Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4134

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    It takes one nasty executive to make such a call. And Digimon isn't afraid to make leaps to cater to different audiences. Savers is a good example: they switched to a more mature style to cater to Digimon's aging audience. What's not to say that they wouldn't make a leap to make it more like a high school anime?
    There's a rather big difference between using a more mature cast and completely changing the general idea of what a Digimon anime is like. There's nothing saying it flat out can't happen, but only in the same sense that one can't say with absolute, infallible certainty that the powers that be won't decide that Digimon aren't enough and start tacking on Magical Girls just because.

In short, something technically not being impossible doesn't make it a legitimate concern.

There's a huge difference between discussing the opinion and implying that the poster doesn't watch anime. My comment was aimed at Born Better, who implied that I'm a anime-illiterate idiot because I came to a conclusion. Yeah, I might have been hasty in making that conclusion, but that was no reason for him to insult me like that.
    Okay, fair enough; that is an unfair assumption to make, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    This is gonna be good. I figured some new anime was coming with all the news lately, but not this. It'll be interesting to return to older (age-wise) protagonists. Not to mention this will be the first series where digimon will already be commonplace in the real world with many having their own, we'll probably see more human antagonists because of this imo.

It'll also be nice to get back to more standard digimon after xros wars, not that I think xros wars was bad lol. Just give Dorumon a main role christ's sake.
    I'd honestly love to see some Digimon from Xros Wars make it into this, if only because they currently feel so disconnected from the rest of the series (what with the whole no Levels thing).
    Last edited by Akashin; 2nd August 2014 at 2:05 AM. Reason: Misread

It's a stupid concept. Five minutes on FanFiction.net could tell you that. Yeah, it could be done right, but see my point below:
    I don't watch much anime. I have more important things to do with my time. I've seen a ton of shitty animes that happen to have high school settings, however.
    And thank you for not bothering to comment, because then I wouldn't have to tell you to shut the **** up.
    Aww that's cute.

There's a huge difference between discussing the opinion and implying that the poster doesn't watch anime. My comment was aimed at Born Better, who implied that I'm a anime-illiterate idiot because I came to a conclusion. Yeah, I might have been hasty in making that conclusion, but that was no reason for him to insult me like that.
    It wasn't an insult. It was an assumption based on a closed minded statement you made

The bit someone mentioned about TV Asahi feared getting mocked for airing re-runs is not true, Kamen Rider series always have re-runs on the following week's Friday.

I think the real problem is that they don't have anything they could air that could fit within the gap. As in, just before Omega aired, the placeholder's series actually ends, with actual ending.

That's why they have to create a new short series that can be tweaked easily to fill the gap perfectly. Unfortunately, they decided that the short series is a continuation of Xros Wars, which already has the perfect ending......

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I heard the last season was so bad everyone spat on it. Maybe this one wants to redeem the series?
    More like the third part of the last season that was so bad.

Xros Wars itself is great, but Xros Wars Young Hunters is trash.

Anyway

new Digimon season is interesting, as it is a continuation of the original series. Would be even better if this retcon the stupid ending that 02 has.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

So, I'm closed-minded because I don't like the high school anime genre and was simply stating an assumption based on what we know? Well, I guess I'm closed-minded then. Whoop-de-****ing-do.

I'll just take my cute, close-minded assumption out of this ****ing thread. Have a nice day.
    It was close minded because you pretty much called an entire genre fanfic.net garbage despite admitting you don't watch all that much anime.

Okay, fine. I admit that it was a bit harsh saying that. But damn, the genre (as in the FanFic genre, not the anime genre) has a bad enough rep on its own! There, I screwed up. Just do me a favor and drop it.

(Why the **** am I not banned yet? Aren't the mods watching this thread?)
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

I hope they retcon the whole Myotismon deal of Adventure 2, then. The writers were running on Nonsensoleum at the last three episodes.

Okay, fine. I admit that it was a bit harsh saying that. But damn, the genre (as in the FanFic genre, not the anime genre) has a bad enough rep on its own! There, I screwed up. Just do me a favor and drop it.

(Why the **** am I not banned yet? Aren't the mods watching this thread?)
    Well, you can't be banned if you're not flaming anybody.

I hope they retcon the whole Myotismon deal of Adventure 2, then. The writers were running on Nonsensoleum at the last three episodes.
    It's not so much that I hope they retcon it, I just hope that they can take what they have and gracefully run with it. There's still some hope to make a sensible bridge between MaloMyotismon's defeat and the epilogue. While one series that takes place a few years later won't be the end-all be-all solution, it can help to smooth things over.

Well, you can't be banned if you're not flaming anybody.
    Well, I kinda did. I insulted a genre of fanfic and then told everybody to go... love themselves when called out on it. I have accepted defeat and just hope that I can at least get some sort of dignified punishment for my crimes against humanity. Or at the very least be given a reason to leave so that I don't stick my foot in my mouth even further. =\

I'm really hyped for the new series, the first and second series are my fave and have my fave characters in it. Oh I even got sick when I saw that TK & Tai sister didn't end up together.

Looking for HA FC: 2380-4063-9905 IGN: Alexander

Well, I kinda did. I insulted a genre of fanfic and then told everybody to go... love themselves when called out on it. I have accepted defeat and just hope that I can at least get some sort of dignified punishment for my crimes against humanity. Or at the very least be given a reason to leave so that I don't stick my foot in my mouth even further. =\
    Uh, sure. That was all constructive criticism in the cruel harsh world of the internet today. Though, really, not all of it is that bad. It's one of those "only the ten percent is worth it."

Now watch as this gets delayed, just like Sailor Moon Crystal until this summer. >>

...I'm kidding. Probably. Delayed or not, a second sequel to Adventure has piqued my interest; given that all we have right now is that clip, what I'm really curious about is the staff, including the writer.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

As long as they change that epilogue,I'd be happy.

I haven't watched Digimon since that god awful series about fusing. My favorite seasons were Frontier and Digimon Adventures so hearing this news is pretty exciting.

Can't wait to see Taichi and the gang again. I just hope that epilogue at the end of 02 is made non canon, god that made me cringe.

This series sounds pretty cool. I've wished for a 3rd Adventure series, and now we're getting it. Definitely watching this series for sure (even though it's Japanese). And it will be pretty cool to see Agumon back in action once again!

I'm happy that there's a new Digimon season. I can't help but feel like going with Adventure is the "safe" option, though. I'd have rather had a new season, but this is probably the shot in the arm that Digimon needs, to draw back all the Digimon fans who've been living on nostalgia. As long as there are new Digimon and not just the same old Digivolutions, I'll be happy.

I've seen this posted on Anime News Network, but do we have a source from them? Some people I know are worried this is a fake. I don't think it is, but the worry's there nonetheless.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 20 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    I'm happy that there's a new Digimon season. I can't help but feel like going with Adventure is the "safe" option, though. I'd have rather had a new season, but this is probably the shot in the arm that Digimon needs, to draw back all the Digimon fans who've been living on nostalgia.
    Reusing beloved characters is a big double edged sword. It's not "characters becoming digimon" risky but it's not a completely safe option. Look at how most think about the last two episodes of young hunters.

I've seen this posted on Anime News Network, but do we have a source from them? Some people I know are worried this is a fake. I don't think it is, but the worry's there nonetheless.
    No worries, the video on ANN is from a official channel. Also official website.
    Last edited by diakyu; 2nd August 2014 at 4:47 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Now watch as this gets delayed, just like Sailor Moon Crystal until this summer. >>
    Considering that Hunters was indeed a time issue, if the production team feels like they need to delay to make the series the best that it can possibly be then I'm all for it. I would hope that this isn't the case. Hunters required the team to figure out a way to extend Xros Wars despite having wrapped everything up in a nice little package in Episode 54. Adventure and Adventure 02 do leave something that can be fleshed out when necessary (Demon, Dagomon, and the Dark Ocean).

Hunters was like a restaurant's chef getting a call saying that he has to work an extra shift with no ingredients and no prep time. This new series is like a chef getting a call well in advance with the knowledge that there's stuff that's been sitting in the freezer for years that needs to be used up.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Guess the USA will get it 2017 if Fusion 2.0 is airing in 2015 and the 3.0 is airing 2016. Hopefully this is dubbed. Still holding out for Tamers 2.0 before i die.

Omg this x1000, they NEED to remake tamers. I need me some more Takato, Rika, and Gallantmon Crimson Mode.

I'm also really glad that they're making a sequel to Adventure which is the next best season imo. Here's the writers' chance to finally redeem Tai/Sora

Omg this x1000, they NEED to remake tamers. I need me some more Takato, Rika, and Gallantmon Crimson Mode.

I'm also really glad that they're making a sequel to Adventure which is the next best season imo. Here's the writers' chance to finally redeem Tai/Sora
    Remaking the series (like Dragonball Kai) wouldn't be a bad idea. Just imagine those CGI evolution sequences redone in HD. Screw that, let's wait for the 20th anniversary so we can get them in 4K/8K goodness. *drools*

Adventure 03 will be MEH. I'd rather have a totally new story. Hell, i'd take a follow-up to Tamers/Savers instead.

Vamdemon will be back for sure. So Boring.
    Last edited by GreenEyes; 3rd August 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Maybe after adventure 03 they might do a new season for tamers.
    i am a ash/misty fan

[IMG] ash and misty

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Adventure 03 will be MEH. I'd rather have a totally new story. Hell, i'd take a follow-up to Tamers/Savers instead.

He was pretty well completely dealt with in 02, so I'd say there's absolutely no reason to treat that as a sure thing. Definitely not impossible (though it well should be), though.

And also, no. Tamers is probably the last Digimon season that should be getting a sequel; its ending was already pretty well perfect. Savers has potential though, what with how open-ended Masaru's ending was (not that I'd expect to see it).

How did Data Squad end?

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    How did Data Squad end?
        Spoiler:- Savers:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post

It's amazing and ridiculous that this is a statement made on the most minimal of teasers.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It is way to early to be making any judgements. For all we know it could just be Tai leading a new group of kids also in highschool with only cameos from the other kids. There are a bunch of Digidestined roaming around now in the adventure universe after-all. It'll be interesting to see where it goes. I've always wanted a series where the real world and digital world where already semi-mixed.

But what will they do with Tai and Agumon's power? It wouldn't be entertaining to just watch Agumon warp digivole and wreck house on every enemy. Perhaps they'll lock off Agumon's old digivolutions and create a new evolution line.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast