Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4389

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Six episodes still isn't bad, it's enough to tell a small story although yes, i agree a full length series would have been better.
    Yeah, a six-episode OVA is enough for about three hours, and so it'd probably be like watching a movie every episode (the posters honestly didn't do the character design any justice at all, they actually looked good in the PV). But Digimon I feel isn't really fit for a small series like six episodes, or even twelve. The plot may sometimes be less than desirable, but it was always about the characters, and they carried the show from beginning to end while the plot played out sometimes in the background. I don't know how six episodes is going to do them justice, but I suppose because we know these characters, they figured they don't need as much time to tell their new story, even though chances are they're going to be changed characters.

Also, sorry for the nitpick, but I thought Tai got rid of his goggles. Did he go out and buy new ones, or did Davis return them, or what?
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I want another 50 episode long digimon series.
    So do I, but I want it to be an actual new series. This news is good for me, though why the hell are we waiting till November?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    But Digimon I feel isn't really fit for a small series like six episodes, or even twelve.
    Adventure was originally conceived as a 13-episode series, ending with the defeat of Devimon.

Remember that OVA episodes don't necessarily have to be 30 minutes each. A 6-episode OVA is lean and mean. No filler. No slow episodes. No coming out of an episode feeling it was really only there to inch closer to what comes after it. No magazine spreads telling us we're getting a new evolution... six weeks from now.

Lean and mean. Embrace it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Adventure was originally conceived as a 13-episode series, ending with the defeat of Devimon.

Remember that OVA episodes don't necessarily have to be 30 minutes each. A 6-episode OVA is lean and mean. No filler. No slow episodes. No coming out of an episode feeling it was really only there to inch closer to what comes after it. No magazine spreads telling us we're getting a new evolution... six weeks from now.

Lean and mean. Embrace it.
    That's actually false.

It was always meant to be a year long series.

Well, my entire life's been a lie.

The rest of the point remains though. Lean and mean.

-----
    Words to|live by

November, I can wait I guess. But only 6 episodes? D'aww

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    • Training my Pokémon from the other regions
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

In the meantime, is there going to be a proper digimon TV series? I'd rather have that than a 6pt continuation of Adventures.

I'm honestly more disappointed that this is coming out in November then it only being a six part miniseries

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I'm honestly more disappointed that this is coming out in November then it only being a six part miniseries
    After some thought, this is what I'm really more upset about than anything else, as we now have to wait longer (though I'm personally a little peeved that they stalled on this particular announcement and making us think it'd be a TV/streaming broadcast series). The Japanese audience is probably ecstatic over this, but overseas fans are going to have to wait for the fansubs and dubs. And as apparently these six episodes are going to be theatrically-released (I imagine they'll be about as long as Our War Game? That was released in theaters, yes?), this could take a little longer than we would like, as who knows if the dubs are going to wait until all movies are available so they could dub them all at once or what. It also depends on how spread out the movies are being released, as this will go through the span of 2016 to possibly even 2017. Unless they're going down the route of Rebuild of Evangelion, in which case, that could take a good several years at worst.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 6th May 2015 at 7:01 PM.
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Pity we have to wait even longer than expected, but it does look freakin awesome. I cannot wait to see Omnimon square off against Alphamon!

I guess this fixes the problem of resetting the kids. They can still be just as powerful since it isn't a full series.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    In the meantime, is there going to be a proper digimon TV series? I'd rather have that than a 6pt continuation of Adventures.
    We still have the amazing Young Hunters Leaping Through Time.

By which I mean is Digimon's BW saga.

By which I mean it's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Well, my entire life's been a lie.
    It seems like the only time I ever see you post is when it's to condescendingly tell someone they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    After some thought, this is what I'm really more upset about than anything else, as we now have to wait longer (though I'm personally a little peeved that they stalled on this particular announcement and making us think it'd be a TV/streaming broadcast series). The Japanese audience is probably ecstatic over this, but overseas fans are going to have to wait for the fansubs and dubs. And as apparently these six episodes are going to be theatrically-released (I imagine they'll be about as long as Our War Game? That was released in theaters, yes?), this could take a little longer than we would like, as who knows if the dubs are going to wait until all movies are available so they could dub them all at once or what. It also depends on how spread out the movies are being released, as this will go through the span of 2016 to possibly even 2017. Unless they're going down the route of Rebuild of Evangelion, in which case, that could take a good several years at worst.
    When did the rebuild movies start?

So did something go wrong during development? Cause I don't know why else they would adverstise this as a spring/summer premiere and delay it for seven months

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    So did something go wrong during development? Cause I don't know why else they would adverstise this as a spring/summer premiere and delay it for seven months
    Apparently, they're using a lot of workforce on One Piece and Dragon Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    No, that's specifically what the announcement makes clear, that Tri is a 6-episode OVA and not an extended TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    It seems like the only time I ever see you post is when it's to condescendingly tell someone they're wrong
    Except you specifically quoted me responding to someone telling me I was wrong, the opposite of what you said, so...

-----
    Words to|live by

Maybe, but I just wanted to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Apparently, they're using a lot of workforce on One Piece and Dragon Ball.
    LOL yeah and the quality really shows.

In other news, FREAKING ALPHAMON OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Alphamon is the coolest Royal Knight and it's about time he showed up in the anime. With him fighting Omnimon (which I hope he gives Omnimon a run for his money, AlphaInforce ftw) I hope we are introduced to Adventure's Royal Knights now that we know all of them.
    Last edited by diakyu; 6th May 2015 at 10:11 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

November 21st? Toei, why?

Anyway, some disappointments here along with some things that I was happy about. Along with the date and the short length, I am disappointed that the entire human cast was replaced as there are a couple VAs that I was hoping would be back. On the other hand though, the animation looks much better in motion and the battle sequences we did see did look great, I look forward to seeing more of that in action.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    In other news, FREAKING ALPHAMON OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Alphamon is the coolest Royal Knight and it's about time he showed up in the anime. With him fighting Omnimon (which I hope he gives Omnimon a run for his money, AlphaInforce ftw) I hope we are introduced to Adventure's Royal Knights now that we know all of them.
    While I'm also happy to see Alphamon, I honestly hope we don't get another RK arc. They're a great group, but we've seen them many times over the last decade and I'd rather the franchise allows them to take a quick breather while Tri does its own thing.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Trailer for Digimon Adventure Tri.

Release date confirmed as November 21st 2015.

Animation looks incredible. Omnimon returns. Hype.
    That black digimon...is it Alphamon? Has he ever made an appearance yet?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    When did the rebuild movies start?
    First one came out in 2007. The fourth and final one's due out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    That black digimon...is it Alphamon? Has he ever made an appearance yet?
    Alphamon's made appearances in a couple of manga and games I believe, but anime-wise, he appeared in Digimon X-Evolution as the Mega evolution of Dorumon.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 7th May 2015 at 2:18 AM.

Not even mad about the delay. I pretty much expected it.

At first I really disliked the art direction because I thought it looked too much like nondescript generic anime. Either it really tightened up in the trailer or I just needed to see it in motion. Now it's kind of grown on me and reminds me of the style used in those like 6 shorts they mashed together to make Digimon: The Movie. That and the short length gives me hope that this will be a quality production.

Really hoping SkullGreymon returns, but now i know it's six episodes - i feel the chances are less likely. Who knows though, he returned in 02 he could return in the technical 03.

And now Alphamon is apparently evil. Remember how he actually questioned Yggdrasill despite being a Royal Knight? Good times.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

That was in an entirely separate continuity, though.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176 LastLast