Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174
Results 4,326 to 4,343 of 4343

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming spring 2015

  1. #4326

    Default

    I guess I spoke too soon, at least we finally something new in a while

  2. #4327
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    I haven't been following this much, but I hear Digimon's doing something with the season 1 cast for a anniversary or something. A new season perhaps? I haven't been keeping up with this news at all. That being said I was a huge Digimon fan back in the day. I use to post on here during the Xross Wars seasons. I adored season 1 of Digimon. That season was like almost perfect for me. It is the definition of a group of kids going on a adventure with magical creatures. There's not a single episode in season 1 I did not like and I loved each and every character and the development they went through, while still remaining the characters you fell in love with. Season 1 was awesome. I know it gets overshadowed by Pokemon, but anime wise no season of Pokemon can even touch Digimon season 1.

    Now that I got my fanboyism out of the way, I am curious when this new season takes place. Is it before the start of season 2? Are they going to show how the Digimon lost their powers to evolve past the Champion level? Because like Kari said in the season 1 final "They don't need no stinkin crest" or maybe that was already explained. I don't know. I'll be sure to start paying attention when this airs. I wonder what kind of villains they fight. Surely not Myotismon coming back for the 4th time. It'd be funny if he did actually.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #4328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I haven't been following this much, but I hear Digimon's doing something with the season 1 cast for a anniversary or something. A new season perhaps? I haven't been keeping up with this news at all. That being said I was a huge Digimon fan back in the day. I use to post on here during the Xross Wars seasons. I adored season 1 of Digimon. That season was like almost perfect for me. It is the definition of a group of kids going on a adventure with magical creatures. There's not a single episode in season 1 I did not like and I loved each and every character and the development they went through, while still remaining the characters you fell in love with. Season 1 was awesome. I know it gets overshadowed by Pokemon, but anime wise no season of Pokemon can even touch Digimon season 1.

    Now that I got my fanboyism out of the way, I am curious when this new season takes place. Is it before the start of season 2? Are they going to show how the Digimon lost their powers to evolve past the Champion level? Because like Kari said in the season 1 final "They don't need no stinkin crest" or maybe that was already explained. I don't know. I'll be sure to start paying attention when this airs. I wonder what kind of villains they fight. Surely not Myotismon coming back for the 4th time. It'd be funny if he did actually.
    Yeah there will be a new season called 'Digimon Adventure Tri'.

    It will take place after Season 2 with the original cast in their 'high school days'. Not much else is known other than that it will air this month (or was announced to but we've had no info on the release).

  4. #4329
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Yeah there will be a new season called 'Digimon Adventure Tri'.

    It will take place after Season 2 with the original cast in their 'high school days'. Not much else is known other than that it will air this month (or was announced to but we've had no info on the release).
    After season 2, eh? Then there is a chance for Myotismon to come back. He's been killed like three different times now. He'll be like Super-Omega Myotismon or something insane like that. I wonder how the hardcore fans will react to more Matt and Sora shipping and not Tai and Sora. I still never would have guessed Matt and Sora would have hooked up. I'm fully okay with it though.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  5. #4330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    After season 2, eh? Then there is a chance for Myotismon to come back. He's been killed like three different times now. He'll be like Super-Omega Myotismon or something insane like that. I wonder how the hardcore fans will react to more Matt and Sora shipping and not Tai and Sora. I still never would have guessed Matt and Sora would have hooked up. I'm fully okay with it though.
    Apparently the fandom really dislikes the Season 2 series (or at least the latter half) so i guess if the writers know this, they'll keep a lot of Season 2's elements away from it to secure viewers. They're pretty much advertising it as the return of the original Season 1 crew.

    I never minded Season 2, but being around on this forum thread i've noticed... a lot of hate for it.

  6. #4331
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Apparently the fandom really dislikes the Season 2 series (or at least the latter half) so i guess if the writers know this, they'll keep a lot of Season 2's elements away from it to secure viewers. They're pretty much advertising it as the return of the original Season 1 crew.

    I never minded Season 2, but being around on this forum thread i've noticed... a lot of hate for it.
    I never hated Season 2. I do feel Season's 1, 3, and even 4 are stronger then it though. I just didn't get into the new characters like I should have. It had some interesting ideas and some fun arcs. But overall it could have been better. It's a shame. I really liked Yolei and Cody and feel both are underrated.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  7. #4332
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    After season 2, eh? Then there is a chance for Myotismon to come back. He's been killed like three different times now. He'll be like Super-Omega Myotismon or something insane like that.
    His soul was destroyed in the second season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow came back to torment the DigiDestineds because he's a dick like that. I still doubt Toei will pull the "big bad all along" card with him, unless they somehow manage to pull it off in the end. But that's a really big "IF", and it'd be better to just use a different Digimon than to bring back old villains.

    Dragomon should still be a thing, though.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  8. #4333
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Dragomon should still be a thing, though.
    While I have very low expectations of it happening, nothing would make me happier than seeing the Dark Ocean get explored more in Tri.

    Lovecraftian elements in general can't miss with me, though.

  9. #4334
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    And actually, that brings up a good question: if the Dark Ocean gets explored, would that mean we'll get to see more worlds/dimensions? It was mentioned since the first season(1), Zero Two was a little more into it, though I'm not entirely sure if the other seasons tackled it as well, or they just called it under a different name like "zones"--I think the Xros Wars manga explored it a bit in the second half if I remember correctly. Meanwhile, I don't know if the games went down that route, though I would assume so. There are Digimon that basically move through time-space anyway, right? I can see that playing a plot-point in Tri.

    Next to the Dark Ocean dimension, I would love to see if Witchelny gets a mention for once. Apparently from what little we do know of it, while it's still part of the Digital World, it's run completely different like it has different rules or something, but the inhabitants can move freely between the dimensions. It just makes me wonder if the inhabitants can still be considered Digimon (just exotic), or if they only turn into Digimon when they enter the Digital World.

    (1) I would point to the novels, but I'm going to keep that to myself for now because I don't know how many people know of/about the official novelization of the first season, and also I still need to look more into it than I did this past week. But from what I had read, it was definitely a thing, but wasn't a normal occurrence. The newest CD drama also alluded to it.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  10. #4335
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    And actually, that brings up a good question: if the Dark Ocean gets explored, would that mean we'll get to see more worlds/dimensions? It was mentioned since the first season(1), Zero Two was a little more into it, though I'm not entirely sure if the other seasons tackled it as well, or they just called it under a different name like "zones"--I think the Xros Wars manga explored it a bit in the second half if I remember correctly. Meanwhile, I don't know if the games went down that route, though I would assume so. There are Digimon that basically move through time-space anyway, right? I can see that playing a plot-point in Tri.

    Next to the Dark Ocean dimension, I would love to see if Witchelny gets a mention for once. Apparently from what little we do know of it, while it's still part of the Digital World, it's run completely different like it has different rules or something, but the inhabitants can move freely between the dimensions. It just makes me wonder if the inhabitants can still be considered Digimon (just exotic), or if they only turn into Digimon when they enter the Digital World.

    (1) I would point to the novels, but I'm going to keep that to myself for now because I don't know how many people know of/about the official novelization of the first season, and also I still need to look more into it than I did this past week. But from what I had read, it was definitely a thing, but wasn't a normal occurrence. The newest CD drama also alluded to it.
    With regard to Xros Wars, yes and no. It did the whole crossover thing (with minimal explanation as to how beyond it simply being something Human!Bagramon was capable of, IIRC), but the Zones of Xros Wars and the Lands of Death Generals were just 108/7 fragments of the known Digital World and not really alternate dimensions in the way you mean. I'm not sure how deep the Xros Wars manga went into the matter, beyond making several heavy-handed references to other seasons (such as the Ulforce V-Dramon of Xros Wars possibly being Taichi's partner from V Tamer).

    I frequently forget all about Witchelny, which speaks volumes of how much I'd like to see it get properly acknowledged.

  11. #4336
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    With regard to Xros Wars, yes and no. It did the whole crossover thing (with minimal explanation as to how beyond it simply being something Human!Bagramon was capable of, IIRC), but the Zones of Xros Wars and the Lands of Death Generals were just 108/7 fragments of the known Digital World and not really alternate dimensions in the way you mean. I'm not sure how deep the Xros Wars manga went into the matter, beyond making several heavy-handed references to other seasons (such as the Ulforce V-Dramon of Xros Wars possibly being Taichi's partner from V Tamer).
    Ah, okay. I figured that each season/universe had their own rules when it came to time-space, though it feels like Digimon as a whole are connected, they just can't connect except under very special circumstances (I'll take yours and everyone else's word for it with the Xros Wars anime until I get to it--someday). Kind of reminds me of string theory/theory of everything, oddly enough, except the alternative/parallel worlds are more-or-less very different from one-another that jumping between them would require some kind of... I dunno, scientific/magical (which I think may be a thing for some Digimon) gobbledygook to keep from being ripped apart/erased from existence or what-not. Even Tamers would be all "Yo, this is too much for my own sci-fi to handle."

    I don't know where I'm going with this lol, I'm usually not into the idea of different worlds.

    I frequently forget all about Witchelny, which speaks volumes of how much I'd like to see it get properly acknowledged.
    I've just been looking into it rather lately, especially since in the CD drama and novels but it was more narration than dialogue, Wizardmon commented to Gatomon he's from a different world, and promised to tell her his story one day. Welp, we all know that didn't happen, at least not on-screen. God, the creators had so much going for this character...
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  12. #4337
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,843

    Default



    We got the information for the egg early.

    They'll be re-airing all of Adventure on niconico in Japan on May 4th, 5th, and 6th. When that ends at 10:45pm on the 6th, they will show some Tri. stuff including: a preview for the series/first episode, the rest of the voice cast and an airing schedule.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  13. #4338
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Holy cow, the egg sure hatched quickly. I was half-expecting a Digimon to block it, thank goodness that didn't happen.

    It's going to sound awful of me to say, but this is the best poster, the Digimon are just so freaking adorable here and are just so them. Holy crap I just realized Agumon almost looks like the one Agumon in the Digimon Adventure movie. I also just noticed the eyelashes on the female Digimon and Gabumon, so cute.

    So it sounds like we'll be getting the show in May or June, then? Awesome, I'm marking my calendar for the sixth (technically fifth for us?). Looks like we'll still be keeping an eye on the website unless a sub group's kind enough to get the announcement that day.

    Even with all the negative and positive feelings I got the past few months, I'm so freaking excited for this. Nothing could chase me away from Digimon even if they tried.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

  14. #4339

    Default

    That was quick... so they re-airing the first series in May (on my birthday week) and then we'll get more info and a preview. Is that it?

  15. #4340
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    That was quick... so they re-airing the first series in May (on my birthday week) and then we'll get more info and a preview. Is that it?
    Specifically we should also know when Tri will begin truly airing when we get the preview, but yes, this is the gist of it.

    Was kind of hoping we might get that now, but at this point I'll take a future promise of an airing schedule over nothing.

  16. #4341
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    "Everyone, we meet again"

    Spring doesn't end until mid June, so if Tri releases before then, then there technically wasn't a delay and came out in time as promised.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  17. #4342
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,752

    Default

    Cautiously Optimistic Me would say early June for the Tri Premier.

    Realistic Me says that we might get it a few weeks into Summer, which isn't the end of the world. At least it's coming.

  18. #4343
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post


    We got the information for the egg early.

    They'll be re-airing all of Adventure on niconico in Japan on May 4th, 5th, and 6th. When that ends at 10:45pm on the 6th, they will show some Tri. stuff including: a preview for the series/first episode, the rest of the voice cast and an airing schedule.
    The first thing I looked at when I saw this was Mimi's hat. The big ole pink hat just floating around the digiworld. I was so mad we didn't get to see it just randomly blow away in the wind all through season 2. That would have made season 2 epic. Random battle and then a big pink hat just floats on by through the wind. Glad to see that reference made. I have to keep reminding myself they are doing a new season.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •