Page 143 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4196

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I love it when they create new Digimon. Digimon isn't confined to numbered generations so they can create new Digimon whenever they please. It's great.
    Though it'd be nice if they could, you know, finish Digimon that belong to groups.

Olympus 12, anyone? Or should I say nine, because that's all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Though it'd be nice if they could, you know, finish Digimon that belong to groups.

Olympus 12, anyone? Or should I say nine, because that's all we have.
    never mind a group, they rarely finish even an EVOLUTION LINE.

At least finish the important Digimon's line.....
    We still don't know what is the true official Champion and Ultimate form for Impmon, for example. The one in Tamers just jumped from Rookie immediately into Mega.
    Digimon Wikia lists its Champion as Devimon (whose true Rookie form is DemiDevimon) while Wikimon lists a TON of Digimon, most also belongs to another evolution line.
    Veemon, Hawkmon, and Armadilllomon also has no clear Ultimate and Mega form. Their Ultimate form comes as a result of a merge, not a true evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Turns out there's a new Digimon on the block, say hello to RustTyrannomon: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/yatagami_...8/2892af49.jpg
    Rust?

RUST?

THAT THING IS NOT RUSTED AT ALL

Unless the name is a reference on how it can shoot rust-inducing energy/liquid.....which would be awkward considering it looks purely mechanical.

It's a really awesome design, by the way. Would love to see it in a Digimon anime one day.

Also, that image reminds me, we still don't know the true Rookie form of Tyrannomon.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I've also heard that it could be called "LastTyrannomon". I'm not sure which it actually is, since 'r' and 'l' are often confused in Japanese translations.

Yeah, more finalized digivolution routes and groups would be cool.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 22 is up.

LastTyrannomon would make sense too considering it would be the last of its line AND probably the "boss" for the lack of the better term for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

We still don't know what is the true official Champion and Ultimate form for Impmon, for example. The one in Tamers just jumped from Rookie immediately into Mega.
    Digimon Wikia lists its Champion as Devimon (whose true Rookie form is DemiDevimon) while Wikimon lists a TON of Digimon, most also belongs to another evolution line.
    Veemon, Hawkmon, and Armadilllomon also has no clear Ultimate and Mega form. Their Ultimate form comes as a result of a merge, not a true evolution.
    True, it's weird that they do that, especially since most of the anime/manga/special occasion Digimon are introduced with their whole lines intact, but at least we're getting some now like Floramon (she now has Seirenmon and Ceresmon as her Ultimate and Mega) and Tyrannomon.

Having said that, I still consider Paildramon/Imperialdramon, Silphymon/Valkyrimon, Dinobeemon/Grankuwagamon and Shakkoumon (Vikemon got stolen so this one does need to be filled) as their canon Ultimates and Megas since they take mostly from the traits of their respective lines, particularly in their Mega forms which takes very little from the other Digimon.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 19th April 2013 at 6:36 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

LastTyrannomon would make sense too considering it would be the last of its line AND probably the "boss" for the lack of the better term for the group.
    yeah, LastTyrannomon makes more sense. Especially since I doubt they can make another design for a Tyrannomon variant that can top THAT

but at least we're getting some now like Floramon (she now has Seirenmon and Ceresmon as her Ultimate and Mega)
    Seirenmon is kinda funny, considering neither Floramon nor Ceresmon have any music theme.

That, and Seirenmon is a water-based Digimon, while both Floramon and Ceresmon are plant-based.....even Kiwimon at least has a plant theme with its green leaf-like "hair".

Also, wasn't Blossomon the true Ultimate for her? Especially considering Blossomon is plant-based.....

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

\Seirenmon is kinda funny, considering neither Floramon nor Ceresmon have any music theme.

That, and Seirenmon is a water-based Digimon, while both Floramon and Ceresmon are plant-based.....even Kiwimon at least has a plant theme with its green leaf-like "hair".

Also, wasn't Blossomon the true Ultimate for her? Especially considering Blossomon is plant-based.....
    Well they did do a welcoming dance back in Frontier.

Yeah the connection's vague between Floramon-Kiwimon and Seirenmon-Ceresmon but at least it has some realm of theme in the helmet and the plant motif, it could just be another Gatomon line thing. As for Blossomon, it's not confirmed to be it's ultimate but it was generally accepted beforehand.

Ok, looks like we have one last announcement: Plutomon will appear in Crusaders soon enough. No pictures are out yet but we know that it's NOT a part of the group (so Vesta and Bacchus fans can breathe a sigh of relief) and that it's a "God of Evil."
    Last edited by Taodragon; 20th April 2013 at 11:25 PM.

We (Digimon Wikia, I'm an admin there) do that because it's the form used in Digimon Battle. Wikimon lists all those because it's everything he can evolve into in the entire franchise. Digimon Wikia only uses the Evolution lines used in storylines, or game evolutions that don't require (or allow) player input. So yes, we have official Adult and Perfects for Impmon, the fact that they are also in other lines is irrelevant, Digimon aren't stuck in just one line, unlike Pokémon, so there's multiple possibilities for a line. Remember Piyomon becoming Aquilamon in Savers?

Also, we do have their official forms, it's the ones we see in 02. KrytenKoro (another admin) knows more about this than me, but one of the games explain that the Digimon resulting of a Jogress is the natural form of one of the two Digimon involved, and the other is just a source of energy, or a battery, similar to the Crests. So basically, Paildramon is V-mon's natural Perfect, with Stingmon being just a battery, Silphymon is Hawkmon's Perfect and Tailmon is just a battery, and Shakkoumon is Armadimon's natural Perfect, with Angemon just providing energy. Similarly, DinoBeemon is Wormmon's natural Perfect and XV-mon is just a battery.

Rust?

RUST?

THAT THING IS NOT RUSTED AT ALL

Unless the name is a reference on how it can shoot rust-inducing energy/liquid.....which would be awkward considering it looks purely mechanical.
    His profile says he's covered in rust, so yes, it's RustTyranomon. I guess it's a pun.

By the way, does anyone know if there's any synopsis for the Encode first chapter yet? There's not even a single scan in any of the sites, and the only thing Baidu has posted, is that V-Jump updated their comics list page with the Encode characters, which are Taiga, Niko, Nyanko (Akiho), and a new character called Kurosugi. No trace of Rina even though a manga-style illustration of her was in the announcement.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Veemon has UlforceVeedramon if you ignore ExVeemon and pretend that it digivolves into Veedramon (which it does in Digimon World Reigitize Decode).

But yeah, the other Digimon are screwed. It gets even worse if you factor in the Digimon from Frontier and Xros Wars who don't even have a proper level.

Yeah, I personally always considered AlforceV-dramon to be a sort of standard lineup, with the rest as alternatives. V-dramon came before the rest (V-Tamer), but XV-mon and the other armor evolutions have been more well known and utilized because of 02.
    Generation VI

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    (Digimon Wikia, I'm an admin there)
    oh wow

it's always nice to see an admin of another site while you're on a completely different site

So yes, we have official Adult and Perfects for Impmon, the fact that they are also in other lines is irrelevant, Digimon aren't stuck in just one line, unlike Pokémon, so there's multiple possibilities for a line. Remember Piyomon becoming Aquilamon in Savers?
    True, but still, for such a "special" Digimon, I kinda wish Impmon gets his own true evolution line.....

As for Biyomon becoming Aquilamon, that's exactly what I meant with a true evolution form.
    Yes, Biyomon can evolve into Aquilamon, but it's obvious that the true Rookie form for Aquilamon is Hawkmon, it's just that somehow Biyomon can evolve into Aquilamon as well.

Also, we do have their official forms, it's the ones we see in 02. KrytenKoro (another admin) knows more about this than me, but one of the games explain that the Digimon resulting of a Jogress is the natural form of one of the two Digimon involved, and the other is just a source of energy, or a battery, similar to the Crests. So basically, Paildramon is V-mon's natural Perfect, with Stingmon being just a battery, Silphymon is Hawkmon's Perfect and Tailmon is just a battery, and Shakkoumon is Armadimon's natural Perfect, with Angemon just providing energy. Similarly, DinoBeemon is Wormmon's natural Perfect and XV-mon is just a battery.
    Interesting, thanks for the info

His profile says he's covered in rust, so yes, it's RustTyranomon. I guess it's a pun.
    Wait, that's rust? Looks more like mechanical parts to me....then again, rusted mechanical part makes sense. Still, the rust isn't really that obvious, at least to me....

-----

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Veemon has UlforceVeedramon if you ignore ExVeemon and pretend that it digivolves into Veedramon (which it does in Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode).
    I was referring to the anime Veemon, which evolves into Exveemon instead of Veedramon.

But yeah, if we're talking about Veemon that evolves into Veedramon, then yes, it has its own complete true evolution line.

-----

Ok, looks like we have one last announcement: Plutomon will appear in Crusaders soon enough. No pictures are out yet but we know that it's NOT a part of the group (so Vesta and Bacchus fans can breathe a sigh of relief) and that it's a "God of Evil."
    Yay, I want to see Vestamon, so this is good news to me

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I mentioned this previously, but we finally got new scans and along with them we have a (slightly) better picture and a new Digimon.

Guys, say hello to the equivalent (not a part) of the Olympic Twelve, the hunter of the unpunished Digimon who elude the light, Plutomon:
    Last edited by Taodragon; 22nd April 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Wonder what a Mega version for MasterTyranomon could look like? THAT I would love to see.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Curse you Japan for getting this on 3DS and sadly we outside of Japan won't enjoy this game

Hopefully we will. Otherwise I'll have to speed up on my Japanese learning process, lol

Been a fan of digimon for a long time. Just hoping to join in on the discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Know what would be nice? An official Mega form for Wormmon. I mean, we already have an Ultimate form, but I think it's time Wormmon had an exclusive Mega form. GranKuwagamon shouldn't really count. Plus Ken is a significant character in his own right that he kind of deserves one.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Lots of reasonably notable Digimon don't have complete lines from Baby to Mega. Having been used as a character's partner doesn't really give Wormmon special status in that regard.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Know what would be nice? An official Mega form for Wormmon. I mean, we already have an Ultimate form, but I think it's time Wormmon had an exclusive Mega form. GranKuwagamon shouldn't really count. Plus Ken is a significant character in his own right that he kind of deserves one.
    Why wouldn't it count though? It's fit the DNA line they had going really well considering Dinobeemon, it's a fitting transition from baby to mega.

Why wouldn't it count though?
    Because GranKuwagamon originally belongs to the Kuwagamon line (Kuwagamon -> Okuwamon -> GranKuwagamon). Therefore, it's not the true/official Mega form for JewelBeemon.

Digimon World DS' Gallery even noted that GranKuwagamon is the final form of Kuwagamon.

Speaking of the Kuwagamon's line, I don't think they ever reveal its official Rookie form....

And it's kinda awkward that Stingmon got an official Ultimate form yet Exveemon still hasn't got any......
    I meant an Ultimate form that does not use Stingmon as "battery", by the way. JewelBeemon didn't use Exveemon at all, so I want to see Exveemon's Ultimate form that does not use Stingmon at all.

I think they should make an official Ultimate for Exveemon first before making an official Mega form for Wormmon, just to even it out.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I'd personally rather see a Wormmon mega.

Plutomon looks pretty awesome. I also just noticed the giant cannon on RustTyrannomon's back. Siiiick.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 22 is up.

Because GranKuwagamon originally belongs to the Kuwagamon line (Kuwagamon -> Okuwamon -> GranKuwagamon). Therefore, it's not the true/official Mega form for JewelBeemon.

Digimon World DS' Gallery even noted that GranKuwagamon is the final form of Kuwagamon.

Speaking of the Kuwagamon's line, I don't think they ever reveal its official Rookie form....
    Based on the design cues, Grankuwagamon takes from both Dinobeemon (which is the Wormmon dominant answer to Paildramon) and Kuwagamon so it still fits rather well for either. Plus, it has been used as a part of the Wormmon line in different games (Brave Tamers of which had the Digimon used for Ken's) and the cards over Kuwagamon kind of like what happened with Vikemon and Gomamon despite not being its "official" mega until the Adventures game. So at the very least it semi-fits.

However, having said that, a mega that looks more like Stingmon would be nice, maybe like Grandiskuwagamon but having a little bit more Stingmon to it.

And it's kinda awkward that Stingmon got an official Ultimate form yet Exveemon still hasn't got any......
    I meant an Ultimate form that does not use Stingmon as "battery", by the way. JewelBeemon didn't use Exveemon at all, so I want to see Exveemon's Ultimate form that does not use Stingmon at all.

I think they should make an official Ultimate for Exveemon first before making an official Mega form for Wormmon, just to even it out.
    Jewelbeemon isn't anymore Wormmon's "true" ultimate then Yamnamon's at this point, at least not to the extent of the other lines. Right now it's just fills a speculative hole.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 23rd April 2013 at 5:44 PM.

Well, in Brave Tamer XV-mon can become Paildramon without using Stingmon, and the same goes for all the 02 folks.

From KrytenKoro's understanding, the explanation given in Tag Tamers is that using another Digimon as a battery is just one way to achieve that form, and the same result would be achieved if they used a Crest. So, basically, if Ken had ever used the Crest of Kindness to evolve Stingmon, he would have become Dinobeemon, and if the entire 02 cast were given Crests, their Digimon would have still become Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon. Brave Tamer seems to confirm this by having them evolve directly to these forms without using Jogres.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

However, having said that, a mega that looks more like Stingmon would be nice, maybe like Grandiskuwagamon but having a little bit more Stingmon to it.
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing

A bee-like, dark green-colored GrandisKuwagamon would make a perfect Mega form for Wormmon.

In fact, it doesn't even have to be bee-like, had GranKuwagamon or GrandisKuwagamon was dark green in color, I personally would have accepted it as Wormmon's Mega

Jewelbeemon isn't anymore Wormmon's "true" ultimate then Yamnamon's at this point, at least not to the extent of the other lines. Right now it's just fills a speculative hole.
    heh, to be honest I actually forgot Yanmamon and SandYanmamon exist. I think we should add those two into the long list of forgotten old Digimon XD

That reminds me, back then during the era of Digimon 2 game (the one with the beetle ride thing, do you remember it?) I wondered why SandYanmamon is gray while Yanmamon is yellow, since usually sand is colored yellow.....

From KrytenKoro's understanding, the explanation given in Tag Tamers is that using another Digimon as a battery is just one way to achieve that form, and the same result would be achieved if they used a Crest. So, basically, if Ken had ever used the Crest of Kindness to evolve Stingmon, he would have become Dinobeemon, and if the entire 02 cast were given Crests, their Digimon would have still become Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon. Brave Tamer seems to confirm this by having them evolve directly to these forms without using Jogres.
    Interesting, since design-wise, it would be slightly odd, due to the evolved form clearly having parts of other Digimon (with the obvious exception of Shakkoumon)

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Wanted to join the conversation in this thread, because I like Digimon as well.

Interesting, since design-wise, it would be slightly odd, due to the evolved form clearly having parts of other Digimon (with the obvious exception of Shakkoumon)
    Well, not really, because if you look at many other Jogress evo form of many Digimon in Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight, the Digimon were actually the natural evo form or the alternate evo form of one of the two Digimons.

Currently by design-wise perspective, the Digimons that obviously look like combination of two (or more) is only Paildramon, Dinobeemon, Silphymon, Omegamon, Chaosmon, Susanoomon, Chimeramon, and a less known one Deltamon (though, I can't tell what made up Deltamon).
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Deltamon isn't made up of pre-existing Digimon, though its arms resembles a member of the Seadramon family and a bulky SkullGreymon.

Whatever makes it seems to be unknown, and at this point, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 26th April 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Alphamon's in the game. Hnnnng. If it wasn't for Adventure PSP this would probably be the best Digimon game ever.

Page 143 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast