Page 176 of 189 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 4716

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    And now Alphamon is apparently evil. Remember how he actually questioned Yggdrasill despite being a Royal Knight? Good times.
    Well, now's a good time for fan speculation. I don't think Alphamon's evil, nor even "misunderstood". He's probably guarding something when Omnimon showed up and deemed him a threat, or he's under the villain's control, and thus only Omnimon's powerful enough to go up against him.

Or the scene could not be in the movies at all.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 7 - 1/19/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I haven't commented on all updates. As far as the animation goes, it feels weird seeing the chosen children or digides....whatever you call them. I'll call them the Digi-First Class. Anyway it feels weird seeing them animated this way, but I'll get use to it. This isn't the 90's anymore. But this is a six episode OVA? Does that mean there's no way to sneak in a Myotismon return? It's not the same without Myotismon returning for 100th time. Or explain the Dark Ocean with Dragomon, who never got a arc like I thought he would. I'm still excited for it anyway.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well, now's a good time for fan speculation. I don't think Alphamon's evil, nor even "misunderstood". He's probably guarding something when Omnimon showed up and deemed him a threat, or he's under the villain's control, and thus only Omnimon's powerful enough to go up against him.

Or the scene could not be in the movies at all.
    Yeah, it's hard to get a feel for what's going on from that scene alone. For all we know it's X-Evolution all over again, with the kids thinking they're on the right side by siding with Yggdrasil, and Alphamon is rejecting Yggdrasil as per usual.

With that said, we've also already had an evil (misguided, I believe) Alphamon before in one of the DS games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    But this is a six episode OVA? Does that mean there's no way to sneak in a Myotismon return? It's not the same without Myotismon returning for 100th time. Or explain the Dark Ocean with Dragomon, who never got a arc like I thought he would.
    It's difficult to make any well-founded plot/villain guesses at this early stage.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Didn't 02 end with every human on the planet getting a digimon? I wonder if we will see that in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to get a feel for what's going on from that scene alone. For all we know it's X-Evolution all over again, with the kids thinking they're on the right side by siding with Yggdrasil, and Alphamon is rejecting Yggdrasil as per usual.

With that said, we've also already had an evil (misguided, I believe) Alphamon before in one of the DS games anyway.
    The kids indirectly aiding the villain. I actually want to see that with the classic characters.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This is daily reminder that 02 is canon and everyone who says it isn't is only fooling themselves.

Anyways, I know it was going to be delayed but I didn't expect an 6-part OVA series. While some would argue that could be for the better, this is Toei we are talkin' about. They aren't hallmarks of quality. My hope is Mamoru Hosoda comes back and directs one of the episodes. I know he is big now and all but that would be nice especially considering his input in the original Adventure.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    This is daily reminder that 02 is canon and everyone who says it isn't is only fooling themselves.

Anyways, I know it was going to be delayed but I didn't expect an 6-part OVA series. While some would argue that could be for the better, this is Toei we are talkin' about. They aren't hallmarks of quality. My hope is Mamoru Hosoda comes back and directs one of the episodes. I know he is big now and all but that would be nice especially considering his input in the original Adventure.
    So Matt and Sora still will hook up, eh? I guess that's fine. I still never saw that coming between them. But it's all good now. I wonder if they'll be dating in this 6-part series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    That's cool and all but the irony is you're also fooling yourself considering there is no confirmation regardless.

i'm a bit disappointed at the 6 episodes only thing, but the animation looks awesome! and it looks like we'll get Alphamon vs Omegamon 2.0 i really hope Dorumon makes an appearance, he's my favorite digimon.

Current Hatched/Caught Shinies: Vulpix, Ninetales, Chansey, Vivillon
    Safari (Water): Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier - Need Sligoo, Sawk, Braxien
    Ninetales Claimed March 16, 2015

Click image for Shrine

It's going to be weird playing that one due to the references to Reigitize.

"I just have to look the part."

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Last edited by Taodragon; 26th June 2015 at 11:00 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Wow... quite a lot of games are being localized. Hopefully Digimon World Redigitize (the 3DS version namely) and Adventure get the same treatment. (Adventure obviously will have to be ported onto another console, hopefully PS4)

As long as Tri fixes the mess that the epilogue of 02 made, I'm fine. Really? Guy that wants to become a soccer player becomes an ambassador. Boy band member becomes an astronaut. Huh? Those need to have some sense. And then there is Sorato vs Taiora. Let's not get into that. There are things that need to be addressed.

And of course, Malomyotismon is not a threatening name people. Momentai!
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 3rd July 2015 at 12:17 AM.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

I think that Digimon tri is going to be an intressing series of movies

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    As long as Tri fixes the mess that the epilogue of 02 made, I'm fine. Really? Guy that wants to become a soccer player becomes an ambassador. Boy band member becomes an astronaut. Huh? Those need to have some sense. And then there is Sorato vs Taiora. Let's not get into that. There are things that need to be addressed.

And of course, Malomyotismon is not a threatening name people. Momentai!
    Far be it from me to defend 02's ending, but Taichi's isn't that unusual. A kid wanting to play soccer in his youth and growing up to do something entirely different is hardly unheard of (I'd be more inclined to say that it is only out of left field here because we see no progression leading to it, which isn't overly unusual given his age), and with Taichi being the de-facto leader of the original Chosen Children him being a Digital World ambassador makes as much sense as anything else.

Lo and behold, the official confirmation & trailer (for CS): https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/st...61544307683328

Its been 3000 years (since we last had a Digimon RPG on a console) ;____; This game will have my full support once I pick up a PS4.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 3rd July 2015 at 8:42 AM.

I'll finally be able to play a good Digimon game since World 2003 (yes I'm European) on console. But hopefully it comes to Europe also. Don't leave us in the dark Bandai like you did in the Data Squad days!

Out of some of the seasons I think that Season 2 having the better villains out there second only to Dark Knightmon. I think that the villians in Tamers was had reason of what there doing but it doesn't make me think of them as villains and more of misunderstanding and mess up programming. Out of all the villains in tamers I think the only one that feels like a villain is IceDevimon

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Out of some of the seasons I think that Season 2 having the better villains out there second only to Dark Knightmon. I think that the villians in Tamers was had reason of what there doing but it doesn't make me think of them as villains and more of misunderstanding and mess up programming. Out of all the villains in tamers I think the only one that feels like a villain is IceDevimon
    You'll never top season 1 villains for me. Devimon was dull and the less said about Apocalymon the better, but apart from that you've got Myotismon, Piedmon, Puppetmon, Diaboromon...all really cool, compelling bad guys. Even Etemon was fun, if only because of how hammy he was.

Season 3 villains are a blur in my mind apart from the D-Reaper (and I guess Beelzemon, but I don't really count the ones that turn good), which was fantastic for how menacing, logical and just plain creepy it was. Not as fun as any of the season 1 villains, but it occupied a space in my nightmares that they could never hope to reach.

Season 4 had Cherubimon, who was pretty cool in a misguided sort of way, and Lucemon made for a decent final boss. The other spirits had their moments, but only Mercurymon really stood out for me. Let's do season 4 a kindness and not bring up the Royal Knights.

Haven't watched 5 or 6, but I've heard good things about Kurata and DarkKnightmon. May have to give those a try soon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    You'll never top season 1 villains for me. Devimon was dull and the less said about Apocalymon the better, but apart from that you've got Myotismon, Piedmon, Puppetmon, Diaboromon...all really cool, compelling bad guys. Even Etemon was fun, if only because of how hammy he was.

Season 3 villains are a blur in my mind apart from the D-Reaper (and I guess Beelzemon, but I don't really count the ones that turn good), which was fantastic for how menacing, logical and just plain creepy it was. Not as fun as any of the season 1 villains, but it occupied a space in my nightmares that they could never hope to reach.

Season 4 had Cherubimon, who was pretty cool in a misguided sort of way, and Lucemon made for a decent final boss. The other spirits had their moments, but only Mercurymon really stood out for me. Let's do season 4 a kindness and not bring up the Royal Knights.

Haven't watched 5 or 6, but I've heard good things about Kurata and DarkKnightmon. May have to give those a try soon.
    Season 3 also had--for a time--Hypnos itself as an antagonist, which I found really interesting. Though like Beelzebumon, they turn good. In fact, D-Reaper aside, I don't think Tamers had any antagonists that stayed that way (the Devas never turned sides, per se, but they ceased being antagonists at the same time the Holy Beasts did).

DarkKnightmon was great, for the most part, but Bagramon himself left much to be desired. He was a quintessential final boss, literally sitting on a throne and waiting for the heroes to reach him.

I watched all of Data Squad a few weeks ago and it's now my second favorite series behind Tamers. Kurata makes for a great chicken*censored* heel. He actually made me hate his guts.

Can't remember much of anything about all the other villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    First one came out in 2007. The fourth and final one's due out this year.
    Goddamn. Please do not let Tri take anywhere near this long. I just want it to be over and done with so we can move on to an actual new series.
    Last edited by Born Better; 8th July 2015 at 3:43 PM.

This post is full of win! I think you just about covered which villains stood out in each season you mentioned, and totally nailed the reasons they made good villains (especially Etemon and the D-Reaper).

However, one interesting thing about season 5 is that early on it felt like a detective show to me, and that led to some interesting villains (or at least "villains") that only appeared in one episode. Also, later on there was one villain that I found particularly intriguing. I won't give any spoilers, but this character was one of a group that was around for a relatively short time during the high point of Kurata's evil schemes. The way this little group of his underlings is revealed is just amazing, but in any case, pay extra attention to the one that is the creepiest. You'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Season 3 also had--for a time--Hypnos itself as an antagonist, which I found really interesting.
    Yes, yes, YES!! Like, everything about them makes me love to hate them, from their general disregard for digital life, to the way Yamaki is willing to threaten children. It just worked so well!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I do agree that the season one villains are rather more memorable, but regardless, they all had (mostly) one thing in common: take over the world(s). Although in Myotismon's case, I think that was only because he had read/heard a prophecy and wanted to fulfill it, he just overlooked some of the more, er, "petty" details involving his death, I suppose. Magnificent, evil bastard, but maybe not as smart as he made himself out to be? And he apparently was driven to drink hardcore alcohol as MaloMyotismon, according to some official picture book, so... *slow shrug* I've come to like Etemon more since I've kinda-sorta rewatched the series, and even though he's goofy, he was rather threatening, and I liked that balance. He kinda lost it as MetalEtemon, apparently, but at least he was still evil enough to kick-start a franchise tradition that I hope to God is broken in Tri.

The other villains got better in having better motives for why they did what they did. While Oikawa was more of a tragic human villain in Zero Two (and it wasn't his fault anyway), Ken I think was an interesting look into what a corrupt DigiDestined looked like, and I wish we had more of that in the series, but more permanently. (One of my theories is that the new character in Tri will be this, but I'm not holding my breath on it.) Yamaki was the same way with Hypnos, although I think their intentions weren't as evil as we thought, it was just a way to "clean up mistakes", Yamaki just kinda went overboard with it? Right? The D-Reaper is probably one of the more freaky villains in Digimon mainly because it was a program. It had no motive, it just did what it was designed to do, it just used the broken mind of a child to do it. I'm actually kind of surprised I never remembered this as a kid, because I know I watched the show, but I don't think I really watched the last episodes before Frontier started. So when I did eventually get around to watching Tamers fairly recently, when I got to that moment, I was all, "Whoa, that's cool, but Jesus Christ why."

Oddly enough, when I think of season four villains, I think of the Evil Legendary Warriors a lot, and I'm not entirely sure why. I know they did quite a bit for a while (and you're right that Mercurymon stands out a lot as being one of the more villainous of the group), but I thought they were interesting. It's come to the point where I think they have better personalities than the Dark Masters, even if they're not as threatening most of the time (although they had their moments, I remember).

I just now got to where Savers picks up as a series, so I haven't run into the more juicy villains quite yet. All I know is Kurata's probably more evil than Myotismon, although I don't really know his motives behind it.

Man, I can hardly wait to see who or what the villain(s) is in Tri. Since it's going to span six movies, I see there being more than one, but I hope they're worth it. Even if the older villains end up coming back for at least one film, I still can't wait.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 7 - 1/19/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Page 176 of 189 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast