Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

I love Digimon, but I don't like the new thing they have going in season 5. It's just not the same. My favourite series was Tamers and I still long that one day there will be a Tamers Zero Two...As for season 4, Frontier, I actually think that it's alright.

I used to LOVE digimon.
    Too bad pokemon games are alot better, for ds.
    The only good games imo are Digimon World 4 which gets boring after awhile & Digimon World Championship *DS*, which isn't even popular enough for online play.
    Diamond FC : 2835 8306 9726

Nothing compares to, a quiet evening alone.
    - cen i maek ur mom chop mi m0rnnq wood?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Dubbing - the voice cast and performances - and writing are two different things.
    When I look at dubbing I only look at the writing. Very rarely do I care about how the voices sound unless they're extremely bad... Like Higurashi's dub for instance.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

I don't know why you'd look at it that way, but voice acting is as much a part of the dubbing process as the writing and should be evaluated as such.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Digimon used to be my fav show ever...until they stopped trying Q~Q

I had started watching the whole series online, but got caught up with school and work and stuff and forgot...

BTW, what are your favorite seasons? Mine is 02
    PASBL
    Quanny's Back :]

Digimon is dead in my place after Tamers. I don't know why..
    The dubbing is a so-so, because some voice actors are good while some are not.
    I love Adventure and Tamers, Terriermon FTW!
    Last edited by Prisimviere; 18th October 2009 at 5:07 AM.
    Current Rank: <Marsh Trainer>

5th Generation? OH YES.
    Currently Inactive. I won't be here for long. I'm taking a non-virtual vacation/

Digimon was cool. My fav season out of the five was Frontier. Turning into Digimon=Epicness!

I loved Digimon! Actually, I love it even more than I love Pokemon. Digimon anime>Pokemon anime but Pokemon games>Digimon games. I hated completely hated Season 4 and 5 because I always liked Digimon for the fact that they had partners that relied solely on each other instead of like Pokemon where the trainer had 6 that stayed in the Pokeballs most of the time. It was fun seeing that interaction and seeing the Digimon digivolve into the different forms.
    Last edited by denizenofevil; 18th October 2009 at 7:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by denizenofevil View Post
    I loved Digimon! Actually, I love it even more than I love Pokemon. Digimon anime>Pokemon anime but Pokemon games>Digimon games. I hated completely hated Season 4 and 5 because I always liked Digimon for the fact that they had partners that relied solely on each other instead of like Pokemon where the trainer had 6 that stayed in the Pokeballs most of the time. It was fun seeing that interaction and seeing the Digimon digivolve into the different forms.
    In that case, why do you dislike Savers? Masaru, Tohma, Yoshino, and the rest all had individual partners, but more or less worked for an organization to keep the peace. They (read: Yoshino in only a couple episodes) also had those nifty little flashing memory eraser things that was also in MiB. They did store their Digimon in the Digivices like trainers store their Pokemon in Pokeballs, but I suppose being a series that initially starts off with the kids capturing Digimon in the real world requires them to have a way to remain a bit more concealed.

Yes, that was a relatively long sentence.

That said, I enjoyed watching the Digimon series as a whole, and would watch them over Pokemon any day. I'll admit that I've never seen an episode of 'Data Squad' but I did keep up with Savers, even in its raw form though.

I looooooooooved Tamers. Permanent death of a main character? In my Digimon? Sign me up!

Poor Jeri. You had to feel sorry for her...it's like the universe suddenly decide to play a particularly twisted game of Break the Cutie with her.

And, am I the only one who found D-Reaper!Jeri extremely creepy?

Also, I loved the digivolution scenes...they were rather unique, IMO. Especially Biomerging (or more specifically, Rika's).

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I don't know why you'd look at it that way, but voice acting is as much a part of the dubbing process as the writing and should be evaluated as such.
    Cause to me it isn't as big a deal as them keeping the series script as accurate as possible.

I mean if the voices had been the only problem in 4kids One Piece dub that might annoy me a little, but the overall changes to the story was what really made me hate it.

With Digimon I liked the voices. but that was the only thing I did like. Changing characters personalities, making stupid jokes every five seconds. That was enough to ruin the dub for me.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

All hail monodramon!
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2elz8z8.jpg[/IMG]
    With an open mind and a burning passion
    Anything is possible

Digimon was one of the main parts of my childhood memory. I had watched the first 4 seasons. The second season was my favourite.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    In that case, why do you dislike Savers? Masaru, Tohma, Yoshino, and the rest all had individual partners, but more or less worked for an organization to keep the peace. They (read: Yoshino in only a couple episodes) also had those nifty little flashing memory eraser things that was also in MiB. They did store their Digimon in the Digivices like trainers store their Pokemon in Pokeballs, but I suppose being a series that initially starts off with the kids capturing Digimon in the real world requires them to have a way to remain a bit more concealed.

Yes, that was a relatively long sentence.

That said, I enjoyed watching the Digimon series as a whole, and would watch them over Pokemon any day. I'll admit that I've never seen an episode of 'Data Squad' but I did keep up with Savers, even in its raw form though.
    It's strange, I know but for some reason, Savers didn't have that same Digimon feel the other seasons had and like you said, they stored their digimon in digivices.

Honestly, there really didn't seem to be any sort of 'Digimon feel'. Each entry had a few things in common sure, but there wasn't an extremely set pattern for anything. I'm pretty sure the only thing you could be sure of was that a Leomon died in some way, shape, or form. 02 didn't have one I believe, but I guess you could say since it occurred in the same universe as Adventure, the one that occurred there counts for both. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Honestly, there really didn't seem to be any sort of 'Digimon feel'. Each entry had a few things in common sure, but there wasn't an extremely set pattern for anything. I'm pretty sure the only thing you could be sure of was that a Leomon died in some way, shape, or form. 02 didn't have one I believe, but I guess you could say since it occurred in the same universe as Adventure, the one that occurred there counts for both. Or something.
    Oh yeah, I swear the writers just made up Leomon to kill every series. Poor Jeri, the writers really screwed up her life huh? I mean Leomon was like a stand-in father for her because her father was a real ******* and then he went and died on her.

Beelzemon ftw! Tamers ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by denizenofevil View Post
    It's strange, I know but for some reason, Savers didn't have that same Digimon feel the other seasons had and like you said, they stored their digimon in digivices.
    Well Masaru not being a goggle boy for one thing might have caused that feeling.

Yeahyeah, every Leomon ever dies a dramatic death at least once.

Adventure 01: Kept on getting used by Devimon and died
    Adventure 02: Hell should I know. I don't think so, though.
    Tamers: Juri's Digimon, and he died by Beelzemon. Beelze is still awesome.
    Goddamn Frontier: Again, hell should I know. Who gives a crap about that?!
    Data Squad: Bancholeomon counts, right?
    Digimon X-Evolution movie: He died in the first 5 minutes due to the virus. Weak, Leomon.
    Just call me fishums or somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelster View Post
    Well Masaru not being a goggle boy for one thing might have caused that feeling.
    Apparently, the person who plays the role of Kon in the Bleach dub plays Masaru in the dub. He even uses the same voice, it barely suits him. -_-*
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 20th October 2009 at 5:38 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineCuttlefish View Post
    Yeahyeah, every Leomon ever dies a dramatic death at least once.

Adventure 01: Kept on getting used by Devimon and died
    Adventure 02: Hell should I know. I don't think so, though.
    Tamers: Juri's Digimon, and he died by Beelzemon. Beelze is still awesome.
    Goddamn Frontier: Again, hell should I know. Who gives a crap about that?!
    Data Squad: Bancholeomon counts, right?
    Digimon X-Evolution movie: He died in the first 5 minutes due to the virus. Weak, Leomon.
    I count 02 as an extension of 01, so I dont read it as needing another leomon death.

In savers, both SaberLeomon AND BanchoLeomon die.

X-Evo was indeed pathetic.

And as for Frontier (Havn't watched much of it, but it wasn't too bad...)

Spoiler:- Spoils!:

To add to the digimon 'feel' thing, each season has one bad guy go good (Gatomon, Ken/Wormmon, Impmon/Yamaki/Lopmon, Kouji's bro, and Ikuto) Each season has at least one point in it where the two main male characters fight (because Henry was too much of a wuss despite knowing martial arts, Rika filled in for him) And the bad guy that you think is the bad guy dosn't turn out to be the bad guy, and instead it is some dude you didn't even really know about till they beat the guy they think is the main evil person.

Aaaaaaand Savers was awesome. Brought back that dark feel to it that Tamers had. Sure, it started slow, but when it picked up, boy did it pick up ^^
    Last edited by Gamekrazy; 20th October 2009 at 7:29 AM.

Lion-armored Digimon =/= Leomon

And Kouji lived anyway.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well, Im sure in all the destruction that was going on during Frontier, a Leomon died somewhere in the world. Though that evo did remind me of a leomon, and even the name sounded a bit alike... I guess it should just be considered a lion digimon dying.

And I know he lived. But he did die too! At least, in the digital sense.

IceLeomon, anyone?

Point is, Leomon exists to die and die again.

It's kinda funny.

O GAIZ Sunmon or Moonmon?

I'm with the Moonmon line all the way, though I have World Dawn. :<

EDIT: I don't know if they kept it in the dub or not, but 02 involved a lot of girl slapping, including Ken because he's feminine.

Is it a fetish or something? ._.
    Last edited by FeminineCuttlefish; 20th October 2009 at 8:27 PM.
    Just call me fishums or somethin'

So many dub voices from Bleach and Naruto, I do not know why but atleast they are good!

Omigawd, I remember that scene is season 1:
    random person: "What are those things?"
    Tai: "They are just very big stuffed animals!"
    random person: "Well, those are the strangest stuffed animals I have ever seen."
    Or something like that.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast