Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168
Results 4,176 to 4,196 of 4196

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BJack View Post
    I don't think Digimon 02 will be retconed but I hope they change some things and just ignore some plots like BlackWargreymon, eww.

She already voiced Taichi in the Digimon Adventure game for PSP. I think the only voice actar that didn't come back was Takeru's.
    BlackWarGreymon was my 02 saving grace. The battle of the WarGreymons!

I was talking about the original dub voice actor, my bad. He's been in retirement for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Red View Post
    It's called Digimon Adventure Tri so 02 isn't being retconned. Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken will likely have supporting roles. IIRC, in 02 when Gennai gave Gatomon her tail ring back, the 02 gang lost the ability to DNA Digivolve, so they might not be strong enough to be more then supporting characters.
    Tri does not mean third in fact the official twitters translation just means triangle. It does not mean 3rd or the 3rd part so people need to stop making this assumption that this is 03. It's not and we don't even know what is going to happen. i actually do think 02 is being retconned but not everything. I do think the epilogue may be reconned by how much people hated it but i do think all the degi-destined will exist. It's just very clear that this show will focus on nthe original 8. The 02 kids may cameo and that's a big iF.

Do we have any evidence one way or another that 02 is playing a part in this? As far as I see, it's just fans projecting speculation at this point, so there's no need to argue about this. That being said, I highly doubt they are just going to retcon it out of existence. 02 weren't even that bad, it just ran on too long.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Tri does not mean third in fact the official twitters translation just means triangle. It does not mean 3rd or the 3rd part so people need to stop making this assumption that this is 03. It's not and we don't even know what is going to happen. i actually do think 02 is being retconned but not everything. I do think the epilogue may be reconned by how much people hated it but i do think all the degi-destined will exist. It's just very clear that this show will focus on nthe original 8. The 02 kids may cameo and that's a big iF.
    So, I'm guessing Tri can't have more then one meaning?

In my opinion, it's 03 and until I see proof either wise my opinion will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    Do we have any evidence one way or another that 02 is playing a part in this? As far as I see, it's just fans projecting speculation at this point, so there's no need to argue about this.
    All we know is it's a sequel to Adventures, which could include Zero Two since the series may be taking place about two-three years after Zero Two given Tai's age of 17.

That being said, I highly doubt they are just going to retcon it out of existence. 02 weren't even that bad, it just ran on too long.
    Zero Two lasted as long as the other Digimon series. It felt like it ran on too long because of the convoluted writing. Frontier I had always felt went on a little longer than needed, but it has been years since I last saw the series, and I wasn't really a patient kid at the time when it aired. I was close to losing interest in the season a few times because I had felt like things were going nowhere, especially after Koichi's reveal.

Speaking of episode-length, I've been wondering how long Tri may end up being. It has to be two-cour at the least, but I don't see it going over 50 episodes.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

So, I'm guessing Tri can't have more then one meaning?

In my opinion, it's 03 and until I see proof either wise my opinion will stay that way.
    Is an official site image depicting three inverted triangles proof enough for you?

Granted the reference to three is still obvious, but it meaning triangle is pretty clear.
    Last edited by Akashin; 16th December 2014 at 4:55 AM. Reason: Image wasn't displaying

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Is an official site image depicting three inverted triangles proof enough for you?

Granted the reference to three is still obvious, but it meaning triangle is pretty clear.

Yes and that's not an indication it's 03. In fact the PR says this is a sequel to the 1999 Anime series. That's Adventures NOT 02. That is Adventure.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 16th December 2014 at 7:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Yes and that's not an indication it's 03. In fact the PR says this is a sequel to the 1999 Anime series. That's Adventures NOT 02. That is Adventure.
    1. I wasn't disagreeing with you; I was pointing out that the official site's use of triangles supports your claim that Tri means exactly that.
    2. I'd appreciate you sparing me the pointless clarification on which season is which. I know what I'm talking about, thank you.

With all that said, PR saying this is a sequel to Adventure doesn't say nearly as much about the status of 02 as people seem to think. All they're saying is that this is a sequel to the season that focused on the original eight kids, seeing as the new season returns to focusing on them; that doesn't confirm where 02 lies one way or the other.
    Last edited by Akashin; 16th December 2014 at 2:52 PM.

I still don't see how a triangle means 02 is being retconned that's not proof at all.

A triangle does have three sides, after all.

I'm still going to refer to it as 03, until they say 02 is being retconned so until then it's just speculation.

Tri can still be a sequel focusing on the original 8, while still honouring 02 like please it can happen.

I think it'd be a bad move to retcon 02 just because a bunch of nostalgic Adventure fans didn't like it. Given, it's my least favourite Digimon aside from Young Hunters, but still, it would be horrible marketing to completely disown something that you've created just because some people didn't like it. Own it. I don't think they would retcon it simply because that would be bad for sales and appearance.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 22 is up.

I still don't see how a triangle means 02 is being retconned that's not proof at all.

A triangle does have three sides, after all.

I'm still going to refer to it as 03, until they say 02 is being retconned so until then it's just speculation.

Tri can still be a sequel focusing on the original 8, while still honouring 02 like please it can happen.
    ...And now you can show me where I said that it means that. I said the triangles mean that they're more than likely what Tri is referring to; I said absolutely nothing about 02 being retconned (I neither see it being retconned or want it to be).

Like I said in the post you didn't quote, there's nothing so far to suggest that 02 is being retconned.

...And now you can show me where I said that it means that. I said the triangles mean that they're more than likely what Tri is referring to; I said absolutely nothing about 02 being retconned (I neither see it being retconned or want it to be).

Like I said in the post you didn't quote, there's nothing so far to suggest that 02 is being retconned.
    Uh in the first post you quoted of mine I asked for proof of a 02 retcon and you replied with a picture of a triangle. So yeah.

Uh in the first post you quoted of mine I asked for proof of a 02 retcon and you replied with a picture of a triangle. So yeah.
    No, you asked for proof that Tri is likely to refer to triangle as opposed to 03 (I personally feel it's both). And that's what I provided.

Unless I misunderstood your first post; either way, that's what I meant.

No, you asked for proof that Tri is likely to refer to triangle as opposed to 03 (I personally feel it's both). And that's what I provided.

Unless I misunderstood your first post; either way, that's what I meant.
    No, I said Triangle can't have more then one meaning? With sarcastic eyes. Meaning where does it say that Triangle means 02 is retconned.

So we both misunderstood, my bad on my part

I agree with Griff, 02 really shouldn't get retconned that honor should only belong to Young Hunters. For all of its problems, it still had its characters and good ideas that can be used and developed in this new series. So there's more to gain in keeping them around then shoving them aside and pretending they never happened, particularly since they are still a part of the Adventure universe.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I can't say I know what they will do, but I have a clue what the simplest course of action would be.

They don't have to address the epilogue of the second season at all. This upcoming season is set only a few years after the portion of time covered by the main events of the second season. Unless I am mistaken, the epilogue didn't indicate that the whole world had Digimon partners immediately.

Though that may not be a workable way to deal with the most contentious elements of the epilogue, the relationships it showed or didn't. High school could easily be the starting point of relationships, hence they might not think it out of place to include that.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Found this on the web: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3476535724

The magazine (probably V-Jump) appears to have concept sketches, interestingly one of them shows a certain Mega level Digimon that digivolves from one of the Digimon partners. (No it's WarGreymon or MetalGarurumon)

Regarding 02, pretty much the only thing needs to be retconned, is the ENDING.

Everything else can stay. Heck I actually love the Armor Evolution concept, especially when it is revealed that they can mix and match, resulting in things like Prairiemon, Maildramon, Lynxmon, Gargoylemon, Sagitarimon, Quetzalmon, Shadramon, Harpymon, Rinkmon, Kenkimon, Pteramon, Baronmon, and others.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Regarding 02, pretty much the only thing needs to be retconned, is the ENDING.

Everything else can stay. Heck I actually love the Armor Evolution concept, especially when it is revealed that they can mix and match, resulting in things like Prairiemon, Maildramon, Lynxmon, Gargoylemon, Sagitarimon, Quetzalmon, Shadramon, Harpymon, Rinkmon, Kenkimon, Pteramon, Baronmon, and others.
    My sole issue with Armor Evolution was that it ended up just being a temporary solution to be scrapped in favor of standard Evolution and Jogress later. I would have been much happier if 02 had just stuck with Armor Evolution (I remember when I was younger suspecting that the kids would use both of their Digimentals at once to get to the Perfect level, or something).

I used to have Digimon on a VHS cassette.
    That was a great show, I had a Digimon shirt when I was a kid and I saw the movie where some Digimon takes over the internet hahahah :U

The Jump Festa trailer has finally been posted. With it, we got a good chunk of the gameplay and a bit of the story.

Edit: Also, Hackmon's in the game.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 22nd December 2014 at 9:10 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168