Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4132

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

  1. #4101
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Can we talk about relationships in another thread?

  2. #4102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCharredDragon View Post
    @TranquilSea

    That is definitely agreed. But I haven't actually seen Adventure 02, so I'm not gonna say anything about the triangles or possible relationships. Besides the T.K. and Kari one, that, I know of.
    Just for your information, Adventure 02 is awful. After the new Adventure series was announced, I marathoned the first 2 seasons. Adventure stands the test of time really well, and I loved it just as much as when I was little. 02 on the other hand... was a painful experience. It lacks the heart of the original and the writing is a mess in so many ways. And in terms of relationships, any hint of romance was made up by the English writers, and simply didn't exist in the Japanese version, so even the people dubbing it were clearly obsessed with shipping. X_x

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Can we talk about relationships in another thread?
    Why? The English speaking portion of the Digimon fanbase is rather infamous for being some of the most obnoxious shippers, but I doubt that any of us here are that extreme. If it's not completely ruining the topic, I don't see why it can't be discussed here.

  3. #4103
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSea View Post
    Why? The English speaking portion of the Digimon fanbase is rather infamous for being some of the most obnoxious shippers, but I doubt that any of us here are that extreme. If it's not completely ruining the topic, I don't see why it can't be discussed here.
    There is, however, a designated thread for shipping discussion exactly because not everybody is interested in it. I don't think how extreme the shipping is had anything to do with NeoDude asking it to be taken elsewhere.

  4. #4104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSea View Post
    Just for your information, Adventure 02 is awful. After the new Adventure series was announced, I marathoned the first 2 seasons. Adventure stands the test of time really well, and I loved it just as much as when I was little. 02 on the other hand... was a painful experience. It lacks the heart of the original and the writing is a mess in so many ways. And in terms of relationships, any hint of romance was made up by the English writers, and simply didn't exist in the Japanese version, so even the people dubbing it were clearly obsessed with shipping. X_x
    Wait hold on that's not true. The original anime is the one I watched very recently and there were plenty of romantic moments in 02.

    Matt/Sora unlike in the dub was hinted at in 01 but unfortunately the dub decided to go the route of Taiora and well we all know what happened there when Matt/Sora happened.

    T.K/Kari had the most hints even IN the original dub. Tailmon even said that "love connects the worlds" when T.K. was looking for Kari and that's not even the half of it. Their were plenty of hints and indications that they were going to happen. The finale poster has them holding hands as well.Their drama CD's Focus/Reflection are about each other. So I'm gonna have to humbly disagree with you for saying that 02 did not have any hints of romance in the original. That's just not true at all.

    As far as a plot they need to do we NEED to know more about the dark ocean. If they carry anything from 02, carry that plot because I found that very interesting.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 12th November 2014 at 7:21 AM.

  5. #4105
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,751

    Default

    Did Matt and Sora really even have that many interactions with each other? Even in the Japanese version I don't remember them talking with each other a lot, much less romantically.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th November 2014 at 8:56 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  6. #4106
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my own personal bubble
    Posts
    415

    Default

    My views on shipping is that it's all harmless fancy until something gets made canon, then at that point it should be thrown out the window. To paraphrase The Producers, "I'm the author, you're the audience; I outrank you!" I definitely hate it when shippers go the route of demonizing one half of a canon fair to work justify their preferred pairing that didn't go through. Harry Potter fans are infamous for that.

    So yeah, maybe the whole Matt/Sora thing was poorly handled, but if that's the way the writers wanted to go, then that's up to them. It's not that big of a deal anyways. I agree that if the new series is going to bring back one aspect from the old series to expand on, the Dark Ocean episode should be the highest priority, not who hooks up with who.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

  7. #4107
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    My views on shipping is that it's all harmless fancy until something gets made canon, then at that point it should be thrown out the window. To paraphrase The Producers, "I'm the author, you're the audience; I outrank you!" I definitely hate it when shippers go the route of demonizing one half of a canon fair to work justify their preferred pairing that didn't go through. Harry Potter fans are infamous for that.

    So yeah, maybe the whole Matt/Sora thing was poorly handled, but if that's the way the writers wanted to go, then that's up to them. It's not that big of a deal anyways. I agree that if the new series is going to bring back one aspect from the old series to expand on, the Dark Ocean episode should be the highest priority, not who hooks up with who.
    I'm not sure what we're talking about here. Are we talking about shippers trying to treat their ship as if it were canon, or shipping in general? If we're talking about the former, yeah, that has no weight against what the author does. But the latter shouldn't and isn't under any obligation to end when the story does; fanfiction exists largely for that reason, after all.

  8. #4108
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    So would anyone like to see Tai get VictoryGreymon?
    Walker Sleepover

  9. #4109
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Galaxy
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    My views on shipping is that it's all harmless fancy until something gets made canon, then at that point it should be thrown out the window. To paraphrase The Producers, "I'm the author, you're the audience; I outrank you!" I definitely hate it when shippers go the route of demonizing one half of a canon fair to work justify their preferred pairing that didn't go through. Harry Potter fans are infamous for that.

    So yeah, maybe the whole Matt/Sora thing was poorly handled, but if that's the way the writers wanted to go, then that's up to them. It's not that big of a deal anyways. I agree that if the new series is going to bring back one aspect from the old series to expand on, the Dark Ocean episode should be the highest priority, not who hooks up with who.
    Kakudou and Nishizono justified the Sorato because Kakudou disliked the idea of Idiot Hero gets the tsundere main girl. And also because in that time, the V-Tamer manga was still being published, so, Toei hadn't permission to touch Taichi's character more than minimal chara. development because Yaburo Ten'ya was still drawing the manga. That includes Toei was unable in that time to pair up Taichi with someone, even a side chara.

    Now, V-Tamer had ended and Taichi's character rights belongs fully to Bandai & Trollei. And given the season is a High School mon series, I minimum expect at least Trollei pulling a NaruHina to justify Taichi's child (maybe in the shape of an overly shy and girly side character or "token chosen children" who resembles Hikari Yagami in a lot of ways).

  10. #4110
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    So would anyone like to see Tai get VictoryGreymon?
    I most certainly don't see it happening, but damn would I be happy if it did.

  11. #4111
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    So would anyone like to see Tai get VictoryGreymon?
    Yeah, totally! If they introduce Slide Digivolution in the anime that is, since VictoryGreymon isn't a super Mega like Omnimon. That applies for ZeedGarurumon too.

    On subject of evolutions, do you guys think the other Digimon should get their Mega forms this time around?
    Last edited by NeoDude-5000; 13th November 2014 at 12:03 AM.

  12. #4112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Yeah, totally! If they introduce Slide Digivolution in the anime that is, since VictoryGreymon isn't a super Mega like Omnimon. That applies for ZeedGarurumon too
    Easy to fix. I've always wondered what a Omnimon created by a VictoryGreymon and ZdGarurumon would look like. I can see them giving Tai a whole new mega though
    Walker Sleepover

  13. #4113
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the Philippines
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSea View Post
    Just for your information, Adventure 02 is awful. After the new Adventure series was announced, I marathoned the first 2 seasons. Adventure stands the test of time really well, and I loved it just as much as when I was little. 02 on the other hand... was a painful experience. It lacks the heart of the original and the writing is a mess in so many ways.
    This probably doesn't matter but uh...did you watch it dubbed or subbed? But anyways, personally I think I won't find it "horrific" as you put it, if it was japanese, because I'd probably just be distracted by the music playing in the background. XP Eh, I love Xros Wars so I highly doubt I'll hate 02.


    Banner by Brutaka, Buttons and Userbar by Astral Shadow

  14. #4114
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCharredDragon View Post
    This probably doesn't matter but uh...did you watch it dubbed or subbed? But anyways, personally I think I won't find it "horrific" as you put it, if it was japanese, because I'd probably just be distracted by the music playing in the background. XP Eh, I love Xros Wars so I highly doubt I'll hate 02.
    02 is only passable in Japanese with good music. Not as good as Xros Wars in Japanese though they had really good music.

    Has anyone bought All Star Rumble? I did to support the Digimon movement in the West
    Walker Sleepover

  15. #4115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Has anyone bought All Star Rumble? I did to support the Digimon movement in the West
    I heard it was pretty bad, like for example the story mode dragged out for too long in each stage and evolving during battle is literally a game of cat and mouse.

  16. #4116
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I heard it was pretty bad, like for example the story mode dragged out for too long in each stage and evolving during battle is literally a game of cat and mouse.
    Each stage lasts about 2 minutes lol the problem is it's too short. You can beat the game in an hour digivolving is like a game of cat and mouse though. I'm praying that this game opens the way for Decode to come here
    Walker Sleepover

  17. #4117
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the Philippines
    Posts
    314

    Default

    @Lucille

    Still gonna watch it so I know what happened in all seasons and judge which ones are my favorites.

    I'd get it, just to play as Shoutmon and Dorulumon, but I don't have any platforms supportting it...


    Banner by Brutaka, Buttons and Userbar by Astral Shadow

  18. #4118
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Rumor from Logsoku, and transcribed here.

    デジモンアドベンチャー-00-
    2015年4月からフジテレビ系列にて放送
    太一達のイラスト公開
    ストーリー
    高校生に成長した太一の前に謎のデジモンが現れデジヴァイスが奪われてしまう
    アグモンの姿が見えなくなり戸惑う太一の前にどこからか声が聞こえてくる
    冒険が再び進化する
    ジャンプフェスタでアニメ映像公開

    "Digimon Adventure -00-
    It'll air in Fuji TV starting April 2015
    Released a picture of Taichi and the others.
    Story
    A mysteiours Digimon materializes before Taich, who has become a high school student, and steals his Digivice.
    A voice is heard in front of Taichi, who is perplexed after losing Agumon from sight.
    The adventure once again evolves.
    A clip will be shown at Jump Festa."

    That's from Withthewill.net. Is Rumor is true or false? I guess I a little bit don't believe this rumor...-_-
    Last edited by ashlamuness; 18th November 2014 at 4:17 AM.
    Please add me as Friend Code 0318 8035 5937.
    If you want, Don't forget PM me

  19. #4119
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlamuness View Post
    Rumor from Logsoku, and transcribed here.

    デジモンアドベンチャー-00-
    2015年4月からフジテレビ系列にて放送
    太一達のイラスト公開
    ストーリー
    高校生に成長した太一の前に謎のデジモンが現れデジヴァイスが奪われてしまう
    アグモンの姿が見えなくなり戸惑う太一の前にどこからか声が聞こえてくる
    冒険が再び進化する
    ジャンプフェスタでアニメ映像公開

    "Digimon Adventure -00-
    It'll air in Fuji TV starting April 2015
    Released a picture of Taichi and the others.
    Story
    A mysteiours Digimon materializes before Taich, who has become a high school student, and steals his Digivice.
    A voice is heard in front of Taichi, who is perplexed after losing Agumon from sight.
    The adventure once again evolves.
    A clip will be shown at Jump Festa."

    That's from Withthewill.net. Is Rumor is true or false? I guess I a little bit don't believe this rumor...-_-
    I'll assume hoax until proven otherwise, simply because it's easier that way. It seems a bit random to be a hoax, but I've thought that of things that have turned out to be fake before, so I'll wait and see.

    We'll know one way or the other by December 21st (or earlier, if something comes up before then), regardless.

  20. #4120
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'll assume hoax until proven otherwise, simply because it's easier that way. It seems a bit random to be a hoax, but I've thought that of things that have turned out to be fake before, so I'll wait and see.

    We'll know one way or the other by December 21st (or earlier, if something comes up before then), regardless.
    I guess you right. I agre with you, Akashin
    Please add me as Friend Code 0318 8035 5937.
    If you want, Don't forget PM me

  21. #4121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlamuness View Post
    Rumor from Logsoku, and transcribed here.
    If you are going to copy-paste my post, at least put it in a quote box and link back to it.
    The "here" in "transcribed here", as can be seen in my original With the Will post, is supposed to link to this, which is where I found it.

    By the way, as I said in my original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos
    Assuming this is correct, any idea on what "00" may mean?
    By the way, a Google search shows the name Digimon Adventure 00 (Twin Zero) exists since 2010. Seems like there's a Japanese fanfic with this name. However, this rumor is the only place I can find where it's spelt "-00-" instead of "00". Seems to be a hoax, but if it turns out to be accurate, it's probably a huge coincidence, or there's a name connection I'm missing.
    As someone answered me in that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Inpu
    -00- Could be meant as a kludge for an infinity symbol
    Original post.

    The fact it's also a fanfic title hinders the chances of it being the actual title.
    Anyway, here are the V Jump leaks, which seem to debunk the rumor.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 19th November 2014 at 12:16 AM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  22. #4122
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I wonder When the digiegg coming soon? that's weekly new digiegg not coming.... If maybe 21 Nov, there digiegg will coming soon.
    Please add me as Friend Code 0318 8035 5937.
    If you want, Don't forget PM me

  23. #4123
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    If you are going to copy-paste my post, at least put it in a quote box and link back to it.
    The "here" in "transcribed here", as can be seen in my original With the Will post, is supposed to link to this, which is where I found it.

    By the way, as I said in my original post:

    As someone answered me in that thread:

    Original post.

    The fact it's also a fanfic title hinders the chances of it being the actual title.
    Anyway, here are the V Jump leaks, which seem to debunk the rumor.
    Yes it definitely debunks that rumor.

  24. #4124
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236

    Default

    New Cyber Sleuth info. I don't have time to translate anything now, but we have a DigiFarm in the game, and a DigiLab, which I think was in the Story games, and you won't believe who is in the DigiLab.
    Also, it seems Omegamon is Nokia's Partner. In fact, I'm starting to think the Agumon and Gabumon we see so much in Cyber Sleuth pictures are actually Nokia's Partners, not the Protagonist's.

    Also, new Hackers. Fei, Jimmy KEN, and someone whose name's kanji is cut.
    Also, it seems Cyber Sleuth has been announced to be in Jump Festa.

    Pictures:
    Baidu.
    Kimi's Twitter: Here, here, here, here, and here.

    EDIT: It's Fei, not Jay. Fixed.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 19th November 2014 at 8:22 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  25. #4125
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I really really really hope this game comes to America.

Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •