Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,653

    Post Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

    The new season is upon us!

    So I felt it was only appropriate to create a brand new thread (the old one was ancient anyway). As you already know please make sure to tag your spoilers! The first four episodes have unfortunately been leaked so if you intend to discuss the episodes PLEASE use the SPOILER TAG so you don't ruin them for others.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Kinda off topic but what is games of thrones



    2/3ds Friend code:0104-1468-6275 IGN:Marc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amourshpping View Post
    Kinda off topic but what is games of thrones
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones

    I've only watched season 1 and 2 so far, but I plan to speed up to catch up with season 5.
    Last edited by Lorde; 12th April 2015 at 11:25 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I liked the flashback scene but it was missing one key phrase from the books. Oh well. Maybe they'll go back to another flashback or something.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town!
    Posts
    3,407

    Default

    I can't believe all four episodes got leaked. Here's to hoping the next four get leaked as well. For real though, even though the show prides itself for being the most pirated, you can't just have the next month's worth of episodes already released (unless it was next level planning and intentionally done). Anyway, I tried resisting the urge to watch past the first episode......and it failed. Guess I'll have to wait till May now.

    A lot of dialogue in these episodes, although there has been some action, especially in episode 4. But man, the show is really starting to veer from what happens in the books. At this point, I have no idea what's coming next. I did read that the GoT will continue the plot past the point of the books. It honestly makes sense, considering AFFC and ADWD happen concurrently, and a lot in those two books contain stuff that need to be trimmed for a television series. Not to mention there's no set date for the next book yet. I'm guessing GRRM already told the writers how he plans to finish the series, and they are finding the condensed version of reaching that point. Or maybe GRRM conjured up an alternate ending to his saga - one that'll happen in the show, and the other he'll write for the books.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Guess I'll have to wait till May now.
    Damn, sorry to hear that :S

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    A lot of dialogue in these episodes, although there has been some action, especially in episode 4. But man, the show is really starting to veer from what happens in the books. At this point, I have no idea what's coming next. I did read that the GoT will continue the plot past the point of the books. It honestly makes sense, considering AFFC and ADWD happen concurrently, and a lot in those two books contain stuff that need to be trimmed for a television series. Not to mention there's no set date for the next book yet. I'm guessing GRRM already told the writers how he plans to finish the series, and they are finding the condensed version of reaching that point. Or maybe GRRM conjured up an alternate ending to his saga - one that'll happen in the show, and the other he'll write for the books.
    GRRM actually HAS given away the ending to the showrunners. The book and the show will have the same ending apparently, the show will just take a different route towards getting there.

    Although I do like the idea of alternate endings.

    But the way things are going, show watchers will have to start tagging spoilers for book readers lol.


    ~ All hail the Kalos Queen

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    I liked how they did Cersei's flashback. Very well cast. Do we know if there's gonna be more? They left out a pretty important part but they could always show that later on or something.


        Spoiler:- leaked episodes:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wind View Post
    I liked how they did Cersei's flashback. Very well cast. Do we know if there's gonna be more? They left out a pretty important part but they could always show that later on or something.
    I think it's possible we'll see it again or even hear present Cersei say it, perhaps while sharing the story with someone? Sounds like a good way of mentioning it without having to return to the flashback.

    Anyway, I just saw the episode (I also decided not to watch the other three, I'd rather wait a week than four weeks) and it was rather good. Jon Snow earns my respect yet again, though I wish Sansa's storyline got more screentime (I'm rather intrigued to see where her story is going).

    Excited to finally see Arya next week!


    ~ All hail the Kalos Queen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wrapped in a blanket
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Last night was my mom's first taste of Game of Thrones. Now I know the meaning of the ancient proverb "Don't let your mom watch Game of Thrones."
    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9203-5247
    Friend Safari: Teddiursa, Audino, Smeargle

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    Last night was my mom's first taste of Game of Thrones. Now I know the meaning of the ancient proverb "Don't let your mom watch Game of Thrones."
    Lol, reminds me of those stories where guys or gals will be watching GoT and when a parent walks into the room, the first thing they see is the sex. Must be awkward.


    Anyways, I'm pretty hyped for the events to take place on the Wall throughout the season and I'm curious as to what will be happening with Sansa because well, this is all new stuff for her.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town!
    Posts
    3,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    GRRM actually HAS given away the ending to the showrunners. The book and the show will have the same ending apparently, the show will just take a different route towards getting there. Although I do like the idea of alternate endings. But the way things are going, show watchers will have to start tagging spoilers for book readers lol.
    Honestly, that makes sense. The first three books were absolutely fantastic, especially ASOS.

    But AFFC and ADWD, though, were... bloated and often times plain boring. GRRM still can write well, but holy crap, it's like he didn't have an editor who could have easily combined both books into one focused novel. It felt like GRRM got lost in his own world-building. A bunch of random characters you don't care about five novels into the series, and random subplots that don't advance the main plot. Maybe he does know where each of the new characters and subplots will end up, but it doesn't seem he knows how to make it happen.

    No wonder the show is inventing new plotlines or reusing developed characters instead of creating fresh ones.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    The Wars to Come mostly served to establish this season's plot lines and I imagine next week's episode will do the same, so I'm not too excited about GoT at the moment. I did, however, enjoy the final scenes; it was the first time I cared about that character in the show. I haven't watched the leaks, nor do I plan to, as the wait for the fifth episode would drive me crazy. I am aware of most of the upcoming developments, having read spoilers from reports over the past month.

        Spoiler:- Episodes 1-4 details:


    Arya and Doran next week!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Honestly, that makes sense. The first three books were absolutely fantastic, especially ASOS.

    But AFFC and ADWD, though, were... bloated and often times plain boring. GRRM still can write well, but holy crap, it's like he didn't have an editor who could have easily combined both books into one focused novel. It felt like GRRM got lost in his own world-building. A bunch of random characters you don't care about five novels into the series, and random subplots that don't advance the main plot. Maybe he does know where each of the new characters and subplots will end up, but it doesn't seem he knows how to make it happen.

    No wonder the show is inventing new plotlines or reusing developed characters instead of creating fresh ones.
    I have to agree. The show's changes frustrated me last year during Season 4, but I'm quite looking forward to seeing how a condensed version of AFfC and ADwD will play out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The Wars to Come mostly served to establish this season's plot lines and I imagine next week's episode will do the same, so I'm not too excited about GoT at the moment. I did, however, enjoy the final scenes; it was the first time I cared about that character in the show. I haven't watched the leaks, nor do I plan to, as the wait for the fifth episode would drive me crazy. I am aware of most of the upcoming developments, having read spoilers from reports over the past month.

        Spoiler:- Episodes 1-4 details:


    Arya and Doran next week!


    I have to agree. The show's changes frustrated me last year during Season 4, but I'm quite looking forward to seeing how a condensed version of AFfC and ADwD will play out.
    Regarding Barristan:

        Spoiler:- ADwD spoilers:
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,653

    Default

    I found the second episode WAY better than the first one. Jon's storyline continues to amaze me and Dany's storyline continues to frustrate me. Dammit girl, get your **** together!

    Tyrion/Varys remain a hilarious pairing, I enjoy their banter together.

    I'm excited to see where Arya's story is going though Sansa's storyline still doesn't see much progress. I do feel bad for Brienne, being rejected protection by both Stark girls must feel awful.


    ~ All hail the Kalos Queen

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I like the fact that they included Lyanna Mormont's letter.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I'm actually interested to see where the whole Sansa/Littlefinger plot is going. I think the whole betrothal is a plot by Littlefinger to gain control of the North and Sansa, and Sansa is going a long with it because she wants revenge (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't read the books yet).
    Grey Wing

    My friend code: 0963-0723-5805

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    I had been looking forward to Cersei's shenanigans in King's Landing before this season started, but I'm not enjoying her scenes very much now. There's no blatant stupidity and arrogance to relish. I think she's a bit too sympathetic and reasonable.

        Spoiler:- Sons of the Harpy:


    Quote Originally Posted by grey wing View Post
    (forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't read the books yet).
    Sansa's Season 5 plot has been invented for the show, though it borrows some elements from the books.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
        Spoiler:- spoiler:
    I assume they may be     Spoiler:- spoiler:


    ~ All hail the Kalos Queen

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    9,210

    Default

    Episode four was basically: Lets talk about bastards at Castle Black, lets talk about them in Dorne, etc.. And lets connect the dots by using exposition in Winterfell and Meereen. It couldn't be any clearer at this point, yet, when I told my girlfriend about the most predominant theory regarding this subject, she told me: "nah, I don't believe that, I think you're making that up"..

    Oh, and the ninth episode is called The Dance of DragonSSS, #plural...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Episode four was basically: Lets talk about bastards at Castle Black, lets talk about them in Dorne, etc.. And lets connect the dots by using exposition in Winterfell and Meereen. It couldn't be any clearer at this point, yet, when I told my girlfriend about the most predominant theory regarding this subject, she told me: "nah, I don't believe that, I think you're making that up"..

    Oh, and the ninth episode is called The Dance of DragonSSS, #plural...
    Damn, is that really true? I was hoping we could keep tWoW spoilers out for at least this season. As soon as the spoilers start coming I will basically be off the internet until the books finally come out.
    I really should get a real sig...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    Each episode this season has been better than the last. Things are starting to heat up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Oh, and the ninth episode is called The Dance of DragonSSS, #plural...
        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by NotABeginningTrainer View Post
    As soon as the spoilers start coming I will basically be off the internet until the books finally come out.
    I admire your conviction. I've come to accept the situation for what it is. I'll consider myself lucky if he even finishes the seventh book.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotABeginningTrainer View Post
    Damn, is that really true? I was hoping we could keep tWoW spoilers out for at least this season. As soon as the spoilers start coming I will basically be off the internet until the books finally come out.
    The show is so far removed from the books at this point that I don't think anything major will be spoiled until next season, and by then WoW will (hopefully) be out.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town!
    Posts
    3,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wind View Post
    The show is so far removed from the books at this point that I don't think anything major will be spoiled until next season, and by then WoW will (hopefully) be out.
    Both will hit the same 'big' plot points and endings, it seems. The show will do it with fewer characters (or reusing them instead of creating new ones) and subplots though.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,873

    Default

    Seven ****ing hells. The latest episode almost made me want to stop watching.

        Spoiler:- Bowed, Bent, Broken:

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

        Spoiler:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •