Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4471

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

That new version of Butter-Fly is delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    what do we really know about the story?
    Very little. Is that bad?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 2nd August 2015 at 6:59 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Nice preview, I do wish it was a bit more telling, but I'll take what I can get. Also, I agree with what's been said about the new version of Butter-fly, it's lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Will Sorato be retconned to appease the Taiora fans? Will they throw us or a complete loop and go for Jora, Izora, or maybe, gasp, Sorimi?
    None of those, Hiora for the win!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Yeah, these trailers are very shy on the details. They've pretty much just been a montage of the characters, with a monster battle to tease you at the end. Not that there's a problem with that; at least we'll be going in mostly unspoiled.

Every glimpse we've seen of Izzy has him looking kind of bored; everyone's hoping for shipping, but I just want to see more of the understated Tai-Izzy bromance. Matt may have been the foil, but Izzy was always 2IC in the original group and that needs to carry over into Tri.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    The source for the triangle is the va playing sora confirming it during her vid at the festival during the stream. She said basically that triangle will be there and that tai is not out of the running yet. Taiora is still a possibility.

As for Takari the va for both tk and Kari confirmed to the press at the event that takari is a very huge possibility in tri.

As far as the epilogue goes they can easily recon it or create their own epilogue for tri. In fact that is what was suggested during the festival.
    Awesome. It always bugs me that Takari never happened at the end of 02.

And yeah, retcon 02's epilogue please.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Just one small problem. The dub added the love triangle. Sorato was always meant to be. It doesn't make me not hopeful. It just bugs me.
    IIRC, Taiora is in the original Japanese version too, but you are right about the 01 head staff wanting Sorato to be the official pairing.

It's just that there were miscommunication mistake among the production staff that caused Taiora hints to show up when the original intention was that they are just friends and the pairing is supposed to be Sorato. You can blame the head staff for making the Sorato hints too subtle that caused even their own staffs and VAs to not recognize it.

Apparently, the Taiora hint in "Our War Game" movie was one of such mistake.

I'm not going to say which one I prefer, though

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Who sings this new Butter-Fly version? Doesn't sound like Koji Wada, though I might be wrong.

Don't really like it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Who sings this new Butter-Fly version? Doesn't sound like Koji Wada, though I might be wrong.

Don't really like it honestly.
    Is Wada. He admitted he voiced had changed plus he is recovering from cancer.

does anyone know the name of the digimon that Omnimon is fighting in the poster a page back?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    does anyone know the name of the digimon that Omnimon is fighting in the poster a page back?
    Alphamon.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Alphamon.

/10char
    Interesting, Alphamon is a holy knight like Omnimon. Why would a Holy knight and Virus Buster be a villain?

Interesting, Alphamon is a holy knight like Omnimon. Why would a Holy knight and Virus Buster be a villain?
    There could be any number of reasons. Of note, the Royal Knights have been antagonists more often than not despite their title and position, though that's not really relevant here.

It's hard to say with the zero context we have.

IIRC Alphamon was a villain in one of the DS games. So it's not that far-fetched.

As has been said, Royal Knights have been villain before
    A more well-known example is in Frontier, if you already watched it, remember the white knight and pink knight Digimon that becomes the antagonists who serve Lucemon? They're Royal Knights, they're Holy Knights, and they're Virus Busters (in fact, the pink one is unique in that she's a Virus, yet she is also a Virus Buster).

Also, Dukemon/Gallantmon is a Holy Knight and a main protagonist's partner, even though its type is Virus.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

The Royal Knights are probably the most ironic group in the franchise. They're supposed to be the good guys that help the Digital World, yet they are almost always portrayed as villains whenever they show up as a group, whether misguided or not. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Alphamon turns out to be another example of that considering it's happened before as mentioned and can happen again.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

The show doesn't seem to pay too much attention to the "expanded universe" (I guess you could call it that) of Digimon groupings. The Royal Knights are probably the only faction that gets consistently name-checked; I've only watched season 1-5, but I don't think I've ever even seen the Virus Busters, Seven Demon Lords, etc. referenced by name. There's been a Demon Lord character in every season since 02, but they've always been doing their own thing.

That said, the Royal Knights were consistent with how they're meant to be characterized in season 5 despite being antagonists. They were fighting to protect the digital world, they just happened to be working for a vindictive idiot.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Alphamon being misguided seems decently likely to me. Makes me wonder if we'll see any other Royal Knights Daisuke and Magnamon though.

Alphamon isn't exactly known for following Yggdrasil's word and doing the sort of things the other Royal Knights did in Savers and X-Evolution, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Alphamon being misguided seems decently likely to me. Makes me wonder if we'll see any other Royal Knights Daisuke and Magnamon though.

Alphamon isn't exactly known for following Yggdrasil's word and doing the sort of things the other Royal Knights did in Savers and X-Evolution, obviously.
    Speaking of Daisuke I always wanted to see V-mon evolve into UlforceV-dramon instead of Imperialdramon or Magnamon.

Too bad the 02 guys seem to be nowhere around.

I've always wanted to see the Veemon counterpart of Skullgreymon, Megidramon and Shinegreymon Ruin Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I've always wanted to see the Veemon counterpart of Skullgreymon, Megidramon and Shinegreymon Ruin Mode.
    That sounds interesting, but unfortunately, given Davis' character and the fact Veemon's basically a Davis clone in Digimon form, I doubt it'll ever happen. Something really wrong in the universe/balance has to occur before that can ever be a thing, most likely.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I AM SO EXCITED. I recently got a tattoo of "the biggest dreamer" tattooed on my as an ode to my love for Tamers. As excited as I am for Tri, I really hope they do something like they are with Tri for Tamers. There was an open ended ending, after all.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

This might be because I have seen far more animated entertainment besides this show, but did anybody think that that Kuwagamon from the preview had training from Hell like Stinkmeaner? If that was the same Kuwagamon like in the first episode, then that dude has gotten PUMPED.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    This might be because I have seen far more animated entertainment besides this show, but did anybody think that that Kuwagamon from the preview had training from Hell like Stinkmeaner? If that was the same Kuwagamon like in the first episode, then that dude has gotten PUMPED.
    (Lol that clip. Never watched Boondocks but that's funny.)

Actually, isn't it funny how there was not one Kuwagamon that got defeated by the DigiDestined in the Digimon universe, or at least in the first season? Think this will be the first time we'll get to see one finally go down?
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Very little. Is that bad?
    Considering it has been announced so long ago and all we have is "it's the season one protagonists, wait for it, in high school! oh and the digimon fight again (shocker)", I am slightly annoyed.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Considering it has been announced so long ago and all we have is "it's the season one protagonists, wait for it, in high school! oh and the digimon fight again (shocker)", I am slightly annoyed.
    I got that, but... why? Is it that much of a problem that you don't know anything beyond the basic details before it actually releases/airs? Isn't it better to go in mostly blind so as to be a surprise and otherwise not have your expectations skewed one way or the other?

It's just not clear why someone would be annoyed that they only knew a few story details of a forthcoming narrative like that, is all.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It is really intressing that Davis did go on the same path that Tai did with SkullGreymon. We kinda had with with "The Davis that cried wolfmon" But it didn't happen that way. The only evolution I could see Veemon going crazy is the Digi Egg of light evolution

The character profiles are up. Here's the translations.

Yagami Hikari:
    2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.

Takaishi Takeru:
    2nd year middle school student. Very popular among girls in school. Due to his parents divorce, he lives separately from his brother Yamato, they both get along really well. His partner is Patamon.

Jou Kido:
    3rd year senior high school student. In order to pass his university entrance exam, he's been going to night school and studying really hard, but stress about his entrance exam and test results.
    His Partner Digimon is Gomamon.

Tachikawa Mimi:
    First year senior high school student. A really bright, and outgoing girl, who's currently living in America. Her partner Digimon is Palmon.

Izumi Koushiro:
    First year senior high school student. Very good with computer, quickly grasps on situation, and strong analyzing skills. He has the side of him where he's really focus on what he's doing. His partner is Tentomon.

Ishida Yamato:
    2nd year senior high school student. Even he's in his senior high school, he still continues with his band as base and vocalist. His partner Digimon is Gabumon.

Takenouchi Sora:
    2nd year senior high school student. She's like a "big sister" among the Chosen Children. She's Taichi's classmate. Her partner Digimon is Piyomon.

Yagami Taichi:
    2nd year senior high school student. Part of the school soccer club, who pratices really hard on soccer every day, lately he's been trying to decide on his future career. His partner Digimon is Agumon.

Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179 LastLast