Page 201 of 288 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 7182

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I have always been a fan of WWE since I started watching it from 2007. It's sad to see WWE crumble to this sorry excuse of a show as it is now, especially compared to what it was like about 10 years ago. So many awesome superstars aren't around anymore, and while their age can't be blamed, I can't really see any new superstar filling in their shoes.

The most recent WWE show I watched was Royal Rumble, and truth to be told, I enjoyed it a lot, perhaps more so than any other WWE events I have watched in the last year.
    IMO this year's Royal Rumble was better than last year's Wrestlemania. While it is a shame, it does mean that 2013 holds the potential for WWE to regain their former glory.

I think I wasn't in a good mood last night because I didn't enjoy RAW that much last night, but lots of good stuff happened. Jack Swagger finally being taken seriously, Mark Henry is back to dominating. I had no idea he beat Randy Orton on the last Smackdown, wow. Orton hasn't been a big deal in a long time so at least he's putting guys like Barret and Mark over. The CM Punk and Heyman thing was...interesting. We have all the wrestlers on the Smackdown brand for the chamber. I'm actually glad Ziggler isn't one of them. Makes little sense to have him in the chamber, when he can cash in on the winner. Coward heel method, yeah, but it's not like a heel was going to actually wrestle with Mitb. I'll be glad to see that briefcase gone. The Rock's ending segment was like Punk and Heyman's opening one...interesting. The main thing I liked of the night was Da Funkasaurus and Tensai as a team. We need more weird tag teams that just go out there to have fun and it looks strange yet entertaining. Push Tensai and Da Funkasaurus as a Tag Team. Not like many are left.

To be honest I want the chamber over and done with so we can get to Wrestlemania. A match I hope we get is Miz vs Antonio Cesaro. I know I was bored with Cesaro when he first became US champ, but he has really grown on me. I like what WWE is doing with him now. Miz vs Cesaro is a match I'm looking forward to.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Pie! View Post
    I have always been a fan of WWE since I started watching it from 2007. It's sad to see WWE crumble to this sorry excuse of a show as it is now, especially compared to what it was like about 10 years ago. So many awesome superstars aren't around anymore, and while their age can't be blamed, I can't really see any new superstar filling in their shoes.

The most recent WWE show I watched was Royal Rumble, and truth to be told, I enjoyed it a lot, perhaps more so than any other WWE events I have watched in the last year.
    IMO this year's Royal Rumble was better than last year's Wrestlemania. While it is a shame, it does mean that 2013 holds the potential for WWE to regain their former glory.
    The thing you have to realize is that WWE isn't aimed at you anymore, its aimed strictly towards kids, with just enough edginess to try and keep people like us along. It's just like how most people in their 20's who grew up with pokemon feel, they think it's changed, but truth be told its only kept its demographic(or change its demographic in this case).

It might not be what we want it to be, but WWE is very stable right now.

Anyways, onto Raw. I thought it was pretty watchable. Favorite part of course is Zeb Coulter. I really hope the minimal reaction doesn't discourage WWE from continuing his and swagger's characters. The big problem is its almost kind of a face promo, he really just said they loved america.

I really hope they have Zeb starting saying "MERICA", I think that could get over big time.
    ----------------------------------

I will admit that the Zeb Coulter promo was the thing I loved about last night next to Mark Henry World's Strongest Slamming Hornswoggle and the crowd chanting for one more. I mean it's edgy and shows how much a manager can help a guy that can't carry himself on the mic that well for one reason or another. Plus it adds another dimension to a character, it reminds me somewhat JBL circa Eddie-feud. However, Zeb Coulter/Dutch came off as a face while walking the line. That is what made the promo, it's like what Punk's promos are like. There is no lie in his words, it is the truth and we can't argue it when it's true. It's that dimension that a heel is using the truth to make a point to make people hate him more because we know he's right and want to see more comeuppence later on when he does something to cross the line. As much as I know that WWE loves to curve possibilities, I really hope they don't mess this up, as this could get Swagger back right up there in the midcard.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    The thing you have to realize is that WWE isn't aimed at you anymore, its aimed strictly towards kids, with just enough edginess to try and keep people like us along. It's just like how most people in their 20's who grew up with pokemon feel, they think it's changed, but truth be told its only kept its demographic(or change its demographic in this case).
    Except Pokemon has always been aimed at kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    which is kinda ironic since it's the older people who dominate the competitive world of pokemon. but raiga does make a good point about the child audience being targeted while other generations are much less considered, and people who rant about wwe not being what it was 10 years ago is just a waste of time. it's been said millions of times in this thread that wwe isn't gonna change a system that's making them successful. if only every attitude fan could comprehend this concept

but the thing i really like about raiga's analogy is that every generation of pokemon fans divides between classic and new. the oldest fans hold kanto to a pedestal and dismiss the others. the next generation (i guess mine) grew up with johto, so the first 2 regions are classic Pokemon and the others are new. now i see users in sppf talk about how they grew up loving infernape and D/P was their first game. and most people hate unova, but there will be people in the future who love and grew up with that region. and us older people say “pokemon was better in the ‘old days'", which could mean kanto, johto, hoenn, and even sinnoh for 12-year-olds. but nothing has changed about the show. obviously it's the maturation process we go through in life; you know, growing up? Pokemon and wwe have been around for a long time and they continue to remain strong by targeting the child audience, even though the individuals of that audience change with each passing generation
    Last edited by flamebeam; 14th February 2013 at 9:50 AM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Which is why I added on "(or change in its demographic in this case)" onto it. However that doesn't even really matter in my analogy. The point I was making is that people feel like they've had something "stolen" from them, when its simply their tastes that have changed.

Not that I think there aren't a bunch of things within PG realm WWE could be doing, but its besides the point.
    ----------------------------------

I haven't kept up with wwe in like 6 months but why wasn't there a EC match for RAW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I haven't kept up with wwe in like 6 months but why wasn't there a EC match for RAW?
    I assume the Smackdown Chamber match setup the World Title match for Wrestlemania. Since the WWE Title is already set cause of the Rumble win they didn't need one for Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I assume the Smackdown Chamber match setup the World Title match for Wrestlemania. Since the WWE Title is already set cause of the Rumble win they didn't need one for Raw.
    The Shield Vs Cena, Ryback and Sheamus should have been Raw's chamber.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Swagger vs Del Rio at WM...zzzzzzzzzzz
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Honestly, I'm somewhat happy that the The Shield vs. Team Super Justice Friends of America + Ireland wasn't in the chamber. All through the match, they showcased the moves of the shield, and how great they worked as a stable + that sheamus getting speared spot was pretty good. Overall the whole match was a success that didn't need the gimmick, although we wanted to see it.

I know that Swags winning the EC for SD is a let down and we get ADR vs. Swags at Mania...but I think in the long run, if handled right, WWE just made several feuds over the summer for the WHC. Ziggler can cash in at mania and win the title. He has a history with Swags, Swags cost Orton a title match at mania. ADR will be wanting his world title back. Henry is a destructive beast lurking in the wings now. And Jericho is the same for however long he stays. Not looking forward to Swags v. Del Rio except if they give it time, it'll be a technical match possibly as both can wrestle a good match. With how Del Rio is getting more and more chants, maybe if hyped right Swags gets that heel heat he needs. All I'm saying is if capitalized, WWE has got them 4 contenders for the WHC for most of the summer maybe to SummerSlam.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Another painfully predictable pay per view other than the shield winning.

and really nobody thinks Swagger vs Del Rio could be good? lol. If you want to complain about a mania match complain about twice in a lifetime where for only 55 bucks you can watch stale Cena in the main event defeat the Rock, and win the WWE championship. What a value.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 18th February 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Swagger/Del Rio would be okay for something like Money In The Bank, or Over The Limit, but most definitely not for WM.

TBH I stopped watching the EC after Kaitlyn's match because either that match or the Ziggler match was the best part to stop if you're a wrestling fan. (Still at least The Rock/John Cena will be the greatest Bathroom or Snack Break in WM History, I mean seeing 2 waste of spaces failing to wrestle the first time was brilliant but now an encore which nobody asked for? ****in' A man, just ****in' A.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

" It wuznt his fault it wuz that stupid Ryubeck N Shutmus".

"Cena is best.. #Ryback u suck"

"Fire Shymus and Riback cause they let Cena down N he is the best and beat Rock come Mania"

Gotta love Cena fans.

Love it or hate it we're getting Rock/Cena 2, and regardless the crowds are going to be very vocal and active in the match. Cena is going to get his dual chants, and all the older fans are going to be cheering Rocky all the way. Honestly, I don't care, but I'm still going to watch it probs at a restaurant where I can pay a small portion to watch while I eat and stuff and watch with others around me. Hopefully WM will have a great undercard to make up for this. Swags/Del Rio can be a good match with the power to capitalize on Del Rio's budding cheers, and if they play him right get Swagger the heat he needs before Mania to change our minds on how good this match can be. I'm just annoyed with how some guys are getting lost in the shuffle that shouldn't be. Kofi has become upper midcard/ME style jobber again, no focus has been put on Barrett who holds the IC title, and Rhodes/Sandow jobbed last night and probably won't have anything meaningful leading up to Mania (I hope I'm wrong and Mr. Sandow forgives me on this one). Sure the heels can gain heat easily back, but it's kind of hard when Barrett is losing to a rookie upstart, and Rhodes Scholar lost to a comical tag team.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    I mean seeing 2 waste of spaces failing to wrestle the first time was brilliant but now an encore which nobody asked for? ****in' A man, just ****in' A.
    Well let's see we have an out of shape part time Rock making probably his last in ring appearance of the year against one of the stalest characters on the roster who is rarely allowed to look weak and has already won the belt almost a dozen times.

I'm honestly amazed people actually want to spend 55 dollars to see this.

"Fire Shymus and Riback cause they let Cena down N he is the best and beat Rock come Mania"

Gotta love Cena fans.
    They do make it really hard to believe he actually has fans over the age of 12.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Gotta love Cena fans.
    y u peeplez make fun of cena fans?!?1one? u all suck!$ cena iz best bettur dan ribak N shamis N rock iz stoopid cena beet rock @ resolmania N i say more meen thingz butt my mom haz 2 uze computah so u lucky!

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I love how everyone was stone silent when Cena announced the two WM champion matches.

Did anyone see RAW? The Rock just revealed a new WWE championship belt...yay! It looks good and will look awesome when John Cena wins it...I mean...no that's what is going to happen. With how RAW was setup this night I'll be surprised if CM Punk isn't added to the title picture. That way he can be the jobber instead of Rock, which is the role I see him playing if he does get it.

To be honest this year I'm more interested in the World Title this time because I'm impressed with how WWE is handling Jack Swagger's return, new look and his real American gimmick. I've never been a huge Jack Swagger fan, but WWE has got me interested in a feud between him and ADR. Speaking of which ADR beats Dolph Ziggler tonight. I don't know when Ziggler will cash in Mitb but he's been jobbing day in and day out regardless. What's the point of AJ and Big E. there if they don't help him win? I did enjoy Big E. chasing Ricardo though.

Mark Henry destroyed Sin Cara and then mocked the Great Khali. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the Miz vs Cesaro. I don't know if I have said this before but I am enjoying Cesaro a lot more now then I did before. I like him and hope he has a good feud with the Miz. It's a good mid card feud for them. Wade Barret is apparently in a movie that he showed a trailer for. I must have blinked and missed it because I didn't see him in it. Oh well.

I expect Kane and Daniel Bryan to quit being a tag team when they lose the belts which is probably going to happen at mania. Team Friendship was fun while it lasted but the Tag Team division seems to be going back to square one again. Still don't care about the Shield, but it's impressive they beat Super Cena and the Justice League. Shield beats the League, Hah!

So I guess I am looking forward to Wrestlemania. But the feud I'm most interested in right now is Jack Swagger. Wow!

Edit: Almost forgot. R-Truth returned when Damien Sandow was beating up Kofi. I hope they do something with them like a Kofi and R-Truth team up vs the Rhodes Scholars. And Damien Sandow is still amazing on the mike. I hope he wins a belt soon.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 19th February 2013 at 5:15 AM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

So, noone thinks Punk is going to win next Monday? Hmph.. I figured they'd tease us with Rock/Cena 2 and instead give us Punk/Rock 3. I want the title match to be Triple Threat for once. I mean, these three all hate eachother, so why not?

Anyway, I think the only way Ziggy is going to cash in MITB is if the champion is facedown on the mat at WM, which may or may not be caused by Show, Henry, or Orton.

I don't know, the Tag Team titles are probably going back to Truth and Kofi, I mean, that's the only reason I can see Truth returning to Kofi's aid today.

Cesaro might be U.S. champion forever, because if they won't let the Miz beat him, who else is going to?(Other than the contenders for World titles).

I kind of feel like the IC title and the US title are becoming more and more irrelevant each PPV, I mean, the Diva's championship was better than the US Title match. That's sad.

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

FINALLY... The treatment of the spinner belt last night was priceless and long overdue. The kids screaming in horror when Cena got laid out with that POS by Punk was hilarious as well. I suppose there's still hope for the WM main event.

Other than that the only other segments I really liked were the State of the Union address and Mark Henry inducting Sin Botcha into the Hall of Pain. But having him retreat because of Khali was lame.

FINALLY... The treatment of the spinner belt last night was priceless and long overdue. The kids screaming in horror when Cena got laid out with that POS by Punk was hilarious as well. I suppose there's still hope for the WM main event.

Other than that the only other segments I really liked were the State of the Union address and Mark Henry inducting Sin Botcha into the Hall of Pain. But having him retreat because of Khali was lame.
    Mark Henry didn't retreat. He just left. He knows he doesn't have to waste time on Khali. Henry knows he's better than that.

And Shield win tonight! Solid!

Page 201 of 288 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast