Page 11 of 281 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    I myself don't really like the idea of them doing a triple threat match with all 3 fathers present although it would be great to see all of them at wrestlemania. I think that is just a little too similar to Orton's RTWM in the video game and that would just give more stupid people another argument to bring up in the whole fake vs. not as fake as you think argument.
    MITB: My prediction for Kofi to get the last spot in the match is based around what I read on the news site and my being a fan of his. He has done nothing but entertain and put on good matches since his debut and this may be his year to step up. There was only one qualifying match that Matt Hardy won at the SD taping and SD has 4 entrants to RAW's 3 so that sets up for 1 more and Kofi has not yet been given a match at Mania and he is one of the more popular stars in the WWE right now so he will definately be a part of it in some way.
    It would be good to see the American Dream, Cowboy and Million Dollar Man at Mania but I do hope they go with the Legacy against Orton angle. I think it has more potential if they work a feud with the Legend Killer for a while, they're both talented (although I think DiBaise is by the far the better of the two) and working with Orton has helped them a lot. Now it's time for them to move on.

Again, yeah if I were a betting man Kingston would be my pick to take that final spot. He's certainly got the high flying ability for it, has received a reasonable push to near the top of the midcard, and is very over with the crowd.
    That said until he's qualified we don't know for sure.

Also there's one thing I can see against Kingston and Bourne for that matter, there are 4-5 faces in this match already (depending on how you classify Kane, face or tween) against only 2 heels. There are usually more faces in the match then heels but it does seem a little light on for heels - although aside from Sheamus there isn't really a RAW heel left I can think of who could get into the match (since Chavo hasn't been treated seriously in years), and thinking about it I suppose it's very likely Sheamus will face Trips at Mania (after all would be hard for the WWE to leave Trips off the Mania card).

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I hope Matt wins, ladder matches IS his type of match.
    Hardys excel at Ladder Matches no doubt
    Matt or Shelton would be my preferred guys to win it, Shelton has provided major highlights in all the MITB matches he's been in - kinda sad in a way a lot of people think of him as a spot monkey when he's a very sound mat wrestler too.
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 5th March 2010 at 2:57 AM.

If Kingston is put in the MITB he'll win. But if not Christian will win it.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    If Kingston is put in the MITB he'll win. But if not Christian will win it.
    I don't necessarily agree with you but I'm curious about why you think Kingston is the most likely winner of the MITB if he's entered, and likewise why you think that if Kingston isn't in the match it'll be Christian.

I used to be all about the games, but was never into the show knowing it was fake.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2ilddtv.jpg[/IMG]
    "Now that's Quite ONYXceptable!"

It's been said all over the internet that Kingston will win.

It's been said all over the internet that Kingston will win.
    ...Er that it?

I mean if it was said all over the net Benjamin was gonna win I'd still be doubtful, cause it's the WWE who decides the winner not the online commentators.

Benjaman is nothing anymore If he would have had a heavyweight title shot he would have got it back in the day when he was beating Triple H. Yeah and WWE spoils sometimes you can tell it may be Kofi as the last man in the MITB and you can tell he'll win. Kofi and Christian deserve it more than Shelton.

Benjaman is nothing anymore If he would have had a heavyweight title shot he would have got it back in the day when he was beating Triple H. Yeah and WWE spoils sometimes you can tell it may be Kofi as the last man in the MITB and you can tell he'll win. Kofi and Christian deserve it more than Shelton.
    Personally I think Benjamin is better then he's ever been because he's learnt his lessons from being in the doghouse several times at the same time as now knowing his game. Guys can go years being hot without ever getting a title shot, cause they need to mature (both mentally and physically) and I'd say he's never got that shot since he's been in the doghouse a few times.

I really don't see why Kofi, or whoever the last person will be (since we don't know who that is yet), should be the favourite over the others simply cause they got in last.
    Not sure I can recall the WWE spoiling the ID of the MitB winner before.

Christian is definitely good and does deserve to be in the main-event. Kingston I'm still undecided on, since he's only been around for about 2.5 years - he looks like he has the potential but I think they need to wait a little longer before letting him go to the 'big dance' so to speak.
    As with Christian you know what you're getting with Benjamin, both good and bad. The guy is still cat-quick, one of the most athletic men in the company, and a solid mat wrestler with it.

I don't see how you can say that Kofi needs to wait longer before being in the main events because he's only been in WWE for under 3 years. Sheamus wasn't even there for a year and he became WWE champion. Kofi has proved himself that he can give us good main event level matches. He proved that with his very good rivalry with Orton. Also, the crowd loves him, and WWE likes when the crowd loves you. Kofi is at least deserving of a chance to prove to us that he can be world champion. Not to take away from Christian. Anyone who watched TNA while Christian was world champion over there knows that he can be a good face champion and heel champion.
    I definately think Shelton is way overdue for a push into the main event. There is no doubt that he is the best pure athlete right now in WWE and he is a big part of the success of MITB.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

I don't see how you can say that Kofi needs to wait longer before being in the main events because he's only been in WWE for under 3 years.
    I think Kofi needs more time to smooth out his offence and cut more promos. He still seems a bit raw to me, mainly cause he hasn't had a consistent program (ie feud, feud, feud, rest, feud) all the way through his time in the company.

Sheamus wasn't even there for a year and he became WWE champion. Kofi has proved himself that he can give us good main event level matches. He proved that with his very good rivalry with Orton. Also, the crowd loves him, and WWE likes when the crowd loves you. Kofi is at least deserving of a chance to prove to us that he can be world champion.
    Sheamus seemed like the real surprise out of the top draw spinner that grips and turns a mile (or to use the baseball metaphor - a curve ball) as choice for Champion. You don't always pick someone like that to be champion, he is solid enough in terms of a big brawler who can wrestle a bit but he's benefited as much from Vince's obsession with big guys as anything else.

I think it's better to have a slow rise, over which time a wrestler can refine their techniques regardless of their talent and how over they are. You push them too fast and can find yourself with someone the crowd loves but who isn't ready for the 'big dance' - look at Orton's first title run.
    There's no doubt he was talented, knew some of the craft and was massively over but (even though the booking wasn't as good as it could have been) he simply wasn't ready for it mentally. It took years for him to calm down and grow (wrestling wise and physically) into a professional who was ready to be a respected world champion and a cornerstone of the company.

When you've got guys like Kingston, Orton, Jack Swagger, Shelton Benjamin, Drew McIntrye, etc I think it's better to let them develop at a more natural pace not to push them too hard or too fast or they may crash and burn and never recover.

Now, with all that said I like Kingston. I think he's going to be huge, I just think he needs a little more time and a decent, even (my complaint with his feud with Orton is that Kofi always got the better of Orton in a fair fight, he and Orton never took each other to the limit of what they could both do - its in those feuds where wrestlers learn), feud with someone who is established to help compete his maturation as much as you can do before giving him that push and hoping he'll succeed.

Not to take away from Christian. Anyone who watched TNA while Christian was world champion over there knows that he can be a good face champion and heel champion.
    I definately think Shelton is way overdue for a push into the main event. There is no doubt that he is the best pure athlete right now in WWE and he is a big part of the success of MITB.
    Christian does indeed have everything you need to be a top-tier champion, anyone who doubts his potential to be World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Champion either hasn't seen his talent (either as displayed since his WWE return or while he was in TNA) or just doesn't like him.

Shelton was one of those rare near-complete packages - physically gifted, incredible leaping and high-flying abilities (to the extent he can still do things almost no-one else can) yet possessing extremely technically sound mat wrestling abilities. The only thing he lacked for a long time was good promo cutting skills, and the right attitude. Now he seems to have overcome those things.
    I think he's ready if they give him the chance.

I guess Matt and Kane are out of the question.......
    Last edited by Jb; 6th March 2010 at 10:21 AM.

I don't, to be real i wan't one of those 2 to win, it just all the talk about christian and shelton.

i forgot to put "guess" in my last post
    Last edited by Jb; 6th March 2010 at 10:22 AM.

I don't, to be real i wan't one of those 2 to win, it just all the talk about christian and shelton.
    LOL - yeah hearing praise for some competitors can make you root more heavily for others.

I think realistically I wouldn't be too dissatisfied with whoever they pick this time, looks like a really solid field of guys you think should be in a ladder match - unlike in matches where Henry was involved...

i forgot to put "guess" in my last post
    Ah yeah, accidents happen.

I'm getting really curious about what's going on with McIntrye, who I personally think is gonna be big - you guys'll see what I mean when Smackdown airs.

Oh yeah this week's Smackdown made me think about another reason the WWE isn't the same 'great' product it once was: stupid releases.
    They can find a place on their roster for "Slam Master J" and Jimmy Wang Yang, but not guys like Gregory Helms?
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 7th March 2010 at 2:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    but not guys like Gregory Helms?
    I agree, The Hurricane was F*cking Awesome!

Best gimmick of the decade if u ask me.

WWE started sucking since they went PG and everything good went with it, TNA is PG-13 and has that thing that made me watch WWE back in the Monday Night Wars 12 years ago.

Yeah but Gregory was always going to be in trouble after what happened with him and Jericho getting arrested, and considering Jericho is one of the best things in WWE at the moment and he's a multi time world champion he was never going to get released. Paul Burchill was a bit more of a shock to me than Helms, but seeing as the creative haven't had anything for him really to do other than that feud on ECW with The Hurricane, it's not that big of a shot.
    I think Kofi is going to win the MitB IF he's in it, otherwise I think I know who's going to have his place AND who's going to win it. (However, they're not necessarily the same guy, although they could be). And I agree with what was being said about Kofi being too raw, however seeing as that breifcase can be held for a year, that would give him the chance to mature, OR you can go for a big swerve and get the guy to cash it in the night he wins it. PICTURE THIS:Matt wins the money in the bank match at the start of the evening and then at the end of the night just after Edge has won the world title have matt come out and cash it in. Matt's world champion, you've got his first, couple of feuds sorted (Jericho has his title claus, as does Edge, but Matt's also stole his Wrestlemania moment). Or even a bigger swerve get matt to pin Batista or Cena at the end of the match. You've definately thrown him in the main event and seeing as Vince has an eye on this feud in the storyline, you can somehow throw him into the mix. Again I don't believe Matt will win MitB, it was just an example.

Points in short
    -Gregory Helms, never stood a chance once he got arrested
    -Kofi, is still a little raw, but you don't want to hold off on his push too long, like a certain Mr.Benjamin leaving him as a midcarder for life.
    -MitB is completely open for anyone to grab at the moment.

True. I what Matt to win but know thats not going to happen, I think Christian going to do it, hes way over due,

True. I what Matt to win but know thats not going to happen, I think Christian going to do it, hes way over due,

Yeah, but christian can hit the main event without the MitB, a few others I'm not so sure

In regards to the MitB match this is how I see the competitors who have already qualified:

Main Eventers:
    Christian & Kane.

Ready for the Main Event:
    Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy & Montel Vontavious Porter.

Still Raw:
    Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler.
    I'd put Kofi in this bracket too.

The MitB does tend to go to people who haven't been to the top of the mountain before (I'd argue Punk only won it the second time because they utterly botched his first run as Champion by shoving him out of a title defence) so I sorta doubt if Christian or Kane will win.
    It then becomes a question of if they want to use it to help mould someone who's still a little raw into a main-eventer or if they want to finally push someone who's been ready for a while up to the top of the mountain.

I agree, Thoes 3 you named for being ready, I wouldn't mind if they won, as for Kane I read somewhere(gotta find the site) that he said he wants another title run before he retires. If Matt get back in shape he could be a main eventer, He did Beat the undertaker twwice in a row, and he beat Kane, just give him a Table/ladder/ or chair and he owns.

Well as I've said I think this year I'll be happy with any of the participants winning, baring someone who shouldn't be in a ladder match (eg Mark Henry) taking the last spot - yes I know we all think it'll be Kingston but until that last spot is filled on TV we don't know for sure.

But yeah I think I'd be happiest with the three guys who I think are ready for the Main Event winning.

Good point about Kane, he really hasn't had that many top-tier title runs - I think he's just had the two (a really short WWE title run and a shortish ECW World Heavyweight run) so he's certainly a possible.

While I'd sorta prefer to see someone who's ready to be a main-eventer get the briefcase, then a push til he's ready to cash in with the MitB you can have the winner be one of the rawer guys and hope to mould him up into someone who's ready to be World Champ by the time you have it cashed in.

Anyway we have all this talk about MITB lets talk about the Championship matches.

I think Edge will lose, I also think WWE will shove Cena up our azz again this year.

Mizshow will keep the titles I think, I don't care about the divas division anymore.

As for HBK, He will again REST IN PEACE.

Anyway we have all this talk about MITB lets talk about the Championship matches.

I think Edge will lose, I also think WWE will shove Cena up our azz again this year.

Mizshow will keep the titles I think, I don't care about the divas division anymore.

As for HBK, He will again REST IN PEACE.

Page 11 of 281 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast