Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 4,201 to 4,221 of 4221

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Having the leader get one extra power up (or whatever Agumon Burst Mode could be called) doesn't really mean much, since it's to be expected. And they usually don't come until the show is nearing the end.

It's only a problem if they get multiple, which leaves everyone severely lagging behind.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Having the leader get one extra power up (or whatever Agumon Burst Mode could be called) doesn't really mean much, since it's to be expected. And they usually don't come until the show is nearing the end.

It's only a problem if they get multiple, which leaves everyone severely lagging behind.
    I was somewhat hesitant to call Agumon Burst Mode a power-up myself, though there's not really anything better to call it.

As for where the problem lies, I'd say it's less a problem of how many power-ups they get (though that was without a doubt Frontier's main problem) and more a matter of when. Taichi and Yamato only got one over the rest of the kids (Omegamon notwithstanding, as I'd say that falls under the final hour leader power-up you mentioned, and was a movie thing to boot), but my problem was that there was ample time for the other kids to follow suit, and they didn't.

I get what you're saying, but the first season of Digimon even took the additional step of providing an in-universe explanation for why only Tai and Matt had Digimon that could Digivolve that far. All in all, I'd have to say that a one-level difference is good compared to some other seasons. Especially since the third season had a relatively smaller cast of main characters (though then there's MarineAngemon's barely relevant Mega-level status, and the fact that Beelzemon was almost known for his general independence from his two Tamers, LOL).

For this next season, I wouldn't say complete equality is guaranteed. After all, Omnimon could make an appearance, and they might even decide to include some of these other variants of Mega-level Greymon and Garurumon (in addition to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon). Still, to include either or both of these things will likely be less of an imbalance than a whole level difference. It definitely looks like a step in the right direction!

Balance is one of the things I consider to be a significant factor (though obviously not the only factor) in how much I like a season of Digimon. In that respect, I'd say the first season was good, the second season seemed a bit less good, the third was in some ways better and in some ways worse than the first, the fourth was the worst and Data Squad was the best by a decent margin. I haven't watched any of Digimon Fusion, but from what I remember reading in this thread, there seemed to be a rather huge focus on one Digimon and all his forms, so it might be in the running for "least balance."

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I love the equality in Savers. All main cast members have Burst Modes (ShineGreymon, MirageGaogamon, Rosemon and Ravemon + Suguru's BanchoLeomon) while minor characters get to evolve their digimon to at least perfect level (Garudamon, RookChessmon, BishopChessmon and Shawujinmon) and even Satsuma's Kudamon evolved all the way into Royal Knight Sleipmon.

I really wish Tamers had this issue fixed with Hirokazu's Guardromon (which should have evolved at least into Andromon once again after it's debut) although Shaochung's Lopmon potential evolution into Cherubimon would've been weird to see.

In 02 Miyako & Daisuke would have slayed with Valkyrimon and Ulforce V-Dramon respectively, smh.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I get what you're saying, but the first season of Digimon even took the additional step of providing an in-universe explanation for why only Tai and Matt had Digimon that could Digivolve that far. All in all, I'd have to say that a one-level difference is good compared to some other seasons. Especially since the third season had a relatively smaller cast of main characters (though then there's MarineAngemon's barely relevant Mega-level status, and the fact that Beelzemon was almost known for his general independence from his two Tamers, LOL).

For this next season, I wouldn't say complete equality is guaranteed. After all, Omnimon could make an appearance, and they might even decide to include some of these other variants of Mega-level Greymon and Garurumon (in addition to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon). Still, to include either or both of these things will likely be less of an imbalance than a whole level difference. It definitely looks like a step in the right direction!

Balance is one of the things I consider to be a significant factor (though obviously not the only factor) in how much I like a season of Digimon. In that respect, I'd say the first season was good, the second season seemed a bit less good, the third was in some ways better and in some ways worse than the first, the fourth was the worst and Data Squad was the best by a decent margin. I haven't watched any of Digimon Fusion, but from what I remember reading in this thread, there seemed to be a rather huge focus on one Digimon and all his forms, so it might be in the running for "least balance."
    I totally forgot all about the reasoning behind WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, so I'll give you that one. Still not happy about it, but you're right, there was proper reasoning given. Ultimately Adventure was really good with the cast in general despite that, which is what matters to me more than anything. Tamers I give a pass (though I definitely get what you're saying) simply because I never fully felt like the fringe kids that joined the Digital World crew were full time members of the gang to me, and the full timers were treated completely evenly.

Saying there was a 'rather large' focus on Shoutmon in Xros Wars is understating it, and it is in some ways worse than even Frontier. While Kiriha did also get Super Evolution, ZeekGreymon inevitably went on to be part of the next Shoutmon upgrade along with just about every other notable member of the cast. Honestly, I give Xros Wars a pass on a lot of things I really shouldn't simply because I absolutely loved the cast.

02 is canon to Tri (five posts down). I know some had doubts. Also it looks like the epilogue is maybe still canon.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    02 is canon to Tri (five posts down). I know some had doubts. Also it looks like the epilogue is maybe still canon.
    I figured, given this picture. It still would be great if they could fix things that were a problem in 02, but I doubt that's going to happen, and even then, it'd most likely get a passing glance, if at all. Still wondering what roles Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken are going to play, and if they're really going to count as part of the main cast.

*bites down on handkerchief while crying a waterfall*
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    I love the equality in Savers. All main cast members have Burst Modes (ShineGreymon, MirageGaogamon, Rosemon and Ravemon + Suguru's BanchoLeomon) while minor characters get to evolve their digimon to at least perfect level (Garudamon, RookChessmon, BishopChessmon and Shawujinmon) and even Satsuma's Kudamon evolved all the way into Royal Knight Sleipmon.

I really wish Tamers had this issue fixed with Hirokazu's Guardromon (which should have evolved at least into Andromon once again after it's debut) although Shaochung's Lopmon potential evolution into Cherubimon would've been weird to see.

In 02 Miyako & Daisuke would have slayed with Valkyrimon and Ulforce V-Dramon respectively, smh.
    While I agree there could have been more of Guardromon and Andromon, on the few occasions he did fight in Tamers, it was pretty much on par with the rest of the Megas. Level didn't seem to matter as much in that series, which I kind of preferred.

Equality of cast members was really only a problem in Frontier, Xros Wars (so I've heard) and the very end of 02 where Davis and Ken got two levels up on everyone else. Even then, so long as the other characters still have a role to play (which was definitely not the case in Frontier), it doesn't matter if some have stronger Digimon than others. Hopefully that will be the case in Tri.
    Last edited by Kataphrut; 14th January 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Can anyone translate?

Also, man Agumans head is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Also, man Agumans head is huge.
    His head's always been huge, at least to me, so I'm a bit glad that at least we know for sure Agumon's kept his same design. Now Tai's eyes, on the other hand, weird me out (and that's disregarding the fact I'm still not used to the art design).

On a slightly cynical note, I'm kinda looking forward to the off-model moments, because we all know it's going to happen given the series and that it's Toei. They'll either be hilarious, frustratingly cringe-worthy, or a combination of both. And chances are, there'll be a Tumblr blog dedicated to it like there is for Sailor Moon Crystal.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Really? The Aguman design looks different to me because of the head thing.

I actually like the new character artstyle anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Whoa, what happened to Agumon?

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Clearly, he used Goldeneye's DK mode cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Did people ask this when they saw Marcus's big Agumon?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Did people ask this when they saw Marcus's big Agumon?
    I wouldn't doubt it, though I guess with this one it's just more jarring since this isn't an intentional redesign like Savers/Data Squad's Agumon was.

Also, here are the full V-jump scans with news on Cyber Sleuth. We also got a new Digimon called Mastemon (yes, after Mastema) who's a jogress between Angewomon and Ladydevimon.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

For once I'm actually interested in the Cyber Sleuth news. A new Digimon that DNA Digivolves from Angewomon and LadyDevimon, that chick with the Veemon from Decode appearing, and pretty much a majority of the Royal Knights appearing in the game. I bet a lot of Digimon fans might call this game the ultimate Digimon game, despite the Story series in my view being Pokemon rip-offs. As for Agumon, he sure has been having a lot of Digi-Vitamins since the end of Adventure 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    off-model moments
    Please forgive me if this question indicates I'm not in the know, but what precisely does that mean? Is it, like, instances of characters being drawn incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Clearly, he used Goldeneye's DK mode cheat.
    Since I didn't trust my memory of how Agumon's head looked in the first two seasons, I checked some early promotional art from the Digi-Battle Card Game that I had just lying around my room. This new design for Agumon is definitely DK mode (which is an awesome reference!).

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Is it, like, instances of characters being drawn incorrectly?
    Yes. Every show has them, some simply more than others.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well I've finally done it, I've watched Adventure and Adventure 02. Just need to wait for tri. now.

But in case you don't know the Digimon Adventure website has been blocked by DemiDevimon. If you want more info sooner, beat the living daylights (couldn't think of any puns) out of him! (You have pet bats it will work better)
    Last edited by NeoDude-5000; Today at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    But in case you don't know the Digimon Adventure website has been blocked by DemiDevimon. If you want more info sooner, beat the living daylights (couldn't think of any puns) out of him! (You have pet bats it will work better)
    I have literally checked the website for the first time today, and I really appreciate Toei having the English language option. Thought I'd throw it out there, as I don't know of that many official Japanese websites that do. Then again, I don't actively go looking for them, so it's probably a common thing now.

But I like the idea of DemiDevimon blocking the site, annoying little bastard, lol. Maybe DemiDevimon is a clue himself, even though he probably should be dead? I've guessed from the start that Myotismon's going to play a role in Tri, but I'll be a bit surprised and relieved if he doesn't come back after all. It'd be a good thing if he doesn't, though a mention wouldn't be bad.

Oh hey, think the Blu-Ray box set of the first season will come out here?
    I survived Pupa.

Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169