Page 135 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 4134

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

The show is subtitled "The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms" for episodes 31-54 and "The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time" for episodes 51-79. The former is an immediate continuation of the first 30-episode arc with the subtitle being more of a cosmetic change to signal the new arc than anything else, while the latter is a 02-style time jump, starting off a year after the previous arc concluded.

Despite these distinctions, official listings essentially treat Xros Wars as one giant 79-episode series, simply divided into three distinct arcs.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Despite these distinctions, official listings essentially treat Xros Wars as one giant 79-episode series, simply divided into three distinct arcs.
    And despite this, Hunters was announced as a new series in the preview for episode 55, which makes me think the whole "this is a giant series" was a last minute retcon when they got "cancelled" (I assume it was a cancellation) afte 25 episodes of the third arc.

Also, Hunters has it's own official website separate from XW's website, which makes this even more suspicious.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

The show is subtitled "The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms" for episodes 31-54 and "The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time" for episodes 51-79. The former is an immediate continuation of the first 30-episode arc with the subtitle being more of a cosmetic change to signal the new arc than anything else, while the latter is a 02-style time jump, starting off a year after the previous arc concluded.

Oh alright, I guess its just gonna be the longest Digimon series I ever watch then. And this thing about them building an army, does that mean that they wont have partners but have multiple Digimon to use? And why does the third arc sound so familiar?
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    And this thing about them building an army, does that mean that they wont have partners but have multiple Digimon to use?
    That's correct, though the generals each have one or two Digimon that generally serve the same purpose as a traditional "partner Digimon".

And why does the third arc sound so familiar?
    As I said, the initial premise isn't terribly dissimilar from Adventure 02.

-----
    Words to|live by

Oh alright, I guess its just gonna be the longest Digimon series I ever watch then. And this thing about them building an army, does that mean that they wont have partners but have multiple Digimon to use? And why does the third arc sound so familiar?
    They still have Partners.
    Shoutmon is Taiki's Partner, Greymon is Kiriha's Partner, and Sparrowmon and Mervamon are Nene's Partners. DarkKnightmon was also initially "Partnered" to Nene and later to Yū. Akari is listed as Cutemon's Partner in the Digimon Xros Archive card game despite not being a General.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Though none of those are actual partner Digimon in the traditional sense of the first five series. In the context of Xros Wars, they're more like seconds-in-command of the various armies.

-----
    Words to|live by

That's correct, though the generals each have one or two Digimon that generally serve the same purpose as a traditional "partner Digimon".

As I said, the initial premise isn't terribly dissimilar from Adventure 02.
    I meant that the title sounded like the "Girl Who Traveled Through Time" lol I havent even looked up what it was about yet. And this army stuff is starting to sound a bit odd, but who knows it could be the best concept Digimon has ever had.

Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

I meant that the title sounded like the "Girl Who Traveled Through Time" lol I havent even looked up what it was about yet. And this army stuff is starting to sound a bit odd, but who knows it could be the best concept Digimon has ever had.
    Yeah, the title is suppose to be a reference to "Girl Who Traveled Through Time" as the third arc of Digimon Fusion. (Which I label as Season 6.5 because I refuse to put it in the same season/series as Taiki's saga.) But the last four or so episodes of Season 6.5 will have you on a nostalgia rainbow. We know it sounds odd that there are no levels or anything like that, but it's possibly one of the good things that's done in the season. Evolution is introduced later, but not exactly how you think either. The army thing is pretty cool actually. The music is pretty cool too. (which most likely won't show up in the dub)

Though none of those are actual partner Digimon in the traditional sense of the first five series. In the context of Xros Wars, they're more like seconds-in-command of the various armies.
    False. The XW-related media say they are Partners in the traditional way. You may need to ask KrytenKoro from Digimon Wiki for the specific way it's said, but from what I recall, the leading Digimon from the army is the General's Partner. Plus, Sparrowmon and Mervamon are both stated to be Nene's Partners in official profiles, and Cutemon is also stated to be Akari's Partner in the card game. I don't think they would use the word "Partner" if they didn't mean in the traditional way.

I meant that the title sounded like the "Girl Who Traveled Through Time"
    That movie was directed by Digimon Adventure's director, thus the reason for the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Evolution is introduced later, but not exactly how you think either.
    Before Evolution was announced for XW, I originally theorized that Shoutmon would evolve but wouldn't know what was happening because he never heard of Evolution, as, according to my theory, Evolution didn't exist naturally in XW's universe (it wasn't mentioned until episode 30, so I assumed it didn't exist naturally). I also thought the X Loader would be replaced by another Digivice because the X Loader isn't able to handle Evolution.

The music is pretty cool too. (which most likely won't show up in the dub)
    Which I think it's stupid. Why can't they just try to license it at least once? Here in Brazil we always got the original music (dubbed in Portuguese for the OP's and ED's, except for Tamers that used the Japanese version on Fox Kids and the Brazilian for Rede Globo, and Savers/"Data Squad" is the only one with dubbed Evolution songs) with Butter-Fly being the only opening song to not make it here. The Spanish-speaking Latin America also got the original songs, but I don't know if Butter-Fly is also absent there.
    If USA is, theoretically, richer than Brazil or any other South American country, then why can't the English dubbers spend money licensing the original songs?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

(Which I label as Season 6.5 because I refuse to put it in the same season/series as Taiki's saga.)
    Come on now. That's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    False. The XW-related media say they are Partners in the traditional way. You may need to ask KrytenKoro from Digimon Wiki for the specific way it's said, but from what I recall, the leading Digimon from the army is the General's Partner. Plus, Sparrowmon and Mervamon are both stated to be Nene's Partners in official profiles, and Cutemon is also stated to be Akari's Partner in the card game. I don't think they would use the word "Partner" if they didn't mean in the traditional way.
    I'm sure they do use the term, because it's a term with meaning in this franchise. It doesn't change the fact that Sparrowmon and Mervamon didn't end up with Nene the same way the partners from Adventure did with their humans. Nene could theoretically discard the two and find new partners. Taichi can't really dump Agumon. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    If USA is, theoretically, richer than Brazil or any other South American country, then why can't the English dubbers spend money licensing the original songs?
    Putting aside the fact that it simply doesn't work that way as far as which country is "richer", it's a simple matter of fact that licensing the original music, especially the vocal themes, costs a lot of money, and as much as we don't like to hear it, the production is on a budget. Just because they could theoretically spend that money doesn't mean doing so is the smartest decision.

Furthermore, the reality is that a significant portion, perhaps the majority of people who will be watching the English dub have no interest in the Japanese version and don't care, maybe even don't know, that they're missing the original music and find their watching experience no poorer for it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Come on now. That's silly.
    It is silly, but I have no problem admitting that. lol

Putting aside the fact that it simply doesn't work that way as far as which country is "richer", it's a simple matter of fact that licensing the original music, especially the vocal themes, costs a lot of money, and as much as we don't like to hear it, the production is on a budget. Just because they could theoretically spend that money doesn't mean doing so is the smartest decision.

Furthermore, the reality is that a significant portion, perhaps the majority of people who will be watching the English dub have no interest in the Japanese version and don't care, maybe even don't know, that they're missing the original music and find their watching experience no poorer for it.
    Or they can go the route that Funimation went with YuYu Hakusho. If I remember right, for things like the OP and ED songs they emulated the song as close as they possibly could and then gave it english lyrics. They can possibly do that for the entire score and it'd be cheaper than getting the actually rights, right? Then again, the dubbed digimon music wasn't so bad. The japanese music is better, but the english music was pretty solid.

If I remember right, for things like the OP and ED songs they emulated the song as close as they possibly could and then gave it english lyrics. They can possibly do that for the entire score and it'd be cheaper than getting the actually rights, right?
    You're still covering someone else's work. Pretty sure there would still be some money and exchanging of rights involved. But FUNimation's releases usually include both their English-language covers (where applicable) and the original Japanese songs, don't they?

-----
    Words to|live by

May be , Next time we will see a series about Digimon Card Game .
    I combine War Graymon and Metal Garurumon to Summon Omnimon!!!
    Ha ha ha !

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    May be , Next time we will see a series about Digimon Card Game .
    I combine War Graymon and Metal Garurumon to Summon Omnimon!!!
    Ha ha ha !
    Digimon Tamers says hi.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Tamers doesn't really focus on the card game, though. It focus more on using Digimon cards to support an actual Digimon.

I think what vodor meant is a Digimon anime that actually focus on playing the card game.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

The thing I regret in Digimon Tamer
    -Rukato didn't become a cannon .

The thing I regret in Digimon Tamer
    -Rukato didn't become a cannon .
    I think that probably would've tainted Tamers a bit, personally.

Koji, why do you have to be so unbelievably emo? Its like Digimon has to have at least one emo character a season and sadly Koji had to play the part

Also, wasnt the whole point of Tamers to highlight the card game? I mean they used the card method every episode and it was more original than just digivolving their Digimon the normal way. Speaking of that, why did Data Squad get such a basic form of evolution after Tamers and Frontier introduced such awesome new ways to digivolve?

Koji, why do you have to be so unbelievably emo? Its like Digimon has to have at least one emo character a season and sadly Koji had to play the part

Also, wasnt the whole point of Tamers to highlight the card game? I mean they used the card method every episode and it was more original than just digivolving their Digimon the normal way. Speaking of that, why did Data Squad get such a basic form of evolution after Tamers and Frontier introduced such awesome new ways to digivolve?
    I think because it's been a few years since a digimon series and they wanted old fans to feel somewhat comfortable? (An Agumon being the main digimon, evolution lines being basic, Leomon tradition, etc.) But I honestly do love that Digi-Soul Charge! Daimon Masaru is awesome. Was he the best leader? Probably not, but did anyone else start punching mega digimon in the face? No. lol

I think because it's been a few years since a digimon series and they wanted old fans to feel somewhat comfortable? (An Agumon being the main digimon, evolution lines being basic, Leomon tradition, etc.) But I honestly do love that Digi-Soul Charge! Daimon Masaru is awesome. Was he the best leader? Probably not, but did anyone else start punching mega digimon in the face? No. lol
    Marcus was a really cool character I have to admit lol But I wish that they would have been more original in that series instead of recycling things from past seasons to appeal to fans :/ Tamaki was a good character and his partner was my 3rd favorite Digimon after I watched that season I'm also now on the Grumblemon arc and its sucking really bad.

Marcus was a really cool character I have to admit lol But I wish that they would have been more original in that series instead of recycling things from past seasons to appeal to fans :/ Tamaki was a good character and his partner was my 3rd favorite Digimon after I watched that season I'm also now on the Grumblemon arc and its sucking really bad.
    Well in my personal opinion, the Kurata arc was pretty solid.

Tamaki?

Also, wasnt the whole point of Tamers to highlight the card game? I mean they used the card method every episode and it was more original than just digivolving their Digimon the normal way.
    Exactly. It highlights the use of cards to support their Digimon. It does NOT, in any way, highlight the actual card game. There are a few scenes where the kids are playing the card game, but it is never elaborated into a single episode, the card game itself appears just as some sort of a "cameo", no actual focus on it.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Exactly. It highlights the use of cards to support their Digimon. It does NOT, in any way, highlight the actual card game. There are a few scenes where the kids are playing the card game, but it is never elaborated into a single episode, the card game itself appears just as some sort of a "cameo", no actual focus on it.
    Well if it did have too much focus on the card game then it would be a bit too much like Yu-Gi-Oh... So I liked how the cards werent the main focus but they were highlighted because it was a unique concept that no series before or afterward has pursued yet.

Well if it did have too much focus on the card game then it would be a bit too much like Yu-Gi-Oh... So I liked how the cards werent the main focus but they were highlighted because it was a unique concept that no series before or afterward has pursued yet.
    But I like that !
    The first time I saw Digidestine doing something rather then just Digivolving their Digimon.

But I like that !
    The first time I saw Digidestine doing something rather then just Digivolving their Digimon.
    The Tamers kids aren't Digidestined.

Page 135 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast