Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4192

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Any idea when Digimon Adventure tri. will come to America?
    I'm way more excited for subs. Tamers subbed is probably my favorite. The music is unreal

I love Mimi's design and I pretty much dislike everyone else's, especially Tai's. He needs his goggles back, Daisuke! I can't wait to see the design of new digivices. Davis, Yolei, Ken and Cody should only have supporting roles. I'm really looking forward to new digivolutions and new animation for them.

The designs look bland IMO. At least Yamato is slaying as usual.

I don't want to see Daisuke, Miyako and the others back.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

Mimi and Sora look totes gorgeous and all, but I don't particularly like that art style. Tai's face looks a bit odd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    The designs look bland IMO. At least Yamato is slaying as usual.

I don't want to see Daisuke, Miyako and the others back.
    I agree with the designs but the Digimon designs might make up for it.

Sora and Kairi have the same face. That's so hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Red View Post
    I agree with the designs but the Digimon designs might make up for it.
    I think those are staying the same, except a little more rugged-like. Like they did with Pokemon Origins where everything was sharper and the humans had smaller eyes.

This sort of reminds me of the art style for Re: Digitize...

RADIANT BLAZE ~

I'm going to agree with the general opinion on this, I don't like the new style. Hopefully it looks better in the actual show and we see it in action, but it just looks pretty bland at the moment.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    This sort of reminds me of the art style for Re: Digitize...
    I can see the similarities if I squint, but this isn't Yasuda's work. The character designer for these did design work for Tsuritama a couple years ago, among other things.

As for me, I don't know, I really like them. Maybe the design choice just strikes a chord with me, but the only one I'm iffy about is Hikari (and that could easily change when we get a better look at them).

I, personally, have to say that the picture looks like the most ridiculous group photo in the history of the world.

As to the character design, I'd have to agree that most of the characters seem bland. Maybe that's the school uniforms talking.

I cannot begin to convey how hilarious it was to find out this new season will be set in high school, since I've only ever seen the dub of season 2 and I am almost 100% certain it said that all the season 1 characters except TK and Kari were in college (Joe, specifically, in med school).

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

The high-school design is a bit generic, but I still prefer it to the stick figure look that every Digimon series except for Savers has used. We'll just have to see how it goes.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Speaking of which, the Savers designs were much better IMO.

These ones really give low budget teas.

Speaking of which, the Savers designs were much better IMO.
    That was mostly because the cast there was much older than the usual 12-year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That was mostly because the cast there was much older than the usual 12-year olds.
    In appearance, anyway. Masaru and Thoma were still only 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    In appearance, anyway. Masaru and Thoma were still only 14.
    Yeah, IIRC Yoshino was 18 while Masaru/Tohma were 14.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Sora and Kairi have the same face. That's so hilarious.

I think those are staying the same, except a little more rugged-like. Like they did with Pokemon Origins where everything was sharper and the humans had smaller eyes.
    I'm expecting more of a movie artwork for the Digimon.

Someone on Twitter changed the faces to the old art style https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackStar...779840/photo/1

I prevere this
    Last edited by Crimson Red; 14th December 2014 at 6:24 PM.

I need to come to this thread more, I have no idea why I don't post here.

In response to the poster release, I did a triple take when I saw the poster and had a small freakout, because I have no idea what I'm looking at. It doesn't feel like Digimon at all. So they've grown up, okay, but it's like they all went to the same plastic surgeon, and it's just... It's either the ugliest thing I ever saw, or it's a new way to break away from the Digimon style. It's a shame Mamoru Hosoda's not involved with Digimon anymore, because I think this series needs his touch more.

Now I'm getting worried as to what the Digimon redesigns are going to look like.

And I just now realized that Daivs, Yolei, Cody, and Ken aren't in the picture. Does this mean they're ignoring Zero Two, or are they just not going to be involved whatsoever? You'd think they'd show them off with the other eight.

These ones really give low budget teas.
    Toei Animation's just been in a rut lately, haven't they. It's like they blew their budget on Dragon Ball Z these days or something.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I need to come to this thread more, I have no idea why I don't post here.

In response to the poster release, I did a triple take when I saw the poster and had a small freakout, because I have no idea what I'm looking at. It doesn't feel like Digimon at all. So they've grown up, okay, but it's like they all went to the same plastic surgeon, and it's just... It's either the ugliest thing I ever saw, or it's a new way to break away from the Digimon style. It's a shame Mamoru Hosoda's not involved with Digimon anymore, because I think this series needs his touch more.

Now I'm getting worried as to what the Digimon redesigns are going to look like.

And I just now realized that Daivs, Yolei, Cody, and Ken aren't in the picture. Does this mean they're ignoring Zero Two, or are they just not going to be involved whatsoever? You'd think they'd show them off with the other eight.

Toei Animation's just been in a rut lately, haven't they. It's like they blew their budget on Dragon Ball Z these days or something.
    It's called Digimon Adventure Tri so 02 isn't being retconned. Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken will likely have supporting roles. IIRC, in 02 when Gennai gave Gatomon her tail ring back, the 02 gang lost the ability to DNA Digivolve, so they might not be strong enough to be more then supporting characters.

It's called Digimon Adventure Tri so 02 isn't being retconned. Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken will likely have supporting roles. IIRC, in 02 when Gennai gave Gatomon her tail ring back, the 02 gang lost the ability to DNA Digivolve, so they might not be strong enough to be more then supporting characters.
    I know the cast of Zero Two is not well-liked in some circles, but I don't mind them. If they're supporting characters, all right then, but it's going to be a bit sad to not see them as much as they weren't too bad of characters in their own right. But if I remember correctly, the Champion Digivolutions of Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, and Wormmon aren't bad at fighting (I remember Stingmon being awesome). In fact, I kinda wish we could see their Ultimate Digivolutions, or perhaps Warp Digivolutions (though I personally want to see some Dark Digivolutions like with what happened with Greymon becoming SkullGreymon). So if they were to be more active here, while DNA Digivolving's not going to happen, natural Digivolving shouldn't be a big issue.

I dunno, while I'm happy we get the old gang back, I still don't think it's good that the Zero Two characters should have to take a backseat. But if they're doing that so they can not worry about juggling too many characters than they can handle, that's a reasonable option, though Digimon's always had a huge cast, so that doesn't really make sense to me. *shrugs*
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I don't give a crap about the characters of 02, I care about the plot developments introduced. If it means 02 isn't retconned that means there will be a lot of kids running around with digivices and the people of the world will already know about them. It's a story aspect that appeals to me and I really don't like that the only series that addresses this is 02 and Young Hunters.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I don't give a crap about the characters of 02, I care about the plot developments introduced. If it means 02 isn't retconned that means there will be a lot of kids running around with digivices and the people of the world will already know about them. It's a story aspect that appeals to me and I really don't like that the only series that addresses this is 02 and Young Hunters.
    I hate that concept so so much. If everyone has a Digimon, then the cast isn't very special. Maybe this is why I find 02 and Young Hunters(til the crossover extravaganza) weaker then 01 and Xros Wars Arc 1 and 2.

I'd love to see it where no one can access the Digital World and the Digital World re chooses the Original Chosen Children to save it once more, arming them with new digivices.

I've heard a rumor that the original voice actor for Tai would be willing to come out of retirement for tri

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    If it means 02 isn't retconned that means there will be a lot of kids running around with digivices and the people of the world will already know about them. It's a story aspect that appeals to me and I really don't like that the only series that addresses this is 02 and Young Hunters.
    Wasn't Digimon acknowledged in the real world in Tamers, though? It was probably just a concept as a card game, given the alternative-universe setting, but I was pretty sure more people knew of it, at least as a card game. I've been meaning to get around to rewatching Tamers because while I have seen it as a kid, I don't remember it very well.

Speaking of plot developments, think Dark Ocean will come back since it got royally screwed over in Zero Two?

I hate that concept so so much. If everyone has a Digimon, then the cast isn't very special. Maybe this is why I find 02 and Young Hunters(til the crossover extravaganza) weaker then 01 and Xros Wars Arc 1 and 2.
    IIRC, apparently in order to be a DigiDestined (at least according to the Adventure series), you have to have seen a Digimon. (Though I don't know how Oikawa got to have a Digimon who was waiting for him for so many years, my memory's fuzzy on that.) That was how the original eight came to being, because they saw Digimon in person. All of the kids in Zero Two who got a Digimon saw the battle with Diaboromon and Omnimon, so there's a high chance all of those children were able to become a DigiDestined. Though I think Gennai said that DigiDestined are predestined, so...

Well, all I know is not everyone is able to be a DigiDestined. I think people can have a Digimon, but not everyone can be the Chosen Ones to save both worlds. Then again, all of the kids in Zero Two saved the world, but it was still a bullshit deus ex machina.

It's been a long while since I last saw Digimon all the way through. I think it was all established/explained in the first season, but I only have the first DVD volume of the first season before the Myotismon arc.

I've heard a rumor that the original voice actor for Tai would be willing to come out of retirement for tri
    I didn't know she retired, lol. But if they could get all the original voices back, that'd be fantastic. I would even be all for it for the English dub if that were to ever happen, but something tells me that's not going to be happen.
    I survived Pupa.

Wasn't Digimon acknowledged in the real world in Tamers, though? It was probably just a concept as a card game, given the alternative-universe setting, but I was pretty sure more people knew of it, at least as a card game. I've been meaning to get around to rewatching Tamers because while I have seen it as a kid, I don't remember it very well.

Speaking of plot developments, think Dark Ocean will come back since it got royally screwed over in Zero Two?

IIRC, apparently in order to be a DigiDestined (at least according to the Adventure series), you have to have seen a Digimon. (Though I don't know how Oikawa got to have a Digimon who was waiting for him for so many years, my memory's fuzzy on that.) That was how the original eight came to being, because they saw Digimon in person. All of the kids in Zero Two who got a Digimon saw the battle with Diaboromon and Omnimon, so there's a high chance all of those children were able to become a DigiDestined. Though I think Gennai said that DigiDestined are predestined, so...

Well, all I know is not everyone is able to be a DigiDestined. I think people can have a Digimon, but not everyone can be the Chosen Ones to save both worlds. Then again, all of the kids in Zero Two saved the world, but it was still a bullshit deus ex machina.

It's been a long while since I last saw Digimon all the way through. I think it was all established/explained in the first season, but I only have the first DVD volume of the first season before the Myotismon arc.

I didn't know she retired, lol. But if they could get all the original voices back, that'd be fantastic. I would even be all for it for the English dub if that were to ever happen, but something tells me that's not going to be happen.
    I recently watched 01 and 02 and you're mostly right. The only children who were actually Chosen are the Originals and Davis, Yolei and Cody. Oikawa had a partner because he interacted with Digimon in a game but he never was Chosen to save the world because he was an adult by the time the world needed saving. It was established in the epilogue that everyone in the world had a partner :/

I like the character designs. They look less dumb than the original Adventure/02 designs.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

I don't think Digimon 02 will be retconed but I hope they change some things and just ignore some plots like BlackWargreymon, eww.
    She already voiced Taichi in the Digimon Adventure game for PSP. I think the only voice actar that didn't come back was Takeru's.

Yeah they knew it existed in game form, but I want people to acknowledge that they actually exist. Kinda like how in the new Jurassic World movie for example people have become adjusted to seeing dinosaurs.

But it's so overused in every story ever. It's boring to be honest, besides there's other ways of making characters special without letting them be the only ones with digimon.
    Last edited by diakyu; 15th December 2014 at 6:55 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168 LastLast