Page 190 of 300 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 7479

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    You mean the discussion about how we shouldn't compare Attitude era business (which has nothing to do with content) to today? Would I really need to explain the difference?
    Nope I was talking about the content, If you remember the whole AW discussion...

My post is entirely concerned with why people are even offended given the terrible things WWE has done in the past. Even if you want to make the point that it was Attitude - which is valid, considering that was an era where they were going for shock value - remember that even in the TV-PG days of WWF 1996, you had things like Brian Pillman pulling a gun on Steve Austin.

I'm not defending the segment at all, it was hilariously bad and a bit hypocritical given what happened with AW a while ago, but the outrage is confusing. We've sat through so much worse, and given Lawler's own history, he was most likely okay with it. And he's the one who had the heart attack.
    I wasn't offended at all but it makes sense to me when they use a guy's death to push an angle, especially when it doesn't advance anything as you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan
    I'm not defending the segment at all, it was hilariously bad and a bit hypocritical given what happened with AW a while ago, but the outrage is confusing
    yah i remember aw. but i remember a lot of people were saying that Linda's campaign was a factor. and now that that's over, the leash could be loosened a bit. also - since you like to point out things that have been happening in wwe for the longest time - you should know by now that superstars that get paid a lot and bring in a lot of money get away with more stuff than people like aw, meaning the wwe is gonna be hypocritical because they think with their wallets and not their hearts
    Last edited by flamebeam; 14th November 2012 at 11:37 PM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    yah i remember aw. but i remember a lot of people were saying that Linda's campaign was a factor. and now that that's over, the leash could be loosened a bit. also - since you like to point out things that have been happening in wwe for the longest time - you should know by now that superstars that get paid a lot and bring in a lot of money get away with more stuff than people like aw, meaning the wwe is gonna be hypocritical because they think with their wallets and not their hearts
    ...If we're talking about stuff people should know by now, you should know that the WWE can't be treated as one big supergroup of people.

The difference between john cena and AW is that no one person in the company would think firing john cena would be a good idea, HOWEVER, in AW's case all it takes is one writer, or sponser, to not like AW for him to be fired. It's not really money related, because most people working there know someone like just gabriel can go from bringing in 500 buck in merchandise to $5,000 in a day, i.e. daniel bryan or ryback.
    ----------------------------------

Rumor is Swagger is going to be repackaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Rumor is Swagger is going to be repackaged.
    All-American American to, uhh... communist spy???

Credit to Brutaka

^Nay, he's gonna be Olav from Over Like Olav.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

So...if anybody caught Survivor Series, Dean Ambrose debuted.

Finally Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are officially going to be on the roster. My only hope is that they are not fed to Ryback as jobbers.

I didn't see Survivor Series but I heard Punk retained. Big shock there. How did he weasel out of a defeat this time? Also has anyone watched Smackdown lately? I haven't because I've been running errands on Fridays. Has anything good happened? I know it's nowhere near as good or hyped as it use to be but still...
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I haven't watched WWE in like 3 months because I don't have cable anymore. Also, since WWE has gotten strict with people putting the entire shows on YouTube I can't watch it there either, but I try to keep up with it by reading the news.
    Anyways, hello everyone!
    Last edited by Sinnoh Ash; 19th November 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I didn't see Survivor Series but I heard Punk retained. Big shock there. How did he weasel out of a defeat this time?
    Ryback laid out Cena. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns (?) showed up out of nowhere and attacked Ryback. Punk then went in and stole the pin on Cena during the confusion.

Also has anyone watched Smackdown lately? I haven't because I've been running errands on Fridays. Has anything good happened? I know it's nowhere near as good or hyped as it use to be but still...
    Just from reading the results, nothing has really happened. Watch it if you're interested in Big Show's WHC reign or whatever Orton and Sheamus are doing, but otherwise it's been completely skippable. The Supershow, plus three-hours, have really hurt SmackDown. There's no reason to watch it since all the big things happen on Raw, and it lacks an exclusive roster of its own.

Ryback laid out Cena. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns (?) showed up out of nowhere and attacked Ryback. Punk then went in and stole the pin on Cena during the confusion.
    Roman Reigns is part of the famous Samoan family. He's Rosey's brother and the Rock's Cousin, Uso's Cousin, Rikishi's, etc.

Big Show is the WHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Big Show is the WHC?
    Yes, and believe it or not, both his matches with Sheamus have been pretty good so far.

Just from reading the results, nothing has really happened. Watch it if you're interested in Big Show's WHC reign or whatever Orton and Sheamus are doing, but otherwise it's been completely skippable. The Supershow, plus three-hours, have really hurt SmackDown. There's no reason to watch it since all the big things happen on Raw, and it lacks an exclusive roster of its own.
    I know. It's just I use to really love Smackdown and there was a time I loved it over RAW and considered it the A show. That was like in 2002. I miss those days. I guess my inner WWE fan is just sad seeing what has become of ole Smackdown. Today it's a joke, but I do love that they have JBL back on commentary. He's like the only reason I would watch.

three-six-five! tes-ti-fy!
    'cause punk's #1 for one-more-night!~

corny rap aside, i am to be honest kinda annoyed the way they make him retain. they're soiling what would've been a great title reign just so they could please punk by putting him in the record books while trying to keep cena the main babyface of wwe. so their solution is to make punk into a cheap heel. and for what? so he can lose it to the rock for one night cuz the rock is so expensive that he has to win all his matches?

p.s. to matt striker: i get it's No-shave November, but i think your mustache is a definite exception

Credit to Brutaka

So who watched Raw? I read the results and apparently Ryback was destroyed again by the same 3 guys who attacked him yesterday and John Cena kissed AJ for a long time. And he could have possibly reinjured himself again.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Damn, I haven't done a report for a while since WWE's lack of consistent booking made me not want to. I've been keeping up, damn last night and tonight was pretty impressive for some booking.

Survivor Series dragged throughout the middle of the show. Cesaro/Truth was pretty ok, Eve/Kaitlyn was really bad. The opening SS traditional tag match was pretty awesome though. Kidd, Gabriel, Rey, Cara all had chances to shine in that match. As well Cara got guys to work similar styles with in Epico and Primo so he shined better than usual. Lots of good high spots in the match. Wish the 4 heels that are real tag teams had gotten a bit more offense. Great way to start the show. Once again Sheamus/Show delivered. I didn't enjoy the end, but it was effective and guaranteed a match at TLC plus Show is actually funny when yelling at refs :x

The second 5 man tag match was obviously less than expected with punk/ryback being out of it and Miz going to team Foley and Ziggler now leading it. However if anything it showed that Barrett is pretty damn good in ring, Miz can work well as a face in the ring seeing as his momentum and offense actually transitions well to feeding off the audiences energy, Del Rio surprisingly went over both Miz/DB, and Ziggler got a much needed win with a SUPERKICK!

The triple threat was pretty decent when I thought it'd be a train wreck. Punk/Cena had to team up against Ryback who no sold their offenses which actually makes him look more like a legit threat to the guys if they ever have to face him in 1 on 1 competition. The debut of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Deam Ambrose was awesome which I hope they do something with these guys so they are main stays and don't fade away. Punk won and is the first year long champ we've had in a while. Also, the spot where punk actually suplexed ryback was sweet.

Raw, honestly I'm surprised with the consistent booking we got tonight. Something went off in creative's head that was pure magic. Let's go down this list:

Ryback powers through Tensai-Ryback is made to be a beast. Yet he's not that much of a beast that other guys his size can't do a little damage.

Kofi/Wade-Damn we have consistency where Barrett wants the IC title after he said he's better than Kofi, has beaten Kofi before, and took him out last night. He wants something he knows he can beat Kofi for. Logical...weird.

Cesaro/Clay- Cesaro got mass heat last night, and although it's USA hate on foreigners heat it's still heat. Plus he's got damn good skills in ring and is powerful for putting Clay in the gotch-style Neutralizer. Bonus points for randomly crazy R-Truth on commentary.

Rio/Orton- A match that involves psychology...man WWE is going all out tonight. Rio gets DQ'd for working on Orton's arm, but scores fall 2 with the cross armbreaker where Randy has to fight back to win. End was a bit shaky, but the psychology involved with falls 1 and 2 made up for it.

Miz/Otunga-Otunga = jobber but looked good, and made Miz look good as a face.

Sandow/Sheamus-Sheamus and Show interactions are great, add in Sandow for shenanigans and how awesome his persona is...and well you have interesting match ups and promos. Needs a lot more William Regal now.

Cara/Rey vs Team Hell No- Interesting match up especially with the PTP's hyping up who is really revitalizing the tag division although Titus needs to work on commentary. Both teams had a great match although the run in at the end could have been done better.

After all the AJ, Cena, vickie, and Ziggler...finally a payoff! AJ and Cena making out in the ring, Ziggler attacks, Cena is now injured probably, Ziggler shows why he can work on his own by ripping right into AJ, and AJ goes ballistic on him. Man for all the BS this has been these few segments tonight have been worth it.

Finally, we got all the shenanigans of Paul Heyman and Punk tonight. Heyman's throwing a party, and wants BALLOONS! Punk goes off listing all the "legends" who fell short of ever having a one year reign. And saying he will go to 2018 to take over Bruno Sammartino's top reign. As well they built up what we want in Bruno in the HOF one day, and a possible Austin/Punk match up. Damn you WWE for teasing us so. As well the same thing happened with Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose putting Ryback through a table again. I was hoping they wouldn't be left off the show. For once in a long while good job WWE.

Parts that sucked- Primo/Epico squash, they could have instead faced Kidd/Gabriel or some other team. Kaityln/Aksana, man we need new divas, and well the AJ/Cena/Vickie/Ziggler storyline still sucks to watch for being an actual storyline. Hopefully it ends soon.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

RAW was average. I probably would have been more excited for CM Punk's title days thing if he had not turned into such a lame heel this year. This is so far his worst heel run for me, I much prefer 2011's edgy anti-hero Punk or the straight edge society Punk. Both entertained me. 2012 heel Punk is your average generic heel whining about how cool he is.
    But whatever. I was kinda surprised seeing Ryback get taken out at the end. I mean isn't this the same guy who could beat numerous jobbers at once and now suddenly he's mortal? These guys weren't even as big as him, they could have at least used chairs or weapons to weaken Ryback. If nothing else he certainly doesn't feel like Goldberg.

By the way am I the only one who wanted Paul Heyman to mention Brock Lesnar during his promo telling Punk he's the best in the world? I would have loved for Lesnar to have come out to challenge Punk but yeah I know they won't.

Everything else on RAW was blah to me. I did enjoy Ziggler being shown as a legit threat to Cena even if it was only because Cena hurt himself. But the AJ Vickie crap I don't care about. I'm just not into WWE much these days, for pretty much same reason as Celestial Phantom said. They don't even play half the guys entrances when they come out anymore like David Otunga's awesome theme. Brodus Clay has pretty much failed and become a oversized jobber.

The Hornswaggle and Rosa bit was alright only because Rosa got airtime. But yeah that's pretty much all I cared for.

My suggestion for anyone who's bored of the current product: turn your attention to areas of wrestling you DO enjoy, or areas of wrestling that you've never seen before. I'm trying to watch through the Raws and WWF pay-per-views of 1997 (just finished "Thursday Night Thursday" 2/13/97, the episode where Shawn Michaels "loses his smile"), and it's been great to see a product that actually feels like there's some energy to it - with the rise of Stone Cold, Bret Hart's upcoming heel turn, 'Taker vs. Vader, Sid, etc. It's been very fun so far and makes me realize why I got into wrestling in the first place.

That said, Raw was pretty decent for what I saw of it. Drank a little too much and fell asleep during Sheamus/Sandow, so I missed whatever happened after that, but Orton/Del Rio '2 out of 3 falls' was a pretty good match, with a story throughout. And I'm not a fan of either of those guys. Kofi vs. Barrett was also good. However, the Cena/AJ/Vickie/Dolph angle is getting more and more hilariously bad as the weeks go by.

What I loved from RAW was out of all the guys who could've helped Cena after Ziggler beat him up it was Titus O'Neil, I mean when none of the faces give a **** about you. Also I really don't like Lawler or Cole on commentary, Cole because he can't commentate and Lawler 'cause he's a racist on commentary.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

WWE's top 20 icons of the Attitude Era.

20. The APA – Farooq and JBL
    19. Shane McMahon
    18. Goldust
    17. The Dudleys
    16. Bret Hart
    15. Kurt Angle
    14. Team Extreme – Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Lita
    13. Stephanie McMahon
    12. Big Show
    11. Edge and Christian
    10. Chris Jericho
    9. Kane
    8. The New Age Outlaws
    7. The Undertaker
    6. Shawn Michaels
    5. Vince McMahon
    4. Mick Foley
    3. Triple H
    2. The Rock
    1. Steve Austin

Not tbh.

I'd change the order of the Top Ten. Shawn Michaels was hardly there for the Attitude Era, and shouldn't be ahead of The Undertaker, who was a top heel in 1998 and '99. In fact, HBK would struggle to make the Top Ten at all since most of his direct involvement in the Attitude Era was made up of cameos. Of the two things he did that really had an impact on the time period - creating DX and putting over Steve Austin - the former hit its peak without Shawn there at all, and the latter was all about Stone Cold and Mike Tyson, with Shawn being the third wheel in his own title defense.

Similarly, Vince should be at #3 considering that Austin vs. McMahon was one of the biggest feuds of the time period. Not that Triple H wouldn't have his place at #4 or #5, but the top three should be Austin, Rock, and Vince.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 21st November 2012 at 1:29 AM.

^ What about Kai En Tai, they beat Triple HHH and Taka was a number one contender to the WWF Championship at one point. (I mean he was a contender, not that he got squashed within a minute like Zack Ryder or ironically Bob Backlund during his title drop to Diesel.)

I think there should have been a DX spot. That way, HHH, HBK, X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws would be grouped up in one spot. I also don't think Mick Foley should be so high up. Most of his stuff was feuding with Taker in 95-97? The Dudleys, E&C and Hardy should have all been grouped together. If not, E&C could have been grouped with the Ministry of Darkness. It just doesn't seem right for them to take 3 spots when all they really did was feud with each other over TLC's.

A what about the Brood?

Page 190 of 300 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast