Page 171 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4471

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

Yep almost there now, but DemiDevimon still needs a good bat-tering on the official website as we are halfway there. Still can't wait for the new series! Gonna be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Yep almost there now, but DemiDevimon still needs a good bat-tering on the official website as we are halfway there. Still can't wait for the new series! Gonna be awesome
    I only just now noticed the games, but holy crap am I having a hard time with them XD. I like sliding puzzles, but I can never get the hang of them, so I'm struggling even with the 3x3 one, lol--doesn't help it's on a time-limit. The typing one's easier, though with the second typing one, you have to translate the Digimon writing into romanji. That's a toughie even with the guide.

I apparently won three points... I guess wait, I think I won six now? Perhaps that could help in beating up DemiDevimon. Or how does it keep score for every person that visits? I don't know how the site works |D.

I have a feeling DemiDevimon's not going away that easily. We have a few weeks to go before the show's expected to air, so I guess we'll get something before then.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I only just now noticed the games, but holy crap am I having a hard time with them XD. I like sliding puzzles, but I can never get the hang of them, so I'm struggling even with the 3x3 one, lol--doesn't help it's on a time-limit. The typing one's easier, though with the second typing one, you have to translate the Digimon writing into romanji. That's a toughie even with the guide.

I apparently won three points... I guess wait, I think I won six now? Perhaps that could help in beating up DemiDevimon. Or how does it keep score for every person that visits? I don't know how the site works |D.

I have a feeling DemiDevimon's not going away that easily. We have a few weeks to go before the show's expected to air, so I guess we'll get something before then.
    Yeah hopefully V-Jump gives us some pre-release information like the premier day, synopsis, screenshots, character profiles (for new characters and the rest of the Digidestined), opening and ending themes all of that stuff

Demidouchebag is gone and Nade-Nade has returned.

It seems the Egg will hatch today, as it's moving really fast. Guess they're artificially lowering the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Demidouchebag is gone and Nade-Nade has returned.

It seems the Egg will hatch today, as it's moving really fast. Guess they're artificially lowering the counter.
    Would have been nice if they had just left the whole egg thing in the hands of the fans, rather than putting in pointless roadblocks and then seemingly expediting it when they're ready (this isn't the first time, I don't think). Makes the whole thing more than a little pointless.

And. Here. We. Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Would have been nice if they had just left the whole egg thing in the hands of the fans, rather than putting in pointless roadblocks and then seemingly expediting it when they're ready (this isn't the first time, I don't think). Makes the whole thing more than a little pointless.
    Considering the rate the last two Eggs went before the block, we'd be finished. They have to pad out the info.

DemiDevimon's finally gone! (Yeah go back to Myotismon and tell you've failed, and don't come back again!!!) Like the new poster, the gang's all here! Also on the website does it say that Butter-Fly and Brave Heart are going to be featured in the series? (as the opening and the "commonly played" insert song respectively)

Now all that's left is to hatch Pabumon (Tentomon) and then we are good to go! And let's just hope no one else comes hacking the website again. (yeah I'm talking to you Diaboromon!)

I'm pretty sure that's the same type of vehicle they rode back to our world at the end of the first season. I was started to wonder if it was intended to be the same one (as a way to indicate they rode it back to the Digital World), but I realized that wouldn't make much sense of the heavy plant growth on it. It's probably just the same sort of vehicle to show that some things have remained the same, with overgrowth to indicate that it has been a while.

Overall, I think that's a pretty cool picture!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Ha ha, I actually had a feeling DemiDevimon was leaving by today! I noticed the bars at the side were steadily going down, and they were at two bars yesterday, so I figured today was going to be the day. But damn, I wish I saw DemiDevimon fall.

I'm still not used to the character designs (ew, ew, Izzy, Kari, no!), but I'm really glad the Digimon still look the same. Gatomon's adorable, she was one of my most anxious to see but awwww her eyes are closed :(, and I wonder if Palmon's kept the hat all this time it never showed up in Zero Two that I can remember. I'm also happy to see "Butter-Fly" and "Brave Heart" are still going to be featured in the show, though I am excited to see what the OP is going to be. Now I'm just waiting to see who is composing the music for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Now all that's left is to hatch Pabumon (Tentomon) and then we are good to go! And let's just hope no one else comes hacking the website again. (yeah I'm talking to you Diaboromon!)
    Hey, I think that'd be really cool. At least Diaboromon makes more sense than DemiDevimon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the same type of vehicle they rode back to our world at the end of the first season. I was started to wonder if it was intended to be the same one (as a way to indicate they rode it back to the Digital World), but I realized that wouldn't make much sense of the heavy plant growth on it. It's probably just the same sort of vehicle to show that some things have remained the same, with overgrowth to indicate that it has been a while.
    I'm trying to remember if there were similar vehicles in the area in the last episode, but I can only think of the one. So it's probably the same one that returned to the Digital World after dropping the children off in their world. Even if it doesn't show up in the show itself, it's good to know that they at least are making nods to the first season.

Now that I'm thinking about it, are we ever going to see what Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken look like, or are they holding off on it until the show airs?
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

@Kutie Pie: I'm starting to think that the 02 Digidestined won't appear in Tri. Or at least just be minor characters. The anime is debuting next month and still no mention or artwork of them.

Personally, I think it's for the best. Aside from Ken, I never cared for them. Besides, focusing on four extra digidestined would be a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    @Kutie Pie: I'm starting to think that the 02 Digidestined won't appear in Tri. Or at least just be minor characters. The anime is debuting next month and still no mention or artwork of them.

Personally, I think it's for the best. Aside from Ken, I never cared for them. Besides, focusing on four extra digidestined would be a bit too much.
    I don't care if they're minor characters, if this truly is a sequel to Zero Two, and thus not retconning it (which honestly isn't a good idea even though the season isn't the best Digimon had to offer), they'll have to show up eventually, even if they're just cameos or throwaway mentions. As few as there are, I'm sure fans of the characters are wondering the same thing. I dunno, I guess I just want some closure/proof that Zero Two will be left alone for the most part, even though it would be nice for them to expand on a few dropped plotlines from the season.

In fact, I just thought about it last night, but if Zero Two indeed has been left alone, would that mean it's possible to see Oikawa, at least in the database of the Digital World? He wished himself as energy to heal the Digital World at the end of the series, so that would mean he is a part of the Digital World, yes? I also expect Gennai to show up, though that's most likely a given.

Just found out about this, and man am I excited! First 2 series aired on TV here in Belgium and I was a huge fan. Never bothered to look up the rest of the series though. Is it worth watching? Can't wait to see this though, my inner child just got a boost.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    • Training my Pokémon from the other regions
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

I'm trying to remember if there were similar vehicles in the area in the last episode, but I can only think of the one. So it's probably the same one that returned to the Digital World after dropping the children off in their world. Even if it doesn't show up in the show itself, it's good to know that they at least are making nods to the first season.
    It dropped them off in our world? As in, then it returned to the Digital World? I simply do not remember. But if so, then maybe it is supposed to be the same one!

Now that I'm thinking about it, are we ever going to see what Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken look like, or are they holding off on it until the show airs?
    I hope so! I had no significantly large problem with the second season of Digimon (and still don't, even after reading the numerous debates in this thread), so I'd consider it a shame if that led them to exclude characters in this new season because of some people disliking various aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    Just found out about this, and man am I excited! First 2 series aired on TV here in Belgium and I was a huge fan. Never bothered to look up the rest of the series though. Is it worth watching? Can't wait to see this though, my inner child just got a boost.
    I think very few of the people in this thread will tell you that only the first two seasons were worthwhile. Don't get me wrong; there are people who will tell you they disliked this season or that one and that it was not worth watching. But because they break it down by season, I can tell you there is overwhelming consensus that some things after the first two seasons were good, perhaps even great.

For my part, I'm not really sure I have a favorite, but I do have one that I liked least: the fourth season. However, I haven't seen the sixth season (Digimon Fusion in America, Digimon Xros Wars in Japan, don't know if it's called by any other names). What I have heard of it does not generally sound like something that I'd like.

Even then, I'm not sure I'd say that any of these are not worth watching. Even some of the ones I like had things that caused me to see how they could have done better.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Just found out about this, and man am I excited! First 2 series aired on TV here in Belgium and I was a huge fan. Never bothered to look up the rest of the series though. Is it worth watching?
    FightingPikachu basically gave his answer, and it's a good one. I personally will say that each other season do bring something new to the table in terms of the Digimon franchise, and it may or may not be to your liking, but it doesn't hurt to try. You just need to keep in mind that every season after Zero Two take place in alternatives universes, so don't expect too many callbacks to the original or the previous seasons. There's shout-outs, of course, and Tamers acknowledges the anime--because it is a TV show in this universe--but they're their own separate entities, and should be treated as such.

And of course, like all things Digimon, it does take a bit for each anime to pick up and become something unique (in Tamers, the children don't go to the Digital World until halfway into the show, though prior to it, the show was already becoming something special), but at least you'll (hopefully) enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    It dropped them off in our world? As in, then it returned to the Digital World? I simply do not remember. But if so, then maybe it is supposed to be the same one!
    Well, there most likely were other vehicles in the area, but that one was in "working order" specifically to take the kids back (Gennai has a bad habit of telling the kids so little with so little time--he's a dick like that). If it didn't go back, then it didn't, but it'd be cool if it was, lol.

For my part, I'm not really sure I have a favorite, but I do have one that I liked least: the fourth season.
    I probably asked this question elsewhere on the 'Net and not here, but what's with all the hate towards Frontier? I don't get it at all. The season does have its problems, I won't deny it, but it wasn't that bad of a season. I thought it was cool for the kids to become Digimon themselves, so that way they got into the action (for once) instead of standing around while their Digimon partners did all the fighting. It was probably a metaphor for Digimon and humans being "one" or something, but I still think it's cool. I also remember liking the villains for the most part.

But it has been years since I last saw it (and I do remember watching all of the episodes of this season as a kid compared to Tamers), so I'll have to go back and rewatch it one of these days. I just have of yet to get around to Savers, the season I purposefully neglected because it looked too different (I remember having a little moment at first when I saw the main character had an Agumon and got a bit mad, I had forgotten that anyone can have any Digimon they were destined to have). It was also because it only aired on Jetix/XD, and I never had cable, but that's not much of an excuse, really, especially since I recall the show being all on YouTube around that time or so.

@ FightingPikachu & Kutie Pie
    Thnx for the info! I might get back into Digimon after I finish up with Yu-Gi-Oh

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    • Training my Pokémon from the other regions
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

@ FightingPikachu & Kutie Pie
    Thnx for the info! I might get back into Digimon after I finish up with Yu-Gi-Oh
    Glad I could help!

You just need to keep in mind that every season after Zero Two take place in alternatives universes, so don't expect too many callbacks to the original or the previous seasons.
    I'm glad someone covered that since I didn't. Thanks for pointing it out!

If it didn't go back, then it didn't, but it'd be cool if it was, lol.
    Oh yeah!

I probably asked this question elsewhere on the 'Net and not here, but what's with all the hate towards Frontier? I don't get it at all. The season does have its problems, I won't deny it, but it wasn't that bad of a season. I thought it was cool for the kids to become Digimon themselves, so that way they got into the action (for once) instead of standing around while their Digimon partners did all the fighting. It was probably a metaphor for Digimon and humans being "one" or something, but I still think it's cool. I also remember liking the villains for the most part.
    I definitely wouldn't say I hated it. However, I think I mentioned a few pages back that one thing I tend to like is balance among the main cast. That was something, in my view, that really did detract from the overall coolness of that season. Only two Mega-level Digimon? No problem. I've seen that before and it was plenty cool. Everyone else is (as long as I am correct about this) two levels below that? That is not what I prefer to see.

Oh, and to be sure, I have no complaints against the concept of the kids becoming Digimon. And I wouldn't want to imply that there is a HUGE difference between how much I enjoyed the seasons, just that the fourth is the one I liked least of the ones I've seen any of.

But it has been years since I last saw it (and I do remember watching all of the episodes of this season as a kid compared to Tamers), so I'll have to go back and rewatch it one of these days. I just have of yet to get around to Savers, the season I purposefully neglected because it looked too different (I remember having a little moment at first when I saw the main character had an Agumon and got a bit mad, I had forgotten that anyone can have any Digimon they were destined to have). It was also because it only aired on Jetix/XD, and I never had cable, but that's not much of an excuse, really, especially since I recall the show being all on YouTube around that time or so.
    Aside from Digimon Fusion (of which I have seen no episodes), Digimon Data Squad may be the season I've seen the least of. Despite that, I can think of quite a few things I liked about it! Not only does it have a great balance of levels among the main cast of Digimon partners (though I can't seem to recall all of the Mega-level Digimon), it also has a large number of interesting elements that helped make previous seasons great, and even some interesting elements that seem similar to things that are not connected to Digimon!

You have an evil human who uses Digimon to do evil (similar but not identical to several points in the second season), an organization that attempts to keep the public from finding out about Digimon (like Hypnos in season three, only this time they're the good guys!), characters who are for different reasons both human and Digimon (like the previous two seasons, only this time more of them are the bad guys!), artificial Digimon (season two; I realize there is some overlap with the previous category), and a non-Digimon final enemy (like season three, only not as cool in my opinion). But that isn't the end.

Combine that with the detective show-sequel feeling of some of the early episodes of that season, the way DATS seems clearly modeled in part on the operations of Men in Black (which I find intriguing even though I'm not an MIB fan), a thing or two I've forgotten because it's been a while, and the fact that Marcus at one point even asks Agumon something like "Why don't you get in the Digivice like other Digimon?" (which should be so obvious to anyone on these Forums), and I think it all indicates the writers really drew so much of the right inspiration from some neat sources!

EDIT: 1,500th post!
    Last edited by TheFightingPikachu; 14th March 2015 at 8:42 PM.

Seeing all the plant overgrowth over the (for lack of a better word) iconic bus is strangely meta. Like it's just been sitting there waiting for 15 years while everybody else moved on with their lives. We've seen a whole bunch of posters now, but this is the first to even come close to telling me anything about the story.

Also, does Joe not look kind of young in that shot? He looks more like I'd expect Kenta from Tamers to look aged up. Speaking of which, I know it's a million to one chance, but I kind of hope that's the next thing to come out after Tri.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    Speaking of which, I know it's a million to one chance, but I kind of hope that's the next thing to come out after Tri.
    Another Tamers season? Nah, I think it ended perfectly and doesn't need any sort of follow up. Besides, I don't know if Chiaki Konaka is even associated with Toei anymore, or if he would be interested in writing for Digimon again. There's a chance he could come up with something fresh while keeping true to his style, but I don't know if Toei would let him have the freedom he had in Tamers. It's been over ten years now, policies might've changed over there.

Another Tamers season? Nah, I think it ended perfectly and doesn't need any sort of follow up. Besides, I don't know if Chiaki Konaka is even associated with Toei anymore, or if he would be interested in writing for Digimon again. There's a chance he could come up with something fresh while keeping true to his style, but I don't know if Toei would let him have the freedom he had in Tamers. It's been over ten years now, policies might've changed over there.
    I agree. I loved the ending we got, and Message in the Packet (I vastly prefer it to Runaway Locomon, personally) worked nicely as a bittersweet follow-up. Even if Chiaki got to be involved--I know no more about the particulars of that possibility than you do--I honestly wouldn't want to see it continued.

I understand. It's pretty much just wishful thinking on my part, as it was my favorite Digimon series. Plus, I personally wasn't that fond of the ending to Tamers, I felt it was a bit contrived in certain areas.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

I love the first season my childhood. But I really hate 02 , the mains characters are pathetics. But digimon tri is ova or a serie tv????

Quote Originally Posted by Hayate_yorozuya View Post
    I love the first season my childhood. But I really hate 02 , the mains characters are pathetics. But digimon tri is ova or a serie tv????
    TV series sequel to both Adventure and 02, focusing on the Adventure cast.

Spoiler:- image:
    Ugh. they look so bland, esp. Sora, Kōshirō and Hikari, while Jou seriously looks younger than in 02, ironic isn't it?

At least Taichi, Yamato & Mimi look fine. As for the Digimon, only Piyomon & Tailmon are giving me life.

I'm fine with Brave Heart coming back, still i'm gonna miss Takanori Arisawa's OST in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Ugh. they look so bland, esp. Sora, Kōshirō and Hikari, while Jou seriously looks younger than in 02, ironic isn't it?
    Okay, now that a few people brought it up, and I've been kinda-sorta revisiting Zero Two, you're right. I want to say he got a haircut, but...

I'm fine with Brave Heart coming back, still i'm gonna miss Takanori Arisawa's OST in this one.
    Yeah, I agree. I can kinda see them bringing back revised pieces of the soundtrack while still composing original music for it, but it'd kinda stick out like a sore thumb if it did, to be frank. Takanori Arisawa had a distinct style in his music, and unless the composer can imitate it, or at least be able to integrate it well-enough that one wouldn't know the difference, it's probably for the best they get an entirely new soundtrack with exception of the remixes of "Butter-Fly" and "Brave Heart".

I swear, I'm going to scream happily the moment I watch this new intro for the first time.

Also, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I don't know when they'll start letting us nade-nade the last egg, and we still have no known airing date. I suspect it'll start happening by the end of the month, but it's just making me squirm. I hope this doesn't become another Sailor Moon Crystal in that it takes another couple of years to come out--and then it comes out looking crappy. (For the love of all that is holy, Toei, please treat this season with respect.)
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 20th March 2015 at 5:13 PM.

[SPOILER]
    [/SPOILER]
    And. Here. We. Go!
    Eh....the art isn't bad but it doesn't seem to have as much "soul" about it so to speak, plus the samefacing bothers me a bit. Other than that I'm hyped.

Page 171 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast