Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by FeminineCuttlefish View Post
    Is it a fetish or something? ._.
    It's not lady-like to have your female cast members constantly slugging the males. Slapping fills the "SNAP OUT OF IT!" physical contact requirement without being excessively violent.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    So many dub voices from Bleach and Naruto, I do not know why but atleast they are good!
    We established "why" about a page ago - the voice actors are not "from" Bleach and Naruto any more than they are "from" any other production in which they've appeared, and even if you insist upon identifying them like that, wouldn't they be "from" Digimon and not "from" Bleach or Naruto given that the dub(s) of the former precede the dubs of the latter by any number of years?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We established "why" about a page ago - the voice actors are not "from" Bleach and Naruto any more than they are "from" any other production in which they've appeared, and even if you insist upon identifying them like that, wouldn't they be "from" Digimon and not "from" Bleach or Naruto given that the dub(s) of the former precede the dubs of the latter by any number of years?
    True, but most people tend to compare with another show featuring similar voices, as opposed to the actual production group. I think I've only actually did this a few times, mainly because I'm not very familiar with the VA's from certain companies (except maybe 2... or 3).

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Yeahyeah, every Leomon ever dies a dramatic death at least once.

Adventure 01: Kept on getting used by Devimon and died
    Adventure 02: Hell should I know. I don't think so, though.
    Tamers: Juri's Digimon, and he died by Beelzemon. Beelze is still awesome.
    Goddamn Frontier: Again, hell should I know. Who gives a crap about that?!
    Data Squad: Bancholeomon counts, right?
    Digimon X-Evolution movie: He died in the first 5 minutes due to the virus. Weak, Leomon.
    I always saw Frontier and Savers as having double the Leomon-y death. Frontier had Kaiser Leomon and Panjyamon (one being a Leomon in name, and the other a Leomon in appearance), while Savers had Saber Leomon and Banchou Leomon.

Guess what, It's Digimon Adventure's Tenth anniversary in the USA. Also, Tamers is the darkest of the series (D-Reaper is pure NIGHTMARE FUEL).
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MECha View Post
    Guess what, It's Digimon Adventure's Tenth anniversary in the USA. Also, Tamers is the darkest of the series (D-Reaper is pure NIGHTMARE FUEL).
    Yes Tamers was the darkest and I long for more!

Congrats for Digimon's 10th anniversary.

Guess what, It's Digimon Adventure's Tenth anniversary in the USA.
    Anyone bring the confetti?

-----
    Words to|live by

D-Reaper made me hide under the covers to this very day.

Nowait I don't have covers. Uh..sand?

Gratz digimanz.
    Just call me fishums or somethin'

wow i used to play digimon 1 on my psx wen i was about 12 im 22 now lol

Digimon Adventure was always my favorite. Tai was my hero back in the day. And he still is at the top for one of my favorite characters. The guy just never gave up no matter what and always kicked arse when he needed to.

Kinda stopped watching after Tamers. It started to get kinda lame after that.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Kinda stopped watching after Tamers. It started to get kinda lame after that.
    Trufax.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional ninja View Post
    wow i used to play digimon 1 on my psx wen i was about 12 im 22 now lol
    And you still don't know how to use proper grammar? I call bullcrap.

And you still don't know how to use proper grammar? I call bullcrap.
    Maybe there is a reasonable explination. Yell harder, it will wake them up.

Speaking of games, I heard some of them did really good but did not sell well because they were rated teen.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then? In my opinion, it's the best & the season I saw first, but I haven't finished watching Adventure, haven't seen any of 02, couldn't care about season 5(it sounds kinda boring), but I have seen Tamers(which is my second favourite)!

Anyone else want a season 6 (another 02 of an earlier season)? Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!

^Umbreon! *Looks like she wants to do a happy dance, but doesn't*

Visit my dragons!!! The ones below could DIE if you don't help! Thanks to those of you who help, I now have hope that my dragons can survive!!!

-Will die within 48 hours.
    -Will die within 96 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargirl View Post
    Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then? In my opinion, it's the best & the season I saw first, but I haven't finished watching Adventure, haven't seen any of 02, couldn't care about season 5(it sounds kinda boring), but I have seen Tamers(which is my second favourite)!

Anyone else want a season 6 (another 02 of an earlier season)? Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!
    I hope it has Dorumon :<

I hope it has Dorumon :<
    Dorumon, Ryudramon, WARP SHINKA. DoruGoramon, OuRyumon, JOGRESS FUSION. ALPHAMON!!!
    Last edited by Dr. MECha; 24th October 2009 at 2:05 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Does everyone hate Digimon Frontier(season 4) then?
    Frontier hate stems in large part from people who feel vindicated by the quality and darker feel of Tamers and then feel as if they were somehow cheated by a return to somewhat lighter fare (without the franchise staple of partner Digimon, no less) in Frontier. Objectively, there was nothing wrong with Frontier.

Personally, I can't see why it hasn't happened already!
    Then you haven't thought about it. Unlike Pokémon, Digimon does not have the support of an ongoing central medium for the most part and therefore a new Digimon series is a completely different set of kerfuffle in almost every way than is a new season of Pokémon.

The fact that there was a four-year gap between Frontier and Savers and that there's been no whispers of any new animated material since Savers tells you all you need to know at the moment.

SENKAI.
    Shinka.

-----
    Words to|live by

The movies are cool and the Tamer and Frontier seasons are the best ones so far.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

I used to watch it when I was a kid. I remember waking up early on saturday morning to watch digimon, followed right after by pokemon. But I lost interest into it eventually. I kinda miss those days...kinda
    Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

I'm pretty close to being done watching 02.

Watching it in Japanese with subs has been great. The characters just seem better without all the horrendous dub dialogue
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

third season is the best, hands down. The cards, the small and manageable cast, the awesome cast of digimon and of course IMPMON! Love that purple dude ^_^

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

I watched all of the seasons. I liked them.

Yeah - I love Digimon - the first three seasons anyway, I never saw much of the other two. I always liked Tamers the best, but the first two were really great too. I saw a bit of the fourth season, and I felt like they kind of took away a large part of what Digimon was about. I saw a bit of season five, too, and wasn't keen on the animation - which put me off watching anymore of it.

Have the theme song stuck in head!

"Digimon, digital monsters, digital coloured champions. (keeps going on until I get hit in the face.)"
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Squirtle View Post
    the small and manageable cast
    Not that it detracted from the series at all, but you do realize that they started with three Tamers and finished with eight (ten if you include Makoto and Ai), right? How does that constitute a "small and manageable cast"?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    digital coloured champions.
    Try again.

-----
    Words to|live by

"Digimon are the champions"?

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast