Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4134

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

I will admit, her Madoka Magika and Highschool of the Dead reviews made my noggin hurt (no seriously, I got a headache after watching them) and I do prefer blunt reviews (like those from the Lava Buster), her reviews do tend to look at…ah screw it, anyone got fresh news on the dub?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Are we talking about Digimon or JesuOtaku? I like her reviews but that is my opinion and nothing more. Anyways, any news on the dub?

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    anyone got fresh news on the dub?
    Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Anyways, any news on the dub?
    No. What "news" we do have is largely rumors and hearsay.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

...I DID cause this derail, didn't I...;_____;

Guess I should get in the corner before I get even more off topic standing up for her (as both a fan and Furuba cast member).

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    ...I DID cause this derail, didn't I...;_____;

Guess I should get in the corner before I get even more off topic standing up for her (as both a fan and Furuba cast member).
    Really? That's interesting. Anyways, don't worry, there's been worse topic derailments and there's not much to discuss at the moment.

So its been a few months since Time Traveling Adventure Boys ended. Anyone getting impatient for next season? i know i am

We have the Xros Wars dub to look forward to, and even a cursory glance at recent history tells you that whatever the next anime incarnation is, it will likely be a few years down the road. Why be impatient for something that won't happen for a few years still, if and when it happens at all?

-----
    Words to|live by

Hopefully we'll have a new season by the 20th anniversary at the latest.

Credits to PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome banner.
    I adopted Rufflet.

Name: Washibon
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    A proud member of the Digimon Club.
    Come join NOW!

As great of a show the Digimon Adventure Dub is, I have to admit that a lot of the script is so corny even compared to Pokemon's script!

Digimon could create a new season soon, the franchise has actually been active the last few years. Xros Wars(manga as well), Hunters, and 2 PSP Games(Reigitize and the upcoming Adventure game) plus a new iOS card rpg comes out soon.
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Digimon could create a new season soon
    There's nothing to suggest this. Yet, at least.

the franchise has actually been active the last few years. Xros Wars(manga as well), Hunters, and 2 PSP Games(Reigitize and the upcoming Adventure game) plus a new iOS card rpg comes out soon.
    None of which have anything to do with an actual new anime series in the slightest.

-----
    Words to|live by

I love digimon

I've seen every episode and I'm currently waching through Xros wars the kids who leapt through time

Re: Digitize had a 5 minute anime opening. An Adventure game could be hinting at a reboot of Adventure for the 15 Anniversary. The franchise has been active compared to pre-Savers and pre-Xros Wars. Digimon has had a little boom again there's an excellent chance that there will be another season.
    Walker Sleepover

Re: Digitize had a 5 minute anime opening.
    Significant for no reason.

An Adventure game could be hinting at a reboot of Adventure for the 15 Anniversary.
    Uh, no. No, it's not hinting at that at all.

The franchise has been active compared to pre-Savers and pre-Xros Wars.
    It seems that way because you're paying attention. Go back and look at the time periods immediate to Frontier and Savers. The activity level is about the same, give or take a game or a card release or two.

Digimon has had a little boom again
    Yes, because it just wrapped a 21-month, 79-episode series earlier this year. That'll do wonders for any franchise in the short-term.

there's an excellent chance that there will be another season.
    I'm not saying there won't be another series a few years down the line. I am saying that nothing you've pointed out has any bearing on there being another series in the immediate future, and at present there is absolutely nothing indicating that there will be another series in the short term.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th September 2012 at 7:11 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

I think the only grounds for an Adventure remake would be that there have been a lot of remakes lately in the anime and videogame industries. That said I'm not going to get my hopes up for one. Besides it's really a gamble with these things, especially if it can live up to nostalgia.

On personal news I still need to catch up on the seasons past Frontier but agh, giant intimidating episode numbers. Buffering.
    I've recently acquired Children's War Game (one of the Adventure movies) so I'm going to see about watching it with a few friends soon. It'll be great.

According to WtW, it looks like the cast members have confirmed the dub title to be Digimon Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    According to WtW, it looks like the cast members have confirmed the dub title to be Digimon Fusion.
    Meh...not too bad of a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    As great of a show the Digimon Adventure Dub is, I have to admit that a lot of the script is so corny even compared to Pokemon's script!
    Isn't most anime dubbing in that era corny? I noticed dubs only began to stick more to the Japanese around mid 2000s (Well the shows i tend to watch at least did) Wait who owns digimon in the USA now? I heard Disney did but sold the rights then got it back. Not sure if they are rumors or not.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

It's unlikely that Disney "sold" the rights, but rather that they simply saw no point in renewing the license given the gap in time between material.

The reconstituted Saban Brands is responsible for the Xros Wars dub.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's unlikely that Disney "sold" the rights, but rather that they simply saw no point in renewing the license given the gap in time between material.

The reconstituted Saban Brands is responsible for the Xros Wars dub.

Ah good to know. thanks

Does this mean if Xros Wars had a movie, there'd be a "Pink Power Ranger" line in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I'm not surprised that Xros Wars got changed to Digimon Fusion. However, now I'm a little concerned by whatever cheese-ball thing they're going to do to "Shoutmon X#".
    "Shoutmon! Ballistamon! Dorurumon! Starmonz!

Digifusion!

Shoutmon F4 (Fusion 4)!"

Edit: More news on the Digimon Adventure RPG: http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmon

More news on the Digimon Adventure PSP game
    which it's set to release in 2013.
    This game has also contain the storyline for "Bokura no War Game~"

Still got the same voice actor for most of the characters, except for Palmon and Takashi Takeru, Palmon was voice by Shihomi Mizowaki, and now its being play by http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=63637">Yamada Kinoko
    , and Takashi Takeru was voiced by Hiroko Konishi(Who's retired from voice acting), and now he's voiced by Pan Meguimi in this game(Who played Airu from Xros Wars).
    Last edited by Taodragon; 20th September 2012 at 8:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I just wondered something (I apologize if this has already been answered). In the Digimon Adventure RPG game, it would be cool to have some alternate "What if" scenarios. Like, Ikkakumon fighting Monzaemon in Toy Town (Adventure Ep. 6) instead of Togemon.

That could work. Also, let's remember Bandai's "creative" dub names. I can see it like this:

"Shoutmon! WarKabuterimon! DigGarurumon! Starmonz! Digifusion!"

Obviously fake, but Bandai did give us gems like "LoadKnightmon" so I wouldn't put it past them.
    Yeah, there were quite a few "engrish" names here and there in Data Squad (BioRotusmon anyone?) though to be slightly fair Loadknightmon was only one letter off from Lordknightmon.

As for the names, I think Dorurumon will keep his name (though the L may get switched out for an R) since it already invokes Garurumon's due through the "ruru" sound from the Garuru onomatopoeia. Ballistamon I could see changing due to his name being a reference to a weapon, but we'll see.

Edit: Small teaser trailer for Digimon Adventure is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNj_J...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Taodragon; 21st September 2012 at 4:19 PM.

Man I literally fell to my knees in joy watching that. Exploring File Island and the Server Continent will be great. So I guess you choose which kid to use as your map avatar? And their Digimon partner switches in, in like.
    Except for plot-essential times, like after Devimon's Mansion and it's just Taichi and Agumon for a bit.

If they're not releasing it Odaiba Day I'll honestly be surprised.

It seems some peopel are saying Xross Wars will air on nicktoons. tbh the fact that they got PRS makes me think if Sabn does have the rights its possible but does anyone know if this is true or not? If it is on Nicktoons I can see them airing the older series like what they do for PR
    Last edited by PokeRhymeBeat; 22nd September 2012 at 6:12 AM.

Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast