Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4058

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorked View Post
    Though I have to say, my favorite series is still Japanese Tamers. There's something about the original version that's really wonderful to me. Mind you, I don't dislike the dub, but there are some fantastic insert songs in the original version. Combine that with the fact that it has fewer puns and the awesome that is Dukemon, and it's hard not to love. If any of you haven't seen Tamers subbed, I highly recommend checking it out, if you can find some decent quality fansubs (they are out there, but I won't link to abide by the rules).
    Yeah, the originals always tend to have awesome songs.

I'm lucky my country always air the Japanese version. Dialogues are dubbed into our language of course, but the songs are untouched, so we gets to hear all those awesome songs

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

My ranking of Digimon seasons:
    1: Digimon Xros Wars
    2: Digimon Adventure
    3: Digimon Tamers
    4: Digimon Frontier
    5: Digimon Savers
    6: Digimon Adventure 02
    7: Digimon Boy Hunters (or as I call it: Tagiru Xros Wars)
    I'm on GPX+! Name: Rocky
    Please help and I'll help back!

I'll put my rankings as well:

1. Digimon Tamers
    2. Digimon Adventure = Digimon Xros Wars
    3. Digimon Savers
    4. Digimon Frontier
    5. Digimon Adventure 02
    6. Digimon Xros Hunters

My top three are an extremely narrow race between Xros Wars, Savers and Tamers, probably ranked in that order ultimately (though that's a really tough call to make, as I tend to fluctuate on which I narrowly prefer from time to time depending upon my mood). I still haven't gotten around to giving Frontier its fair chance (I watched about half of it before deciding I couldn't be bothered to watch the rest; I just found it boring, personally, though not bad necessarily), and Hunters I dropped about halfway through (and not even the allure of returning Protagonists could get me to watch the end; I watched those scenes on their own later, but not the episodes), so I suppose Adventure and 02 come after Tamers for me.

I LOVED the Tamers series...
    But it seems that Pokemon is bringing some Digimon elements to X/Y with their Mega-evolutions lol
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJesus123 View Post
    But it seems that Pokemon is bringing some Digimon elements to X/Y with their Mega-evolutions lol
    To Savers' Burst Modes maybe, but aside from that not at all.

But, that's an argument that's been had ad nauseum all over these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonJesus123 View Post
    Well, me too...

No. Digimon does not own the word, "Mega". We have Meganium, Yanmega and more. If you want it to be more "Digimon-like", we have MegaYanma (Megayanma, actually, Japanese name for Yanmega)

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    Well, me too...

No. Digimon does not own the word, "Mega". We have Meganium, Yanmega and more. If you want it to be more "Digimon-like", we have MegaYanma (Megayanma, actually, Japanese name for Yanmega)
    they may as well own it. i mean, its pretty obvious what gamefreak is trying to do here.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

There is no 'Mega' stage in Digimon.

What happens to Pokémon during Mega Evolution is similar to Burst Mode and even for that you can't say it came from Digimon because power-up modes have been going on for many years in many different anime series. Digimon did not invent power up.

So people comparing Mega Evolutions with Digimon are ridiculous.

....and now, her story begins.

I have watched only one series of Digimon : Digimon Frontier. Needlessly to say, I liked it. But the series that came after that bored me. And that's the end of me and Digimon.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    they may as well own it. i mean, its pretty obvious what gamefreak is trying to do here.
    I do not think Digimon need special stones to Digivolve. And it was originally the "Ultimate" stage in Japan. Game Freak shall not consider the English names from Digimon. "Mega" stage does not exist in the original version of Digimon.

Pretty much the only way they are similar is in the way that Ultimate (Perfect) was considered the highest stage in-universe, but Mega surpasses it, like the Mega Evolutions surpass what were previously considered the highest stages in Pokemon. There is pretty much no other relationship at all.

And this relationship, surpassing the maximum power, is a very popular concept, making the point that Mega Evolutions and Digivolutions are similar null and void. So, no, copying was not involved at all.

I am tired of people arguing that Pokemon or Digimon copied the other. Even though the staff from both series said that this should not be done.
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 27th September 2013 at 1:19 PM.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

I do not think Digimon need special stones to Digivolve. And it was originally the "Ultimate" stage in Japan. Game Freak shall not consider the English names from Digimon. "Mega" stage does not exist in the original version of Digimon.

Pretty much the only way they are similar is in the way that Ultimate (Perfect) was considered the highest stage in-universe, but Mega surpasses it, like the Mega Evolutions surpass what were previously considered the highest stages in Pokemon. There is pretty much no other relationship at all.

And this relationship, surpassing the maximum power, is a very popular concept, making the point that Mega Evolutions and Digivolutions are similar null and void. So, no, copying was not involved at all.

I am tired of people arguing that Pokemon or Digimon copied the other. Even though the staff from both series said that this should not be done.
    Sadly enough, this will never end, same with most treating Digimon better than Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I have watched only one series of Digimon : Digimon Frontier. Needlessly to say, I liked it. But the series that came after that bored me. And that's the end of me and Digimon.
    You should try the other series, then. In my opinion, most of the series are dramatically different, so you may like the others.

So is the English dub restarting from Episode 1 again? Does this have anything to do with having a random break last week?

My TV schedule says Episode 3 should've aired instead.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So is the English dub restarting from Episode 1 again? Does this have anything to do with having a random break last week?

My TV schedule says Episode 3 should've aired instead.
    From what I understand, there was a mix-up and Nick used the wrong episode.

It wouldn't be so bad if the show didn't already skip a week and will skip next week as well (SpongeBob's in the slot instead).

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

You should try the other series, then. In my opinion, most of the series are dramatically different, so you may like the others.
    agreed nd i love gatomon nd totALLY LOVE ur sig ^,^
    DWFEgg Movesw/Thunderpunchw/DragonDance,Outrage,Crunchw/RockBlast,RapidSpinw/BulletPunch,DrainPunchw/Disablew/DarkPulsew/DragonDancew/ExtremeSpeedw/BulletPunch,DrainPunchw/Agility,BatonPassw/RapidSpinw/Curse,Wish,Yawnw/BulletPunch,BlazeKick,HiJumpKick,Crunchw/VoltTackleCan do egg moves and natures on request.Also have extra battle items for tradeWantsAny legendaries and DWF

Well, this explains it: https://twitter.com/nickandmore/stat...97311239245824

Digimon Fusion IS however moving to #Nicktoons. New promos just started. Show joins Sunday, Oct. 13 (time TBA).
    So for those of you enjoying it on Nick, prepare to move to Nicktoons starting Oct. 13th.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post

So for those of you enjoying it on Nick, prepare to move to Nicktoons starting Oct. 13th.
    Bouffalant crap! I don't have that channel.

Oh well.

I wonder why they changed
    I wonder when we'll get the remainder of the Royal Knights (1) and the Olympians (1)
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    I wonder why they changed
    I wonder when we'll get the remainder of the Royal Knights (1) and the Olympians (1)
    I'd love to see an anime arc devoted to the Olympians as a collective group, much like Tamers with the Shiseijuu (and the Devas) and Savers with the Royal Knights. I wouldn't be against giving the Seven Great Demon Lords similar treatment, though that would be difficult to pull off without recycling Lucemon as an antagonist (not that I'd complain overly much if they did...).

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post

...You have got to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    ...You have got to be kidding.
    It's like they know SpongeBob has lower quality compared to something big like Digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's like they know SpongeBob has lower quality compared to something big like Digimon.
    It doesn't, though. "Quality" is about as subjective as you can get - we like Digimon, other people prefer Spongebob - and guess which of the two has made Nickelodeon more money.

We can be dignified about this.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'd love to see an anime arc devoted to the Olympians as a collective group, much like Tamers with the Shiseijuu (and the Devas) and Savers with the Royal Knights. I wouldn't be against giving the Seven Great Demon Lords similar treatment, though that would be difficult to pull off without recycling Lucemon as an antagonist (not that I'd complain overly much if they did...).
    Thats sounds like a cool idea
    Seeing how the digimon games usually invovle the seven demon lords in some way, maybe the (hopefully) next season will have the lords as the villians
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Nicktoons might be a better fit for it tbh.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast