Page 128 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4073

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Interesting... So I guess that means Xros Wars' Japanese music won't be crossing the pond? Well, I'll keep an open mind. I did like Data Squad's dub music.

What else has Saban done?
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Nope. Shoutmon doesn't die till the second to last episode.
    Actually Shoutmon dies three times, once during the Apollomon saga, again at the second to last episode of the first part of Xros wars and when Quartzmon deleted the real world.

Hell the very first episode he was close to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    If I turn on the TV to see "Shoutmon! Ballistamon! DigiXros! (♪ Digimon, Digital Monsters! Digimon Are The Champions! ♪)", I will probably scream like a fanboy.
    No just no, that repetitive rubbish was stupid back then and it's stupid now and beside they dropped that during Fronter and Savers.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I love this show and watched it religiously as a kid; and I didn't care that it made me less of a Pokemon fan. I don't know why there was(and still is) a "war" and I don't see them as ripoffs of each other. I don't see anything these shows have in common other than the "mon" in their names. Even their success if different; Digimon tends to produce good anime adaptions, but the games aren't as popular while it's the opposite for Pokemon.

I prefer the dub in both voices and most of it's music. Yes, there were lame jokes thrown in, but that was because of Fox or else there would have no Digimon to show at all. If you can overlook it, the dub is actually very accurate(it did have a few inconsistencies in the early episodes, but they phased out) and one of the few TV dubs back then that wasn't a butchered mess.

My favorite series are Adventure(classic) and Tamers(showed how dark Digimon can be). Adventure 02 was a train wreck that I refuse to consider canon(even Sora and Matt/Yamato getting together wasn't enough to save it). Frontier was wasted potential(I firmly believe it could as good or even better than Adventure). Savers was okay, but could have been better if it had more character development and the final arc hadn't dragged then rushed in the end(Tamers had that same problem). I can't even sit through Xros Wars; it represents every negative thing I despise in shounen combined in a attempt at being a "series". If it were a satire/parody, I'd probably love it. Even the crossover was a terrible attempt at fanservice; it was like watching a bad fanfiction that was full of continuity errors and off characterization(just like most actual fanfiction. How sad). I'm glad they weren't in a rush to dub it; even Japan hated it.

A real gamer is one that plays for fun and enjoys a decent story.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Interesting... So I guess that means Xros Wars' Japanese music won't be crossing the pond? Well, I'll keep an open mind. I did like Data Squad's dub music.

What else has Saban done?
    At the moment, they're involved in the most recent season of the Power Rangers, which if I understand correctly is more closer to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Actually Shoutmon dies three times, once during the Apollomon saga, again at the second to last episode of the first part of Xros wars and when Quartzmon deleted the real world.

Hell the very first episode he was close to death.
    Shoutmon didn't die in the Apollomon arc, an ally of his (Beelzemon) did however.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 4th September 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnTrainer_GothicNerd View Post
    I don't know why there was(and still is) a "war"
    There was no war back then and there is no war now, just people who don't know what they are talking about just pulling crap just to make them look smart.

Yes, there were lame jokes thrown in, but that was because of Fox or else there would have no Digimon to show at all.
    The corny joke had nothing to do with Fox at all, that was all Saban. All Fox told did was tell them to tone down the violence and play down the fact that Vamdemon is a vampire.

Digimon got off lightly compare to the 90s Spider-Man which had far more strict rules to the point that Spider-Man wasn't allowed to throw a punch.

If you can overlook it, the dub is actually very accurate(it did have a few inconsistencies in the early episodes, but they phased out) and one of the few TV dubs back then that wasn't a butchered mess.
    Maybe when I was younger but now that I am older I prefer the Japanese version since it doesn't have the corny joke that can put a damper during the heat of the moments, also the Japanese version has the better theme song, Digivolution song and ending song.

Adventure 02 was a train wreck that I refuse to consider canon(even Sora and Matt/Yamato getting together wasn't enough to save it).
    Refuse all you want but it's canon until Toei says other wise.

Frontier was wasted potential(I firmly believe it could as good or even better than Adventure).
    I don't about that since I believe that episode 28 was Frontier best episode. Frontier problem was that it had a slow beginning pick up at the middle then it went down hill at toward the end.

Even the crossover was a terrible attempt at fanservice;
    I am a fan of Digimon and I liked it ergo it wasn't.

it was like watching a bad fanfiction
    Stop over-reacting, it was fine and nowhere near fanfiction level.

that was full of continuity errors
    continuity errors such as?

and off characterization(just like most actual fanfiction. How sad).
    Again stop over-reacting, explain yourself what exactly what was off characterisation and for whom.

even Japan hated it.
    And you know this how, did you speak to every Japanese person who watch and collected their thought and view of the show?

Furthermore you don't to seem to have any evidence to back this up, so as far I am aware this is hearsay that you could have made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Shoutmon didn't die in the Apollomon arc, an ally of his (Beelzemon) did however.
    Shoutmon was killed along with Dorulumon and Ballistamon, thus causing Taiki to let let DarkKnightmon to has his soul removed so he could save them.

It was between episode 50-51.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 4th September 2012 at 10:57 PM.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Shoutmon was killed along with Dorulumon and Ballistamon, thus causing Taiki to let let DarkKnightmon to has his soul removed so he could save them.

It was between episode 50-51.
    Oh, actually that wasn't the Apollomon arc, it took place in Bagramon's land just after it. Also, while I see what you mean, technically they didn't die as their bodies were still intact and they didn't have to be revived by the Code Crown.

and beside they dropped that during Fronter and Savers.
    They dropped it because those musical rights stayed with Saban, which did not dub Frontier and Savers.

With that said...

Interesting... So I guess that means Xros Wars' Japanese music won't be crossing the pond?
    ...it was unlikely in the first place, simply for monetary and licensing reasons. It's easier both legally and financially just to have the musical staff (ha ha) on your payroll whip up new music than it is to have to reach across the pond and make contact and license the original BGM.

I didn't care that it made me less of a Pokemon fan.
    It didn't.

I don't know why there was(and still is) a "war"
    There isn't. People are simply dumb.

Yes, there were lame jokes thrown in, but that was because of Fox or else there would have no Digimon to show at all.
    That's not strictly accurate. Fox as the network would have had final word on content edits. Added dialogue doesn't fall under that umbrella.

the dub is actually very accurate(it did have a few inconsistencies in the early episodes, but they phased out) and one of the few TV dubs back then that wasn't a butchered mess.
    Parts of the dubs of certain seasons were very accurate. Parts of others absolutely were not. Content edits. Dialogue removal / addition. Characters even combined with one another, on one occasion. Don't get me wrong, the show was still perfectly enjoyable, if you could overlook all that - which some could not, bless their foamy-mouthed, teeth-gnashing little souls. But let's not whitewash history and pretend it was a perfect translation or even a great one, at times.

I can't even sit through Xros Wars; it represents every negative thing I despise in shounen combined in a attempt at being a "series". If it were a satire/parody, I'd probably love it. Even the crossover was a terrible attempt at fanservice; it was like watching a bad fanfiction that was full of continuity errors and off characterization(just like most actual fanfiction. How sad). I'm glad they weren't in a rush to dub it; even Japan hated it.
    Putting aside the fact that your last statement simply isn't true, I guess you won't be watching it, then, will you?

Problem solved! Who wants Chinese?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Xros Wars just won't feel the same without dat OST.

But everything else should be just dandy.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

...it was unlikely in the first place, simply for monetary and licensing reasons. It's easier both legally and financially just to have the musical staff (ha ha) on your payroll whip up new music than it is to have to reach across the pond and make contact and license the original BGM.
    Yeah, I figured as much. Some animes manage to do it, so there might have been a sliver of hope, but Digimon typically does their own music, it seems. Not entirely a bad thing, but it's just too bad there's no English music Digimon OSTs.
    Chapter 17 is up.

I am pretty optimistic about the soundtrack. I been it can't be that bad can it?

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I am pretty optimistic about the soundtrack. I been it can't be that bad can it?
    Watch JesuOtaku's reviews...wait...I'm sure she covered the dub music but I forgot which videos they were mentioned in...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

It's not horrible. It's just that after you watch the Japanese version and hear its music, the dub soundtrack feels like a step backward.

I've got nothing against it personally. It just doesn't appeal to me like it used to.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I used to watch Digimon all the time, but stopped after Season 4. I don't know why, but I just can't get into these new ones.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Watch JesuOtaku's reviews...wait...I'm sure she covered the dub music but I forgot which videos they were mentioned in...
    I think it's the last video of each of the retrospects since that's when she analyzes the show itself and how it holds up at the end.

For the most part, the music was pretty decent in the first three season and wasn't that bad. It's just that they had a bad knack for placing it in the wrong moments at times.

I think it's the last video of each of the retrospects since that's when she analyzes the show itself and how it holds up at the end.

For the most part, the music was pretty decent in the first three season and wasn't that bad. It's just that they had a bad knack for placing it in the wrong moments at times.
    The Japanese version wasn't devoid of this either. I particularly remember one scene where Brave heart (the epic, triumphant digivolving music) was playing when the hero digimon were getting their butts kicked.
    Chapter 17 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackterminator3 View Post
    I used to watch Digimon all the time, but stopped after Season 4. I don't know why, but I just can't get into these new ones.
    At or after? All and all, this point is arguable. Season 4 making the children the Digimon themselves did feel fresh but wasn't a new concept in general. Nonetheless, this bold move provided better character development in my opinion. As for season 5, it went back to its original format of humans teaming up with partners, put a fresh spin on it with older more realistic looking Digi-Destined, and gave us long time fans a hint of nostalgia bringing back Agumon. As for the latest season, it went for a similar twist as season 4, but as opposed to the okusatsu style (shows similar to the Power Rangers and Ultraman), it went with a super mecha style. It was a terrible idea for me; diving into it right after I had finished watching Gurren Lagann...

Want to watch the Digimon movie and play music band bingo?

^Watch the movies in Japanese and you will not have a bad time. Though I am a bit partial to the dub movie out of nostalgia.

Don't watch JesuOtaku's "reviews" since she has no idea what the hell she is talking about.
    Fixed it for you.

Now please don't mention that silly woman ever again she isn't a "reviewer".

Watch the movies in Japanese and you will not have a bad time.
    Personally my favourite is Our War game.

Though I am a bit partial to the dub movie out of nostalgia.
    I don't since the story didn't make any sense and it was clear to me that there was no connective flow with the plot.

The only one that was any decent was Our War Game.

^ Best post ever.

Fixed it for you.

I'll respect your opinion if you respect mine.

I don't since the story didn't make any sense and it was clear to me that there was no connective flow with the plot.

The only one that was any decent was Our War Game.
    That said, go watch Summer Wars.

Well, anyone can be a reviewer honestly and her reviews are quite informative considering and sometimes entertaining.

Personally my favourite is Our War game.
    The best part of the dub movie in my opinion.

True but they tried and failed anyway. I try not too look to deep into it.

That said, go watch Summer Wars.

Summer Wars in a great movie and in some ways better than Our War Game even though I love them both. I even own the former on Blu-Ray. Mamoru Hosoda is such a great director.

The Japanese version wasn't devoid of this either. I particularly remember one scene where Brave heart (the epic, triumphant digivolving music) was playing when the hero digimon were getting their butts kicked.
    Yeah, that's true. I guess that's a fault that Digimon just has in general.

Want to watch the Digimon movie and play music band bingo?
    Why yes I would!

Fixed it for you.

Just because you don't like her doesn't make her not a reviewer. She critiques the shows she watches just like her fellow reviewers over at the site, tries to judge accordingly and as Izanagi said, she's pretty informative and entertaining in her reviews. So please respect our choice to watch her just as we respect your choice to not do so.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 6th September 2012 at 4:32 AM.

Hey! Don't make me catch you talking smack about her again, you understand?!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Hey! Don't make me catch you talking smack about her again, you understand?!
    You intimidate no one. You didn't even word the threat properly.

The point is a valid one, even if the means of expressing it are flawed. These myriad Internet reviewers who populate the video airwaves are considerably more noise than they are anything worth hearing. If you've found one who speaks to your inner self, wonderful, enjoy that. It doesn't make their "reviews" the end-all be-all of any matter, it doesn't automatically make their reviews worth searching for unequiovcally and it certainly doesn't mean they need to be brought up every five posts or so, often by the same people.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The point is a valid one, even if the means of expressing it are flawed. These myriad Internet reviewers who populate the video airwaves are considerably more noise than they are anything worth hearing. If you've found one who speaks to your inner self, wonderful, enjoy that. It doesn't make their "reviews" the end-all be-all of any matter, it doesn't automatically make their reviews worth searching for unequiovcally and it certainly doesn't mean they need to be brought up every five posts or so, often by the same people.
    I'm not going to lie, there are plenty of internet reviewers like that who technically review but don't handle themselves professionally, but I don't think any of us were saying that their (or rather for this situation, Jesuotaku's) reviews were the "end-all be-all" (nor should any review be since at their core a review is still the opinion of the reviewer conveyed as thoroughly as possible). Jesuotaku was given as a suggestion since she gives a different and more indepth perspective for someone to listen to and for the most part does give some decent points that we agree with. Sure, she's not the gospel nor is her word law, but we aren't treating it as such, it's just a review that we think does do a good job of explaining itself.

I'm not going to lie, there are plenty of internet reviewers like that who technically review but don't handle themselves professionally, but I don't think any of us were saying that their (or rather for this situation, Jesuotaku's) reviews were the "end-all be-all" (nor should any review be since at their core a review is still the opinion of the reviewer conveyed as thoroughly as possible). Jesuotaku was given as a suggestion since she gives a different and more indepth perspective for someone to listen to and for the most part does give some decent points that we agree with. Sure, she's not the gospel nor is her word law, but we aren't treating it as such, it's just a review that we think does do a good job of explaining itself.
    Over and over again, and often simply out of nowhere, where a reply sans "JesuOtaku" would have done just fine.

Yeah, JesuOtaku's retrospective is certainly worth a look and I liked the review it and how it pointed out the many flaws with the dub movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    You guys might be interested to know that anime reviewer JesuOtaku plans to do a retrospect of Adventure through Savers this month. And for those who follow the DesuDes Brigade streams, she'll also be streaming them (as I was surprised to find out the other day).
    JesuOtaku's review of season 3 was posted a month ago...WHY WASN'T I TOLD OF THIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I love you JesuOtaku. <3 Her Digimon retrospectives are excellent by the way, I definitely recommend them to anyone who hasn't seen them. Which I'm sure most of you probably have by now.
    At the very least, certainly you can see why some might feel the constant directing of people to this reviewer is getting a touch old.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 128 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast