Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 4428

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

Ken in Season 2 was such a good villain because he didn't have any remorse for the Digimon at all (you'll often find a villain of any show does have some humanity) and because of the turnaround with him to the good side.

Villian I think that are good are Ken, DarkKnightmon, Mysotismon, Derboromon they are really memberally for what they did

Okay, so I put my money where my mouth is and did a binge watch of Data Squad. It's now my favourite Digimon series after Tamers, and continues the trend of all post-Adventure series being "Digimon meets X", in this case "Digimon meets Gurenn Lagann." The real fun was recognising all the English voice actors: Takato became Guilmon, Guilmon became Mr Owl from Winnie the Pooh, Sora was the relatable straight-woman, Crispin Freeman was the World's Greatest Human (as it should be), and everybody was playing second-fiddle to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance-era Raiden.

Since we're talking villains, I thought Merukimon was a great sympathetic foil, Gotsumon was surprisingly threatening, the Bio-Hybrids were fun distractions and the Royal Knights were once again terrible. But the highlight was Kurata, who shifted brilliantly from a Starscream-esque coward to a despicable despot in one move. His arc rivalled Myotismon's in intensity, and the final battle against him was awesome.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

I loved Digimon since season one, latest I watched was Tamers but I try to watch Frontier but that one is not that appealing to me...I want to give it a chance,
    but I'am really psyched up for Tri, Gatomon is my favorite Digimon ( next to Gaomon ) and I really want to see her again.
    My dearest pair since January 9th 2008 Xenavire
    <3

New poster for Tri.:

Spoiler:- ...:

And I know it's not the official site or whatnot (though information might be going on there), but this blog's brought about some information from the Digimon Festival Eve's event, with more information expected to come possibly later tomorrow.

According to Bokutachi no Digital World, we have information on the movie's duration and Blu-Ray/DVD release. The first chapter, "Reunion", set to be released on November 21st, is confirmed to be 80 minutes long. It will be in ten theaters across Japan for three weeks, and the Blu-Ray/DVD will be released on December 18th (8000Ľ for Blu-Ray, 7000Ľ for DVD).
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I see that this series keeps making one or two main characters do all the fighting while shafting the rest to background material.

Did they not learn after almost learning it during Data Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I see that this series keeps making one or two main characters do all the fighting while shafting the rest to background material.

Did they not learn after almost learning it during Data Squad?
    How do you know that?

And we already know everyone else will go Mega, so they will be fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    How do you know that?

And we already know everyone else will go Mega, so they will be fighting.
    We do? When was it confirmed the other 6 didigestined will achieve mega?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    We do? When was it confirmed the other 6 didigestined will achieve mega?
    Early promotional material had a few pieces of the storyboards for the animation.

One showed Tentomon becoming HerculesKabuterimon.

Give me a few and I'll find it.

Early promotional material had a few pieces of the storyboards for the animation.

I assume you're referring to this?

Well, that sounds good.

But then I bet Agumon and Gabumon will just get a second Mega form to add some sweet digital salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbIy

new trailer. i'm almost on the verge of tears

After seeing that trailer, I suddenly feel older.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

Looks decent animation-wise.

Wonder who's that girl with glasses. Kind of resembles Miyako.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Looks decent animation-wise.

Wonder who's that girl with glasses. Kind of resembles Miyako.
    She and that other Boy with the cell phone could be brand new digidestined

In the shipper side of the news there's two tidbits coming from the festival.

1. Takari is a HUGE possibility in Tri

2. The love triangle WILL be in Tri. Tai/Sora/Matt triangle will be in Tri.

There's lots of romance in the Tri series.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post

Just one small problem. The dub added the love triangle. Sorato was always meant to be. It doesn't make me not hopeful. It just bugs me.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Just one small problem. The dub added the love triangle. Sorato was always meant to be. It doesn't make me not hopeful. It just bugs me.
    I know but that's what Sora's VA said, so it looks like in their 15 years they sat in the corner and thought about all the stupid choices they made maybe.

The style seems to favor the Digimon, because it helps make the connection with their card art style.

'Kay, where's the source for this? Considering I had a feeling high school was going to be one of the conflicts (and it looks like it's with Tai the most, judging from the new PV), and that Matt and Sora were going to be dating (I think for two-three years at this point?), that could've been a possibility. However, the love triangle makes me cringe a bit, 'cause didn't Tai accept their relationship? Zero Two happened, so he shouldn't have to be having this kind of conflict. As for the Takari possibility, even if it's a thing, it's not going to happen at the end, unless the epilogue itself got retconned or something. I like Takari, don't get me wrong, but it's a pairing that I don't think would've really worked out, even if we also got a love triangle between Kari, T.K. and Davis.

(But that's probably the case only if the AU theory isn't happening.)

And the possibility that romance seems to be playing a part in the series makes me both happy and concerned at the same time. Romance was more-or-less just a side thing at best, the relationship focuses were otherwise on the DigiDestined and their Digimon partners, the children's friendships with each other, and with their parents. I dunno, considering a lot of high school settings in anime also have romance involved and now that Digimon's delving into that, I'm not sure if I really want that outside of fan fiction (silly as it sounds). High school being a personal conflict with some of the characters is fine, and if that's what's happening to Tai (especially since he's a senior and thus he probably doesn't know what he wants to do after high school), then yeah, I can see why the love triangle aspect can rear its ugly head again. Still, that's kind of... risky? Unneeded? *slowly shrugs*
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    'Kay, where's the source for this? Considering I had a feeling high school was going to be one of the conflicts (and it looks like it's with Tai the most, judging from the new PV), and that Matt and Sora were going to be dating (I think for two-three years at this point?), that could've been a possibility. However, the love triangle makes me cringe a bit, 'cause didn't Tai accept their relationship? Zero Two happened, so he shouldn't have to be having this kind of conflict. As for the Takari possibility, even if it's a thing, it's not going to happen at the end, unless the epilogue itself got retconned or something. I like Takari, don't get me wrong, but it's a pairing that I don't think would've really worked out, even if we also got a love triangle between Kari, T.K. and Davis.

(But that's probably the case only if the AU theory isn't happening.)

And the possibility that romance seems to be playing a part in the series makes me both happy and concerned at the same time. Romance was more-or-less just a side thing at best, the relationship focuses were otherwise on the DigiDestined and their Digimon partners, the children's friendships with each other, and with their parents. I dunno, considering a lot of high school settings in anime also have romance involved and now that Digimon's delving into that, I'm not sure if I really want that outside of fan fiction (silly as it sounds). High school being a personal conflict with some of the characters is fine, and if that's what's happening to Tai (especially since he's a senior and thus he probably doesn't know what he wants to do after high school), then yeah, I can see why the love triangle aspect can rear its ugly head again. Still, that's kind of... risky? Unneeded? *slowly shrugs*
    The source for the triangle is the va playing sora confirming it during her vid at the festival during the stream. She said basically that triangle will be there and that tai is not out of the running yet. Taiora is still a possibility.

As for Takari the va for both tk and Kari confirmed to the press at the event that takari is a very huge possibility in tri.

As far as the epilogue goes they can easily recon it or create their own epilogue for tri. In fact that is what was suggested during the festival.

The source for the triangle is the va playing sora confirming it during her vid at the festival during the stream. She said basically that triangle will be there and that tai is not out of the running yet. Taiora is still a possibility.

As for Takari the va for both tk and Kari confirmed to the press at the event that takari is a very huge possibility in tri.

As far as the epilogue goes they can easily recon it or create their own epilogue for tri. In fact that is what was suggested during the festival.
    As long as Tri makes up for that acid trip epilogue of 02, I'm fine with it.

I'm still very annoyed this isn't a full series. Also it has almost been an entire year and what do we really know about the story?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I did always liked Mimi more.

I mean, what?

Oh, nice animation. I still wish we would get actual info on the story instead of context-less clips.

Who's that girl? What Digimon is she holding?

Why is Greymon fighting Kuwagamon other than referencing the first episode?

Will Sorato be retconned to appease the Taiora fans? Will they throw us or a complete loop and go for Jora, Izora, or maybe, gasp, Sorimi?

The girl wore a different school uniform from the digidestined, so I'm guessing she goes to a different school.

Hmm, no appearences or references to the 02 kids. I guess they are being ignored or retconed

Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178 LastLast