Page 37 of 168 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Guess who has legal subs now?
    http://www.hulu.com/digimon-tamers
    Thats right.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Good for you Americans. The rest of us will just continue to watch dub/sub where possible since we all know Hulu won't stream anything outside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Thats right.
    TAMERS!!!! YESSS!!! I'm not the biggest fan of hulu, but this is awesome.

Thats right.
    So we can legally watch Japanese episodes of Digimon Tamers with subtitles now eh? I love this! Digimon Tamers was my favorite Digimon anime series and I'd love to actually watch the episodes in Japanese. Not that I have an issue with the dubbed version or anything - I just like watching the original versions of my favorite anime. I'm definitely going to watch as many episodes as I can this coming weekend.

Beautiful XD I miss Terriermon's wit from the english dub, but it's cool

And congragulations to Nene on her reborn(more like recolored ^^; ) Xros Loader :] Maybe now she can finally start getting some action
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 27th January 2011 at 3:46 AM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Am I the only one who enjoyed the first two seasons far more than the rest?
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/124c38k.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucous View Post
    Am I the only one who enjoyed the first two seasons far more than the rest?
    I'm sure you're not alone. Personally, I enjoyed the first two seasons as well, but I can't help but like the third season a bit more. The first two seasons were amazing and I enjoyed the Digimon featured in both but season three was so much different from those two. I especially like the Digital World in season three since it looked more like what I had expected the Digital World to look like. I also loved the concept of the Digimon Sovereigns and the 12 Deva. Those were some classy Digimon right there.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm sure you're not alone. Personally, I enjoyed the first two seasons as well, but I can't help but like the third season a bit more. The first two seasons were amazing and I enjoyed the Digimon featured in both but season three was so much different from those two. I especially like the Digital World in season three since it looked more like what I had expected the Digital World to look like. I also loved the concept of the Digimon Sovereigns and the 12 Deva. Those were some classy Digimon right there.
    I agree with you about the Sovereigns and Deva, I just think they focused too much on little things, and needed more Heros.

I loved the first two, liked the third. Everything after the third I can't stand.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/124c38k.png[/IMG]

Of the "nostalgic" times, I like Adventure and Tamers.

However, I really hate 02. Completely. I mean, I can't even think of many good things about it. Well, I liked Ken and Armor Evolution and the music, but everything else was pretty bad.

I like Xros Wars and Tamers more than the others. Savers is really awesome too. I mean it's not that I hate the other seasons I just don't like them as much. But I am a fan of DC and Marvel so it's easy for me to dive into new worlds with different rules and similar characters.

Xanga |Last FM

Same. To an extent, I like all seasons...except 02 sadly. The rest, I can easily rewatch at any time and get the same enjoyment.

I also love Xros so far. Zenjirou being badass in the newest episode was great of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucous View Post
    I agree with you about the Sovereigns and Deva, I just think they focused too much on little things, and needed more Heros.
    Well, what do you mean by "little things", exactly? I think there were enough hero characters in Tamers, though. We initially had three (Takato, Henry, Rika) and then we started getting more as the series progressed. I personally preferred the smaller cast at the beginning because it gave the three main characters a better chance to shine; like Rika for example. There was a lot of depth to her character and I don't think that would've been possible had the anime focused on a bigger cast.

I'm sorry but I still see Zenjirou as the Brock of this series. He has at least one moment every ten or so episodes but mostly he's just a useless comic relief character who's grown into a creepy stalker whenever Nene's around.

and Akari is still useless, annoying, and less funny than Zenjirou.... So really what was the point of having these two along with Taiki again?
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

Fun Fact: The only one of the Seven Great Demon Lords that hasn't appeared in the main anime series is Barbamon (Greed).

The rest appeared at least once.

Daemon (Wrath) - Digimon Adventures 02 (He's the cloaked guy who brought three digimon with him and never really got defeated)
    Beelzebumon (Gluttony) - Digimon Tamers, Digimon Xros Wars
    Lucemon (Pride) - Digimon Frontier, Digimon Xros Wars
    Belphemon (Sloth) - Digimon Savers
    Lilithmon (Lust) - Digimon Xros Wars
    Leviamon (Envy) - Digimon Xros Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelster View Post
    I'm sorry but I still see Zenjirou as the Brock of this series. He has at least one moment every ten or so episodes but mostly he's just a useless comic relief character who's grown into a creepy stalker whenever Nene's around.

and Akari is still useless, annoying, and less funny than Zenjirou.... So really what was the point of having these two along with Taiki again?
    They assist Taiki when needed. Taiki is the one doing the battling but he can't do everything. Sounds more like you dislike their personalities rather then dislike their uses.

Xanga |Last FM

Except that's not true. In each Zone, he's done something

Green: Hit a Drimogumon underground with the sword
    Island: Teamed up with Taiki against the Hangyomon and in the next episode went with Taiki to rescue Archelomon
    Magma: Fought DeathMeramon with the sword and also helped dig out of the cage with the sword
    Lake: Took over Taiki's role of General (also subtly showing the importance of goggles in Digimon) and fixed Ballistamon
    Sand: Took over the army again while Taiki was healing Baalmon
    Heaven: For a quick second we see Zenjirou back-to-back with Shakkoumon so he was holding them off off-screen
    Forest: Love-Love dance.......
    Dust: Fixed the Trailmon when chasing GranLocomon
    Digital Airspace: Tried to use the Xrosloader. It didn't work, but he did try.
    Shinobi: His whole episode. He also beat a mon in combat which only Masaru has done so far. He also gets over his fear of heights

I consider him to be a Digi-Kuwabara. Not as strong as the other guys and is mainly comic relief, but helps when he is needed.

and Akari is still useless, annoying, and less funny than Zenjirou
    It's true Akari hasn't done as much as Zen and Taiki but she was important to fully defrost Nene in 23 and has saved Taiki from getting a concussion. We clearly see that she's Taiki's only real moral support. I agree she hasn't done a lot of things on the show, but she's not the main character or have a digivice so it's more important that she does do something which she does.

So really what was the point of having these two along with Taiki again?
    Because a story about one kid travelling alone with his Digimon friends is a little bit too similar to something else don't you think? Plus, we need human/human interaction and having the armies separate wouldn't have that.
    Last edited by garfield15; 28th January 2011 at 4:14 PM.

Hulu? Curses, I hate being Canadian!

I watched Xros Wars today, it feels too different but at least it's fresh in that way. I'm loving it. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking of Gurren Lagann during episode 3.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yeah, there's a huge Super Robot feel to this whole thing which is great for me personally.

They assist Taiki when needed. Taiki is the one doing the battling but he can't do everything. Sounds more like you dislike their personalities rather then dislike their uses.
    Yeah I rather don't like their personalities, and I hate that they've been nothing but cheerleaders. Honestly I'd be happier if the series just centered around the relevant characters like Taiki, Nene, and Kiriha while leaving the pointless cheerleaders in the real world.

I don't sympathize with them. In fact I'd just like nothing more than for Zenjirou and Akari to go away and never come back. They wouldn't be missed as far as I'm personally concerned.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

Thats right.
    Well golly gee!

Anyway, as for nostalgia gone, I to have to bring up Adventure 02. Knew it was a cheese dub back when I was in the target audience, but watching it again, so much of the genuine drama I remember was either not, or not treated well.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

3 hours of Digimon in 1 day...that's not good for me.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsirius View Post
    Anyway, as for nostalgia gone, I to have to bring up Adventure 02. Knew it was a cheese dub back when I was in the target audience, but watching it again, so much of the genuine drama I remember was either not, or not treated well.
    I loved the dub of Adventure 02, heck, I love all of the Digimon dubs to be honest. There were some chessy moments and some jokes that didn't go over so well, but for the most part, the Adventure 02 dub was great.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    3 hours of Digimon in 1 day...that's not good for me.
    I watched 4 hours of Digimon yesterday, and I plan on watching another 4 hours of it today. I'm just trying to catch up to all the Xros Wars episodes that I missed as well as watch the Japanese Tamer episodes. The latter are really my main priority, but I started watching Xros Wars, and now I'm hooked.

I must say I really miss Digimon, and not the stuff that they have now... I mean the good animé like season 1, 2, and 3.

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

I can't say I love the anime... but Dawn and Dusk were cool.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Page 37 of 168 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast