Page 189 of 286 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 7149

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Linda McMahon lost the senatorial election. that's a good thing, right?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Well linda losing means one of two possible things. 1) She can stop trying to run for office and not rack up another 50 million dollars on a useless campaign to feed her ego, unless her ideas turn out to be helpful to her state or even Merica~. 2) She can run again when elections roll around and probably rack up another 50 million in spending on a campaign. Option 3 is highly unlikely, as I just thought of it, but she can just give up and Vince can drop one worry in his life to focus on the product of WWE.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

I would think Linda losing would be a good thing but who really knows. The PG era ain't ending regardless so meh. I'm late on my thoughts on RAW and that's mainly because I haven't been watching like I normally do. I'm growing tired of WWE's current setup but anyway I don't see the point of Team Punk vs Team Foley anymore. Punk's not on the team anymore and neither is Ryback and Foley was never on the team so they should change the team name. Team Foley doesn't need to exist, call it Team Orton or something since the teams still have rivalrys with each other.

The John Cena and AJ storyline is just a ripoff of TNA's story with AJ Styles and Dixie Carter. At Least AJ Styles made fun of it last week on Impact. Yes I find Impact more interesting then RAW these days. I don't care where this going.

Sheamus and Big Show's feud is actually the only feud I care about right now to be honest. Scary isn't it.

Nothing else mattered to me on RAW. Filler and no feuds going on.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Linda losing would be a good thing if i didn't think she'd run again next time around.

Anyway, i haven't watched wrestling at all for at least 2 weeks. Another GM change big surprise, plus no interesting story-lines, and Dolph needs to Cash in his MitB already.

Still enjoy WWE 13 though :P

I kinda feel sorry for Linda. $100 million invested in two Senate runs with nothing to show for it. Was inevitable, though. House of Representatives aside, this really wasn't a Republican-friendly election.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    When did I say head to head with MONDAY night football? I was just talking about the sport in general.
    Monday Night Football is what Raw competes with, so that's the one to pay attention to. What sense does it make to talk about anything else (even though Sunday Night Football gets higher ratings than even Monday nights)?

I'm talking stockholder meetings and stuff like that, which is the only dirtsheet stuff I read, because it comes straight from vince itself. And before you badger me about it, no, vince didn't just come out and say "WWE is Dying", I'm just talking about the general gist of it.
    Okay. Point still remains. If Vince isn't changing his company and USA isn't forcing any changes, then nobody can be that worried. We've seen what happens when Vince panics about his company, so if he supposedly has to, why isn't he doing it?

...them NOT being in a serious decline....would pretty much be the definition of surviving now wouldn't it? They obviously aren't thriving and growing, we aren't seeing huge spikes in ratings, merch sales, various employees are cut, etc, but they aren't declining, case and point.
    Actually we have seen spikes in WWE business. They've made more money from merchandise sales, live events, and annual revenue in the last three years than at any other time in the last decade. No one says business as a whole is Attitude era successful (and it won't be again, considering that audience was never sustainable), but WWE has still made plenty of money in recent years.

Now this probably concludes our 50th pointless debate eh?
    I guess, you're not being forced to continue it. It's no more or less "pointless" than anything else being said in here, though.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 7th November 2012 at 5:08 PM.

Great crowd in England.

The number of times Vince has shown up recently should tell you something about the state of the show. Yes they have nothing to really worry about but I see what Raiga is saying. The ratings went down last week and WWE responded by shoehorning Cena into the main event for Survivor Series... stuff like that and pushing their social BS instead of pushing the newer guys and actually coming up with interesting storylines is bringing them down.

Atleast they are trying with Ryback, but he's pretty boring and one dimensional compared to guys like Wade and Sandow.

Cena would have been the main event regardless, and that's not reflective of anything aside from how WWE has booked for decades. Most of the time, your top draw gets put in the main event because he's the one most likely to bring in the money. Stone Cold was put into every pay-per-view main event from WrestleMania 14-Survivor Series '99 and no one would have assumed that it was because they were desperate for buys (ditto The Rock from WrestleMania 16-WrestleMania 17, with the one exception of HHH vs. Austin in Survivor Series 2000). It's the same with Vince, who's always made extended appearances in his product, even when things were good (see: his several months long feud with D-Generation X in 2006). I think the reason the main event was changed was just because Cena vs. Ziggler, or a 10-man SS Elimination Tag wouldn't be strong headliners.

Also, I don't see how Wade and Sandow are any less one-dimensional than Ryback. They talk more, but they've got no more depth to them than Ryback does. Ryback is generic "monster face". Sandow is generic "pseudo-intelligent, condescending heel". Wade is... well, Wade doesn't seem to have anything going on at all.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 8th November 2012 at 2:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Cena would have been the main event regardless, and that's not reflective of anything aside from how WWE has booked for decades. Most of the time, your top draw gets put in the main event because he's the one most likely to bring in the money.
    I get that but the problem is Cena doesn't have the same appeal as Rock or Stone Cold and his character has gotten extremely stale. hell there's even been reports that Cena himself has gotten sick of his character (I know they are just rumors and heresay, but still)

Also, I don't see how Wade and Sandow are any less one-dimensional than Ryback. They talk more, but they've got no more depth to them than Ryback does. Ryback is generic "monster face". Sandow is generic "pseudo-intelligent, condescending heel". Wade is... well, Wade doesn't seem to have anything going on at all.
    True, but most of that is because they've haven't been given the chance. both guys are great on the mic, versus Ryback who has only talked once that I recall and already had a shot at the belt.

That's kind of irrelevant, though. Cena isn't as great as The Rock and Steve Austin (neither are legends like Triple H, The Undertaker, or Shawn Michaels for that matter), but he is the greatest right now, and until someone comes around that can top Cena, he'll still be on top.

I'll also disagree with his character being stale. I used to think the same, but after seeing his work with Punk, Rock, and Lesnar over the past year, his character is probably the most interesting in the WWE. No other character can be used in as wide a range of feuds and storylines as he can, nor could anyone else play a face AND heel depending entirely on who he faces as well as him.

As far as Wade, Sandow, and Ryback... I think it's important to remember that Ryback is still pretty new, same as Sandow and Wade. We have no idea what he can be capable of in the future. So if those two deserve the benefit of the doubt, so does Ryback.

john cena's character? i know im gonna sound like a 5 year old, but i dont think it's much of a character. maybe's it not 100% john cena, but it think it's at least 90%. i actually believe cena is like that in real life, "the good guy", as are other superstars. and cm punk, before recently turning heel, wasn't really "being a character" either. look up real interviews; he's rebellious and a badass. the only difference between that and wwe is he curses more in real life. that's what i like about cena, and punk before the summer: it doesn't feel like a gimmick. and i don't really think it's a gimmick

Credit to Brutaka

Yeah, that's cena's double edged sword right there. He can't do much besides being himself, but he himself is entertaining and occasionally funny.

Though I suppose I can't say he can't act or anything like that, the rapper gimmick was about the only real gimmick he's had, and he obviously did well with it...so who's to say?
    ----------------------------------

Sorry, I'm still not sold on Cena. His corny jokes and good guy attitude got old a long time ago. He was interesting on occasion feuding with the Rock but that's about it. That's great that he can be used with anyone, not so much if it's just the same guy versus a new heel every time.

Agreeing with this^

TBH, the only time I laught at Cena is when his jokes are so corny, it comes out funny.

its been a while since ive seen much of raw, so when the hell did the miz become babyface? and why are they explicitly forcing him kn the wwe universe to vote for him to join team foley? he was a horrible heel, and he'll make the most nauseating babyface. i see they put ryder and santino as fillers, but i figured people would vote for Ryder. i guess people stopped caring about him. but the miz? are you kidding me?

Credit to Brutaka

WHAT? Miz was a great heel, much better than what Punk and anyone else was doing at the time.

i think a great heel is the ultimate antagonist whose words and actions fuels a hatred in you for that person. they have to be charismatic and talented in the ring and they have to sell their promos with excellence. basically, i just described punk. but how could the miz be a great heel when he's didnt receive hatred, but annoyed and bored, as responses to his promo? or when he can't wrestle? or he overused his "really" and "awesome" simple catch phrases? or he has that ridiculous facial expression because he's trying to be cunning and wise like y2j? or everytime he had a promo it was about him deserving the spotlight and some type of opportunity for the upcoming ppv, even though he hasn't been a relevant contender since wrestlemania 27? or just the way his voice sounds in promos because, again, he wants to be the next y2j, but there's only one so he really needs a new direction, like competing on "the challenge" with other former "real world" contestants because he fits in more there than in wwe trying to make a lame, rip-off gimmick that hasn't been cared about since 2010?

now i know you can probably say things about punk, but seeing as he is by far my favorite, im pretty biased and it might be difficult to convinced me that he sucks

Credit to Brutaka

He should have kept that cool jacket he wore for his return. The Rawactive poll was clearly rigged, no way Miz wouldn't make the cut when he's on the promotional poster...

also I get they want us to hate Punk but that whole angle playing off Jerry's heart attack was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i think a great heel is the ultimate antagonist whose words and actions fuels a hatred in you for that person. they have to be charismatic and talented in the ring and they have to sell their promos with excellence.
    I don't know about you but all Pun is doing for me is annoying me with all the I want respect talk. It's extremely pretentious. It's doesn't help that he is feuding with Cena, someone that most people in my age group doesn't even like.

how could the miz be a great heel when he's didnt receive hatred, but annoyed and bored, as responses to his promo? or when he can't wrestle?
    Did you not see the crowd when he beat Orton for the title? Or Cena, or those other people when he was teaming with Show or feuding with Morrison? Miz gets plenty of heat considering he doesn't really look the part. And Miz can't wrestle? Lmao.

or he overused his "really" and "awesome" simple catch phrases?
    How is this any different for Stone Cold's "Whats", R-Truths "Jimmys", or anything Cena says?
    or he has that ridiculous facial expression because he's trying to be cunning and wise like y2j?
    I personally don't mind it, but the fact that you pointed it out means that Miz is at least standing out and not being one the many generic wrestlers on the roster.
    or everytime he had a promo it was about him deserving the spotlight and some type of opportunity for the upcoming ppv, even though he hasn't been a relevant contender since wrestlemania 27?
    Every heel does this. Y2J, Truth, hell even Cena does it.

or just the way his voice sounds in promos because, again, he wants to be the next y2j, but there's only one so he really needs a new direction, like competing on "the challenge" with other former "real world" contestants because he fits in more there than in wwe trying to make a lame, rip-off gimmick that hasn't been cared about since 2010?
    Now you just sound like a hater.

now i know you can probably say things about punk, but seeing as he is by far my favorite, im pretty biased and it might be difficult to convinced me that he sucks
    I can say a shitton about Punk, but he is a great wrestler and entertaining. All I want in a wrestler is one of those, which is think the Miz does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    also I get they want us to hate Punk but that whole angle playing off Jerry's heart attack was pretty bad.
    if by bad you mean inappropriate then yes i agree. heart attacks are no joke and at first i thought it was funny but but then i imagined what heart attack victims would have thought watching that. other than that it was a good promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb
    It's doesn't help that he is feuding with Cena, someone that most people in my age group doesn't even like.
    YOUR age group? im not like 12 or anything. my age group doesn't like him either. im just the odd ball of my age group i guess

Now you just sound like a hater.
    i wish i could say that isn't true but if i really dislike the miz this strongly then call it what it is no shame

Credit to Brutaka

I don't think 'bad' is the best word to describe it. It was kinda distasteful. I did enjoy the promo a lot, but I feel like it could have been done without utilizing Jerry's heart attack. I think I didn't like that because it just turned something that was really serious for what it was into another typical angle for Punk to get cheap heel heat, but thats just me. Also Heyman faking that heart attack shouldn't have been done, period. Otherwise it was a decent promo

This is the same company that had Vince fight "God" on pay-per-view, Big Bossman drag around a casket with Big Show's dead father inside, Trish strip to her underwear and bark like a dog, Triple H have sex with a mannequin, and exploited the death of Eddie Guerrero for months to add cheap heat to storylines (and that's only WWE, not even getting into the stuff that's happened in the non-WWE careers of Foley and Heyman). The Jerry Lawler stuff was pretty standard for pro wrestling in general, and I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if Jerry wasn't alright with it.

To be honest, I found the whole segment pretty funny in that "so bad, it's hilarious" kind of way. Even moreso considering that whatever heat they managed to add to Punk was gone by the time of the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by firestar319 View Post
    I don't think 'bad' is the best word to describe it. It was kinda distasteful. I did enjoy the promo a lot, but I feel like it could have been done without utilizing Jerry's heart attack. I think I didn't like that because it just turned something that was really serious for what it was into another typical angle for Punk to get cheap heel heat, but thats just me. Also Heyman faking that heart attack shouldn't have been done, period. Otherwise it was a decent promo
    I pretty much agree with this. WWE have done distasteful things like this in the past, but to be honest I'm surprised it got by the PG rating. A man almost died and they make fun of it to get cheap heel heat on Punk and the real kicker is Punk won't lose that belt till Royal Rumble so you got a long wait to see him get his. I guess WWE forgot a former star of their's (Umaga) died from a heart attack. I understand they wanted heel heat on Punk, but Heyman's fake heart attack was pushing it. I actually couldn't believe what I had just watched at first.

As far as everything about the show, same as always. Big Show and Sheamus is still the main thing I'm looking forward to at Survivor Series. I'm actually tired of CM Punk as champ even before his little stunt last night. The downside of long title reigns like this is you can get sick of the champ. This is how I got sick of John Cena. Miz as a face should be interesting. At least it's new.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

This is the same company that had Vince fight "God" on pay-per-view, Big Bossman drag around a casket with Big Show's dead father inside, Trish strip to her underwear and bark like a dog, Triple H have sex with a mannequin, and exploited the death of Eddie Guerrero for months to add cheap heat to storylines (and that's only WWE, not even getting into the stuff that's happened in the non-WWE careers of Foley and Heyman). The Jerry Lawler stuff was pretty standard for pro wrestling in general, and I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if Jerry wasn't alright with it.
    Didn't you just go on and on about how WWE is different today than back then and we shouldn't go off comparing the attitude era with PG? lol.

I would have preferred Vince vs God. That actually sounds interesting. playing off a WWE Legend's recent death just to put heat on Punk comes across as bad taste. I know they have done things like this in the past but that doesn't make it any less distasteful. Not to mention they went ahead with this when he returned.

To be honest, I found the whole segment pretty funny in that "so bad, it's hilarious" kind of way. Even moreso considering that whatever heat they managed to add to Punk was gone by the time of the main event.
    I noticed that too haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. WWE have done distasteful things like this in the past, but to be honest I'm surprised it got by the PG rating.
    That's the thing, WWE seems more TV-Y7 - G than PG. I'm not surprised at all it made the rating because you can get away with a lot more under the PG rating than WWE has. Take for example all the swearing during Rock's return and subsequent episodes that were all still rated PG. It is after all only one rung lower than TV-14.

Didn't you just go on and on about how WWE is different today than back then and we shouldn't go off comparing the attitude era with PG? lol.
    You mean the discussion about how we shouldn't compare Attitude era business (which has nothing to do with content) to today? Would I really need to explain the difference?

My post is entirely concerned with why people are even offended given the terrible things WWE has done in the past. Even if you want to make the point that it was Attitude - which is valid, considering that was an era where they were going for shock value - remember that even in the TV-PG days of WWF 1996, you had things like Brian Pillman pulling a gun on Steve Austin.

I'm not defending the segment at all, it was hilariously bad and a bit hypocritical given what happened with AW a while ago, but the outrage is confusing. We've sat through so much worse, and given Lawler's own history, he was most likely okay with it. And he's the one who had the heart attack.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 14th November 2012 at 11:33 AM.

^Is it bad that I laughed at that segment?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

Page 189 of 286 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast