Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179
Results 4,451 to 4,471 of 4471

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri coming November 2015

Most of these sound about right. Still looking forward to seeing how "high school band bass and vocals" will eventually lead to "first man on Mars". He seems a bit young to be into David Bowie.

Other than that, does the implication that both Kari and TK have become popular with the opposite sex suggest shipping shenanigans? Maybe along the lines of "I have eyes from everyone, but only eyes for you"? Because that's where that could be leading. I'm not big into shipping, but I feel like that's the pairing that everybody's hoping for.

Finally, Joe's profile is missing a third sentence. It should simply read "also, action hero".
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Wait, so Jou is still a high school student here? Probably means this is around the same year as the 02 plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Wait, so Jou is still a high school student here? Probably means this is around the same year as the 02 plot.
    02 takes place in 2002, Tri's going to be set in 2005, I imagine mid-2005 if it starts in August. Joe is in his third year in high school, so he's a senior in that sense thus he's everyone's sempai*shot*. The blurb states he's going to night school so he can pass the university entrance exam(s), which don't happen until January (so if we see Joe ever take those exams, then the movie(s) will go into 2006). Similar to how he went to cram school in Our War Game, he's basically going to be the busiest, possibly most stressed of the DigiDestined. I don't think his decision to become a doctor has changed, so this was to be expected.

So it looks like Mimi will probably be in America for a while longer, though she's obviously wearing the same school uniform as Sora, thus she should have moved back. In the PV, it looks like she's at a terminal or at the subway, so that should be something established in the beginning of the film, I guess? I mean, in the show, she went back and forth a few times, it looked like (any other time we saw her was in the Digital World), so this is probably second nature for her or something. Even so, one thing I wish we got to see at least once was Mimi in America; far as I remember, we never got one scene.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    He was only in middle school in 02. The college entrance exams he was preparing for were only high school entrance exams in the original.

Kutie Pie's right on the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    02 takes place in 2002, Tri's going to be set in 2005, I imagine mid-2005 if it starts in August. Joe is in his third year in high school, so he's a senior in that sense thus he's everyone's sempai*shot*. The blurb states he's going to night school so he can pass the university entrance exam(s), which don't happen until January (so if we see Joe ever take those exams, then the movie(s) will go into 2006). Similar to how he went to cram school in Our War Game, he's basically going to be the busiest, possibly most stressed of the DigiDestined. I don't think his decision to become a doctor has changed, so this was to be expected.

So it looks like Mimi will probably be in America for a while longer, though she's obviously wearing the same school uniform as Sora, thus she should have moved back. In the PV, it looks like she's at a terminal or at the subway, so that should be something established in the beginning of the film, I guess? I mean, in the show, she went back and forth a few times, it looked like (any other time we saw her was in the Digital World), so this is probably second nature for her or something. Even so, one thing I wish we got to see at least once was Mimi in America; far as I remember, we never got one scene.
    Yeah, I messed up w/ the timeline lol. I love Jou though, he's always been my favorite along with Mimi and Yamato. Hopefully he'll keep the same personality from the previous series.

Speaking of Mimi, I wonder what they're gonna do with Palmon if she evolves to ultimate level in these OVAs.. I know Rosemon's basically canon for her since it's showcased in videogames and stuff, but IMO it'd be weird to see both Mimi and Yoshino having the same partner, even if they're not in the same Digimon timeline/dimension. I've always wanted Lalamon to evolve into Lotusmon for that very reason.

Apparently Jou is getting voiced by Junya Ikeda, most well known for his role as Gokai Silver/Gai Ikari in Tensai Sentai Gokaiger. That's really nice news to hear, if you're a Sentai fanatic like I am, this man is too adorable and awesome hugging Agumon.

Last edited by Blue Saturday; 17th August 2015 at 3:16 PM.

Yeah we knew this way back in May when the cast for the Digidestined was revealed. Kari's voice actress M.A.O did Gokaiger (Super Megaforce) as well if you're interested

And speaking of voice actors, I decided to look them up (because I hadn't for some reason), and Taichi's new voice actor, Natsuki Hanae, is the one who portrayed Hikari on Nagi no Asukara and Ken from Tokyo Ghoul. (Never saw the latter, I did for the former, still thought I'd list it.) Yamato's Yoshimasa Hosoya, who some people may recognize as Arata "Megane" Wataya from Chihayafuru and Sousuke from Free!: Eternal Summer (I personally know him best as Ginti from Death Parade).

While I'm not familiar with Takeru's voice actor, looks like the others are solid. I'm still going to miss the originals, but at least they met halfway for the Digimon.
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

At least the animation and art doesn't look Sailor Moon Crystal / Dragon Ball Super-tier in quality, Toei just knows that people will probably watch based off the name alone and they apparently underpay and understaff many shows and animators.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Saturday View Post
    At least the animation and art doesn't look Sailor Moon Crystal / Dragon Ball Super-tier in quality, Toei just knows that people will probably watch based off the name alone and they apparently underpay and understaff many shows and animators.
    Toei's not the only one, just about every single animation studio not Studio Ghibli does this. Toei's one of the oldest animation studios in Japan, so they're more infamous for their quality even though there's probably one or two other studios who are just as worse, if not more. *coughDEENcough*

One of the complaints I've been seeing about the animation in Tri, however, is how Atsuya Uki's style didn't transition into animation like it did with Tsuritama. Now personally, I'm happy with what we've got in the PV, because the human designs on the posters bothered me a bit for Digimon, although I'm still going back-and-forth on whether it looks good on the Digimon or not (even though I feel Atsuya Uki's talented when it comes to his monster designs). The thick lines are something I'm not a fan of, especially since it stuck out so much in Savers.

Also, the quality doesn't seem to be the same quality as in the Dragon Ball Z movies. Which I'm not shocked at all, they treat it like royalty if you ask me (well, for the most part).

Also, the quality doesn't seem to be the same quality as in the Dragon Ball Z movies. Which I'm not shocked at all, they treat it like royalty if you ask me (well, for the most part).
    TBH, I thought a lot of Toei's older shows have far better animation than the new stuff. Dragon Ball Kai in a lot of areas looks far better and natural than Super, same for Sailor Moon vs. Crystal, it really seems like they've gotten worse at animating or at least much cheaper. DBZ movies always look nice at least, but man when you compare Toei to MADHOUSE for example and take a look at Hunter x Hunter which ran for near 150 episodes weekly and looks amazing so far on my first watch through versus Toei's only 26-episode, infinitely more popular Sailor Moon remake, and take notice to the quality in a 26-episode anime being that horrid, I think there's an issue. Even juggernauts like Dragon Ball Super apparently have amassed a lot of money but get poor animation.

Has any made a timeline for the series yet? Other than that I hope we get to see the other Digimon evolve into the mega forms.

Toei's not the only one, just about every single animation studio not Studio Ghibli does this. Toei's one of the oldest animation studios in Japan, so they're more infamous for their quality even though there's probably one or two other studios who are just as worse, if not more. *coughDEENcough*

One of the complaints I've been seeing about the animation in Tri, however, is how Atsuya Uki's style didn't transition into animation like it did with Tsuritama. Now personally, I'm happy with what we've got in the PV, because the human designs on the posters bothered me a bit for Digimon, although I'm still going back-and-forth on whether it looks good on the Digimon or not (even though I feel Atsuya Uki's talented when it comes to his monster designs). The thick lines are something I'm not a fan of, especially since it stuck out so much in Savers.

Yeah that's one thing that really annoyed me about Data Squad(aside from the ending which I'm not sure what to think about, though I'm leaning more towards not liking it) They just seem random and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Has any made a timeline for the series yet? Other than that I hope we get to see the other Digimon evolve into the mega forms.
    The important parts are that the Chosen kids saw the Greymon/Parrotmon fight in '95; Adventure happened in '99; 02 happened in, well, '02; and now Tri will be set in '05. There's probably a timeline somewhere that breaks it down far more than that, and accounts for the Wonderswan games, but that's the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Saturday View Post
    Apparently Jou is getting voiced by Junya Ikeda, most well known for his role as Gokai Silver/Gai Ikari in Tensai Sentai Gokaiger. That's really nice news to hear, if you're a Sentai fanatic like I am, this man is too adorable and awesome hugging Agumon.
    Kaizoku Sentai. For a sentai fanatic it's really odd that you got it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Kari's voice actress M.A.O did Gokaiger (Super Megaforce) as well if you're interested
    M.A.O. has nothing to do with Super Megatrash, though the show she is in (Gokaiger) does. But M.A.O. herself is not.

Still, both GokaiYellow AND GokaiSilver in Tri? That's amusing and really make me interested

Even so, one thing I wish we got to see at least once was Mimi in America; far as I remember, we never got one scene.
    .....we got some scenes of Mimi in America, in both 02 series and 02 movie.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    .....we got some scenes of Mimi in America, in both 02 series and 02 movie.
    If it was in the 02 movie, I haven't seen it in its entirety outside of the botched dubbed movie. When it comes to the TV series, I don't remember the world tour arc very well, so if we saw her in America, it had to have been during that time, especially with Michael. And even then, I think she traveled back to Japan just before the last episode to meet up with everyone. But what I'd like to see when it comes to Mimi in America is her hanging out with her American friends either in school, or out in a park or mall or something--I don't even know if we got that, and I doubt we ever will if she's just going to end up moving back to Japan to enroll in the same high school as the others.

Half an episode during the world tour took place in New York City, complete with Mimi and Michael.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Kind of wish the art style of the games were the cartoon's art style. Just to see how my nostalgia would be affected.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Kaizoku Sentai. For a sentai fanatic it's really odd that you got it wrong
    Well, I back and forthed in watches of Gokaiger and Goseiger so, yeah.

If it was in the 02 movie, I haven't seen it in its entirety outside of the botched dubbed movie.
    The botched dubbed movie does cut that part. In the original, Takeru and Hikari was with Mimi in America when Wendigomon showed up to kidnap Mimi (he actually kidnapped all the 01 kids, except Takeru and Hikari whose Digivices are now different). The laptop they were using actually belongs to Mimi, who suddenly disappeared.

.....It was never explained how the two was able to visit America on their own, though. The other 02 kids also showed up in America just moments after Takeru and Hikari called them. Most likely they go there via the Digital World, which technically would make them entering the country illegally lol.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

.....It was never explained how the two was able to visit America on their own, though. The other 02 kids also showed up in America just moments after Takeru and Hikari called them. Most likely they go there via the Digital World, which technically would make them entering the country illegally lol.
    I could've sworn there was a shot of an airplane, so maybe the three took a plane xD? It's really, really weird. I don't even even know where they even were when they got the message, they were just on vacation (unless they were in California just because). And of course, they had to have arrived somewhere in the Midwest in order to meet up with Wallace halfway, so...

I get why Saban did what they did with the movie, bless their hearts (the first half of the film was basically filled with padding, that drove me nuts). But there was totally a missed opportunity here to leave in the plot of the original DigiDestined being spirited away and made that attempt to tie in the virus sub-plot with it. It would've been stupid, but at least they wouldn't have changed the plot as much, and maybe it would've cut down on the size of the plotholes. Maybe. But it still would've kept to that dub plotline they made to link the movies together.

I also noticed that we never saw the original DigiDestined again after Kokomon showed up to check them out, not even an after-credits scene. I'm going to assume they were erased out of existence in that world. The movie's not canon anyway, no one can convince me otherwise.

Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179