Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4132

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Yes, hope someone buys the broadcasting rights to Tamers.

So I just finished Young hunters and thought it was ok. Went online and heard the news about Xros wars being dubbed. I'll definitely re-watch in English. Does anyone know if we know any of the character's localized names yet?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

We know nothing but who's responsible (Saban), who's producing (Studiopolis) and the show title they'll be using.

Everything else is just rumors and hearsay for now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Trailer's out, and with it we got some more information on the upcoming dub:

-Digixros is being kept
    -You can hear a bit of the new theme song towards the end, and from the sound of it it's not the original Digimon theme
    -Taiki's name is now Mikey (thanks Toei)
    -Shoutmon is keeping his name, though instead of wanting to become Digimon King, he wants to become "King of the monsters" (A nod to Godzilla perhaps?). I've also heard the same's happening with Dorulumon, with the L intact no less, but that's not been confirmed yet.
    -From the sound of the trailer, Ben Disken (Number 1, 2 and Stitch from the anime) has gotten the role for Shoutmon, similarly someone over at WtW also suggested that Jason Spisak (Bartz, Geo and Tai from the Diaboromon movie) is playing Taik- Mikey. You can also hear Akari, Omnimon and a little bit of Zenjirou, but their actors haven't been placed yet.
    -In the trailer, they have clips of Hunters so they have the rights to that season. However, it's not voiced so nothing on character names or changes to it yet.
    -And... I'm sorry to say, the jokes are back to some extent. Hopefully it's more tame then the other Saban seasons, but we'll see.
    -One of Shoutmon's attacks is changing to "Rock n' Roller." Provided the audio hasn't been changed, it's probably Rowdy Rocker.

Edit: It's been confirmed to be marketing trailer, so more then likely some/most of the audio was changed around according to the scenes they best fit. So for instance Mikey's "Stomach problems" joke may not be placed at that particular moment in the episode/season.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 3rd October 2012 at 3:20 AM.

They kept "Xros". Color me amazed.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post

-Digixros is being kept
    -You can hear a bit of the new theme song towards the end, and from the sound of it it's not the original Digimon theme
    -Shoutmon is keeping his name, though instead of wanting to become Digimon King, he wants to become "King of the monsters" (A nod to Godzilla perhaps?). I've also heard the same's happening with Dorulumon, with the L intact no less, but that's not been confirmed yet.
    -From the sound of the trailer, Ben Disken (Number 1, 2 and Stitch from the anime) has gotten the role for Shoutmon, similarly someone over at WtW also suggested that Jason Spisak (Bartz, Geo and Tai from the Diaboromon movie) is playing Taik- Mikey. You can also hear Akari, Omnimon and a little bit of Zenjirou, but their actors haven't been placed yet.
    -In the trailer, they have clips of Hunters so they have the rights to that season. However, it's not voiced so nothing on character names or changes to it yet.
    -And... I'm sorry to say, the jokes are back to some extent. Hopefully it's more tame then the other Saban seasons, but we'll see.
    Awesome. I couldn't ask for any more. Hope this really does air on Vortexx...

Credits to PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome banner.
    I adopted Rufflet.

Name: Washibon
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    A proud member of the Digimon Club.
    Come join NOW!

Okay that just feels as awkward as the rest of them. Kinda laughed at the "humor", guess only episode(s) worth to watch would be the love love dance and the bakery one.

-Digixros is being kept

I loved the jokes tbh
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Mikey?

Oh no. Now I share my name with a Digimon character...again. This is gonna be weird....

Huh. Digi Xros remains. Shocking.

Hmmm...Mikey. I could live with that name. The voices aren't bad at all.
    But that possible theme song heard at the end sounds terrible.
    Last edited by Taichi; 3rd October 2012 at 3:24 AM.

Hmm...Mikey's voice is a little squeaky, but it's alright.

As for Shoutmon...perfect. He's supposed to be kind of a bad singer, so this voice fits.

Omnimon sounds nice, but since he rarely appears, I shouldn't expect too much...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Hmm...Mikey's voice is a little squeaky, but it's alright.

As for Shoutmon...perfect. He's supposed to be kind of a bad singer, so this voice fits.

Omnimon sounds nice, but since he rarely appears, I shouldn't expect too much...
    Isn't he 13? Most boys from 12 till 17 (or 22 in my case) have squeaky awkward voices)

I swear I heard Sora's voice coming out of red haired girl with pig tails. Shoutmon sounds like a fusion of season 1 Agumon and Derek's Veemon. Should be interesting.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

I still want to see the Xrosing scene, I want to know if they keep the big "X" along with the combined form's names.

Also, I find it funny they mixed Young Hunters scenes in it, despite that viewers won't see that for a LONG time.
    Even more hilarious when one of the first scenes shown in the trailer is Arresterdramon Superior Mode. Which won't appear until the few final episodes of Young Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    red haired girl with pig tails.
    Akari.
    That's her Japanese name, anyway.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Really, really, really like Shoutmon's voice. Mikey/Taiki's voice is a bit... off, but not so much that I wouldn't be able to get used to it. His voice kind of reminds me of Tai, so I'm going to also put my guess as Jason Spisak. Akari and Jijimon's voices are okay.

DigiXros being kept, so that means that they might keep Shoutmon X2/4/5/7.

I also love how they're heavily featuring Hunters (even more-so than Death Generals). It's nice to see that they have all of Xros in the package.

Anybody know what channel the dub will be on? Or will it be straight to DVD or something?

Incidentally, the phrase "Mikey and his silly digital creatures" makes me crack up each time I hear it.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 19 is up.

This kinda looks like hot garbage. Xros Wars in and of itself was pretty dismal and harrowingly disappointing. Combine it with the excess of butt jokes and bad humor the dubs are known for (as well as excessive editing/cutting things out), and this will likely NOT make it on my watch-list.

Which is sad. Because I loved Digimon in the past.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Anybody know what channel the dub will be on? Or will it be straight to DVD or something?
    Anything is possible. My GUESS would be Vortexx, which is Saban's Saturday morning block. I would love to see it there, and along with Power Rangers would bring back my nostalgia of the old "Fox Kids" blocks. (I bet I'm the only one in this thread old enough to be in the "Fox Kids Club" during its day).

This kinda looks like hot garbage. Xros Wars in and of itself was pretty dismal and harrowingly disappointing.
    Oh, but have you seen Hunters? It really does a wonderful job of tying the series together.

(Nope, couldn't type that with a straight face )

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Anybody know what channel the dub will be on?
    We don't know yet. When there is an answer, it will not be difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Combine it with the excess of butt jokes and bad humor the dubs are known for (as well as excessive editing/cutting things out), and this will likely NOT make it on my watch-list.

Which is sad. Because I loved Digimon in the past.
    Is there any irony to having "loved Digimon in the past" but rejecting this one outright - on the basis of a quick-and-dirty marketing trailer, no less - on the basis of the dub humor and accusing them of excessive editing based on literally nothing yet?

-----
    Words to|live by

I've watched the Japanese version. Hot Garbage combined with what has been disappointing dubbing in the past has made me increasingly skeptical of anything Digimon. Especially considering the inconsistencies with which series are produced, going years at a time without continuing or building the fan-base (especially outside Japan).

Yes. I Loved Digimon. Past tense. As in, "when I was 11 years old, I loved Digimon Adventure. When I was 12 years old I liked Adventure 02. When I was 13 years old I thought Tamers was okay."

None of the past series live up to my current scrutiny. I can still watch the first two seasons, however, because of the nostalgia factor. I was young, the series was new and not just continued retreads of what's come in the past. Watching the early series brings me back to the good 'ol days when my friends and I watched Digimon together, played the PS game, had those funny Digivice toys, and played the card game.

I related to those characters because I was young. My thoughts were rather simple. My jokes WERE butt jokes. I felt for each of the characters from Adventure/02, I enjoyed watching their stories.

I really enjoyed X-Evolution, and tried getting into Savers (eventually just reading summaries and coming back for the Royal Knights arc).

I did not enjoy watching Taiki's story, I did not feel for him or relate to him. Not just on a personal level, on an objective "trying to get into this show and enjoy it" level. I REALLY wanted to like Xros Wars specifically because of how they were playing for the nostalgia factor. But you know who I ended up rooting for every time? Whoever was trying to kill Taiki. Not because I related or sympathized with them, but because the show was infuriating and terrible. Midway through the first series it became a chore, so I ended up NOT watching some of the filler episodes, tuning in only when some big stuff happened and then catching up after that if I felt the urge. By "Death Generals" it was a chore. "Young Hunters" made it torture. The one episode of the entire series I enjoyed was when the old characters made a cameo. Because, again, that's what I'd been hoping for the entire time.

So yes, I will probably not be watching this. Because I loved Digimon, and this makes me regret it.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I did not enjoy watching Taiki's story, I did not feel for him or relate to him. Not just on a personal level, on an objective "trying to get into this show and enjoy it" level.
    That's one of the problems with Xros Wars. Taiki never had much of a "story" in terms of character development. Taiki had the same "I can't turn my back on them!" from the start of Xros Wars to the end of Hunters. They made Taiki too "perfect" and could have enriched the story by giving him a few flaws to discover and learn from.

Despite being "keet", Tagiru was a step in the right direction. There were plenty of opportunities for development that was shoved aside for the overabundance of filler episodes. The infamous (fake) "You're not human, Tagiru" creepypasta would have been a PERFECT idea to explore Tagiru's behavior, attitudes, and flaws. Instead, what we got, I agree, was "torturous hot garbage".

Adventure wasn't that bad ("butt jokes" and all). Even if you take off your nostalgia goggles it's still a solid childrens' television series. It has an excellent plot and an impressive cast of characters (there's 16 main characters and each of them has defined personalities). And, most importantly, every episode serves a purpose. Even my least favorite episode, the one where T.K. befriends DemiDevimon, is important because it gives you an idea of what happened after Tai left the Digital World and foreshadows what will happen in the next few episodes (Matt and Sora).

In comparison, you can pretty much skip all of Pokemon Season 1 and still understand the plot.

Speaking of Adventure, the DVD set should be arriving now for whoever preordered it and according to WtW, the masters are of pretty good quality as there are no post 9/11 cuts present, no ratings bugs and so on.

Also, provided Ben Disken is Shoutmon, here's the new updated list from earlier:

Kyle Hebert as Dorulumon/Ballistamon
    Steve Blum as Ballistamon/Starmon
    Kirk Thornton as Ballistamon/Starmon
    Jeff as Dorulumon.

Note that only one combination of these will be picked for the dub, so if Kyle Hebert's playing Dorulumon, Blum/Kirk aren't playing Starmon/Ballistamon and so on.

I figure Blum's got this. He could simply use his Guilmon tone of voice and just have it a bit 'robo'd out' and then boomed. Nailed it.

I like how when they talk about digixrosing they show gumdramon, shoutmon, and damemon digivolving.

Anyways, I think it looks pretty good. I don't feel like they should be showing hunters. That won't be in english for quite a while. But any chance I get to hear the old main characters with their old english voices (hopefully) is good.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I don't feel like they should be showing hunters.
    It's a marketing trailer, put together by the distributor to sell the series to prospective networks. The animation they use is immaterial. The networks don't care in the slightest if a piece of footage is from Xros Wars proper or Hunters - they care that the show looks worth the money and airtime for their channel. The trailer was never meant to show the series to ground-level fans like us. That comes much later, once a network buys the series and starts cutting its own promos.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast