Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NBA Offseason

Default 2016 NBA Offseason

With the NBA regular season now over it's time to gear up for the playoffs!

Last night Kobe Bryant dropped 60 points in his final game. What a way to end your 20 year basketball career. He scores 60 points and the Lakers win.

The Golden State Warriors finished the regular season 73-9. That's an incredible team accomplishment.

Last night was very memorable.

Time for the playoffs!

Basketball fans, feel free to discuss.
    Feel free to follow me on Twitter if you want.

The NBA playoffs are here yes, but if I ran things Chicago would be in the playoffs while Houston would not.

I want to see a playoff format which puts the top 16 teams by record regardless of conference in the postseason, but nominally divides them by conference. Under this format, if one conference has 9 or more teams in the top 16, the teams among the top 16 overall that placed below 8th in their own conference get sent to the other conference's playoffs.

Under this format, Chicago, at 42-40, would have been the 8th seed in the West (losing tie-breakers to Memphis and Dallas), and the 41-41 Houston Rockets would be staying home. The Bulls, fittingly enough, would face the team that broke Chicago's 20-year-old record for most regular season wins in a single season, Golden State, in the first round (the first time the Bulls played a Western Conference playoff series since 1977, and first time playing the Warriors in the postseason since 1975). The Bulls would probably be done in 4 games, but this system would work well.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

It's nice to see the Pistons back in the playoffs for the first time since 2009....

The last time the Pistons were in the playoffs the Cavaliers swept them. Many people think the same thing will happen again. Honestly, I don't see the Pistons getting swept. However, I think the Cavaliers will indeed win the series. I could see the Pistons giving the Cavaliers headaches, though. I'm just glad to see the Pistons back in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    With the NBA regular season now over it's time to gear up for the playoffs!

Last night Kobe Bryant dropped 60 points in his final game. What a way to end your 20 year basketball career. He scores 60 points and the Lakers win.
    Not dissing Kobe, but "the Lakers win", is just.. well.. they came in last during the regular season.. If not getting into the Playoffs wasn't bad enough, ending up last is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    The NBA playoffs are here yes, but if I ran things Chicago would be in the playoffs while Houston would not.

I want to see a playoff format which puts the top 16 teams by record regardless of conference in the postseason, but nominally divides them by conference. Under this format, if one conference has 9 or more teams in the top 16, the teams among the top 16 overall that placed below 8th in their own conference get sent to the other conference's playoffs.

Under this format, Chicago, at 42-40, would have been the 8th seed in the West (losing tie-breakers to Memphis and Dallas), and the 41-41 Houston Rockets would be staying home. The Bulls, fittingly enough, would face the team that broke Chicago's 20-year-old record for most regular season wins in a single season, Golden State, in the first round (the first time the Bulls played a Western Conference playoff series since 1977, and first time playing the Warriors in the postseason since 1975). The Bulls would probably be done in 4 games, but this system would work well.
    I once thought of this idea as well. Ironically, it was a time when the Western Conference had the better teams overall. Now there's four teams that stick out (GS, SA, LC, OC), and the other teams have had quite a bit of row with themselves mostly.. I'm a Dallas fan, so I'm glad they pulled out an amazing win-series to get a (relatively) good seeding. Golden State and San Antonio and perhaps the Clippers wouldn't have given Dallas a shot, but Oklahoma might.

Currently 1-1... That's something.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not dissing Kobe, but "the Lakers win", is just.. well.. they came in last during the regular season.. If not getting into the Playoffs wasn't bad enough, ending up last is.
    Oh trust me. I know the Lakers had a pitiful season. I would have loved to see Kobe retire with another ring.

Well, the Pistons lost game 1 against the Cavs. Lebron got away with a lot of no calls, but that's nothing new....

The Pistons might win a game when they head back to Detroit but they won't be heading the next round.

I have no interest in the playoffs because my team is missing half of its players and they've gotten blown the **** out in the first 2 games.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 21st April 2016 at 4:29 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

Kobe's last game was a masterpiece. As a Laker fan, seeing his last performance on TV was heartwarming. I'll miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I have no interest in the playoffs because my team is missing half of its players and they've gotten blow the **** out in the first 2 games.
    I'd like to solve the puzzle, the Memphis Grizzles!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    The Pistons might win a game when they head back to Detroit but they won't be heading the next round.
    ^ This. I couldn't agree more. The Pistons are toast....

As much as I would love to see the Pistons win this series it won't happen. It's nice to see the Pistons back in the playoffs, though. The Pistons last made the playoffs during the 2008-2009 season as an 8 seed. After that season....Well....The Pistons played terrible every season...

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Kobe's last game was a masterpiece. As a Laker fan, seeing his last performance on TV was heartwarming. I'll miss him.

I'd like to solve the puzzle, the Memphis Grizzles!
    Yeah the Grizzlies. With Gasol and Conley, we might've been able to get a better seed and not even be playing the Spurs.

Yeah the Grizzlies. With Gasol and Conley, we might've been able to get a better seed and not even be playing the Spurs.
    I remembered you were a Grizzly-fan from last season!

So far, there haven't really been any major upsets yet, but we're only at game 2 of the first round of the playoffs...

It's looking good for Dallas, considering they've got the home advantage for games 3 and 4. Take advantage of that and it's a 1-3 lead.
    Last edited by Locormus; 22nd April 2016 at 1:04 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Wow, the Rockets won game 3 in the lasting seconds. Stephen Curry didn't play, but a wins a win for the Rockets. This might be the only win the Rockets get against them in this series.

I still think the West is by far better than the East. If the Pistons are doing what they are doing against Cleveland I think there are at LEAST 4 teams in the west better than the best team in the East. Kinda ridiculous Lebron building teams in the East, put him in the west and see if he gets to the Championship every year. Do not get me wrong respect for Lebron and what he does for the game, but his numbers are based off of an extremely weak Eastern Conference of late. Praying OKC blows it though so the Lakers have a better chance of landing Westbrook or Durant. SA is going to be the team to beat I think, especially with a injured steph.

Damn... That was not the way I thought Dallas would use that home advantage.. T.T

The Warriors will be without Stephen Curry for at least two weeks. it will be interesting to see how the Warriors fare without Curry playing.

The Cavs swept the Pistons. Sure, the Pistons got swept, but at least they played tough in that series. The Pistons didn't fold like a lawn chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Damn... That was not the way I thought Dallas would use that home advantage.. T.T
    Yeah and OKC was playing pretty dirty.

anyone remember me?
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Wow, the Thunder are up on the Spurs 3-2.

Wow, the Thunder are up on the Spurs 3-2.
    I honestly thought the Spurs were going to obliterate the Thunder in this series after the first game.

But really this series could've been over already 4-1 for either team.

I honestly thought the Spurs were going to obliterate the Thunder in this series after the first game.

But really this series could've been over already 4-1 for either team.
    That's what I thought as well.

The Thunder just eliminated the Spurs, wow.

So the Thunder will play the Warriors in the west semis.

I'm hoping the Raptors wins against the Heat. I know they don't have a chance against the Cavs but seeing them in their first East Finals would be astonishing.

So the Thunder will play the Warriors in the west semis.
    West Finals*

EDIT: IT HAPPENED YES!
    Last edited by Savvao; 16th May 2016 at 5:46 AM.

I would love to see the Raptors beat the Cavs, but it's a longshot. The Raptors are already down 0-2....

At least the Raptors made it to the East Finals, though. That's a great accomplishment especially for them.

so, that game just happened
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you come at me in the debate forum, you'd best not miss.

Wow, the Thunder demolished the Warriors. The Thunder aren't messing around.

Wow, the Thunder demolished the Warriors. The Thunder aren't messing around.
    Once again the Thunder blown out the Warriors today. Seems to me their so-called ground-breaking NBA record is in jeopardy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast