Page 126 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4051

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

  1. #3126
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    FINE, maybe the show isn't that much of a rip-off if you nitpick alot, but the whole concept is a rip-off anyway. And I'm stubborn, so this is the most your going to get out of me. Also, here https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Digimon since I'm tired.

  2. #3127
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    So you get your fact from a satirical wiki that is not only NSFW but also relishes in the trolling subculture? Well, guys I think I have this argument in the bag.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  3. #3128
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    So you get your fact from a satirical wiki that is not only NSFW but also relishes in the trolling subculture? Well, guys I think I have this argument in the bag.
    Problem with truth?

  4. #3129
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    It is NOT truth. The is riddled with opinion that should probably not be taken seriously. It is not only stupid but a disgusting website. You sir are not willing to admit when you are wrong.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  5. #3130
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    >implying that I care, and the website is actually just a drama wiki, not exactly a 4chan wiki.

  6. #3131
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMaggot View Post
    Problem with truth?
    Sure, because what's more factual then a fanmade wiki that intentionally twists information for a mean spirited laugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMaggot View Post
    >implying that I care, and the website is actually just a drama wiki, not exactly a 4chan wiki.
    Drama or not, it's still non-factual.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 17th August 2012 at 5:20 AM.

  7. #3132
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    You sir just have trouble admitting that you are wrong and that your opinion is NOT fact. If you can't accept that then this world is going to be very kind to you.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  8. #3133
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    I am looking forward to the Xros Wars dub. I also disappointed that Jeff Nimoy is not onboard but you win some you lose some. I just glad that Digimon is out the woods.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  9. #3134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I know it's not eaxactly fact on everything, but how they describe the furry, anime fanbase, I say it's pretty true (Yes, I know there is a difference between Truth and Fact, but it never relied on facts, instead truth and drama.). Also, I think they've done their job pretty well.

  10. #3135
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    ^The channel that will most likely get IMO will most likely be Nicktoons since not will fit perfectly with their other "primetime" shows but they seem to loving 'mon centric shows these days. Also Nicktoons seems to make more sensible edits if necessary as opposed to Disney XD.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  11. #3136
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I'm also hoping that they don't have to make any substantial edits this time around. While changing BomberNanimon to Citramon was brilliant (given the circumstances laid out by Disney), the way they changed "Yatagaramon" to "Crowmon" looked really... off in the Digivolution sequence.

    That said, I'm also wondering what network this is going to air on. If it's Toon Disney again, we might be in for more edits. Maybe Nickelodeon will get it (they did get DBZ: Kai).
    Agreed, though to be fair, Digimon Xros Wars doesn't have as many dark moments when compared to Savers, so there probably wouldn't be another Citramon incident though they did have a little too much fun animating Mervamon.

    I'm also hoping it's Nickolodeon, but I could see it also being on Vortexx if Saban got the rights again.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 17th August 2012 at 5:45 AM.

  12. #3137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    but I could see it also being on Vortexx if Saban got the rights again.
    Saban had the rights the first time because they actually dubbed the series. That's not the case here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    (I bet that a lot of people are very confused on what we're talking about. )
    ...no one is confused as to what you're talking about.

    It's ironic that people have gone from "I hope there aren't too many edits" to "I hope this airs on a Saturday morning network TV block."



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #3138
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Agreed, though to be fair, Digimon Xros Wars doesn't have as many dark moments when compared to Savers, so there probably wouldn't be another Citramon incident though they did have a little too much fun animating Mervamon.

    I'm also hoping it's Nickolodeon, but I could see it also being on Vortexx if Saban got the rights again.
    I hoping it will be on Vortexx as well but my second bet is Nicktoons. Mervamon wouldn't be that hard to edit if I guess but I agree that had a little too much fun with her character.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  14. #3139
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    *jump's inside a box* MEOW!
    Posts
    451

    Default

    I haven't watched the show for awile but I like the characters, espesally the Digimon themselves. They're pretty cool, I like Gatomon (suprise?)/Patamon/Calumon, espesally.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

    ^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

  15. #3140
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Packing bags for Hoenn :D
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    They just barely edited Rosemon, and inconsistently at that xD

    Mervamon is safe, but those transformation scenes of hers will probably be thrown out the window
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~





  16. #3141
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    They just barely edited Rosemon, and inconsistently at that xD

    Mervamon is safe, but those transformation scenes of hers will probably be thrown out the window
    I agree. Mervamon is pretty safe considering but those transformation sequences will have to go. Also nice sig.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  17. #3142
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Mervamon is safe, but those transformation scenes of hers will probably be thrown out the window
    Yeah, those scenes were the worst of them. I could see them doing the same thing they did for Rosemon and just skip the more 'fanservicey' parts, I just hope they figure out a way to make the animation's more flowing if they decide to go that route.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 17th August 2012 at 4:58 PM.

  18. #3143
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I'm not against any unnecessary edits, as long as they're done well. Example once again being how they took a "shortcut" in order to make the name change in Yatagaramon/Crowmon's evo sequence. Compared to how well it was done in Adventure and 02 (changing AtlurKabuterimon to MegaKabuterimon looked seamless).

    I know I'm nitpicking, but I'm just hoping that they step up the effort in any edits for Xros Wars.
    Agreed, some of the editing for Savers/Data squad was pretty bad in comparison to the other seasons (like the Baronmon death scene in the Eldramon arc). Hopefully they'll do better this time around.

    Btw, the V-jump just came out, and with it news of Adventure getting its own game adaptation:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmon
    According to newest issue of Vjump,
    there will be a new Digimon PSP game coming, a RPG game with the original Digimon Adventure Story arc.
    The game release is for the 15th anniversary of Digimon this year as well.
    Due to limited images scans, release date is still unknown.
    So stay tune for more excited news






  19. #3144
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Do we know who's dubbing Xros Wars? And what else have they dubbed?
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013

  20. #3145
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I personally don't mind 02's ending the problems I had with 02 were that I felt as if it had great ideas but were executed poorly and that the writing was all over the place.
    This the plot holes plus it felt that the plot was going no where is why Digimon Zero two is my least favourite.

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMaggot View Post
    Digimon will forever be THE Pokemon rip-off.
    You are an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I'm not against any unnecessary edits, as long as they're done well. Example once again being how they took a "shortcut" in order to make the name change in Yatagaramon/Crowmon's evo sequence. Compared to how well it was done in Adventure and 02 (changing AtlurKabuterimon to MegaKabuterimon looked seamless).
    Saver dub for the most part was fine, I just didn't like the "double warp Digivole" or the digivolution music.

    And Citrusmon was dumb but that was more Disney's fault than the dubbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Btw, the V-jump just came out, and with it news of Adventure getting its own game adaptation:
    Oh your god!! I am so buying this!!!

    I am really glad that Bandai is releasing more Digimon games, shame that they won't be released in English.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  21. #3146
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I'm sorry, I must have stepped into a time warp back into 2000 or something but there are still people out there *****ing about Digimon being a Pokemon "rip-off"?

    And that's cool that Xros Wars is being dubbed, if it's true. The Japanese version was pretty dull imo so maybe the American team can make it more interesting somehow. But is there any official word on it? I tried searching around Google but couldn't find anything.

    EDIT: Adventure RPG game? How come I didn't notice that before? AWESOME.

  22. #3147
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'm sorry, I must have stepped into a time warp back into 2000 or something but there are still people out there *****ing about Digimon being a Pokemon "rip-off"?
    About 95% are just trolls being stupid like CallMeMaggot, the other 5% just don't bother doing any research to find that both Digimon and Pokémon was release at the same time.


    It get annoying but luckily get shut up pretty quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    The Japanese version was pretty dull imo so maybe the American team can make it more interesting somehow.
    You are aware that the dub will follow the Japanese script and will not stray away from it?

    If you found the Japanese version dull then it could be that you didn't like the story and being dubbed will not changed that.

    For example being dubbed or not won't solve Zero Two plot holes, thus I didn't like it.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 17th August 2012 at 11:01 PM.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  23. #3148
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    ^They dubbed Megaman Star Force! I loved the show for it short time on Toonami. I now have high hopes for Xros Wars now.

    Also a Digimon Adventure RPG Game? Shut up and take my money!

    Lastly, I can't see how Digimon is a ripoff of Pokemon because the 'mons genre was here long before Pokemon even came out. Shin Megami Tensei is the trope maker and Pokemon is only the trope codifer. Any 'mons owes its existence to it.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::


  24. #3149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    You are aware that the dub will follow the Japanese script and will not stray away from it?

    If you found the Japanese version dull then it could be that you didn't like the story and being dubbed will not changed that.

    For example being dubbed or not won't solve Zero Two plot holes, thus I didn't like it.
    You mean the dub's gonna translate the Japanese version word for word and leave it at that? Why sure, that's exactly what the first five seasons did. Oh wait.

    Anyway, that's not what I meant. I meant that maybe they can add a bit of humor or charm or whatever to lighten the series up a little bit and make it slightly more entertaining. I'm not holding my breath or anything though, because you're right I'll probably find the English version just as dull as I did the Japanese version. Sadly there's not much they can do to fix up the repetitive storyline and boring/unlikable human characters.

    On a final note I can't wait to see what they do with Mervamon.

  25. #3150
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    You mean the dub's gonna translate the Japanese version word for word and leave it at that? Why sure, that's exactly what the first five seasons did. Oh wait.
    Oh wait what?

    That is what the dub version did it largely 95% translated the Japanese version word for word, the 5% was just changed for corny one-liners or changing a Japanese joke that couldn't be translated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Anyway, that's not what I meant. I meant that maybe they can add a bit of humor or charm or whatever to lighten the series up a little bit and make it slightly more entertaining.
    Not if the original Japanese version was written in a way where it can't be done.

    Beside the Japanese version of Xros Wars was entertaining and I see no reason why the dubber won't translate it word for words, while adding the corny one-liners and changing a Japanese joke that couldn't be translated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'm not holding my breath or anything though, because you're right I'll probably find the English version just as dull as I did the Japanese version.
    Then why are you bothered about the English version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Sadly there's not much they can do to fix up the repetitive storyline
    What repetitive storyline?

    Did you watch a different Digimon Xros wars because it story line was completely different from the others and the only thing that they borrow was Taiki being sent back to the real world, which was only done 2 times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    and boring/unlikable human characters.
    What boring and unlikable human characters?

    They were all fine and was done well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    On a final note I can't wait to see what they do with Mervamon.
    Either nothing at all or cover her up.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 126 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •