Page 180 of 189 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4717

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Where did you get this information from? An article
    Translated from the recent character bios. So I don't know if 100% accurate.
    Also, 9/11 in this universe. Yikes.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Also, 9/11 in this universe. Yikes.
    It's a freaky thought, but I dunno, Digimon always seemed like it was set in as down-to-earth as possible. So I'm both not surprised, and rather pleased that it's been acknowledged in some form, even if it's only Mimi who got to experience it first-hand.

The official website updated its story bio, and there's a translation (copy-pasted from a reblog on Tumblr):

It’s been 6 years since Yagami Taichi and the Chosen Children went to the other world, the Digital World, in that summer adventure, and 3 years since Yagami Hikari and the others’ last battle against BelialVamdemon.

As peaceful days continue, the gate to the Digital World closes at one point. Times passes without even the Chosen Children knowing why it has closed…

Then, one day, a Kuwagamon suddenly appears in Odaiba. The town is destroyed and people flee in panic from its rampage. Taichi, who happens to see the Kuwagamon by chance, chases after it alone in order to stop it. But Taichi is powerless to do anything against the Kuwagamon by himself.

“It’s no good… I can’t do anything on my own…”

As Kuwagamon closes in on Taichi with a roar, his Digivice suddenly begins to glow bright–
    “Taichi, you sure got big!”
    At the sound of that familiar voice, the story turns largely once again.

Yagami Taichi, 17-years-old, high school.
    The adventure evolves once again…
    Should lay to rest the "Is Zero Two canon?" debate now.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 7 - 1/19/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Should lay to rest the "Is Zero Two canon?" debate now.
    There were some character bios posted in the Tri thread over on Animesuki a few days ago where direct reference to 02 was made, too. But yeah, if even that didn't settle it beyond a shred of doubt, this does.

The whole thing about 02 debate wasn't about the entire story, it's about the epilogue.

What people don't want to be canon is the epilogue, the whole "what happened when they're adults" part, not the entire story.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The whole thing about 02 debate wasn't about the entire story, it's about the epilogue.

What people don't want to be canon is the epilogue, the whole "what happened when they're adults" part, not the entire story.
    That and the climax during the epilogue. It was weird.

"I just have to look the part."

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

I'm not sure why it makes much sense to expect everything of 02 but the epilogue to be canon, but, either way, the epilogue is canon anyway as far as I am aware.

Character announcement on the main site (under the news section) including seiyuu:

Daigo Nishijima (Daisuke Namikawa), the calligraphy part-time teacher and substitute homeroom teacher for Tai and Sora's class:

And Maki Himekawa (Yuuko Kaida), the mysterious woman who appears before the DigiDestined children.

Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 7 - 1/19/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

So why haven't the 02 kids appeared in the trailers or promotional posters?

There's been some Zero Two merchandise lately and there's going to be a marathon stream in a few days, but it's most likely because they're not the main focus. If they show up, then they show up, but there's six movies. At some point, they probably will, but I'm personally just fine that Zero Two is definitely canon. A mention or two is probably all we'll get in the first film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_va5mh-GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1HyoHXQ-c

Two new teases. Koumi and Takari shipper teases.

Sora calling Taichi.

Yamato and Taichi arguing.

Sorato standing together

Infected Digimon

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Infected Digimon
    Is that what Daigo and Maki were talking about? They're working together, aren't they? I wonder if they're like agents for the Digital World or something.

Though how interesting that we don't have any more information on the glasses girl, yet. Guess they're going to make her as mysterious as possible until the movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Is that what Daigo and Maki were talking about? They're working together, aren't they? I wonder if they're like agents for the Digital World or something.

Though how interesting that we don't have any more information on the glasses girl, yet. Guess they're going to make her as mysterious as possible until the movie comes out.
    I think the dude is good, but we'll have to see. He's the one that says we're counting on you chosen children.

Takari and Koumi ship teases were so awesome

I'm very ambivalent about the Koumi shipping tease in that trailer. The Takari I'm fine with, because honestly everyone could see that from space. But I'm torn between liking the idea of Izzy getting some appreciation, and thinking he should be above such petty emotions. Then again, it could just be a tease and nothing more.

It's funny that the most amount of shipping talk goes into the first series when it probably had the least amount of romantic teasing between characters (unless you count the movie). 02 really kicked that off with the Davis/TK/Kari love triangle (go team D!), and the epilogue hook-ups that everybody got all angsty about. Then Tamers had Takato's Charlie Brown-esque crush on Jeri that actually became pretty significant, and Ryo and Rika doing the Han/Leia slap-slap-kiss thing. Frontier was 4 blokes and 1 girl trapped together for the entire season, do the math. And Data Squad...was actually mostly dry now that I think about it. Then again, Yoshi was way too old for Marcus and Thomas, but they seemed more like each other's type anyway. Not sure what it was like in Fusion/Xros, still haven't watched that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    It's funny that the most amount of shipping talk goes into the first series when it probably had the least amount of romantic teasing between characters (unless you count the movie). 02 really kicked that off with the Davis/TK/Kari love triangle (go team D!), and the epilogue hook-ups that everybody got all angsty about. Then Tamers had Takato's Charlie Brown-esque crush on Jeri that actually became pretty significant, and Ryo and Rika doing the Han/Leia slap-slap-kiss thing. Frontier was 4 blokes and 1 girl trapped together for the entire season, do the math. And Data Squad...was actually mostly dry now that I think about it. Then again, Yoshi was way too old for Marcus and Thomas, but they seemed more like each other's type anyway. Not sure what it was like in Fusion/Xros, still haven't watched that.
    Xros Wars had the typical childhood friends thing going on with Taiki and Akari. And some people claim there was a ghost of a hint of a thing between Nene and Kiriha, but I never saw it and always assumed that one had more to do with the fact that the only other significant non-Taiki male already had an obviously comic relief crush on Nene, so Kiriha was all that was left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    I'm very ambivalent about the Koumi shipping tease in that trailer. The Takari I'm fine with, because honestly everyone could see that from space. But I'm torn between liking the idea of Izzy getting some appreciation, and thinking he should be above such petty emotions. Then again, it could just be a tease and nothing more.

Yep the Takari one is not shocking at all in fact that's the pair everybody expects that they'll recon the epilogue to end up together but Koumi? IDK what to think about that, we'll have to see.

All I want to know is they will please fix one of the biggest disappointments of everyone's childhood and canonize Taiora.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Might "everyone's" childhood be generalizing just a little bit?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I may be wrong but didn't Frontier have some Takuya and Zoe/Izumi hints, especially the library scene near the end? Of course, that may have been the dub's writting.

The shipping talk is getting a bit excessive.

Please dial it down a little.

Yeah talk about shipping someplace else. Let's talk about non-romantic stuff like how cool those teasers were. Omnimon vs Alphamon still looks epic!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Yeah talk about shipping someplace else. Let's talk about non-romantic stuff like how cool those teasers were. Omnimon vs Alphamon still looks epic!
    I wonder what the context behind it is. The new footage didn't show them fighting in that void, X Evolution-esque area they were shown fighting in last time.

I'm liking Taichi's design more every time I see it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_va5mh-GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1HyoHXQ-c

Two new teases. Koumi and Takari shipper teases.

Sora calling Taichi.

Yamato and Taichi arguing.

Sorato standing together

Infected Digimon
    Those two trailers have so many similar scenes they should have simply made them one same trailer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'm not sure why it makes much sense to expect everything of 02 but the epilogue to be canon, but, either way, the epilogue is canon anyway as far as I am aware.
    The epilogue tells about the future, which can still be changed. So it does makes sense.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Might "everyone's" childhood be generalizing just a little bit?
    Probably, although A LOT of people were upset by what happened. Any gander at a message board about this show here and elsewhere tells you that sentiment hasn't gone away.

Anyway, is ma boi Davis going to be in this show?
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Any gander at a message board about this show here and elsewhere tells you that sentiment hasn't gone away.
    It's nearly a decade and a half later. If they haven't moved on yet, I don't know what to to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Anyway, is ma boi Davis going to be in this show?
    Nothing regarding any of the 02 characters has appeared yet.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Why this is the Digimon thread and there's no other shipping place on this board. There's one for all the Pokemon ships but that doesn't entail any other anime shows.

Probably, although A LOT of people were upset by what happened. Any gander at a message board about this show here and elsewhere tells you that sentiment hasn't gone away.
    I'm not sure about Taiora but I do believe they will give us Takari. Which in all honesty was the most developed "pairing" if you will on this show that was also in the original and wasn't just dubtext.

Page 180 of 189 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast