Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4395

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

  1. #4276
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    regarding Joe, one thing I noticed is that his hair changes color lol.

    It used to be blue, even in 02, but in that poster it's black.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  2. #4277
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Eh....the art isn't bad but it doesn't seem to have as much "soul" about it so to speak, plus the samefacing bothers me a bit. Other than that I'm hyped.
    I love you. Now that you put it into words, its "soul" doesn't feel the same, yes--that's probably what really bothers me the most outside of the art which I keep saying isn't bad, it just doesn't fit Digimon. Sure, visuals say a lot, and hopefully the animation will help strengthen it, but I'm still optimistic that the atmosphere and story itself will make up for it.

    Also, I just now realized something: the DigiWorld always has a unique appearance to it that distinguishes itself from the real world. I can't be the only one's who's noticed its holographic look. Of course, this kinda-sorta(?) wore off in later seasons, but they were in alternative universes, and typically the DigiWorld wasn't as connected to the Internet in those worlds like in Adventure--or even if they were, the ubiquitous Internet was never really brought up. This is the Adventure universe, and yet in the poster, I'm not seeing that holographic look at all. And that's making me sad inside, because that's the style I've always associated with when it came to the DigiWorld even though it more-or-less came to my attention in recent years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    regarding Joe, one thing I noticed is that his hair changes color lol.

    It used to be blue, even in 02, but in that poster it's black.
    It does, now that you mention it. But I don't think I really "noticed" because I still see a blue tint to it. For all we know, it's just darkened up over the years. Unless Joe had dyed hair all along and it's wearing out.

    Ugh, I can't help getting worried with each passing day. I'm still certain something'll happen on the website by the end of the month, but it's nearing April, the month it's supposedly scheduled to air, and we have nothing on its air-date and time. Toei, please don't pull a Sailor Moon Crystal on us...
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  3. #4278
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    13

    Default

    how you think that Huckmon involved in digimon Adventure tri? I don't have idea that true or not -_-
    Please add me as Friend Code 0318 8035 5937.
    If you want, Don't forget PM me

  4. #4279
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    54,525

    Default

    Ugh. Kari and Gatomon look awkward in that group shot in my opinion. Otherwise, I like it a lot more than the previous promo artwork.

  5. #4280
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    So when is the anime airing? I've been playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and watching the first season, and I can't wait to watch it. Playing the game is fun, and found out Digimons could evolve into different Digimons rather than just a pre-destined monster like in Pokémon.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  6. #4281
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dimension hopping
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Also, I just now realized something: the DigiWorld always has a unique appearance to it that distinguishes itself from the real world. I can't be the only one's who's noticed its holographic look. Of course, this kinda-sorta(?) wore off in later seasons, but they were in alternative universes, and typically the DigiWorld wasn't as connected to the Internet in those worlds like in Adventure--or even if they were, the ubiquitous Internet was never really brought up. This is the Adventure universe, and yet in the poster, I'm not seeing that holographic look at all. And that's making me sad inside, because that's the style I've always associated with when it came to the DigiWorld even though it more-or-less came to my attention in recent years.
    I'm not sure if I've noticed that because, well, it's been a while since I've seen any Digimon anime whatsoever. I'm also not sure I've noticed because I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "holographic look." Would you mind elaborating a bit?

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  7. #4282
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I'm not sure if I've noticed that because, well, it's been a while since I've seen any Digimon anime whatsoever. I'm also not sure I've noticed because I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "holographic look." Would you mind elaborating a bit?
    Well, you know how holographic foil Pokémon cards look, yes? They're distinguishable by the sparkles in the background. The Digital World in the Adventure seasons always had what looked like "sparkles" to help separate it from the real world. The objects in fact may not always "be there", as some of them are "hollow" like we saw in the very first episode. Of course, it doesn't make things any less solid, but it's the Digital World, things seem to kind of change based on different coding. Does that make sense?

    Here are some examples.

    Real world for comparison.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 25th March 2015 at 5:38 PM.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  8. #4283

    Default

    It's a touch preliminary to conclude from one poster that they won't be employing that manner of coloring and shading on the backgrounds.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #4284
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's a touch preliminary to conclude from one poster that they won't be employing that manner of coloring and shading on the backgrounds.
    *two

    I'm just making an observation here. It could just be promotional art, but usually what you see in promo art is what you get. Perhaps Toei has a... slightly bigger budget for this one than they did in the past, still, I've noticed this more-or-less was connected to the Digital World when it was through the Internet (because unless they find a different way into the Digital World here and it's separated connections through the Internet, I'm still going to assume they still use the Internet). When the Internet wasn't as talked about in later seasons, if at all, the look changed. I dunno, they might incorporate a little bit of the Digital World from all universes into this season, but I doubt the Digital World would have changed that much in the three years between Zero Two and Tri.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  10. #4285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I've noticed this more-or-less was connected to the Digital World when it was through the Internet (because unless they find a different way into the Digital World here and it's separated connections through the Internet, I'm still going to assume they still use the Internet).
    The Internet never had anything to do with the Digital World, at least in the Adventure continuity. If it did, it was tangental at best. The kids used the computers as Digital Gates in 02, but that's different.

    The difference in background styles you're referring to is evident - I'm not saying it's not - but it's also fairly minor, and equally it's not something that one would necessarily expect to see reflected in one poster. Yes, one poster - the first had only clouds in the sky as a background.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  11. #4286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The Internet never had anything to do with the Digital World
    Didn't 'Our War Game' focus on battling inside the Internet Servers or something?

    I can't remember much but it wasn't a Digital Gate.

  12. #4287

    Default

    Which does not contradict my statement. The meat of Our War Game specifically takes place on the Internet, not in the Digital World.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  13. #4288

    Default

    Darn it, new Digimon would have been PERFECT on the Vortex block. (too bad it could not stay alive)

    If they can get Tai's English voice actor on board then you can count me in. (I should say that I hope someone approaches him to see if he would be interested)

    I think we can cut them some slack on the visuals, it has been like a decade or something since that version of the Digiworld has seen the light of day. This is great news!
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 25th March 2015 at 11:09 PM.

  14. #4289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Which does not contradict my statement. The meat of Our War Game specifically takes place on the Internet, not in the Digital World.
    Yeah valid point.

  15. #4290
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Google Map
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Darn it, new Digimon would have been PERFECT on the Vortex block. (too bad it could not stay alive)

    If they can get Tai's English voice actor on board then you can count me in. (I should say that I hope someone approaches him to see if he would be interested)

    I think we can cut them some slack on the visuals, it has been like a decade or something since that version of the Digiworld has seen the light of day. This is great news!
    Did You Know Anime had Tai's English VA as the guest speaker for DYKA Digimon, and he said he'd like to come back for Tri.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  16. #4291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Did You Know Anime had Tai's English VA as the guest speaker for DYKA Digimon, and he said he'd like to come back for Tri.
    YES. The more of the original digi destined cast that is able to return the better.
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 27th March 2015 at 9:17 PM.

  17. #4292
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    YES. The more of the original digi destined cast that is able to return the better.
    Oh yeah, it's ideal, but I honestly doubt all of them will come back but I dunno, Saban hasn't reached Young Hunters yet. I shouldn't keep my hopes up/fingers crossed they all make their return, even though along with Joshua Seth I would like Mona Marshall to return as Izzy, and I can still see Lara Jill Miller reprising as Kari. I personally would like it if the head writers would return for the dub script (yeah, I still see this season getting its traditional Saban gag dub treatment), though it's been over a decade and I don't know if Jeff Nimoy still works for Saban.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  18. #4293

    Default

    What? No. The dub script was the worst part of the show, easily. Why would you want those writers back?


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #4294
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    What? No. The dub script was the worst part of the show, easily. Why would you want those writers back?
    I can't speak for the others, but Jeff Nimoy worked on Data Squad, which was the most accurate dub (script-wise) in the series, with some parts almost being word-for-word at times. If he did come back, he would probably try to be more accurate with it.

    Anyway, as for Tri, I'm not sure if Saban would go full gag dub with it. I mean, love it or hate it, the other series are still kids shows at heart and because of that and the dub changes would fit better with that. Tri from what I understand is supposed to be aimed at a more mature audience then the other series, so it would make sense to at the very least, tone that aspect down to get the attention of the older fans.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 28th March 2015 at 7:21 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  20. #4295
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but Jeff Nimoy worked on Data Squad, which was the most accurate dub (script-wise) in the series, with some parts almost being word-for-word at times. If he did come back, he would probably try to be more accurate with it.
    Is it, really? I'm watching it subbed right now, although I had contemplated whether I should watch it dubbed. But upon looking around and having a few people talk to me about it, apparently it wasn't handled very well under Disney, so I ultimately went for the sub. Even if it was a good choice, I feel some of the voice-acting is "meh" at times, and Yoshino's voice actress just sucks bricks, and it's affecting how I'm seeing her character :/. (Then again, I am only seven episodes in. That might change in the future.)

    Anyway, as for Tri, I'm not sure if Saban would go full gag dub with it. I mean, love it or hate it, the other series are still kids shows at heart and because of that and the dub changes would fit better with that. Tri from what I understand is supposed to be aimed at a more mature audience then the other series, so it would make sense to at the very least, tone that aspect down to get the attention of the older fans.
    I never saw Digimon as a full gag dub, not like with Samurai Pizza Cats anyway, but knowing Saban, they'll be doing their thing as much as it would be nice if they go down the route of Savers in making it an accurate translation. I honestly don't mind it either way as long as it's not royally screwed up in the end (what's it like with Fusion, by the way?). Savers-aside, this is going to be the first time I'll be watching anything of Digimon subbed (as it simultaneously airs), so it's going to be inevitable I make the compare and contrast. Even though the original Japanese dubs are indeed much better, I've always had a soft spot for the English dubs of Digimon--first four seasons, anyway--and so there's that chance I'll still like the English dub for Tri. It's kind of biased, but unless they make that decision to at long last have the Blu-Ray/DVD release come complete with the original Japanese (far as I know, Saban hasn't done this with any of the Digimon seasons), if I want to buy it, I'll have to stick with the dub. *shrugs*

    Meanwhile, I still see Nicktoons screwing over the show like they have been with Fusion, if they continue to air Digimon by then.

    I started thinking that if the dub voice actors all came back, Philece Sampler had better fix Mimi's voice, because as of right now, she's the only character I wouldn't mind having a different dub voice actress for as long as it means she's listenable. It's weird, she wasn't that bad as Cody, but her Mimi was just... ick. I also was thinking Richard Epcar and Paul St. Peter could make a return as well (chances are Leomon's coming back--gotta hit that "kill off Leomon" quota). And I know this is a huge "if" and odds of it happening are very slim at best, but if Wizardmon is in Tri for even one episode, as much as I like Akira Ishida, it's Robert Axelrod or bust.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 28th March 2015 at 8:28 AM.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  21. #4296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    (what's it like with Fusion, by the way?).
    There are edits, changes to dialogue, insertion of humor where there was none originally, and so on - a lot of what you would expect, really - but by and large they're playing most of the beats pretty straight.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #4297
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorozuya Gin-chan
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Speaking of dubs, Latin American fans are fuming since their dub will use the english edited material for Tri. Previously their dub was 90% loyal to the japanese version bar some characters' names and minor details. Sucks for them really since the Japanese soundtrack & cultural references are always appreciated everywhere.



  23. #4298
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There are edits, changes to dialogue, insertion of humor where there was none originally, and so on - a lot of what you would expect, really - but by and large they're playing most of the beats pretty straight.
    Alright, I figured as much. How are the voices? I never did watch it when it was on Vortexx before it died, but I had heard snippets passing by, and I just cringed a little inside, though as I never stuck around to listen for more, that was more on me making quick judgements. Looking it up, there are big-name voices in the dub, so it might have been Taiki and Shoutmon I had heard. Nicolas Roye looks to be a new guy, so how is he as Taiki? I'm more-or-less curious at this point as I don't know if I should watch it dubbed or just stick with sub when I get around to the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Speaking of dubs, Latin American fans are fuming since their dub will use the english edited material for Tri. Previously their dub was 90% loyal to the japanese version bar some characters' names and minor details. Sucks for them really since the Japanese soundtrack & cultural references are always appreciated everywhere.
    That's interesting, I don't think I've ever heard of a Latin American dub using English dub material. Was there a reason given for that decision besides probably financial?
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  24. #4299
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorozuya Gin-chan
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    That's interesting, I don't think I've ever heard of a Latin American dub using English dub material. Was there a reason given for that decision besides probably financial?
    Starting with Xros Wars (or "Fusion"), Saban Brands are involved in the production/license distribution for those countries as opposed to Cloverway/Toei Animation which did all previous seasons. Other dubs that were also loyal to the japanese version in the past (Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc) will probably follow suit, which is really sad.



  25. #4300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Is it, really? I'm watching it subbed right now, although I had contemplated whether I should watch it dubbed. But upon looking around and having a few people talk to me about it, apparently it wasn't handled very well under Disney, so I ultimately went for the sub. Even if it was a good choice, I feel some of the voice-acting is "meh" at times, and Yoshino's voice actress just sucks bricks, and it's affecting how I'm seeing her character :/. (Then again, I am only seven episodes in. That might change in the future.)
    In terms of the script itself from what I've seen and heard from talking to other fans who do comparisons between the two, the script usually is pretty consistent with the Japanese one. It also doesn't have any of Saban's traditional dub jokes, so there's not as much inserted dialogue into the show. There is only one major exception to this and that would be the BomberNanimon episode (who became Citramon as a reference to Bobobo-bo), and even then the reason why they changed it so much was because otherwise Disney would've cut it.

    Speaking of which, I think it's because of those edits that it gets a bad rep in that area. For all of the consistencies the scripts had, I don't think it made up for a lot of cuts and scene changes that they had to do under Disney, which is probably why it's not that popular.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I never saw Digimon as a full gag dub, not like with Samurai Pizza Cats anyway, but knowing Saban, they'll be doing their thing as much as it would be nice if they go down the route of Savers in making it an accurate translation. I honestly don't mind it either way as long as it's not royally screwed up in the end (what's it like with Fusion, by the way?). Savers-aside, this is going to be the first time I'll be watching anything of Digimon subbed (as it simultaneously airs), so it's going to be inevitable I make the compare and contrast. Even though the original Japanese dubs are indeed much better, I've always had a soft spot for the English dubs of Digimon--first four seasons, anyway--and so there's that chance I'll still like the English dub for Tri. It's kind of biased, but unless they make that decision to at long last have the Blu-Ray/DVD release come complete with the original Japanese (far as I know, Saban hasn't done this with any of the Digimon seasons), if I want to buy it, I'll have to stick with the dub. *shrugs*
    Sorry, I should've rephrased that, I meant in the sense of how Saban usually dubs their Digimon shows. I do see your point though, which is why I'm curious and looking forward to seeing how they'll handle Tri in comparison to other series due to the audience shift.

    As for Fusion, BCVM22 pretty much covered it, it's what you'd expect from the dub pretty much. I personally think the voice acting is good from what I've heard (which is not surprising considering the cast list), though there are a couple characters here and there that I can understand not being appealing to some.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 28th March 2015 at 8:20 PM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •