Page 192 of 299 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 7453

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Man I miss the old WWF ._.

^

In that vein, I was watching some of the old episodes from '97 the other day and it's just hitting me now how insanely overproduced the modern product is compared to how it used to be. Those silly, illogical things like the "invisible backstage camera" never really existed back then, a guy's didn't somehow play when he's supposed to be frantically rushing towards the ring to save someone, and most ring segments were done via scheduled interviews with either Vince McMahon or J.R. If there's one thing I'd like WWE to do in the future, it would be a return to that style of presentation.

I feel 1997 is a year that needs more attention. I'm just after WrestleMania 13, and it's a combination of some of the better parts of the Attitude era without the really dated "Shock TV" content.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    lol yes let's go back to that. i think big show should be the hulk cuz the hulk is super strong but also very smart, and.show is the smartest big wrestler i can think of. evan bourne for hawkeye (instead of caesaro). john cena did "the marine" and has the muscles, so it only makes sense if he's the capt.
    I think Kane would be a better Hulk. He's unstable enough that he can make the switch from "good guy" to "bad guy" on a dime, which is one of the closest pro wrestling equivalents to the whole Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk dynamic that I can think of. He's also been shown to be very smart and cunning (more so than I've ever seen Show).

Captain America - John Cena
    Iron Man - CM Punk
    Thor - Sheamus
    The Hulk - Kane
    Black Widow - Aksana
    Hawkeye - Cesaro
    Last edited by charizardfan; 3rd December 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    In that vein, I was watching some of the old episodes from '97 the other day and it's just hitting me now how insanely overproduced the modern product is compared to how it used to be. Those silly, illogical things like the "invisible backstage camera" never really existed back then, a guy's didn't somehow play when he's supposed to be frantically rushing towards the ring to save someone, and most ring segments were done via scheduled interviews with either Vince McMahon or J.R. If there's one thing I'd like WWE to do in the future, it would be a return to that style of presentation.
    A few years ago they showed old episodes of AWA on espn classics, and one of things I thought was cool(well, kinda stupid) was whenever they had the backstage interviews every wrestler would have a backdrop to go with it. The most memorable one was a HUGE painting someone did for Larry Zybyszko called "larryland" with all kinds of carnival rides and stuff. Another, for a group called destruction crew(best promos on the planet by the way, though not on the internet unfortunately), had a construction site backdrop.

Unfortunately something like that wouldn't really work nowadays, as no-one has any personality to work with. Or rather I should say people don't really have gimmicks anymore.
    ----------------------------------

barely watched raw tonight. all i have to say is -- and I'm sorry, but i really had an open mind about.him tonight -- i really just don't like the miz. when he interrupted punk, that stupid face he had when he came out, i wanted to break my tv. the walrus thing was ok. during the lie detector test, after cm punk told him he sucks, he said "like your mother". horrible. the way he said things just to get a cheer, which he received very little of, like when he raised his voice as he said "the year that I MAIN-EVENTED WRESTLEMANIA. so cliche did he have to say "really" like 7 times? it's one.thing that his mic skills are juvenile and amateur, but then he's not a good wrestler, either. sorry guys. i don't see it

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

He could be good if he had more to work with, but I wasn't feeling that stuff either. I liked Raw for the most part other than that terrible Santino/Sandow segment and most of the stuff with Vickie.

Come to think of it now that Cole has lightened up and Cena isn't completely dominating the show as much Vickie has become the most annoying character on Raw for me. Terrible idea making her "Managing Supervisor"

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Captain America - John Cena
    Iron Man - CM Punk
    Thor - Sheamus
    The Hulk - Kane
    Black Widow - Aksana
    Hawkeye - Cesaro
    Sheamus as Thor? but he has short hair. and Triple H already has a hammer and everything.

I loved the Damien Sandow promo where he brings a member from the audience and asks them questions and constanly gets annoyed with their happy attitudes. Sandow is one of the best things going in WWE right now, keep him going. Push this man. I love him insulting the crowd.

The Shield attacking all over through the night was good for their invasion angle for sure. They attacked Team Friendship (I still call them that) Randy Orton and Miz at the end of that boring lie detector test. I don't think Miz is quite over enough as a face yet and if they want to push him this way, they need to make his mic skills better. CM Punk owned him last night with words alone so Miz has to up his game. But at the end when Kane and Daniel Bryan went to fight the Shield, I was kinda surprised Randy Orton didn't come out to help. Usually the Viper always goes out for revenger but Ryback came and I guess they didn't want to overload it, even though with Punk and the Shield vs Orton, Ryback, Bryan and Kane it would have been even. Miz was knocked out the whole beating.

Oh yeah and AJ beat Tamina Snuka. I think it's funny AJ got a bigger reaction then Miz last night XD Cena vs Ziggler is finally confirmed for TLC. TLC is our next PPV isn't it? Well regardless I hope Ziggler wins and in a weird yet crazy twist, I kinda hope AJ turns heel and cost Cena that match and reveals to be working with Ziggler all along, because Ziggler was right. Everytime she was with Cena she wanted it to be Ziggler and this betrayl was her way to get with Ziggler. It would fit AJ's crazy character. Hey the story already sucked so why not?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I loved the Damien Sandow promo where he brings a member from the audience and asks them questions and constanly gets annoyed with their happy attitudes. Sandow is one of the best things going in WWE right now, keep him going. Push this man. I love him insulting the crowd.

The Shield attacking all over through the night was good for their invasion angle for sure. They attacked Team Friendship (I still call them that) Randy Orton and Miz at the end of that boring lie detector test. I don't think Miz is quite over enough as a face yet and if they want to push him this way, they need to make his mic skills better. CM Punk owned him last night with words alone so Miz has to up his game. But at the end when Kane and Daniel Bryan went to fight the Shield, I was kinda surprised Randy Orton didn't come out to help. Usually the Viper always goes out for revenger but Ryback came and I guess they didn't want to overload it, even though with Punk and the Shield vs Orton, Ryback, Bryan and Kane it would have been even. Miz was knocked out the whole beating.

Oh yeah and AJ beat Tamina Snuka. I think it's funny AJ got a bigger reaction then Miz last night XD Cena vs Ziggler is finally confirmed for TLC. TLC is our next PPV isn't it? Well regardless I hope Ziggler wins and in a weird yet crazy twist, I kinda hope AJ turns heel and cost Cena that match and reveals to be working with Ziggler all along, because Ziggler was right. Everytime she was with Cena she wanted it to be Ziggler and this betrayl was her way to get with Ziggler. It would fit AJ's crazy character. Hey the story already sucked so why not?
    so true what you said about punk. I would have said it to but I'm biased to anything punk-related. but i think it's safe to say that punk absolutely destroyed miz in both promos. he just dissected the guy's career and pointed out everything that sucks about. and he even said, "yeah, I'll say it; the miz sucks!" and punk, throughout both promos, just kept going back to ripping on the miz. punk is just too badass for miz to mess with

and i actually lime that idea with heel aj and ziggler. it would definitely make the story interesting, make AJ more popular than ever, and even push ziggler

Credit to Brutaka

Mic skills aren't something they can suddenly just make better on a guy. Miz has the talent there and he just needs to adjust it to a face persona rather than his heel-ish one. Let's face it he is a natural heel because he is annoying which what made hating him work. He will have to just ease into using face mic tactics, besides while Punk was obviously better, the Human Walrus thing was pretty damn funny. No disrespect to Heyman, but if they milk the human walrus joke in the coming weeks, it will probably make my nights watching wrestling.

Sandow's little skits are reminiscent of Ted Dibiase, Sr. The old school tactic of giving an audience member a shot to "win" something in Dibiase's case it was always money, in this case the chance to be Sandow's intellectual apprentice was pretty damn good. Also, BANISHMENT for all those who are intellectually INFERIOR!!! Eh, it seems like a suitable punishment to me. Sandow's just got that throwback to some old school heel tactics that makes his connection to the audience just a lot better.

I get the feeling that the tag division will get put on the backburner at TLC. With the Shield attacking Orton and Team Hell No, I get the feeling that it might set up for them to have their first matches seeing as they've been attacking Ryback/THN the last few Raws. Attacking Orton last night might signal a big 6 man tag match for TLC. Orton and Team Hell No currently have no opponents and Ryback can't be the 6th man due to him being in the WWE title match. So, at least it would give something for Orton to do, and we can see if the Shield pull off in their first match officially as members of the main roster. Having ring generals such as Orton, Kane, and Daniel Bryan can make the Shield look good in their debut match if that were to happen, and give them a rub whether they win or lose.

As well, Michael Cole can burn for calling Dean Ambrose, Daniel Ambrose. A fusion of Ambrose and Daniel Bryan could be cool, but it actually got me to picture what that fusion would look like.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Which made Santino's appearance during that segment even worse.

I think it's funny AJ got a bigger reaction then Miz last night XD
    That's because AJ actually has some character, versus Miz who says and does close to nothing interesting.

Cena vs Ziggler is finally confirmed for TLC. TLC is our next PPV isn't it? Well regardless I hope Ziggler wins and in a weird yet crazy twist, I kinda hope AJ turns heel and cost Cena that match and reveals to be working with Ziggler all along, because Ziggler was right. Everytime she was with Cena she wanted it to be Ziggler and this betrayl was her way to get with Ziggler. It would fit AJ's crazy character. Hey the story already sucked so why not?
    Well they already have Eve as heel, having their two top divas play heel doesn't make much sense to me.

Also that was quite an ovation for Ryback at the end.

Eve's not even doing anything right now. Is she still in a feud with Kaitlyn? Instead of turning Tamina into this heel diva they should have sent her after Eve to fight for the belt. Her or Natalya could enter a feud with her. I just want AJ as a heel for the sake of playing off her crazy character. Plus Dolph Ziggler stealing John Cena's girl would make for a somewhat interesting story, even if we've seen it before with different characters like Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy or Christian/Trish/Jericho at least it makes for a good story.

Looks like Punk is out on injury now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Looks like Punk is out on injury now.

Last edited by flamebeam; 8th December 2012 at 4:43 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

John Cena should compete for the divas belt.

That'll make thing interesting.

He should have kept the cancer gear since it would match with the title.

So CM Punk is injured and now Ryback will join Daniel Bryan and Kane to battle The Shield? If nothing else at least this way Ryback won't have to job to Punk a third time. You're trying to book Ryback as this unstoppable force, WWE. So actually book him that way. Ryback can still be huge if pushed right. Though I'm not a huge Ryback fan. I'm overall indifferent to him because of how WWE has handled him.

I really wish we didn't have PPVs this close together so we can have bigger payoffs. I mean this would be a great match after like 4/5 weeks of the Shield going back and forth on attacking Team Hell No and Ryback and them trying to get some revenge. Then it's all more meaningful. I don't mind having this match, but it's too soon in my opinion for it to really mean a whole lot. I really wish WWE would cut like 3-4 PPVs that don't really matter/sell from the line up. Drop HIAC and Over the Limit at least, and probably Extreme Rules/No Way Out for the third so there is more build throughout the year.

Shield vs the guys they beat up has potential to be mean something to getting the Shield over and the Faces to save face you know? But, this just feels like a regular old match to me just because I don't feel the build up of them really having a match right now.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I really wish we didn't have PPVs this close together so we can have bigger payoffs. I mean this would be a great match after like 4/5 weeks of the Shield going back and forth on attacking Team Hell No and Ryback and them trying to get some revenge. Then it's all more meaningful. I don't mind having this match, but it's too soon in my opinion for it to really mean a whole lot. I really wish WWE would cut like 3-4 PPVs that don't really matter/sell from the line up. Drop HIAC and Over the Limit at least, and probably Extreme Rules/No Way Out for the third so there is more build throughout the year.

Shield vs the guys they beat up has potential to be mean something to getting the Shield over and the Faces to save face you know? But, this just feels like a regular old match to me just because I don't feel the build up of them really having a match right now.
    im not sure if i agree. the ppv is in a week, which gives hell no, orton, and shield more time to build up this match. add that with the fact that the shield has attacked hell no 3 times in 2 weeks (idk how many times they've attacked orton), then i think it could be enough. the writers probably thought the same thing you're saying, so that's probably why the rivalry has also been featuring in smackdown

Credit to Brutaka

So CM Punk is injured and now Ryback will join Daniel Bryan and Kane to battle The Shield? If nothing else at least this way Ryback won't have to job to Punk a third time. You're trying to book Ryback as this unstoppable force, WWE. So actually book him that way. Ryback can still be huge if pushed right. Though I'm not a huge Ryback fan. I'm overall indifferent to him because of how WWE has handled him.
    I think Ryback's booking is as good as it can be, considering the circumstances. The problem with being "unstoppable", is that a guy can only be booked that way for so long. Sooner or later, he's going to have to lose. At least with the way WWE has booked him, it's kept him looking strong despite the losses. If Ryback isn't good enough to take a couple protected losses to the WWE Champion and retain his heat, then there's a problem with him that goes way beyond how the company has handled him. Luckily, he seems to be doing fine.

I don't think the number of PPVs is the problem. It's the type of them. A few years back you had brand versions and such. Also ones like Judgment Day and such. There's too many match type PPV nw. Hell in a Cell, TLC, etc. The only match type ppvs there should are the the big four. It's ruins the rarity of the match having them every year.

I think there's too many. Hell in a cell, Over the limit and others should just go.

Your kidding right? he spent weeks undefeated and still hasn't lost clean, not to mention all the booking to make him look strong over Punk and pretty much everyone else, That's hardly jobbing. they are probably just keeping the strap off him so that Punk can fight Rock at the Rumble.

Yeah I know they are keeping the belt off him for Punk vs Rock. It makes me wonder if that match was already announced so far in advanced would they have put the belt on Ryback? Even if Ryback's loss were all due to outside help he still has been defeated and while that doesn't actually hurt the push it only hurt that undefeated look he had going for him, but like it was said they were going to have to make him lose at some point. I still would have liked for Ryback to beat a few big names at PPV before hunting for Punk but that's just me. I wonder when they will put the belt on him? I mean to be honest Ryback ending Punk's long title reign could have really boosted his character even more, especially if he still had his undefeated streak going. That would have been huge.

Even if they weren't going for Punk vs. Rock at the Royal Rumble, I still don't think they would have put the belt on Ryback. The reason being that he JUST blew up. He's doing well now, but there's no way to tell if he can sustain his momentum outside a main event level feud against the champion. He's only just started working matches that aren't squashes and go over five minutes, and the only two people he's worked them against are CM Punk and John Cena. You want to see if Ryback can take losses, if he can get fans invested in whatever he does no matter what he's doing, if he can work main event matches, if he can make money, before you give him the title and put him at the top. You want to see if you can gets fan invested in his chase before you jump the gun and hotshot him.

I think the Shield feud will be a good chance to see if Ryback can make it at the top, because we'll see how he operates against guys who aren't the WWE Champion, and we'll see if he can get new guys over. If he can do well in both areas, then Ryback has a good future.

Well I said it was to soon for Ryback to be in the title scene, but if they gave him more PPV's and more storylines and rivalries with big name guys before Punk they could have possibly put the belt on him in 2013. They are going to put the belt on him at some point it's just a matter of when they feel ready to. But I guess he's fine where he is at the moment. He's still pretty over with the crowd so thats good.

Sheamus still struggles a bit on the mic. and Miz did better this time. Like I said he can be good if he has something to work with. Cody must of thought he could outdo striker... his look reminded me of younger much worse JK Simmons from Spiderman.

AJ vs Vickie... figures it would have a screwball finish. All i can say is AJ looked better on NXT in the ring, other than the slaps she can't seem to land a convincing strike. Wonder how long until they give her an actual match.

Shield interrupting the main event was pretty predictable. I guess that's better than Big Slow vs Cena for another ten minutes.

Hmmm, RUMORS are that WWE is interested in bringing back some high-mid card talent to "spice things up", and shelton+MVP's names were mentioned.

While the me last year and the 4 years before that would have been exploding like a rocket after hearing that(shelton's my favorite wrestler), let's face it, in today's WWE it would just be a waste. And if they left WWE before for not getting used, nothing will be different now.

If this is their plan though, I wouldn't mind Carlito and morrison brought back as well. Carlito could feud with epico for rights to tag with primo or something, and morrison is useful in any scenario.
    ----------------------------------

Page 192 of 299 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast