Page 140 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4196

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

My experience with Digimon has been kind of mixed for me. I personally never got invested in to the series enough to be completely sucked in to it. My 1st initial reaction as a kid was that Digimon was a Pokemon rip-off and to a certain degree it is but I do appreciate the things that do make it unique.

I love the fact that the Digimon Anime series has always introduced a new cast of characters with every new incarnation. This definitely is something I wished for the Pokemon Anime. Instead having Ash as their go-to poster boy for every season they could've easily kept it fresh by making every new region experience the life of a new protagonist. I also do like the fact that Digimon is not afraid to take bigger risks in comparison to Pokemon. Such as having your Digimon turn in to a skeleton form or having a giant world consuming virus as your main antagonist.

So why didn't I get sucked in to it? Well firstly I think it came down to the animation. What I noticed about every Digimon series that I have seen up until this point was that the art style definitely looked great from a distance but once I see a fight take place it just looks kind of half assed to me. Hell most of the time when there is a fight there is barely anything to talk about because they spent almost an entire episode just digivolving over and over. I can even easily tell that most of the budget went in to the digivolution sequences instead of the actual battles. I never had these problems whenever I watched Pokemon.

The 1 Season that caught my interest the most was actually Season 3. That series seemed to have had my favorite designs. I love Guilmon, Renamon, and Impmon and their evolved forms. Ironically though most people I talked with who are or were Digimon fans say that Season 3 was their least favorite in the series.

I also used to own a Digimon video game on the PS1 because the commercial suckered me in to buying it. I think it was Digimon World 3. Unfortunately I never had the patience to beat it. It was ultimately a poor man's Pokemon game. You went around a region to collect 4 Badges from 4 Gym Leaders and you battled Legendary Digimon such as Pharoahmon and MasterTyrannomon plus a lot of annoying backtracking...

Finally I guess ultimately it was just much easier to get in to Pokemon for me and most kids back in the 90s. I can watch the Pokemon Anime and gain knowledge that I can carry over to the games. Also in terms of design Digimon as a whole seemed to have attracted mostly boys while Pokemon attracted both genders. This became apparent because Digimon often advertised the more badass looking designs such as Greymon, WarGreymon, Birdramon, etc that obviously were equipped with arm cannons, swords and guns and whatnot. Pokemon shot for both. Yes there were cool looking Pokemon like Charizard, Scyther, Mewtwo, and Tyranitar that caught attention of guys like me. But they're also feminine designs like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Nintetails, Chansey/Blissy, Starmie, Butterfree that attracted girls. It was an overall good balance for long-term growth.

I know this post is a bit long but I just kind of wanted to get that outta my chest. I'm not trying to ruin Digimon for anybody. If you love Digimon more power to you. I wish I could've gotten in to it myself but it just never caught on with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steve View Post
    I also do like the fact that Digimon is not afraid to take bigger risks in comparison to Pokemon. Such as having your Digimon turn in to a skeleton form or having a giant world consuming virus as your main antagonist.
    ....or those Jintrix artworks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steve View Post
    I also used to own a Digimon video game on the PS1 because the commercial suckered me in to buying it. I think it was Digimon World 3. Unfortunately I never had the patience to beat it. It was ultimately a poor man's Pokemon game. You went around a region to collect 4 Badges from 4 Gym Leaders and you battled Legendary Digimon such as Pharaohmon and MasterTyrannomon plus a lot of annoying backtracking...
    yeah, Digimon 3 does looks like a Pokemon game when looking at a few factors in it.
    And it's actually 8 leaders, you fight 4 of them in Asuka Server, and 4 others in Amaterasu Server. In other words, this part is perfectly identical to Pokemon.

Regarding the backtracking.....I agree, that game has one of the most annoying backtracking ever, not to mention it involves a maze with no map.
    Though, unlike you, I actually finished the game.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I know it is just a mere coincident (or not) but has anyone noticed lately we get Digimon series the same time a new Pokemon Gen comes out? Frontier=Gen 3-2002 Data Squad=Gen 4-2006 and Fusion=2010-Gen 5.

Not saying were getting one were getting one this year but I suppose the chance is there. I would not mind something more serious as a plot. Nothing too dark. Heck a season 3 follow up would be nice. I remember the portal was open still in the final scene. Always seemed like a follow up would be the most likely of any of the other series.

On a side note the new game is out in a few hours (in Japan) planning to get it in a bit when it is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....or those Jintrix artworks
    You think those are bad? You should see the Digimon Collector cards.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    You think those are bad? You should see the Digimon Collector cards.
    I know about the Collector ones, but then again both Collector & Jintrix shares the same art style.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I know about the Collector ones, but then again both Collector & Jintrix shares the same art style.
    True. I find it funny that it's mostly the well-endowed female digimon who have two or more differents cards. I do love the artwork of all the Collectors cards though.
    Chapter 21 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    True. I find it funny that it's mostly the well-endowed female digimon who have two or more differents cards. I do love the artwork of all the Collectors cards though.
    Or even better, the non-well endowed females getting a cup size increase (like Harpymon). :P

The Adventure game is out, warp evolution animations for everyone!

Does anyone know if Re: Digitalize will be available outside of Japan soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Or even better, the non-well endowed females getting a cup size increase (like Harpymon). :P

That video was amazing! I always wondered what the animation would look like since I was a young kid this made my night so much better

yeah im a digimon fan i enjoyed the original series and i even own a digimon game called digimon dawn
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

they're being super lazy with the background lol

though they do something different for Vikemon's background, and Ophanimon has a longer animation compared to the others, minus WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

speaking about Ophanimon, lol the Warp Evolution starts from Gatomon, rather than from Salamon.

AND OH, I REALLY MISS THOSE FLOATING NAMES BEHIND THE DIGIMON

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Really? Ophanimon? Couldn't at least have used Magnadramon?

Oh well, it's nice.

I have a feeling that this one won't be available outside Japan either lol
    Bandai needs to get their s**t together if they want to make digimon the cash machine it used to be.

AND OH, I REALLY MISS THOSE FLOATING NAMES BEHIND THE DIGIMON
    I felt the appearance of the Digimon name in the "analysis" graphics overlayed on the Xros sequences were the spiritual successor to that element.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'd just import the game if I were you people. It is a pretty fun game tbh. At the Joe and Sora part. Only issue I have is the camera in the game

My heart wasn't brave enough for this. *heart attack*

Life fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I'd just import the game if I were you people. It is a pretty fun game tbh. At the Joe and Sora part. Only issue I have is the camera in the game
    I imported Reigitize and then halfway through playing it my PSP stopped reading UMD's so I had to end using iso's. How would you rate it? I've been wanting this game for a long time

wow I guess Lalamon's not the only one to evolve to Rosemon. yeah i'd play it for sure

HECK YES! I love Digimon, it's definitely one of my favorite animes.

Does anyone mind if I join in?

Go ahead. It's always nice to have a digimon fan to talk to since we're in the minority on these forums. =P
    Chapter 21 is up.

oh yes

They FINALLY released D-Arts MetalGarurumon

....now if only I have the WarGreymon one XD

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

They FINALLY released D-Arts MetalGarurumon

....now if only I have the WarGreymon one XD
    Cool he will go great with my D-Art WarGreyMon and I can finally DNA digivolve them into the awesome Omegamon....

When I get my hand on the D-Art Omegamon. ¬_¬;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

HOLIEST OF ALL HOLY ****!

I have waited 15 years to see those. Low poly and reused backgrounds aside, that's pretty epic.

(Oh, I so want them to make games out of the other seasons. Just... THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES! :O)

Really? Ophanimon? Couldn't at least have used Magnadramon?
    Silly. There wasn't a point in time where Tailmon's line ended with Magnadramon, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!

(Being serious, wasn't movie 3 considered non-canon?)

Cool he will go great with my D-Art WarGreyMon and I can finally DNA digivolve them into the awesome Omegamon....

When I get my hand on the D-Art Omegamon. ¬_¬;
    No, no. You can make a D-Art Omegamon easily. Just take the MetalGarurumon, the WarGreymon, some spare plastic, a bottle of glue, and a pair of boltcutters...

(I'm the reason why we can't have nice things.)

I find it funny that Gatoman only had to evolve once in her evolution animation and so they had to compensate by making it dragged out and longer.

Still holding out for a Digimon season 7 announcement by at least Summer!

Page 140 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast