Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4190

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    I have feeling it will with the anime now over here in the fall. I remember when we had the anime airing we got the games but once Data Squad stopped we didn't.
    That's actually a good point. Digimon had a bunch of games localized when Data Squad came out. We didn't get Lost Evolution or the Xros Wars games because Digimon Fusion wasn't here yet. So the chances of us getting Re: Digitize 3DS are a lot better now that we finally have Fusion.

I really hope hold out hope for Re: Digitize Decoded comes over to America, though I do sorta wish they ported it to the PS3 or Xbox 360, because according to a few of my friends that have played it, it plays a bit like Ni No Kuni, and while that would be fun, hopefully atleast I'll have something to play on my 3DS soon.

Even better if the Digimon Adventure game also make it into 3DS, and both gets an English version.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I've only watched the first 5 seasons >.< I hated 4 at first (like many people do) but I watched it with a friend of mine. It started as just us making fun of it a lot but then by the end we both really liked it. I didn't have any problems with 5 other than the fact that it was super depressing. I've tried watch Xros Wars but I can't get into it >.<

It's funny how everyone complains in Pokemon how they've had 3 Fire/Fighting starters, but I'm the only one who seems to be annoyed that the main hero in Digimon is always a dinosaur. I hated Agumon in the first series and seeing a new expy of him in every season makes me sad. Guilmon was super cute at least.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoAir View Post
    I've only watched the first 5 seasons >.< I hated 4 at first (like many people do) but I watched it with a friend of mine. It started as just us making fun of it a lot but then by the end we both really liked it. I didn't have any problems with 5 other than the fact that it was super depressing. I've tried watch Xros Wars but I can't get into it >.<

It's funny how everyone complains in Pokemon how they've had 3 Fire/Fighting starters, but I'm the only one who seems to be annoyed that the main hero in Digimon is always a dinosaur. I hated Agumon in the first series and seeing a new expy of him in every season makes me sad. Guilmon was super cute at least.
    Out of the the entire series The main hero digimon has only been a dinosaur 3 out of 7 times. Agumon was Season 1 and 5 and Guilmon was 3. Veemon, Agunimon, Shoutmon and Gumdramon were never dinosuars.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoAir View Post
    I'm assuming you mean reptile (or reptile-like in Shoutmon's case) since as Taichi said most of them aren't dinosaurs. Anyway it's really the same thing as having a Pikaclone or main legendary trio every generation, a canine "lancer" like Gabumon every season of Digimon, a red ranger in Power Rangers, a Blue haired main hero in Fire Emblem and so on. It's a trend that we fans identify with and thus it's a trend that the makers of the franchise appeals to and probably will continue to from now on.

So with that in mind, I think the reason why fans don't get as irritated by the trend is that outside of familiarity it can depends more on what they do with it rather then the actual trend itself. So while you can have characters like Shoutmon follow the same trend as those before them, they can still become one of the more popular characters in their respective series if done right (and considering Shoutmon's fanbase, a lot of people do seem to like him).
    Last edited by Taodragon; 16th March 2013 at 7:56 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Out of the the entire series The main hero digimon has only been a dinosaur 3 out of 7 times. Agumon was Season 1 and 5 and Guilmon was 3. Veemon, Agunimon, Shoutmon and Gumdramon were never dinosuars.
    Actually, isn't only the Data Squad Agumon the actual Dinosaur Digimon?

New Digimon Decode information: http://i.imgur.com/jeuYYsn.jpg

The new girl is named Rina, she'll be voiced by Haruka Tomatsu and owns a Veemon. She'll also have a part in the "Scheming Demon Lords" new portion of the storyline which will focus on the SGDL.

So, any bets on who Veemon will digivolve into?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    New Digimon Decode information: http://i.imgur.com/jeuYYsn.jpg

The new girl is named Rina, she'll be voiced by Haruka Tomatsu and owns a Veemon. She'll also have a part in the "Scheming Demon Lords" new portion of the storyline which will focus on the SGDL.

No clue but from that costume, I have a feeling that this has even less of a chance to get localized. Then again, some of the games were rated Teen but that was for violence.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

The character's costume has absolutely nothing to do with whether the game gets localized or not. It would be the easiest fix in the world to alter the drawn character art and her in-game model, to whatever extent the latter actually visibly appears in game.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The character's costume has absolutely nothing to do with whether the game gets localized or not. It would be the easiest fix in the world to alter the drawn character art and her in-game model, to whatever extent the latter actually visibly appears in game.
    Besides I see nothing really wrong with it. I mean you see girls show of skin that are 11 or 12 everyday. but the soccer moms will likely go PETA on it lol

Hey guys, remember how there was going to be an X-program storyline in the game? Well guess who's back to kick start that plotline:

Here's the translated article from Famitsu, courtesy of Wildermon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildermon
    Due to the artificial life form "Vitium" running wild, the Digital World becomes unstable. In order to re-stabilize it, the host computer of the Digital World "Yggdrasill" is activated, having been sealed within the emulated "Mugen Mountain". He begins to scatter the "X-Program" to force the deletion of outsiders and cleanse the Digital World. Under the influence of the "X-Program", Digimon living in the city begin collapsing one after the other. In order to know the true intentions of Yggdrasill, who has caused tragedy to appear again, Omegamon X and Dukemon X initiate an investigation into "Mugen Mountain"!

These captions appear under the pictures below the plotline:

The Ultimate-leveled Omegamon X - In battle, he possesses the ability for the ultimate force "Omega inForce", which allows him to scan the area in a moment before responding. When he draws out this ability, Omegamon's senses and combat potential are increased to their limits under all circumstances.

The Ultimate-leveled Dukemon X - Carrying out his loyalty as a knight, Dukemon threw himself into the sacred battle and was finally blessed with the supreme sacred armour, sacred spear, and sacred shield.

The Child-leveled DORUmon - A Beast Digimon that is conjectured to be the experimental "Prototype Digimon" from before Digimon were discovered because he possesses an old interface on his forehead.

DORUmon, who also has a deep connection with the X-Antibody, participates in the investigation of "Mugen Mountain".

Will you be able to greatly withstand the combined might of the strongest duo?

There are a variety of traps waiting for you inside "Mugen Mountain".

As the X-Virus within "Mugen Mountain" is pervasive, Digimon without the X-Antibody will struggle.
    Oh Yggdrasil, where did you go wrong...

Nice, can always do with more Dorumon.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    AlforceVdramon lineup or nothing

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Just started watching Tamers again from the start. I kinda stopped watching it at around episode 20 or so a few years back, and since I can't remember what the shit's happened up until that point anymore, decided I should just rewatch it all. I might give the more recent Digimon seasons a chance at some point if I get really bored too, but I'm pretty sure Tamers will be the last one I'll really enjoy. I know XCross Wars sucked from what little I saw of it at least.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

How can someone claim something sucks when they admit to only having experienced a small amount of it?

-----
    Words to|live by

That pic.......we finally get Anime-style Yggdrasil? Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHouou View Post
    I know XCross Wars sucked from what little I saw of it at least.
    so....you saw just a little, and you immediately know the entire thing sucked?

btw, it's Xros, not XCross (no "C", and only 1 "s")

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I remember ol' Digimon.

I watched it for like a year then it went of TV and I just forgot about it until I looked at this thread. I cant believe that it's been that long.
    28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

I remember Digimon, also. I always found the concept of digital monsters kind of interesting. I can't really elaborate too much on the series since I stopped watching it after the 3rd season, which I thought was a good season overall. The first season was fun and the one that got me hooked, though. I like how it incorporated more mature or realistic themes for the characters than the Pokémon series did.
    Black-2 FC: 1034 - 9555 - 8683
    White FC: 5243 - 6137 - 1070

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    AlforceVdramon lineup or nothing
    You win the bet!

http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/deta...=TVG-3DS-01225

Alforceveedramon, Aeroveedramon, Togemon and Oukuwamon are new playable Digimon.

gatomon-kari-kamiya-and-gatomon-18135219-600-450.jpg I admit that I do miss Digimon. But Pokemon can not be it !
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/eb785j.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMeow View Post
    I admit that I do miss Digimon. But Pokemon can not be it !
    Pokémon has never tried to be it. Nor vice versa. The continued obsession people have with trying to compare one to the other is puzzling, at best.

-----
    Words to|live by

Turns out there's a new Digimon on the block, say hello to RustTyrannomon: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/yatagami_...8/2892af49.jpg

New Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CjST9i-hafU

Some shots: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/626/626303/

Sweet. I'm liking that RustTyrannomon
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

I love it when they create new Digimon. Digimon isn't confined to numbered generations so they can create new Digimon whenever they please. It's great.

Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast