Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170
Results 4,226 to 4,247 of 4247

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

It's like everyone but the Digimon are getting makeovers. It's a clash of two art styles.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Master Quest Map)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Can DemiDevimon just buzz off the web already!!!

More V-Jump news, just showing Matt and Gabumon nothing special. Basically the same news as last time

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-adventure-tri
    The new art style used for the human characters still makes me gag, especially when it's compared to the art of the Digimon themselves. Some consistency would've been nice. Alas.

Digimon always look the same, even in series like Data Squad, which also had a different art style.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Digimon always look the same, even in series like Data Squad, which also had a different art style.
    I take it you're talking about the Digimon themselves, but if you also mean the humans, Savers has little to no relation to Adventures, thus the art style is particular to and consistent with that particular universe. Tri is a confirmed sequel to Adventures and Zero Two. The change in art style for the humans is jarring, to me, because of that lack of consistency. Looking up the ending to Young Hunters because I haven't seen it, they kept the characters from the previous seasons the same. Why did they go with a vastly different character design here? I don't care that they've grown up now, why don't they still look at least identical to how they were in Zero Two? It doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 18th February 2015 at 2:07 AM.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%

The old Adventure art style isn't even that good. It's way too dated to see it in 2015. The amount of people complaining about this is kind of funny. I think people are just upset that the new Adventure art isn't perfectly fitting their nostalgia of the old show.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 24 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    The old Adventure art style isn't even that good. It's way too dated to see it in 2015. The amount of people complaining about this is kind of funny. I think people are just upset that the new Adventure art isn't perfectly fitting their nostalgia of the old show.
    I'm sure it's just as much that some people simply don't like the new style as it is an issue of it not meshing up with the dated originals (which I perfectly understand, even if I do love and am perfectly happy with the new designs for the most part). Chalking it all up to nostalgia glasses is a bit unfair, even if it is most definitely a part of it.

It doesn't matter if the art style is different just as long they're the same character we know and love. That's what counts right?

Speaking of Yamato.

I wonder if he and Sora will be in a romantic relationship in Tri? They were married in the epilogue, so I think we will see their relationship start to develop

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    I'm sure it's just as much that some people simply don't like the new style as it is an issue of it not meshing up with the dated originals (which I perfectly understand, even if I do love and am perfectly happy with the new designs for the most part). Chalking it all up to nostalgia glasses is a bit unfair, even if it is most definitely a part of it.
    What Akashin said. And I think the old style could've been updated without making the changes so drastic--what I saw in Young Hunters looked clean even though Tai's still eleven in there, so I suppose that unfortunately doesn't mean much even though he didn't really look too different in Zero Two. I think what made Digimon stand out from other shounen titles--to me, anyway--was the art style. No matter what the series was, no matter the universe, Digimon still looked like Digimon even if the Digimon themselves weren't in the same picture. I don't know if it was done that way on purpose to look more like your typical shounen title (and thus look more like a children's show), even though that assumption seems a bit out there when Savers was made for a more older demographic.

The character designer for Tri, Atsuya Uki, is talented, Cencoroll was an amazing creation. However, I don't feel his unique style fits with the Digimon universe especially with the drastic makeover; it literally took me a triple-take at the poster before I realized they were the original eight because I didn't recognize any of them from a glance, which to me is poor design (and it's essential when it comes to well-known characters). It doesn't help that he tends to make characters look the same (usually in the faces, but even in the body shape as well), and it shows for Tri. Yes, you can argue that the original Digimon's the exact same way, but it was clear their faces looked slightly different from one-another, particularly with the eyes even though I always felt the hairstyle made the characters, lol.

So why the Digimon still look the same even though I guess he drew them as well, I guess it's because they're Digimon, their data's not really meant to change their appearance without tampering with it. Or on a meta-level, it's because they know people will complain more about the changes with the Digimon than with the human characters even though the two styles completely bump heads too much, but who really knows at this point. I don't know why they just didn't keep Akihiro Asanuma for this, whether it's because of the reception of Xros Wars or because they typically do change character designers for each season.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    It doesn't matter if the art style is different just as long they're the same character we know and love. That's what counts right?
    I'm pretty sure the characters are going to go through character development here, so I don't think they'll be the "same". About two/three years have passed from Zero Two (and because the characters were kinda shoved aside for the new cast outside of T.K. and Kari, they didn't really get much further development that I can remember outside of Matt and Tai), so I'm sure they've changed a bit. As long as they haven't progressed to who they used to be or are completely different characters, I don't think we'll have to worry about it. But I don't think any of the original staff is returning, so I'm being cautious about this. I want to make an effort to not judge the very first episode, maybe once every 12/13 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Speaking of Yamato.

I wonder if he and Sora will be in a romantic relationship in Tri? They were married in the epilogue, so I think we will see their relationship start to develop
    Most likely yes, given this picture.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 18th February 2015 at 6:59 PM.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Most likely yes, given this picture.
    Poor Joe. He was a very reserved young adult in 02 but now he's back to being a butt monkey.

Mimi seems to have fallen from being a pop idol...

And TK looks...more childish with that pose he's doing.

You can only learn how when you break down the barriers pushing others away... ~Made by yours truly~

I'm not sure why a piece of fanart would mean anything.

Oh, wow. I just noticed this piece is actually more cartoony-looking than the official one where Sora shares the same face with Kari.

I like the new art style i don't see why people don't like it. Also Agumon does look incredibly different, why are people in denial about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I like the new art style i don't see why people don't like it. Also Agumon does look incredibly different, why are people in denial about this?
    Somehow we never noticed, but really, the upgrade is nonexistent.

So will the 02 digidestined appear in tri, or is it just going to focus on the original eight? They have been mentioned or featured in artwork, so I think this might be the case

It's fan-art? Well... huh. Now I see. Dammit, MAL.

But that still doesn't take away the fact the two will end up together anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post

No one's in denial, Agumon still looks like Agumon. It honestly has been years since I last saw Agumon from the front as he was from the first season, but he looks no different than from before, he just has a subtle upgraded style.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    So will the 02 digidestined appear in tri, or is it just going to focus on the original eight? They have been mentioned or featured in artwork, so I think this might be the case
    Considering Tri is confirmed to be a direct sequel from Zero Two, they'll be in the show, but it doesn't look like they'll be the main characters. I'm still waiting for any official artwork of them, but they might just wait until the show airs.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 19th February 2015 at 12:24 AM.

I like the new human designs, i just wish the digimon had a more similar art style. It's odd seeing them together.
    Hopefully we'll see an animated preview soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    No one's in denial, Agumon still looks like Agumon. It honestly has been years since I last saw Agumon from the front as he was from the first season, but he looks no different than from before, he just has a subtle upgraded style.
    No one says it doesn't look like Agumon, but that doesn't mean that there aren't differences between the two designs. The newer one has a slimmer body, arms and legs compared to his original design, and his head does look bigger when comparing it to his body.

It's definitely not as drastic as the Savers redesign, but there are still some differences between the two artstyles.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

are they gonna be in those horrid uniforms the whole time? *eye twitches*
    Beauty is Everything
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-grounds Come to My Shop :3
    FC:0232-9103-5324 IGN:Chris
    LF: Demo code for super smash bros for 3DS (if you have a extra code PM me)

They wore casual clothes in 02 despite being portrayed in their uniforms in stock art and the opening, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    No one says it doesn't look like Agumon, but that doesn't mean that there aren't differences between the two designs. The newer one has a slimmer body, arms and legs compared to his original design, and his head does look bigger when comparing it to his body.

It's definitely not as drastic as the Savers redesign, but there are still some differences between the two artstyles.
    It's no different from Pikachu's redesign, I get it, but really, the changes are pretty subtle. And I've always thought Agumon's head looked bigger than the rest of his body, but I guess he really was just... well, tubby. I tend to remember Agumon from a three-quarters or side profile anyway, it wasn't that often you saw him straight-on, and his large head's always stuck out to me in memory.

Now I'm starting to think Gatomon will get a slimmer design, but I keep forgetting she had a belly anyway. Honestly, as long as the Digimon look the same regardless of a slimmer (subtle) redesign, I'm not going to be bothered by it.

Since I'm thinking about it, I'm actually looking forward to see how they handle the Digivolving sequences--fixing the CGI for the Digivolutions will be most welcome.

Agumon received the Skinny! Pikachu treatment which I'm personally not a fan of. The new art design is also not my cup a tea but maybe it will look better in motion than in pictures. I'm here for more character development for Joe & Mimi while Tai gets some amazing love interest.

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170