Page 155 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4073

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

  1. #3851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's not terribly likely at all.
    Well yeah, but I mean that if they DO (by some miracle) decide to localize another Digimon game, that it'd be more likely to be S. Xros Wars than Decode.

  2. #3852
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Well yeah, but I mean that if they DO (by some miracle) decide to localize another Digimon game, that it'd be more likely to be S. Xros Wars than Decode.
    I'm confused what you mean, the PSP entry has no effect on Decode getting localized as they're not only on different systems at different times in their lifespan, Decode is an expansion of the story of the original PSP entry. Basically, think of it like Platinum to Diamond and Pearl, the story is expanded in the former and you don't need the previous two games to enjoy it. Decode can stand on its own two legs and doesn't need the PSP entry to do the work for it so there's no restriction placed by that game not coming over.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 18th November 2013 at 4:23 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Well yeah, but I mean that if they DO (by some miracle) decide to localize another Digimon game, that it'd be more likely to be S. Xros Wars than Decode.
    That's not what he said at all. He said that, were we to see Re: Digitize localized, it'd be more likely that we'd get the Decode port for the 3DS than the original for the PSP, on account of the PSP being a dead system and Decode essentially being a Final Mix (or Platinum to Re: Digitize's Diamond/Pearl, to use his own analogy) to Re: Digitize anyway. He said nothing at all about S. Xros Wars.

    And I wouldn't hold my breath on what you're wanting. Maybe (and I do mean maybe) they'd localize S. Xros Wars, but I have severe doubts about them both localizing and remaking it on the 3DS.

  4. #3854
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    If you watch tamers there are people who appear to be significantly similar to characters from the first two series, for example Takato's teacher looks very similar to Kari as well as the fact Kari herself mentions she wants to be a teacher. Also this theory is helped because in the game Brave Tamer,
    "Brave Tamer follows the cliffhanger ending of D-1 Tamers where Ryo and Millenniumon take a trip through time to, supposedly, the future. However, something went wrong and Ryo was catapulted into the past, where he met Monodramon, his partner later on. It is revealed that all Digital Worlds were created by the computer Atanasoff, the world's first Digital Computer upon his activation in the 1940s through support with ENIAC, the second computer to be activated, and that the Digital Worlds diverged into alternate realities overtime."
    Credit for the quote goes to: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimo...s:_Brave_Tamer

    So I wanted to see if anyone had any info that either proves my theory, or proves it otherwise.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  5. #3855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    That's not what he said at all. He said that, were we to see Re: Digitize localized, it'd be more likely that we'd get the Decode port for the 3DS than the original for the PSP, on account of the PSP being a dead system and Decode essentially being a Final Mix (or Platinum to Re: Digitize's Diamond/Pearl, to use his own analogy) to Re: Digitize anyway. He said nothing at all about S. Xros Wars.

    And I wouldn't hold my breath on what you're wanting. Maybe (and I do mean maybe) they'd localize S. Xros Wars, but I have severe doubts about them both localizing and remaking it on the 3DS.
    Ohhhh, OK. I get it now. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Heh, derp.

  6. #3856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    So I wanted to see if anyone had any info that either proves my theory, or proves it otherwise.
    This is all years old. Adventure and Tamers are entirely separate continuities, and the WonderSwan games do so much bizarre stuff that only a drop or two of it, at most, on its own should be taken as strictly canonical to anything.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 19th November 2013 at 1:02 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    So I wanted to see if anyone had any info that either proves my theory, or proves it otherwise.
    What is your theory? That Tamers and Adventures are linked? As BCVM22 said, they're entirely separate; any link between them in Brave Tamer is simply on account of ZeedMilleniumon dimension-hopping and ENIAC allowing Ryo to do the same (I think). But Takato's teacher isn't Hikari, if that's what you were getting at; and if that wasn't, what were you getting at?

  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    The only link they have is that Adventure is a TV show in the Tamers universe.

    ...I think. Might be dub only.

    Although I do hear this was brought up in the Adventure PSP game. Is that true?

  9. #3859
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The only link they have is that Adventure is a TV show in the Tamers universe.

    ...I think. Might be dub only.

    Although I do hear this was brought up in the Adventure PSP game. Is that true?
    Can't speak for whatever does or doesn't crop up in the PSP game, but that was dub only in Tamers.

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    What is your theory? That Tamers and Adventures are linked? As BCVM22 said, they're entirely separate; any link between them in Brave Tamer is simply on account of ZeedMilleniumon dimension-hopping and ENIAC allowing Ryo to do the same (I think). But Takato's teacher isn't Hikari, if that's what you were getting at; and if that wasn't, what were you getting at?
    I do think their linked but not in the way you'd think, I think they might be alternate timelines. Which might explain the appearances of characters from the first season, but without ever having met digimon after all it says, "It is revealed that all Digital Worlds were created by the computer Atanasoff, the world's first Digital Computer upon his activation in the 1940s through support with ENIAC, the second computer to be activated, and that the Digital Worlds diverged into alternate realities overtime" Which means they are connected but they aren't.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  11. #3861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The only link they have is that Adventure is a TV show in the Tamers universe.

    ...I think. Might be dub only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Can't speak for whatever does or doesn't crop up in the PSP game, but that was dub only in Tamers.
    It's accurate in both versions (the concept of Digimon as a TV show as well as a card game is mentioned in the original internal series materials) but only the Tamers dub references it explicitly.

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Which might explain the appearances of characters from the first season, but without ever having met digimon after all it says
    No, again, completely separate continuities. There are no Adventure characters that appear in Tamers. Ryou is the lone character crossover, by virtue of dimension-hopping shenanigans that didn't necessarily even happen the same if at all in the anime(s) as they did in the WonderSwan games.

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    "It is revealed that all Digital Worlds were created by the computer Atanasoff, the world's first Digital Computer upon his activation in the 1940s through support with ENIAC, the second computer to be activated, and that the Digital Worlds diverged into alternate realities overtime" Which means they are connected but they aren't.
    While some version of Ryou's adventures seem to have happened in the animated universe(s) - assuming the Tamers Ryou isn't simply an alternate version of the same archetypical character like Ash/Red/Red - there's nothing that says the events happened identically to the plot of the WonderSwan titles nor is there anything that says the writers were beholden to that material when crafting the ongoing tales in the Adventure and Tamers universes.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Your looking at it all wrong I'm saying that when the computers were made Digimon started to exist but after that each universe goes in opposite directions, A point that was made pretty clear in the aforementioned paragraph!
    "It is revealed that all Digital Worlds were created by the computer Atanasoff, the world's first Digital Computer upon his activation in the 1940s through support with ENIAC, the second computer to be activated, and that the Digital Worlds diverged into alternate realities overtime" Which means they are connected but they aren't."
    Which means Tamers could be an alternate version of the world that we saw in digimon adventure, which means that it is not the same world but rather a parallel one.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,286

    Default

    ...Yes, that was kind of confirmed in Xros Hunters...sort of.

  14. #3864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Which means Tamers could be an alternate version of the world that we saw in digimon adventure, which means that it is not the same world but rather a parallel one.
    And that's restating that which has been obvious for a decade. What are you getting at, exactly?



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #3865
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Which is funny because your post before last seemed to say otherwise.
    "there's nothing that says the events happened identically to the plot of the WonderSwan titles nor is there anything that says the writers were beholden to that material when crafting the ongoing tales in the Adventure and Tamers universes."
    Which has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

    And let me get this straight your saying I need evidence to back up my already existing evidence? Since when does that make sense? Its not like i'm going for guility verdict or anything its a theory
    We know that digimon were created in the tamers universe and that's the only reason that they have the card game. But we know that if they alternate realities they are closely connected because they all have digital worlds and digimon. This basically amounts to is that somewhere in the past something happened that created digimon then something else happened to cause the unverses to diverge from each other. The other theory would be that for some random reason they all randomly got digimon but if you're going with that logic then I'm clearly not the stupidest person here.

    Plus I didn't say they appeared in the series I said they might have counterparts in the tamers universe,
    Last edited by X-Lucario; 19th November 2013 at 6:56 AM.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  16. #3866

    Default

    You're being told 2 + 2 = 4 and your response is a bunch of unnecessary rabble about theories pertaining to material that's been out for years that might possibly prove that 2 + 2 = 4 (though we can't be sure because evidence of existing evidence or something) and at the same time accusing people of telling you it equals 3 and that you're the only rational one in the discussion.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Well you're the one who is telling me my theory won't work but can't tell me why it won't. So tell me exactly why it doesn't work and then I can give up on the idea that there might be alternate versions of the protagonist running around! And besides there is some weird types of math out there I wouldn't be surprised if in one of them 2+2=3.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  18. #3868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Well you're the one who is telling me my theory won't work but can't tell me why it won't. So tell me exactly why it doesn't work and then I can give up on the idea that there might be alternate versions of the protagonist running around!
    Because it isn't a theory, just like 2 + 2 = 4 isn't a theory.

    We knew from the first episode of Tamers that it was set in a continuity alternate from Adventure, and in case it wasn't clear then, the three additional continuities that followed (Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars) made it even more clear, and in case it still wasn't clear, the protagonists from all five continuities being pulled together and referred to as originating from "different worlds" eliminated whatever tiny sliver of doubt may have remained.

    And as for whatever it is you're positing, no, Takato's teacher isn't an alternate version of Hikari. It's the animators chuckling to themselves, at the very most. The animated version(s) of Ryou and the franchise's high concept of "Ryou" as a whole are ambiguous enough that one can believe as they wish, regardless of whether one believes there to be one animated Ryou or two.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 19th November 2013 at 7:14 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because it isn't a theory, just like 2 + 2 = 4 isn't a theory.

    We knew from the first episode of Tamers that it was set in a continuity alternate from Adventure, and in case it wasn't clear then, the three additional continuities that followed (Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars) made it even more clear, and in case it still wasn't clear, the protagonists from all five continuities being pulled together and referred to as originating from "different worlds" eliminated whatever tiny sliver of doubt may have remained.

    And as for whatever it is you're positing, no, Takato's teacher isn't an alternate version of Hikari. It's the animators chuckling to themselves, at the very most. The animated version(s) of Ryou and the franchise's high concept of "Ryou" as a whole are ambiguous enough that one can believe as they wish, regardless of whether one believes there to be one animated Ryou or two.
    Actually if you want to get technical everything we think we know is just an idea we have about the universe we live in. Firstly, Continuity is not the same as alternate/parallel universes, though one could use alternate universes to separate continuity I highly doubt it works in reverse. Secondly, your being incredibly opinionated about this and backing little of it with facts. Thirdly I love to see you prove that they aren't alternate versions, of course using the evidence you seem to love, but also neglect. Fourth it has never been about Ryou! Your the only one who thinks it is!I merely used a bit of background to help substantiate my point. Fifthly, and possibly most importantly all of this is a decade old there should be a ton of evidence to prove me wrong if that is the case so how about you dig about the internet a bit and find an actual point to your argument!

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  20. #3870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Firstly, Continuity is not the same as alternate/parallel universes, though one could use alternate universes to separate continuity I highly doubt it works in reverse.
    You're just saying words to say them at this point, oblivious to their lack of actual meaning.

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Thirdly I love to see you prove that they aren't alternate versions, of course using the evidence you seem to love, but also neglect.

    Fifthly, and possibly most importantly all of this is a decade old there should be a ton of evidence to prove me wrong if that is the case so how about you dig about the internet a bit and find an actual point to your argument!
    What sort of evidence do you believe there is, exactly? The evidence is that no one no one ever felt the need to say outright "no, this is not an alternate-reality version of Hikari Yagami", probably because no one was ever lost enough to actually think it was a legitimate possibility. That's basically what you're trying to push here - that you "demand proof" of the obvious.

    That you demand I "show you a ton of evidence" is ridiculous. The burden of proof is on you, as you are the one making something pointless out of absolutely nothing in the finest traditions of the Internet and Digimon fandom. Common sense shouldn't have to be explained in detail.

    Utterly ridiculous.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    So what you're saying is that I'm wrong but you can't prove it? Or is there some other way to interpret this that i'm missing? Because in science, which uses 2+2=4, we only say something can't be true after its been proven to be untrue, and in court we don't declare someone guilty because of lack of evidence. Theories are like hopes little things, that may with time be proven to be true and there are as many theories and hopes and dreams as there are stars in the sky. So if because you don't understand something or if it conflicts with the way you view our tiny insignificant world then burn it down and the funny thing is you would not even be the first to do it.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  22. #3872

    Default

    See, you're trying to make this into "quit harshing my creative vibe, man!" and in turn veering off into higher concepts that have nothing to do with any of this. You're positing something small enough as to make no real sense and then better yet, you're demanding someone sit down and provide proof for you, despite how little sense that makes as well.

    Stop and ask yourself - why would they make a insignificant character in Tamers an "alternate" version of a key character from a different reality? What purpose would that serve? The character makes only a handful of appearances, and there's nothing to support your claim besides a slight resemblance? What good does it do on any level to say "yeah, this is totally this reality's version of Hikari Yagami and oh, by the way, she'll make only a few appearances and largely play no role in anything important."

    What, exactly, is the problem with the logical and accurate answer, that it's the animators having an insignificant spot of fun and nothing more? Your argument is best summarized as "you can't prove me wrong, therefore it must be right", when the reality is that you can't prove that you're right and thus there's no reason to believe anything beyond the simplest and most logical answer.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 19th November 2013 at 8:04 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    If you hadn't noticed people like alternate universes! They are full of possiblities of what might have been! And if you didn't know doing stuff like this is exactly how they they get a kick out of it! They plant something, like when random things on shelves are all from different shows. And when a character cameo shows up, giving you just enough to guess at who it was while not explictly stating that it was. Speaking of random ever hear of the Bloody Gir? In one episode of invader zim in the middle of the intro for like a 1/10 of a second a picture of Gir pops up and he is covered with blood! They probably thought no one would notice but they did and just because no one saw something before does not necessarily mean that it doesn't exist. And if you want to know the saddest thing? Its tat people like me and you that think we are smart that the world is full of dumb people, its not them who are dumb, we are.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's accurate in both versions (the concept of Digimon as a TV show as well as a card game is mentioned in the original internal series materials) but only the Tamers dub references it explicitly.
    Huh, I actually completely forgot that. Is the TV show in question being Adventures alluded to as well, or is that dub only?

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    If you hadn't noticed people like alternate universes! They are full of possiblities of what might have been! And if you didn't know doing stuff like this is exactly how they they get a kick out of it! They plant something, like when random things on shelves are all from different shows. And when a character cameo shows up, giving you just enough to guess at who it was while not explictly stating that it was. Speaking of random ever hear of the Bloody Gir? In one episode of invader zim in the middle of the intro for like a 1/10 of a second a picture of Gir pops up and he is covered with blood! They probably thought no one would notice but they did and just because no one saw something before does not necessarily mean that it doesn't exist. And if you want to know the saddest thing? Its tat people like me and you that think we are smart that the world is full of dumb people, its not them who are dumb, we are.
    ...Okay? I quite like the theory of the Stone Tower in Majora's Mask being akin to the Tower of Babel, but that doesn't make the theory fact... so what does liking the idea have to do with anything?

    I'm more of a time travel enthusiast, myself. You can keep your alternate universes.

  25. #3875
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    columbia, illnios
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Point is it is a theory and we are trying to figure out if it has any foothold in the realm of fact. Unfortunately we have yet to actually discuss the actual possibilities, instead I got in some war and we have yet to find anything for or against it! I mean the strongest negative aspect I can think of is that they do show the first two seasons of the TV show in the series but apparently that was dubbed, and if we are accepting dubs now i guess everyone is Yu-Gi-Oh really did have invisible guns. I could probably think of more lame dubstuff but i think I've made my point.

    FYI time travel is one of the causes of alternate dimensions! That and the Many worlds theory i was talking about earlier. But time travel is great I love all three Back to the Futures and Doctor Who.
    Last edited by X-Lucario; 19th November 2013 at 3:10 PM.

    Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

Page 155 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •