Page 181 of 195 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 4852

Thread: Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's nearly a decade and a half later. If they haven't moved on yet, I don't know what to to tell them.
    Kek, check out the MAL forum page on this show - the shipping is real. Might be one of those things that leaves a sour taste no matter how long it has been.

Nothing regarding any of the 02 characters has appeared yet.

Ah gotcha, wouldn't they also be in the same high school though?
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Kek, check out the MAL forum page on this show - the shipping is real. Might be one of those things that leaves a sour taste no matter how long it has been.
    Don't use MAL as an example--actually, I don't think anything should be used as an example just because it's everywhere. Shippers are just scary in general, and you're always going to have that one group of people who are sour over canonized choices for years. While I do like Taiora while still accepting of Sorato, I'm starting to think Taiora shippers are becoming worse than Pokémon shippers. They're the Flying Dutchman of the shipping seas, I'm telling you.

It's going to be hell when the Takari/Dakari shippers rise back up. It's going to happen.

Ah gotcha, wouldn't they also be in the same high school though?
    The Zero Two cast? Yolei might be a high school student, but they'll be middle schoolers, so they'd probably attend the same school as Kari and T.K. Cody I think will still be in elementary school.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Don't use MAL as an example--actually, I don't think anything should be used as an example just because it's everywhere. Shippers are just scary in general, and you're always going to have that one group of people who are sour over canonized choices for years. While I do like Taiora while still accepting of Sorato, I'm starting to think Taiora shippers are becoming worse than Pokémon shippers. They're the Flying Dutchman of the shipping seas, I'm telling you.

It's going to be hell when the Takari/Dakari shippers rise back up. It's going to happen.
    Actually if anything it will be Sorato/Taiora

There's absolutely 0 indication that the 02 kids will play important roles in Tri at all. I think they may have cameos but they won't be the focus. The focus will be on the original 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The epilogue tells about the future, which can still be changed. So it does makes sense.
    The finer details, sure, but in general? Like I said though, as far as I am aware the epilogue (at least the general idea of it) is still canon regardless. If we're talking about little things like Takari not happening then yeah, I could see them changing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    The finer details, sure, but in general? Like I said though, as far as I am aware the epilogue (at least the general idea of it) is still canon regardless. If we're talking about little things like Takari not happening, sure, I could see them changing something like that.
    Yep that's what I expect will be the changes they do. They won't change the whole epilogue but changing a pairing or having one end up together won't change the whole epilogue.

MAL forum page
    What's MAL forum?

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    What's MAL forum?
    My Anime List's forum.

Actually if anything it will be Sorato/Taiora

There's absolutely 0 indication that the 02 kids will play important roles in Tri at all. I think they may have cameos but they won't be the focus. The focus will be on the original 8.
    I meant what I said. Taiora/Sorato shippers are already starting to get cagey, but the moment there's confirmation the Zero Two cast will appear (or when the movie comes out and they do show up regardless of news), Takari/Dakari shippers will immediately jump in, and it's just going to get messy. I'm just a little surprised the Taito shippers are remaining quiet right now, although I've been seeing Michi popping up. They're pretty mellow about it, but they've been coming around alongside Koumi.

I'm kinda not looking forward to the Digimon ships rolling in at this point, but those have at least been civil for the most part. Except Pata/Gato and Vee/Gato. Those always seem to butt heads.
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

The finer details, sure, but in general? Like I said though, as far as I am aware the epilogue (at least the general idea of it) is still canon regardless. If we're talking about little things like Takari not happening then yeah, I could see them changing something like that.
    Yep that's what I expect will be the changes they do. They won't change the whole epilogue but changing a pairing or having one end up together won't change the whole epilogue.

Yep, that's the part people want to change. I don't think anyone actually cares about their adult job or how many children they have. They only care about the pairing.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yep, that's the part people want to change. I don't think anyone actually cares about their adult job or how many children they have.
    Yeah and it won't change really much anything. Which is why I could easily see them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well hardcore shippers aren't great in general. But I'm sure a lot of people were/are casual supporters of Taiora, and would be keen on seeing that get retconned.

Actually the reactions might be worse this time around if things don't pan out the way people want them to. At least viewers back then were mostly kids, and the epilogue covered a distant future. But now they are going back to the characters in high school and explicitly focusing on character relationships - the original audience will have grown-up by now.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Well hardcore shippers aren't great in general. But I'm sure a lot of people were/are casual supporters of Taiora, and would be keen on seeing that get retconned.

Actually the reactions might be worse this time around if things don't pan out the way people want them to. At least viewers back then were mostly kids, and the epilogue covered a distant future. But now they are going back to the characters in high school and explicitly focusing on character relationships - the original audience will have grown-up by now.
    Which is why I think it's pretty clear that they're gonna give us Takari in Tri and they'll be added to the epilogue since they were in that poster a long long time ago and that was made by Toei. and Sorato will be developed more.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 26th September 2015 at 9:22 AM.

and Sorato will be developed more.
    Yeah, I don't think people want more development. I think they want retcon.

Why should we have more Digimon adventure film series and not a new series of Digimon season or have a Digimon sequel of the other season like Tamer or Frotier? It like banadai in America not letting go of the Mighty Morphing Power Ranger and not giving us some new then going back to the past. I know that Digimon adventure is an important series that started the whole thing but we need to have the more sequels of things that are just as important then Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Why should we have more Digimon adventure film series and not a new series of Digimon season or have a Digimon sequel of the other season like Tamer or Frotier? It like banadai in America not letting go of the Mighty Morphing Power Ranger and not giving us some new then going back to the past. I know that Digimon adventure is an important series that started the whole thing but we need to have the more sequels of things that are just as important then Adventure
    Tri is part of the 15th Anniversary of Digimon. Of course they would focus on the first season.

It's been brought up that most of us would like a sequel to Tamers or a new Digimon series, but I think one of the biggest reasons for why we're returning to the original eight children is because of nostalgia while also celebrating the 15th anniversary (more like 16th anniversary at this point, and 17th next year). I guess apparently celebrating anniversaries means returning to what started it all, although six movies months apart kind of pushes it a bit, and does feel like they're hesitating making a new TV series at the moment. But if you ask me, Toei probably decided to jump on the nostalgia bandwagon while it's still hot.

With what happened with Hunters, though, this is probably just a precaution to calm the fans down until they're ready to do another season.

I was think that they should have made the series about the adventure kids then the characters from that season.

Season 1 was great, season 2 was pretty good, season 3 was alright. After that I stopped watching. Humans changing into digimon killed it for me.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I would love a sequel to Tamers. It was dark and enjoyable. Although attempted suicide on screen was a bit much. I really want to know if they managed to see their partners again because the CD drama and movie contradict each other. I want that straightened out.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Movies are usually non-canon due to ignoring the source material sometimes. For example, how the hell did Beelzemon get Behemoth back in Runaway Locomon?

As far as the argument over which should be canon between Runaway Locomon and Message in the Packet goes, I've always gone with Message. Sad as it is, it just fits Tamers better. Plus, of the two it's the only one Konaka wrote, if I recall.

Tri is part of the 15th Anniversary of Digimon. Of course they would focus on the first season.
    Also it's only 6 OVAS of 80 minutes each, so it's not a big deal unless you're an adventure/nostalgia fan.

I'm sure they'll come up with a proper new anime series in the near future.

I'm asking myself why is Tk and Kari are here in this movie. To a point where they are not really a part of the Adventure team anymore because they are a part of 02 so why can't they be not be in this movie and be about the charcater that don't have 02 digivices. It will give the character like Joe, Mimi and Sora more development. Kari and Tk had their chance to shine in Digimon 02 and failed. They should be only cameos and nothing more

I'm asking myself why is Tk and Kari are here in this movie. To a point where they are not really a part of the Adventure team anymore because they are a part of 02 so why can't they be not be in this movie and be about the charcater that don't have 02 digivices. It will give the character like Joe, Mimi and Sora more development. Kari and Tk had their chance to shine in Digimon 02 and failed. They should be only cameos and nothing more
    Err, no. Hikari and Takeru are part of both teams, not one or the other. They're part of the original Chosen Children, so they're part of the focus group of these movies, simple as that.

Thankfully, the creators of these movies don't think in terms of who got their time to shine and when. If they did, Taichi and Yamato should probably be taking a back seat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    Season 1 was great, season 2 was pretty good, season 3 was alright. After that I stopped watching. Humans changing into digimon killed it for me.
    I actually enjoyed Frontier. It's Savers that killed it for me. Digimon feels much more enjoyable with kids as the protagonists.

On the other hand, we don't need kids like Tagiru. Young Hunters is better forgotten completely.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I actually enjoyed Frontier. It's Savers that killed it for me. Digimon feels much more enjoyable with kids as the protagonists.
    I dunno, I don't mind the idea of teenagers being the main protagonists (that's already happening with Tri, after all, although I swear most of the cast of Frontier were teenagers), but I think the problem with Savers, from what I've seen so far, are the characters themselves not being very interesting. Outside of possibly Ikuto (although I've been getting bored with him as well), I can't say I've been rooting for anyone, or liking any of the human characters. Masaru is a delinquent but knows what it means to be a man, I get it, but his shtick of his fiery temper and punching Digimon got old very quickly. Touma is basically a rich Matt, except Matt was never this cold, and ordered his Digimon around like he was working for him. (I was also spoiled about what he does later on, further cementing his Matt-expy status, except maybe worse?) Yoshino is the worst of the bunch for being useless, even after she gets over her inferiority complex, I guess. It doesn't help her Japanese voice actress sucks bricks, I can't stand listening to her.

There's also the pacing problems, but every Digimon season has this. I just think this is the first I've ever watched a Digimon season where none of the characters have interested me. I'm halfway done with Savers, but I don't think it's going to get any better for me, even after all of the spoilers. I commend Toei for making a Digimon season for the older fans, but apparently the season's either just a mess, or it's not for me. Or I may have made a mistake going for the subs and should've just went for the dub despite what I've heard about it, I don't know. I'm thinking at this point, I wouldn't even touch the dub just to try it until I flush this out of my system, and that's going to take a long time.

Page 181 of 195 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast