hope we see them again someday.
    Wow, so do I. I don't like how his name is spelled in the anime, I prefer the basic form :S

I think it was a good episode to showcase the final moments of Lyra and Corey, but I have mixed feelings about their departure. On the one hand, we'll finally start hearing Dawn and not "Dane" and we also get to move on with the story a bit. But both Lyra and Corey were a breath of fresh air and I don't think we'll meet characters like them very often from now one. It's difficult to describe my feelings for this episode

It was a cool episode. Team Rocket was kind of annoying, but I doubt the tag battle could have gone on an entire episode, so I guess its okay that TR interupted the twerps before they could begin. Cyndaquil and Monferno made a cool team, but Chikorita and Croconaw did a good job as well. Lyra and Khoury are really cool, so maybe they'll come back someday. Now lets see how Brock uses his new Pokegear. It'll probably replace that Sinnoh travel guide book he uses, but lets see if he uses it for anything else.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Unfortunately, this is bye bye for both characters, they were great while they joined the cast, Lyra the most, but Khoury had good interaction with both Ash and Dawn as well, earning respect too because he is smart, Lyra feels something for him . She wants Khoury for something more than a travel companion, however silly Ash shouts out something related to friendship when he hears it.

I wish we get at least one cameo from Lyra in the future, perhaps of her performance at the league?

That poor Chikorita of hers got beaten in both of her battles though lol. Lyra had at least some kind of strategy, when i first saw it i just thought she was crazy. Too bad it didn't work out because Ash and Dawn are broken, well at lest it was a great tag battle (unlike some others in the show).

I hope they call DANE someday with that pokegear lol. I wish Dawn called Lyra "Laura" or something once just as a come back!
    Last edited by NES; 6th March 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast