Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166
Results 4,126 to 4,134 of 4134

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just port Decode instead of making ASR, considering 50K people want it and they could of spent time to actually make ASR a good game. Smh
    Walker Sleepover

I bought the Digimon Adventure PSP game in Japanese didn't understand a single word but I did not care. It was amazing being able to play through every episode and arc pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    considering 50K people want it and they could of spent time to actually make ASR a good game. Smh
    50,000 copies of a game sold would qualify as a massive failure.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    50,000 copies of a game sold would qualify as a massive failure.
    That's just 50K guaranteed sales, obviously some people wouldn't know about Operation Decode and new people to the series could pick it up.
    Walker Sleepover

I legit have a ps1 with digimon rumble arena
    Friend code:3969-4581-6677
    I hate rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    That's just 50K guaranteed sales, obviously some people wouldn't know about Operation Decode and new people to the series could pick it up.
    And unless you believe that "some people" and "new people" would qualify for an increase in sales by a factor of ten, it would still qualify as a failure. And no, that's not 50,000 "guaranteed sales" unless you somehow have 50,000 people at gunpoint and/or under ironclad contract to purchase such a game.

That none of these are the case would more seem to indicate that the right choice is very much being made in not localizing whatever game this is.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And unless you believe that "some people" and "new people" would qualify for an increase in sales by a factor of ten, it would still qualify as a failure. And no, that's not 50,000 "guaranteed sales" unless you somehow have 50,000 people at gunpoint and/or under ironclad contract to purchase such a game.

That none of these are the case would more seem to indicate that the right choice is very much being made in not localizing whatever game this is.
    The game in total would still be over 50K regardless with Japan sales but all I was saying is that would of probably been a better choice to port Decode then make a half assed game in ASR. I'm positive Decode would sell better here
    Walker Sleepover

It's a shame the popularity of the franchise is so grim these days, especially in the West. When Digimon was in its prime here, the games we got were pretty lackluster. As much as I loved Rumble Arena, Digital Card Battle and Digimon World 1 back in the day, they weren't exactly gems.

These days, there's a lot of precedent for getting good games out of classic franchises, but Digimon just doesn't have the numbers (in terms of budget or audience) to make the most of it anymore. That upcoming Vita game I saw on Destructoid, Cyber Sleuth, looks like it could actually be decent, but it's unlikely that will make enough money to get localised.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

I blame Pokémon.

I do like Digimon All Star Rumble. It isn't an excellent game, but it's fun and it's Digimon. I hope people buy it so that other games might follow.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 20 is up.

Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166