Page 173 of 179 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4469

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well, you know how holographic foil Pokémon cards look, yes? They're distinguishable by the sparkles in the background. The Digital World in the Adventure seasons always had what looked like "sparkles" to help separate it from the real world. The objects in fact may not always "be there", as some of them are "hollow" like we saw in the very first episode. Of course, it doesn't make things any less solid, but it's the Digital World, things seem to kind of change based on different coding. Does that make sense?

Here are some examples.

Real world for comparison.
    Ah, thank you! I cannot be certain since it's been so long, but I don't think I noticed that as a distinct effect at back when I was watching those seasons. But the examples you provided were helpful, and I now understand completely what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Did You Know Anime had Tai's English VA as the guest speaker for DYKA Digimon, and he said he'd like to come back for Tri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    YES. The more of the original digi destined cast that is able to return the better.
    Oh yeah, it's ideal, but I honestly doubt all of them will come back but I dunno, Saban hasn't reached Young Hunters yet. I shouldn't keep my hopes up/fingers crossed they all make their return, even though along with Joshua Seth I would like Mona Marshall to return as Izzy, and I can still see Lara Jill Miller reprising as Kari.
    I think this would be great! I watched the first three seasons of Digimon when my ability and interest to recognize voice actors in animation started developing. So I remember finding out some of their names, noticing the same voice actors doing other characters in Digimon, recognizing a few of them in random commercials and a few other shows. It was pretty cool. The added familiarity for another season would be better than I could expect after this long!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    It also doesn't have any of Saban's traditional dub jokes, so there's not as much inserted dialogue into the show.
    Since I have almost zero knowledge of the original Japanese of any season, I'd really like to know which jokes are Saban's traditional dub jokes. It occurs to me that if some of the things I thought were dumb were only in the dub, then I can be relieved that they were not original, and simultaneously frustrated that they were ever added!

There is only one major exception to this and that would be the BomberNanimon episode (who became Citramon as a reference to Bobobo-bo), and even then the reason why they changed it so much was because otherwise Disney would've cut it.
    I think I saw like just a small part of that episode in the dub. However, I remember seeing passing references to that while reading posts in this thread. So as long as I'm not going to regret asking this...what was it that caused someone to get the idea to cut or edit?

For all of the consistencies the scripts had, I don't think it made up for a lot of cuts and scene changes that they had to do under Disney, which is probably why it's not that popular.
    If you can forgive me for stacking up a third noob-ish question, what sort of changes were made? (It's weird, I'm not even entirely sure why I want to know.)

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Sorry for the late reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Since I have almost zero knowledge of the original Japanese of any season, I'd really like to know which jokes are Saban's traditional dub jokes. It occurs to me that if some of the things I thought were dumb were only in the dub, then I can be relieved that they were not original, and simultaneously frustrated that they were ever added!
    It's mostly just the added humor that they have in each episode that wasn't present in the Japanese version. So for instance, things like Mimi's non-existent little brother being mentioned.

They did get a bit better about it in the later seasons, but you still did have things like Jeri commenting on Orochimon drinking too many non-healthy milkshakes popping up.

I think I saw like just a small part of that episode in the dub. However, I remember seeing passing references to that while reading posts in this thread. So as long as I'm not going to regret asking this...what was it that caused someone to get the idea to cut or edit?
    It's what you'd expect, since in the original BomberNanimon was going around bombing the entire park, Disney felt it was too much for a kids show and told the dubbers to change it or have it cut. The dubbers chose the former option and decided to just had a lot of fun with it.

If you can forgive me for stacking up a third noob-ish question, what sort of changes were made? (It's weird, I'm not even entirely sure why I want to know.)
    It was things like guns being edited out, characters being pierced by lasers being edited to remove them from coming out of the body, etc. Basically toning down some of the violence that was present in the original version. Granted, the dub still made sure to keep the emotional tension of those moments (ex. the death of the Digimon are still treated as darkly as you'd expect), but the edits were admittedly pretty awkward at times.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 2nd April 2015 at 6:23 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

So I heard that this was going to be delayed until July 3 2015. They also released a new picture of Greymon who looks like he has lost a little bit of weight.

Nothing's confirmed about the date being pushed back yet, though it is a rumor going around right now.

As for the Greymon thing, I'm assuming you mean this picture? If so, that's his appearance from the movie, likely not from the new anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Herdheaven View Post
    So I heard that this was going to be delayed until July 3 2015. They also released a new picture of Greymon who looks like he has lost a little bit of weight.
    Nothing's confirmed about the date being pushed back yet, though it is a rumor going around right now.
    Yeah, it looks like a rumor because otherwise something would've showed up on the main website by now about it. (Still waiting for the next egg to become available.) Of course, this is Toei Animation we're talking about, they probably would consider at the last minute to push the date back another season or so for whatever reason. Look what happened with Sailor Moon Crystal, but then again, they probably take better care of Digimon than they do with Sailor Moon.

I'm going to be both upset and not surprised if this turns out to be the case, though.

Another rumor going around is that it'll be an OVA instead of a TV series--and if it's still a TV series, it'd be no more than two-cour. And I don't like the sound of that, either.

As for the Greymon thing, I'm assuming you mean this picture? If so, that's his appearance from the movie, likely not from the new anime.
    Rofl look at his chicken legs. I dunno, I can see them using that design for the new series.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

So, I've been reading an excellent blog called Digimon System Restore, which is basically a review of every episode of every season from beginning to end. It's based on the dub version, but manages to find ways to justifiably criticize the dub when it breaks out the sleep-inducing milkshakes, while also giving credit where it's due. There was a nice back-handed compliment it gave to 02, which is that the added jokes take it from having a ridiculous plot, to having a ridiculous plot that is at least funny. Gonna have to agree on that.

Well recommended, but what has me hooked is the writer's efforts to turn Matt's dad into Digimon's Chuck Norris, complete with the usual batch of facts.

My favorites include "Hiroaki Ishida (for t'was his name) finished the 60-point sliding puzzle in the time it took for you to click on the eggs.", "TK’s first book was a biography of Hiroaki Ishida. Publishers rejected it for having the same plot as Die Hard.", "The Digimon Adventure PSP game has a side story where you play as Hiroaki Ishida. Pressing the Start button instantly kills all four Dark Masters.", and the best one "Hiroaki Ishida became partners with a Leomon; it lived forever".
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Just checking out the website now. I'm totally gonna spend all afternoon read it, it looks like a lot of fun.

Well recommended, but what has me hooked is the writer's efforts to turn Matt's dad into Digimon's Chuck Norris, complete with the usual batch of facts.

My favorites include "Hiroaki Ishida (for t'was his name) finished the 60-point sliding puzzle in the time it took for you to click on the eggs.", "TK’s first book was a biography of Hiroaki Ishida. Publishers rejected it for having the same plot as Die Hard.", "The Digimon Adventure PSP game has a side story where you play as Hiroaki Ishida. Pressing the Start button instantly kills all four Dark Masters.", and the best one "Hiroaki Ishida became partners with a Leomon; it lived forever".
    I haven't even started reading yet and already I love this blogger. I would give anything to have Hiroaki Ishida be a main character, or at least have more screentime. Someone on MAL mentioned how neat it would be if there was a Digimon season that had an all-adult cast, and I was interested--but only if Ishida was involved.

That last one's my favorite, LOL. Though I once saw a fan-poster/fic that had Ishida as a Digi-Destined and his partner was a newly-reconfigured Wizardmon. Bet he lived forever, too.
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

That's not Greymon, that's Koromon. Geogreymon also looks like Greymon, but they're different.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

It's a Greymon. It's just called Koromon because they didn't know the name (wait, did Koromon speak in the Japanese version?)

It's like how Wallace called Wendigomon "Cocomon" and Terriermon "Gummymon".

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's a Greymon. It's just called Koromon because they didn't know the name (wait, did Koromon speak in the Japanese version?)
    Koromon spoke in the original, yes. It wasn't in long sentences, but it wasn't broken Japanese either. He stopped speaking the moment he became Agumon where he became more animalistic.

I haven't even started reading yet and already I love this blogger. I would give anything to have Hiroaki Ishida be a main character, or at least have more screentime. Someone on MAL mentioned how neat it would be if there was a Digimon season that had an all-adult cast, and I was interested--but only if Ishida was involved.
    Just get all the super dads from prior seasons to form their own team. Marcus's dad to lead the group, Henry's dad to handle computers, Jeri's dad to drive the van, etc.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

I am pumped for Digimon Adventure Tri. I also would like to see the 02 cast at least make a cameo or two here and there.

When is Tri supposed to air anyway?

There's a rumor saying that it is delayed until Summer......a delay would explain the lack of news.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    When is Tri supposed to air anyway?

There's a rumor saying that it is delayed until Summer......a delay would explain the lack of news.
    I'm pretty sure that specific rumor was confirmed an April Fool's joke (at the very least, there definitely was a recent rumor that proved to be one, whether it's the rumor you're talking about or not).

With that said, at this point, I'm more or less expecting a delay anyway.

Pfft... When are we getting more news?

I'm starting to also think Toei's delaying Digimon the bastards, although we would've gotten news on it by now if they were--because really, isn't that the polite thing to do, tell the fans "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we'll have to push the date back, sorry for the inconvenience"? In an ideal world, perhaps. Then again, like I said before, they did the same exact thing with Sailor Moon Crystal, and look how that turned out. Some of the worries I'm seeing floating around is that it'll get streamed like Crystal, and that it'll be biweekly. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case, even though it'd be better than nothing. An OVA would be a little better, but not by much if you ask me. Hell, I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be a movie.

Oh yeah, wasn't there a new CD drama (I can't believe they still exist) that was recently released? I can't seem to find anything else on it outside of an eight month-old announcement on the Digimon Wiki and a comment on the TV Tropes' WMG page for Tri.

I'd rather they push it back than air a half-finished product every two weeks like Crystal.

Spring Broadcast Season has already started and I don't think we've even gotten a teaser trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'd rather they push it back than air a half-finished product every two weeks like Crystal.

Spring Broadcast Season has already started and I don't think we've even gotten a teaser trailer.
    I have no problems with a delay if that's what it takes to do Tri justice. What I have a problem with is the fence-sitting and not telling fans one way or the other what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post

I have no problems with a delay if that's what it takes to do Tri justice. What I have a problem with is the fence-sitting and not telling fans one way or the other what's going on.
    I agree with the both of you. I suspect we should be getting something soon as the announcement had said Spring 2015, and that could mean anywhere from April to June. I don't like how it's been a month since the Blu-ray box-set was released and we haven't gotten anything, but hopefully there's a good reason for why information has been withheld. Though this seems to be the norm for Toei regardless...

It really is annoying and kinda worrying about the quality of anime if no one's really telling us if it will air soon, or has been quietly delayed for weeks or even months. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth just came out last month, and that was surely supposed to be one last thing to gauge more interest just before the return of the anime. The game sold really well and was sold out for a few days, so that shows people still have interest in Digimon and would have watched Tri. Instead, there has been no information so far except for the new poster a little while ago.

Anyone have a link to the egg touching site? How many more clicks do they need before they all hatch?

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

They don't have the new egg up yet, so no clicks at the moment.

It's been over a month now since the last eggs hatched and still no egg on the website... This is getting boring now, I was sort of picturing me watching Tai and the others saving the Digital World again this month but, nope

Finally! Nade-nade Tentomon's egg. that's bar 200K. Let's go quick nade-nade
    Please add me as Friend Code 0318 8035 5937.
    If you want, Don't forget PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ashlamuness View Post
    Finally! Nade-nade Tentomon's egg. that's bar 200K. Let's go quick nade-nade
    I KNEW IT, 'twas about time. *all of the frantic nade-nade* Apparently there's a cheat on Google Chrome that let's you click more than once, though I don't know how true it is, and if it even works.

Now to wait to see which Digimon they'll throw at us to keep us hanging on longer. I'm going to burst out laughing if it turns out to be Vademon this time around, or even Ogremon because I dunno.

Only 200 thousand?

No. It's too small. There has to be some sort of catch to this. Probably gonna be another block, but until then, click away!

Page 173 of 179 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast