Page 137 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4196

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Wow that sounds like the most terrible Digimon fanfiction ever conceived.

No, Young Parents is the worse story ever conceived. Kari would never do THAT and THINK that way to TK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    No, Young Parents is the worse story ever conceived. Kari would never do THAT and THINK that way to TK.
    What is "Young Parents'' anyway ???

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    What is "Young Parents'' anyway ???
    I'm guessing its a nasty comic made by fans or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I'm guessing its a nasty comic made by fans or something.

It's a Kari/TK fic where our favorite chests holders of hope and light do the vertical worm and Kari gets pregnant. That cliche of teen parents

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's a Kari/TK fic where our favorite chests holders of hope and light do the vertical worm and Kari gets pregnant. That cliche of teen parents
    Really !
    There are people like that around .
    For Me , Kari is someone I can't think impure thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Doesn't this prove my point to a certain degree? That even as a term with meaning, the meaning of "partner" differs somewhat between iterations?
    Well, the way you're saying it, "traditional Partners", seems like saying the definition of the first five series is the "correct" definition. But, if I'm not mistaken (and I could be considering it has been a long time since I've read that), the word "Partner" was first used in the manga, so the meaning used there would be the "trad

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because budgets are finite. You could spend the money necessary to license the music, but if that nearly exhausts the entire budget on its own, is that really worth it?
    You obviously didn't understand my question. I should have formulated it differently. What if they have enough budget to license all these musics without suffering? How it would be an un-smart move in that scenario?
    I know that Brazilian dubs, and probably any dub in Latin America, use the music from the version of the series they are dubbing. Actually, I think America, Canada, and maybe England, are the only Western countries to replace music in dubbing. If we can do it, then how come the richer countries don't have enough budget to license the original soundtrack without almost exhausting the budget!? I think the English licensors have enough budget for this, but for some reason they don't do it. That's what I mean, how come it would be an un-smart decision to license the music in that scenario?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Well, the way you're saying it, "traditional Partners", seems like saying the definition of the first five series is the "correct" definition.
    No, that's not the way I'm saying it at all.

My point was simply that saying "partner" in official materials is a lot faster than saying "one specific Digimon that a select protagonist mostly hangs out with", even if the exact meaning of "partner" changes from iteration to iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    That's what I mean, how come it would be an un-smart decision to license the music in that scenario?
    Because then you've spent a significant portion of your budget on the licensing of music that the majority of your eventual viewing audience doesn't give two shats about, money that could have gone towards things like other voice actors, digital work, production, promotion and otherwise.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Special thanks to WtW:

According to Amazon sales chart, The Digimon season one box set has been in the top ten selling anime, taking the 5th position just after the Miyazaki movies: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...thefanrev07-20

More then likely because of this, New Video is planning on releasing season 2 as a box set, which will come out in March.

http://images.withthewill.net/Digimon02DVD.jpg (Sorry for not embedding this but it's too large)

That's cool. I bought it. If it's cheapish, I'll probably get Adventure 02 as well.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Planning to get both once I get a new debit card since I lost mine at the mall.

Special thanks to Krytenkoro.

Well guys, it looks like we got our new Royal Knight, not too much on him just yet but here's Gankuumon:

The information is a bit fuzzy right now (and I'll be sure to update once it clears up) but here's what I'm getting:
    -The new Digimon in the corner is Hackmon and is related to him (maybe a preevolution), the aura in the back also resembles him.
    -He's probably related to the 15th anniversary and may appear in Digimon Collectors.
    -He has something to do with the "Dragon-Species World."

Edit: Image isn't showing up, here's the direct link for now: http://imepic.jp/20121119/807200

Update: The summaries have been translated for the two new Digimon courtesy of sirtao:

Gankuumon: "The new Holy Knight appears between the dimensions! An iron fist shaking the Digital World!"

Hackmon: Heir to the Gankumon lineage, a Beast-type Digimon hiding an outstanding sense of combat.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 20th November 2012 at 4:30 AM.

This is Awesome!!! Now we only need one more Royal Knight to have all 13 of them.
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Glad to see a new Royal Knight. Gankuumon looks interesting, but really want to see what's up with that aura/evolution behind him.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Awesome! I love the Royal Knights! Can't wait for the last one. I'm excited to find out more about him and all this.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Wow, he looks stupid.

Hackmon looks nice, though.

Also, better shots.

So that aura's coming out of his cape, wonder how that works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8e5n...layer_embedded

Extended trailer for the Digimon Adventure game, not too much new but it includes the crossover and Hackmon/Gankuumon.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 20th November 2012 at 6:46 AM.

Hackmon's stance in the artwork looks familiar.....

Also, Gankuumon reminds me to Marsmon, mainly because both are muscular caped guy with flaming arms.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Also, Gankuumon reminds me to Marsmon, mainly because both are muscular caped guy with flaming arms.
    Yeah, that's what my first thoughts were too.

My only problem is that Gankuumon doesn't look very knight like. He kind of sticks out even more than Examon and Sleipmon. That said, I'm going to keep an open mind.

Also, Hackmon is pretty cool.
    Chapter 21 is up.

I just realized. Digimon's been around this long and we finally get something called "Hackmon?"

You'd think this would show up in a series about data programs that constantly make computer references.

Appears between dimensions, eh? Shame they couldn't use this new Digimon, Gankuumon, as the reason the 5 previous protagonists arrived in Digimon Xros Wars: Hunters saga. Man, them and their silly limitations.

Hackmon. All right. Much later than we wished for, but oh well.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

@Griff He also kind of reminds me of bancholeomon due to that cape. Makes for a kind of interesting parallel really considering that all three evolve from beast type digimon and are a part of three different major groups.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 20th November 2012 at 7:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mew151 View Post
    Shame they couldn't use this new Digimon, Gankuumon, as the reason the 5 previous protagonists arrived in Digimon Xros Wars: Hunters saga. Man, them and their silly limitations.
    That would have made very little sense, at best. No idea what "silly limitations" you're blaming.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 20th November 2012 at 9:16 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Hackmon looks great, but that new Royal Knight doesn't really. I don't know why, but he just seems kinda in-between for now.

How about Digimon matching in Digimon World DS? I need all the eggs I can get and I'm even willing to trade FCs!
    I ate my way to the bottom of a bag of Cheetos only to find that it was FULL AGAIN!

Probably not, but if Hackmon isn't the rookie form of the New Royal Knight, then perhaps its the last Royal Knight?
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Page 137 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast