Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4134

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    It seems some peopel are saying Xross Wars will air on nicktoons. tbh the fact that they got PRS makes me think if Sabn does have the rights its possible but does anyone know if this is true or not?
    Xros. One "s".

That Nicktoons is currently airing one of Saban's other properties means just that and nothing more, in and of itself. It's as possible as any other feasible landing spot.

Possibility has not yet equated to reality for any of the potential landing spots, however, so ignore anyone trying to tell you anything definitive in that regard.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 22nd September 2012 at 12:07 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    I want this to come over so badly!

Bandai please port it over here or release it on the PSN!
    Same, which is why I am picking up a Japanese to English dictionary as well to help me play the game and hey you never know I might actually learn to read Japanese.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Would be weird for me without english voices but does look interesting. Wow PSP is still getting some good games in Japan it seems. Lucky people
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Speaking of Digimon games, my friend still has the original PS game and I have yet to ask him to play it when I've gone over to his place...the problem is that he has cats, I hate cats!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Lol I still don't like how they changed it to Rotus. Good point about Dorurumon, but I think they may change it to Drillmon (kind of make sense if you try to write drill in katakana)

@FlintOff- Load/Lord Was what it was called in the Japanese version
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

I really only like the original group. I never got into it after that.

Not even season 2 either? It was shown right after the last episode of the first season
    -you should give the other groups/seasons a chance
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

I guess. I was actually thinking I should watch it again. I remember the movie and after that I might have watched a little more of the series.

Wait, Xros Wars is getting a dub? I'm totally out of the loop. I'm glad Disney is out of the picture, though.

Disney, in their one season of doing any actual hands-on production of the dub, did no worse or better than did Saban or Studiopolis.

-----
    Words to|live by

My problem with Disney wasn't the dub (Data Squad is one of my favorites, and Jeff Nimoy of Adventure/02 was on board anyway). It was their horrible treatment of the series as rights holders. At one point the only way to watch Digimon in Canada was to get American television via satellite or to outright pirate it. We got Data Squad on our Disney channel for a little while (it didn't last very long), and there's the Data Squad DVDs (which remain uncomplete), but there was no feasible option to watch the first four seasons. Now that Disney is no longer sitting on the rights to Digimon, Digimon Adventure is being released on DVD for the first time, and the later seasons will probably come eventually. It also means that Digimon Fusion won't be bound to television channels affiliated with Disney, so it will be a lot more accessible to viewers. Especially if it airs on Vortexx, which is pretty much a given at this point.

Oh man that Digimon Adventure RPG looks pretty awesome. I hope this sells well so that they can make sequels for Adventure 02, An shortened form of Ryo's Saga, and then Tamers. I just specifically want Tamers.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    My problem with Disney wasn't the dub (Data Squad is one of my favorites, and Jeff Nimoy of Adventure/02 was on board anyway). It was their horrible treatment of the series as rights holders. At one point the only way to watch Digimon in Canada was to get American television via satellite or to outright pirate it. We got Data Squad on our Disney channel for a little while (it didn't last very long), and there's the Data Squad DVDs (which remain uncomplete), but there was no feasible option to watch the first four seasons. Now that Disney is no longer sitting on the rights to Digimon, Digimon Adventure is being released on DVD for the first time, and the later seasons will probably come eventually. It also means that Digimon Fusion won't be bound to television channels affiliated with Disney, so it will be a lot more accessible to viewers. Especially if it airs on Vortexx, which is pretty much a given at this point.

I'm a little confused on what Vortexx is. Is it only airing old shows plus Zexel or does it plan to get new stuff like maybe Xross Wars for example. Was never sure if it was just a spot for old stuff or if its a money issue.

Special thanks to Nintenfan for this: According to Samuraicast, Saban has finally confirmed that they have the license and they'll be showing their newest season Digimon Fusion at MIPCOM in Cannes, France on Oct 8-11 (note that it'll probably be just clips of the original content if there's a trailer).

Also, they've confirmed that they have the rights to the older seasons, so hopefully that means we'll be getting DVDs of the other seasons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraicast
    LOS ANGELES, CA (Sept. 25, 2012) – Saban Brands has acquired the Digimon franchise, adding the long-running Japanese anime property to its growing portfolio of entertainment assets. The acquisition, which encompasses rights to the property outside of Asia, continues Saban Brands’ dramatic growth since reacquiring the Power Rangers property and purchasing lifestyle brand Paul Frank in 2010, amongst others. Saban Brands will work with MarVista Entertainment for distribution of the series outside of Asia. Japanese animation studio, Toei Animation Co., Ltd. will handle licensing and distribution of the property in Asia.
    The Digimon franchise, which was first brought to the U.S. in 1999 by Saban’s Fox Family Worldwide, explores a digital world where powerful creatures known as Digimon, or digital monsters, battle for supremacy. With the help of their young human partners, the Digimon defend their world and ours from various evil forces.
    “We’re thrilled to reconnect Saban Brands with Digimon, an entertainment franchise that embodies the strong fan base and growth potential we look for in new additions to our portfolio,” said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. “We look forward to reintroducing the brand in new and exciting ways that will allow more fans to engage with Digimon.”
    Saban Brands will debut the newest season, Digimon Fusion, at MIPCOM, which will be held Oct. 8-11 in Cannes, France. MarVista Entertainment has been appointed to handle international distribution (outside of Asia) of the new season, as well as distribution for more than 250 half-hours episodes of Digimon content from the library.
    “We are naturally excited to further extend our relationship with Saban Brands to represent the Digimon franchise and to present the latest iteration, Digimon Fusion, to international buyers at MIPCOM,” commented Fernando Szew, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer of MarVista Entertainment. “Children worldwide have embraced the Digimon television series since its launch, providing strong ratings success for broadcasters around the globe, and we anticipate a lot of enthusiasm from current and new partners who will undoubtedly want to play a key role in the continued growth of the Digimon franchise.”

Read more: http://blog.samuraicast.com/saban-br...#ixzz27Ved9r4s
    Last edited by Taodragon; 25th September 2012 at 11:24 PM.

I really hope this means some of the games will arrive in the states too. I guess it is to late for the DS games but I can see the PSP titles at least being on the PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    I'm a little confused on what Vortexx is. Is it only airing old shows plus Zexel or does it plan to get new stuff like maybe Xross Wars for example.
    It's a syndicated Saturday morning block, like Kids WB! and FOX Box/4Kids TV were, just programmed by Saban. They'll show whatever they can license that they think will play to the Saturday morning audience.

Also, again, Xros Wars. One "s".

-----
    Words to|live by

On top of the official announcement, we finally have the logo to the dub. Say hello to Digimon Fusion: http://www.wtwnews.net/assets/2012/d...usion-logo.jpg

(Apologies for not embedding it, it's too large.)

I have to say, that's one nice looking logo.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I have to say, that's one nice looking logo.
    Agreed, I love it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

That logo is pretty cool.

I'm still wondering what they will do with the Xrosing scene, unless they keep the term "DigiXros" and "X(insert number here)"

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    On top of the official announcement, we finally have the logo to the dub. Say hello to Digimon Fusion: http://www.wtwnews.net/assets/2012/d...usion-logo.jpg

(Apologies for not embedding it, it's too large.)
    Hah, that logo sort of reminds me of Pika's pointy ears and its electric XD Either, the logo is great nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Special thanks to Nintenfan for this: According to Samuraicast, Saban has finally confirmed that they have the license and they'll be showing their newest season Digimon Fusion at MIPCOM in Cannes, France on Oct 8-11 (note that it'll probably be just clips of the original content if there's a trailer).

Also, they've confirmed that they have the rights to the older seasons, so hopefully that means we'll be getting DVDs of the other seasons as well.
    Well that's a comforting thing to hear. I hope to see lots of Digimon in the future.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 20 is up.

I hope to have a Blu-ray of Tamers the most and then Savers. Adventure and 02 can come later.

Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast