Page 38 of 168 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sharpedo View Post
    I must say I really miss Digimon, and not the stuff that they have now... I mean the good animé like season 1, 2, and 3.
    1 and 3 maybe. But 2? Nah, that had too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sharpedo View Post
    I must say I really miss Digimon, and not the stuff that they have now... I mean the good animé like season 1, 2, and 3.
    The stuff they have at the moment is good.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I don't think I posted a reply the previous time, but I'm so friggin' happy for the Tamers subs. ^^ Now to find a moment to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Because a story about one kid travelling alone with his Digimon friends is a little bit too similar to something else don't you think? Plus, we need human/human interaction and having the armies separate wouldn't have that.
    I dunno. It seemed to work out well enough for V-Tamer 01 (albeit a manga, but still). Plus, I don't know if you were implying similarities to Pokemon or not, but Digimon should be fine with pure monster interactions simply due to the fact that said monsters are quite humanistic (being able to talk certainly helps, to say nothing of the vast amount of Digimon that have human-like forms).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Just watched American Idol. How does this have to do with Digimon? One of the contestants was in an Angewomon cosplay. How good was she? Painful to listen to.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    I dunno. It seemed to work out well enough for V-Tamer 01 (albeit a manga, but still). Plus, I don't know if you were implying similarities to Pokemon or not, but Digimon should be fine with pure monster interactions simply due to the fact that said monsters are quite humanistic (being able to talk certainly helps, to say nothing of the vast amount of Digimon that have human-like forms).
    As long as it isnt depressing like X Evolution, I think that would be pretty cool. Short as it was, the Savers trio fighting Argomon and his thugs was pretty cool without their partners

RADIANT BLAZE ~

As long as it isnt depressing like X Evolution, I think that would be pretty cool. Short as it was, the Savers trio fighting Argomon and his thugs was pretty cool without their partners
    Eww sorry but how can you like the Savers movie? It was 22 minutes so it really wasn't a movie and it just plain sucked IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    It was 22 minutes so it really wasn't a movie and it just plain sucked IMO.
    Well, every Digimon movie is around about that length, and yes, most of them do suck.

Eww sorry but how can you like the Savers movie? It was 22 minutes so it really wasn't a movie and it just plain sucked IMO.
    Thats the usual length for some Toei movies. Super Sentai movies are only about 30 minutes long. Hey as long as they use a bigger budget I'm all for it.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    and yes, most of them do suck.
    Only if your expectations were really unreasonable in the first place. If you go in realizing it's not going to be much more than a standalone (the two Adventure films not withstanding), slightly-extended and slightly-higher budgeted normal episode, you generally get what you pay for. The movies have a charm all their own if you keep the right mindset.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

No I love all the digimon movies except the Savers one excluding the 3D Savers movie I still have to watch.

Also most if not all the Digimon movies are about 40-45 minutes and Digimon X-Evolution is longer than an hour.

Well, X-Evolution was a TV movie so that's probably why.

Also most if not all the Digimon movies are about 40-45 minutes
    Digimon Adventure - 20 minutes
    Digimon: Our War Game - 40 minutes
    Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Touchdown - The Golden Digimentals - 1 hour 5 minutes
    Digimon Adventure 02: Diablomon Strikes Back - 30 minutes
    Digimon Tamers: The Adventurers' Battle - 50 minutes
    Digimon Tamers: The Runaway Digimon Express - 30 minutes
    Digimon Frontier: Revival of Ancient Digimon - 40 minutes
    Digimon Savers: Ultimate Power! Burst Mode Invoke!! - 20 minutes

From this, the average length of a Digimon movie lies between 20 and 40 minutes.

Looking at the titles I think there should have been another Digimon: 02 movie called Return of the Digimon lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Just watched American Idol. How does this have to do with Digimon? One of the contestants was in an Angewomon cosplay. How good was she? Painful to listen to.
    Lol I saw this too "I wanna be Popu-ular "xD

I just count the movies as another episode if its 30 min or lower, and if its longer I consider it as a one hour special episode
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Digimon is pretty awsome XD My fav is probs the 1st season was the best
    Known as Satoshisgirl on DA http://satoshisgirl.deviantart.com/
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/23l1ehd.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Known as the Crazy Ash Satoshi Lover ~~Loves Pokemon, Manga and all things Anime~
    ~Cafemochashipping Ash x Dento & Ikarishipping Dawn x Paul Shipper <3
    AshEmishipping = Ash x Me
    <3 Owner of the Cafemochashipping Club version 2 ;D

Eww sorry but how can you like the Savers movie
    The animation was pretty :3

But yeah I enjoyed it..Pretty cool plot despite shortness, nice fight scenes..Wouldnt have minded a flashback or something though D:

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Recently I've been rewatching the old Digimon movies and there all short to be honest, doesn't mean I don't like them. I do remember when ABC family (Back when they played cartoons as Fox Family) showed the other Digimon movies on Jetix. I was uber happy to see them. It was 'Revenge of Diaboromon' 'Runaway Locomon' 'Island of Lost Digimon' and 'Battle of Adventurers' I remember there english dub names and I also remembered some of the old cast had new voice actors for the roles of some of the old cast. I mean Digimon had ended for like what 2 or 3 years over here when they decided to show these and this was before Season 5.

Wonder if we'll ever get to see Zephyrmon with her mouth showing? Hopefully she doesn't look like her.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I love how power levels flactuate in Digimon. Especially Xros Wars. Digimon which were Major villains in Season 1 and 4 got reduced to mere fodder in Xros Wars (Machinedramon, Puppetmon and Lucemon, for exact digimon in question).

I do like how the Digimemories reflect the past season digimon (Agumon, Guilmon, Garurumon and so on... with the exception of Leviamon, which left my head wondering).

I am always initially resistant to change. I initially disliked armor digivolution (having being a season 1 fanatic when I was younger), but it was steadily accepted (and they could evolve afterwards anyway). Same applied to Xros Wars. In fact, I'd say Xros-ing > Evolution now (because evolution isn't suppose to revert in an instant like that or at all - although evolving isn't supposed to be like that either, but I'd put that aside for now.)

The only change I couldn't accept even now was probably Frontier. When they lacked partner digimon, it killed the concept for me. Tamer's final stage fusion wasn't that terrible, but Frontier overdid it, in my opinion. Luckily Savers and Xros Wars reverted to partner digimon.

^For evo styles, I like Xrossing a bit more than most. Everyone gets a turn to show off, and theres a-lot of possibilities.

Needing a strong "core" Digimon makes it seem even more like a mecha type deal XD Thats a-lot of weight on Shoutmon shoulders though..

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wonder if we'll ever get to see Zephyrmon with her mouth showing? Hopefully she doesn't look like her.
    Wouldn't it just be Kazemon's mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Dreams View Post
    The only change I couldn't accept even now was probably Frontier. When they lacked partner digimon, it killed the concept for me. Tamer's final stage fusion wasn't that terrible, but Frontier overdid it, in my opinion. Luckily Savers and Xros Wars reverted to partner digimon.
    That's so weird. While I did miss the concept of partner Digimon, I loved Spirit Evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Recently I've been rewatching the old Digimon movies and there all short to be honest, doesn't mean I don't like them. I do remember when ABC family (Back when they played cartoons as Fox Family) showed the other Digimon movies on Jetix. I was uber happy to see them. It was 'Revenge of Diaboromon' 'Runaway Locomon' 'Island of Lost Digimon' and 'Battle of Adventurers' I remember there english dub names and I also remembered some of the old cast had new voice actors for the roles of some of the old cast. I mean Digimon had ended for like what 2 or 3 years over here when they decided to show these and this was before Season 5.
    I remember watching those movies on Jetix a few years back. I also recall how they were all pretty short. I loved Revenge of Diaboromon the most and I remember that Tai got a different voice actor for that movie. I was slightly disappointed, but he didn't appear that much during the movie so it was fine. I was expecting more out of Runaway Locomon and Battle of Adventurers, but they were just average IMO. I actually enjoyed Island of Lost Digimon a whole lot more, and I didn't even like Digimon Frontier that much. I'm still grateful that I got to see those movies, though. I thought they weren't going to be dubbed, but I was glad that they were

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I remember watching those movies on Jetix a few years back. I also recall how they were all pretty short. I loved Revenge of Diaboromon the most and I remember that Tai got a different voice actor for that movie. I was slightly disappointed, but he didn't appear that much during the movie so it was fine. I was expecting more out of Runaway Locomon and Battle of Adventurers, but they were just average IMO. I actually enjoyed Island of Lost Digimon a whole lot more, and I didn't even like Digimon Frontier that much. I'm still grateful that I got to see those movies, though. I thought they weren't going to be dubbed, but I was glad that they were
    Okay, everyone knows that the first English Digimon movie was the first three crammed together, right?

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsirius View Post
    Okay, everyone knows that the first English Digimon movie was the first three crammed together, right?
    Yep. With various scenes removed.

It's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Yep. With various scenes removed.

It's common knowledge.
    I know, it just seemed like the 4th Kira, among others here, wasn't aware.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Page 38 of 168 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast