Page 146 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4196

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

It's hilarious how they are starting with Adventure 01 yet the images on the Nicktoon site shows 02 version instead

Also, what's the OP theme they're using? The video can't be played on my country.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's hilarious how they are starting with Adventures yet the images on the Nicktoon site shows 02 version instead

Also, what's the OP theme they're using? The video can't be played on my country.

Pretty sure it is the dub theme rap.

I like Digimon: Data Squad but that's it...
    So, I herd u liek mudkipz

The standard Adventure dub opening.

I wouldn't expect these to be different from the first-run FOX episodes in any way, honestly.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm almost done watching all of Adventure 1 (I opted to buy the volumes for packaging purposes) and it blew my mind that Gatomon was a Challenge-leveled Digimon. I never picked up on this when I was a kid or maybe I just glossed over Kari's mention of it. I just assumed Angewomon was Angemon's equal.

I hated Adventure 2 so badly but I liked the seasons afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    Gatomon was a Challenge-leveled Digimon
    "Champion", in dub terms. From where does "Challenge-leveled" come?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I am going to say this right now. Digimon failed due to horrible and to lesser extent misaimed marketing. I still know people who don't even know there was a fifth season let alone a sixth or seventh. It is nice seeing it back on television again but it will never go back to it former glory. Let's just hope it get moderate success on Nicktoons.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

I'm doing going to be watching Adventure when it airs on Nicktoons. I probably won't enjoy it as much knowing that they'll probably be airing things in order and that it'll take a while for my favorite season/series, Season 3/ Tamer to air.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I am going to say this right now. Digimon failed due to horrible and to lesser extent misaimed marketing. I still know people who don't even know there was a fifth season let alone a sixth or seventh. It is nice seeing it back on television again but it will never go back to it former glory. Let's just hope it get moderate success on Nicktoons.
    We'll have to wait and see if this is true for Fusion. So far they've advertised Digimon's return on Nicktoons (or at least, giving it a place on the site) so hopefully that's a good sign.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Champion", in dub terms. From where does "Challenge-leveled" come?
    Ha! Obviously a mistake on my part.

Ah Digimon, I used to watch it all the time before going to elementary school in the mornings.

Even though Frontier was one of my least favorite seasons, Burninggreymon's my favorite.
    Loved to play as him in Digimon Rumble Arena 2 whenever my brother and I would rent the game.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I still know people who don't even know there was a fifth season let alone a sixth or seventh.
    For some reason Digimon seems to have a drop in popularity during Savers (fifth season) era. One thing that may caused it, is the radically different character design.
    Digimon is usually associated with young protagonists, but Savers has way older protagonists, not to mention the main protagonist lacking a pair of goggles

Also, the games usually helps the series to stay alive, but the game for that era appeared on PS2's early years, during the time when some people still use the original PS, and thus unable to play the newest game because they don't have a PS2 yet.

The local TV station in my country who usually airs Digimon never aired Savers, it stopped after Frontier ends. Probably they noticed the decrease in popularity.
    I don't know if they'll ever air Xros Wars.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

They didn't really promote Savers really. So it just kinda of slowly withered and died. Since Xros Wars is probably the most toyetic of the season that maybe it will see some decent promotion. However, the plan didn't necessary work wonders over in Japan. In fact that toy-line was the only thing keeping the show alive. Young Hunters was just the final nail in the coffin. What Digimon needs is totally reinvent itself if not from ground up.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

I think it really started with Frontier though. Much as I enjoyed it personally, the shift in mechanics gave way to a drop in ratings. Next to that, we had that 4(?) year gap in-between then and the time of Savers, alongside no real publicity for the other aspects of the franchise here in the states (games & TCG).

Really not sure about how Xros Wars will do over here, but I think their doing things more effectively than how they handled Data Squad.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 13th June 2013 at 7:24 AM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

I'm trying to watch Digimon again, but my cable conviently decides to freeze 1/2 the time now ONLY when Digimon is on. Hooray. (I know i can watch it online, but I can't find anywhere with too good of quality)
    I bet some people don't know that they were still making Digimon toys during Data Squad though.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Equal-to-Heaven View Post
    Ah Digimon, I used to watch it all the time before going to elementary school in the mornings.

Even though Frontier was one of my least favorite seasons, Burninggreymon's my favorite.
    Loved to play as him in Digimon Rumble Arena 2 whenever my brother and I would rent the game.
    I LOVED the rumble arena series. So much. Used to play that all the time.
    Honestly, i havent watched digimon for a couple of years, but recently, i started watching it from episode one of the first season. Im currently on episode 30 of season one, and GAH season 2 looks cool with everyone older, Im curious to see how they will handle it. Frontier looks fun, but i am kinda iffy on tamers. Data squad...meh. Everyone says that Xros wars was really good though.

-Credit goes to Extroph for this awesome siggy!

ATTACK ON TITAN AND DIGIMON FTW

I am happy that Nickelodeon will be airing Digimon Fusion (Xros Wars in Japan) starting sometime this year. Maybe once the anime for Xros Wars gets localized, they'll make English releases for the games (Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red/Blue)!

Quote Originally Posted by @MiGo View Post
    I LOVED the rumble arena series. So much. Used to play that all the time.
    Yeah, Rumble Arena is awesome, unfortunately Rumble Arena 2 is available only on PS2.

From what I've heard, it wasn't as popular as the first Rumble Arena because at that time there are still many people who don't own a PS2 yet. I think the popularity drop is the reason why they didn't continue making more Rumble Arena games. Had they made it so that it is available for PS instead (PS2 can play it too anyway), then maybe we'll have more Rumble Arena games now.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Vortexx has new shows being added and it seems Fusion airs july 13th according to the lineup tweeted out

Two new mons were released today: Magnakidmon and one shadowed (now everyone, lets play who's that Digimon?)

Yeah, Rumble Arena is awesome, unfortunately Rumble Arena 2 is available only on PS2.
    Actually it was multiplatform, I still have the game on my Gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    Vortexx has new shows being added and it seems Fusion airs july 13th according to the lineup tweeted out
    Do you have a link? That seems rather odd considering it's supposed to air in the Fall, did something change?
    Last edited by Taodragon; 15th June 2013 at 8:18 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Digimon used to air here in India many years ago. And... the first two seasons were my favourites... but they stopped...

I heard that they were starting re-runs and it was already in the US? Then is it possible for it to reach India here? Frankly, that would be great, because I miss the Hindi Dub. ;^;

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Two new mons were released today: Magnakidmon and one shadowed (now everyone, lets play who's that Digimon?)

Actually it was multiplatform, I still have the game on my Gamecube.

Do you have a link? That seems rather odd considering it's supposed to air in the Fall, did something change?
    http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/39723

I think it is pulling a DBZ Kai and airing on two channels one airing it in July and the other this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    That silhouette looks like Davis/Daisuke's version of Flamon. Like if he turned into a digimon at Rookie level.

[QUOTE=Taodragon;16072566]Two new mons were released today: Magnakidmon and one shadowed (now everyone, lets play who's that Digimon?) QUOTE]

OK, the sillouette Digimon looks like Davis Biomerged with Veemon.

From what I've heard, it wasn't as popular as the first Rumble Arena because at that time there are still many people who don't own a PS2 yet. I think the popularity drop is the reason why they didn't continue making more Rumble Arena games. Had they made it so that it is available for PS instead (PS2 can play it too anyway), then maybe we'll have more Rumble Arena games now.

I saw it for Cube and Xbox. Even got the Cube version back in 2004

Page 146 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast