Page 209 of 299 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 7454

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to believe Cena got divorced because he lost to the Rock. Not to change the subject but I saw bits of the Shield feud with Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus last night. It got me thinking, they could be playing off Big Show back stabbing the team at mania, but what would be a real twist is if Orton or Sheamus turn heel and cost the match. Like if say, Orton didn't trust Big Show but it's really Sheamus who does a heel turn or the other way around with Orton going heel. I just thought, that kind of element could help this feud stay fresh and interesting. But that is just me.
    I was thinking that as well, though if they do this I'd hope they choose Orton to turn heel. Even in today's cruddy watered down character world, Orton would be so much better as a heel and constantly says he wants to be one.

Sheamus turning heel would get old real quick....not like face sheamus is anything to die for either though.
    ----------------------------------

The storyline isn't based off of all the bad things happening because he lost to the rock. It's based off the fact that he was so obsessed with losing, that he took his focus off everything else.

Also, the shield vs sheamus/orton/show feud just screams "NXT overhaul" to me. In my view, this match will end via dq when a group of nxt superstars (leo kruger, wyatt family, etc.) all mob sheamus/orton/show in the middle of the ring.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post

Also, the shield vs sheamus/orton/show feud just screams "NXT overhaul" to me. In my view, this match will end via dq when a group of nxt superstars (leo kruger, wyatt family, etc.) all mob sheamus/orton/show in the middle of the ring.
    I'd prefer it if Randy just go heel midway and RKO's Show/Sheamus and causes The Shield to win at Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by REL720 View Post
    I'd prefer it if Randy just go heel midway and RKO's Show/Sheamus and causes The Shield to win at Mania.
    If elimination chamber happened AFTER wrestlemania then I'd strongly agree with that. But with elimination chamber being last month, they don't really need an overabundance of heels (especially considering the fact that they already have no less than 13 people in the whc/wwe championship hunt (cm punk, sheamus, orton, big show, jack swagger, alberto del rio**, dolph ziggler*, big e langston, the rock**, john cena, ryback, mark henry).

(Two stars designates current whc/wwe champion, one star designates an added bonus which would propel them to the main title picture)
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to believe Cena got divorced because he lost to the Rock. Not to change the subject but I saw bits of the Shield feud with Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus last night. It got me thinking, they could be playing off Big Show back stabbing the team at mania, but what would be a real twist is if Orton or Sheamus turn heel and cost the match. Like if say, Orton didn't trust Big Show but it's really Sheamus who does a heel turn or the other way around with Orton going heel. I just thought, that kind of element could help this feud stay fresh and interesting. But that is just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I was thinking that as well, though if they do this I'd hope they choose Orton to turn heel. Even in today's cruddy watered down character world, Orton would be so much better as a heel and constantly says he wants to be one.

Sheamus turning heel would get old real quick....not like face sheamus is anything to die for either though.
    is it weird that I was thinking the same thing? when that new (attractive) girl interviewed the 3 of them on Smackdown, it seems like WWE is hinting a lack of cooperation at Wrestlemania. immediately, I thought of a heel turn by Randy. he was really good at it before, and they can't punish him forever

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    is it weird that I was thinking the same thing? when that new (attractive) girl interviewed the 3 of them on Smackdown, it seems like WWE is hinting a lack of cooperation at Wrestlemania. immediately, I thought of a heel turn by Randy. he was really good at it before, and they can't punish him forever
    My only hope is that if they turn him heel, they give him a completely new persona, but with all the previous credentials attached. Like when Christian turned heel in his feud with randy, christian became a crybaby, but the change in character made sense and the crowd knew he could go in the ring.

Maybe new entrance music too, which seems stupid at first given that he has one of the best themes ever, but if Randy himself picked out this one, I'm sure he could find another great track.

My only hope is that if they turn him heel, they give him a completely new persona, but with all the previous credentials attached. Like when Christian turned heel in his feud with randy, christian became a crybaby, but the change in character made sense and the crowd knew he could go in the ring.

Maybe new entrance music too, which seems stupid at first given that he has one of the best themes ever, but if Randy himself picked out this one, I'm sure he could find another great track.
    Meh, if randy turned heel then I'd want to see him do it versus a legend (possibly ric flair) and revive the "legend killer" personae. Hell, if miz continues his path it'd be perfect.

Meh, if randy turned heel then I'd want to see him do it versus a legend (possibly ric flair) and revive the "legend killer" personae. Hell, if miz continues his path it'd be perfect.
    I never understood why anyone would want a rehash of an old gimmick as opposed to a new one, especially in today's staler than stale market. In addition, the reason why the legend killer gimmick was cool was because he was a young rookie upstart taking out veterans of the game.....that's not exactly the case anymore.

I never understood why anyone would want a rehash of an old gimmick as opposed to a new one, especially in today's staler than stale market. In addition, the reason why the legend killer gimmick was cool was because he was a young rookie upstart taking out veterans of the game.....that's not exactly the case anymore.
    (Insert rock vs cena and hhh vs lesnar joke here). Anywho, when randy orton was the "legend killer" he easily went from being an unknown superstar to a titan/number one contender. When he turned face, he was already so "over" in the business that anybody he faced seemed incredibly weak in comparison. To have him turn heel while still "retaining" some ground, they'll either need to make him go full circle, and/or get him into a personal rivalry with a major face (ie: someone in the "main title" picture).

Well Orton as a face, in my opinion, has made him rather bland. A heel turn would be quite refreshing and he could certainly feud with Sheamus before going for the Heavy Weight Title. I just believe he works better as heel than he does as a face.

Well, after seeing the first hour of raw, I can honestly see cena turning heel at wrestlemania (he's started to show heel-like attributes, namely "cocky-ness". Oh, and with paul heyman winning the war of the words (for lesnar), I can't see triple-h losing.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'll be buying 'Mania, but since it's that time of year, I might as well ask this again. Anyone have a Top 5 list of WrestleManias? Matches? Build-ups? Undertaker's Streak matches? Moments? These are the kinds of things that usually get people in the mood to see the show. They don't have to be the best, just the ones you enjoy coming back to the most. Mine are (in no particular order):

WrestleManias pay-per-views:

Spoiler:- PPVs:

Individual WrestleMania matches:

Spoiler:- Matches:

WrestleMania build-ups:

Spoiler:- Build-Ups:

Undertaker's Streak matches:

Spoiler:- Streak:

Moments:

Spoiler:- Moments:

Well, after seeing the first hour of raw, I can honestly see cena turning heel at wrestlemania (he's started to show heel-like attributes, namely "cocky-ness".
    He did the exact same thing last year, from channeling Austin pre-WM17 ("I need to beat you") to showing arrogance before the match ("I rise above... and I win), as well as during it (attempting the People's Elbow), and he still never turned. Anytime WWE teases Cena going heel, it's a huge sign that it's not going to happen.

I believe that if Cena ever turns, it's going to be a complete surprise with no obvious buildup to it.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 2nd April 2013 at 2:08 PM.

The wrestlemania 25 Money in the Bank match is my only answer to that question. I could watch that match 50 times a day and not get tired of it.

The only fault it had was that Punk won it, and my problem with that was that he did drastically fewer spots then anybody else. Obviously it was to protect him, but still.

This will be better than any match this mania. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsymUkFv6g

I'm just gonna post my picks and thoughts for all the matches that will be taking place at Wrestlemania this year. I am crossing my fingers we will see the Money In The Bank Ladder match as well but who knows.

John Cena vs. the Rock for the WWE Championship
    John Cena will defeat the Rock for the WWE title. Needless to say this is very obvious. I am not trying to hate on John Cena, but it's pretty obvious he will defeat the Rock. WWE had him win a Royal Rumble, and not only that he is coming off one of his most disappointing years.

That, or maybe WWE will pull a total fast one on us, and let the Rock win therefore this would lead to a Cena heel turn? I know, I know...This will not happen..But yes. I think John Cena will win and after the match the Rock will shake Johns hand and the torch will be passed to Cena.

Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio for the Heavyweight Championship
    This match could go either way. Will Dolph Ziggler make a attempt to cash in his money in the bank briefcase? If he doesn't at Wrestlemania he most likely will soon. Hopefully when he does cash in and get the title, he will actually have a lengthy title reign unlike his first reign as champion. I think Swagger is gonna win it. I could also see Swagger winning it, then Dolph cashes in on him. Who knows how this may go I just hope the match lasts over 18 seconds....

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar No Holds Barred
    I am actually pretty excited for this match. I know the Summerslam match between the two was "meh" to most people but, I have a feeling this match will be a good one. I think Triple H will win and even if Triple H loses he isn't going anywhere...If Triple H wins, or Brock Lesnar wins it will be interesting to see what happens next. Will the WWE creative team end the feud for good? Or will they keep on feuding?

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston for the WWE Tag Team Titles
    Honestly, I think Kane and Daniel Bryan will drop the Tag Team belts. During there match with Ziggler and Langston one of them will cost the other. Therefore this will lead to both of them breaking up there tag team, and before you know it this will lead to a singles match between Kane and Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules which is the next Pay-Per-View after Wrestlemania. If Ziggler and Big E are to win the belts it will be interesting to see how long there title reign will last. It will also be very interesting to if Ziggler cashes in for the World Heavyweight Title that night as well.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Honestly this match will be Rybacks Wrestlemania moment. Mark Henry is the world strongest man (thats been Mark Henrys gimmick for a while.) Ryback will shellshock Mark Henry to end the match. I think this match will last a very good amount of time and the crowd will go nuts when Ryback hits the Shellshock on the worlds strongest man.

The Shield vs. Randy Orton/Sheamus/Big Show
    This could go either way as well. WWE could keep the momentum the Shield has going, or they could let Orton/Sheamus/Big Show win and kill the Shields momentum. I know the Shield staying as a group won't last forever. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins have bright futures. I have been impressed so far with all three members of the Shield. They have put on good matches so far. All in all, I think WWE isn't quite ready to end the Shield yet. I think the Shield will prevail at Wrestlemania in what will be a excellent tag team match.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
    It's been a while since Chris Jericho has won a Wrestlemania match. I am a Jerichoholic and I would love to see him win, but Chris will probably put Fandango over. Chris has been putting a lot of younger superstars over for a while I honestly don't see anything changing here.

Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    Personally I could careless for this match, but I am gonna venture to say Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls win.

Undertaker vs. Cm Punk
    I am extremely excited for this match. I know there have been reports of Undertaker hurting these days but he still has it in my opinion. Cm Punk is a very good in-ring worker. I have honestly been impressed with all of Undertakers Wrestlemania matches. Undertaker is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time so every year I look forward to his Wrestlemania matches. Sadly, eventually he will have to retire for good, but for now im gonna enjoy him being in the ring. I have a feeling this match will be one to remember. I think Cm Punk will do all he can do to end the streak but he will still lose. He could try the Hells Gate Submission Technique, Tomb Stone Pile Driver, he could hit the Undertaker with one of Undertakers urns if a urn is available. The Shield could even get involved, but I honestly think Undertaker will win. He will be 21-0 at Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 3rd April 2013 at 10:24 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

just a couple of statements in reply to ^that post:

•Rock vs. Cena: if Cena wins, I doubt The Rock will “pass the torch". after all, he's scheduled to appear on RAW the next day (which I'm going to )
    •Undertaker vs. CM Punk: this match COULD'VE been the best, but now I doubt it would be, because according to spoilers, this match will be     Spoiler:
    minutes long. I was bummed when I found that out; CM Punk being overlooked as usual

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    just a couple of statements in reply to ^that post:

•Rock vs. Cena: if Cena wins, I doubt The Rock will “pass the torch". after all, he's scheduled to appear on RAW the next day (which I'm going to )
    •Undertaker vs. CM Punk: this match COULD'VE been the best, but now I doubt it would be, because according to spoilers, this match will be     Spoiler:
    minutes long. I was bummed when I found that out; CM Punk being overlooked as usual
    If thats true about Undertakers and Cm Punks match thats very disappointing. On another note though, have fun at Raw!

I have never been to a WWE Raw or Smackdown before. One of these days I wanna go to a live Raw event.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 4th April 2013 at 4:38 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Rock vs Cena at this point, I would not be surprised if it ends like last years. Undertaker beat Triple H and Shawn Micheals back to back. I know there is a slight difference in that but still. Taker will beat Punk, Punk has no chance of actually winning this feud but I'm sure he'll put on a great show. I also think Jericho will put over Fandango, he really does put over a lot of young guys. Jack Swagger vs ADR I cannot figure out who will win. It could be anyone's game. I will say this, if Jack Swagger does win then I hope they build him up as a unstoppable heel for awhile even as far as going to feud with Cena and the WWE belt for awhile. That is if he stays clean off drugs.

It would be really shocking if Jack Swagger won the World belt then feuds with Cena and or Rock at Extreme Rules and gets the WWE belt as well, right after Wrestlemania. It won't happen but what better way to really repackage yourself.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Don't take online reports too seriously. Also it defeats the purpose of spoilers if you're just going to re-post what he said... Regardless of length it will probably be the best match at the event.

Honestly I just want it over with already because I'm sick of The Rock hijacking the belt just so he can drop it to Cena. (ironic how he never wears his own custom belt) Not to mention Dolph Ziggler's stale clan and the horribly phoned-in Triple H/Lesnar feud, just to name a few.

Those boring chants during Cena's retread session were well earned.

I actually had an interesting thought earlier: what if ziggler decided to bail on big e langston during the tag-title match? If that happened, big e could easily turn face and we could get a potential "4-person rivalry" involving face del rio, face big e, heel swagger, and heel champion ziggler.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Don't take online reports too seriously. Also it defeats the purpose of spoilers if you're just going to re-post what he said... Regardless of length it will probably be the best match at the event.

Honestly I just want it over with already because I'm sick of The Rock hijacking the belt just so he can drop it to Cena. (ironic how he never wears his own custom belt) Not to mention Dolph Ziggler's stale clan and the horribly phoned-in Triple H/Lesnar feud, just to name a few.

Those boring chants during Cena's retread session were well earned.
    I know this...It's just a online report. The WWE creative team change there plans up constantly. Anything could happen.

Yeah, I didn't mean to repost that spoiler. If none of it is true it's not really a spoiler in my eyes. I have to agree with you I think there match is gonna be a good one regardless. Undertaker and Cm Punk are great in-ring workers.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam
    •Undertaker vs. CM Punk: this match COULD'VE been the best, but now I doubt it would be, because according to spoilers, this match will be
    The high expectations for Undertaker vs. Punk (not just you, but the general attitude I've seen towards the match, personally) surprise me. If the past few matches between the two are anything to go by, then they don't exactly have the greatest chemistry in the ring. And if they're not, then we're dealing with two people who don't have a lot of experience in the ring together, and one of them hasn't wrestled a non "No DQ"-type match since... 2010. I won't be surprised if it's a good match, but I'm not expecting it to go anything beyond that.

I certainly wouldn't expect it to top either Rock/Cena or HHH/Brock. Rock and Cena put on a great main event last year, and that was despite Rock being eight years out-of-practice. Now they're more familiar with each other in the ring, and Rock's wrestled recently, so I expect an even better match out of the two. HHH vs. Brock at SummerSlam was a match I didn't really enjoy, but it's a personal No Holds Barred match, a match type that HHH particularly excels at, and is extremely hard to screw up.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 4th April 2013 at 1:48 PM.

This year's mania is rather predictable but what I'm really hoping for, even though it's not going to happen, is Cena going heel. These past two weeks Cena has been showing somewhat of a heel like behavior, almost as if the WWE is teasing a heel turn. Though I want him to go heel by the end of the night, by perhaps cheating, I know it probably won't happen. Cena is the top baby face after all.

As for the WHC match, I don't see Swagger winning mostly because of the DUI arrest in February. I expect him to be punished in someway after Mania, not pushed. But if he does win I can see Dolph cashing it in and really stealing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by REL720 View Post
    This year's mania is rather predictable but what I'm really hoping for, even though it's not going to happen, is Cena going heel. These past two weeks Cena has been showing somewhat of a heel like behavior, almost as if the WWE is teasing a heel turn. Though I want him to go heel by the end of the night, by perhaps cheating, I know it probably won't happen. Cena is the top baby face after all.

As for the WHC match, I don't see Swagger winning mostly because of the DUI arrest in February. I expect him to be punished in someway after Mania, not pushed. But if he does win I can see Dolph cashing it in and really stealing the show.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that dui. I'm surprised that del rio didn't use that against swagger in the build up to wrestlemania. "You say you support america, yet you can't obey it's laws. You don't deserve to be an american, or the world heavyweight champeeon".

Originally Posted by Charizardfan
    The high expectations for Undertaker vs. Punk (not just you, but the general attitude I've seen towards the match, personally) surprise me. If the past few matches between the two are anything to go by, then they don't exactly have the greatest chemistry in the ring. And if they're not, then we're dealing with two people who don't have a lot of experience in the ring together, and one of them hasn't wrestled a non "No DQ"-type match since... 2010. I won't be surprised if it's a good match, but I'm not expecting it to go anything beyond that.
    Something similar could be said of Undertaker/Edge. Before their WM match several years back, they only wrestled each other only about 3 or so times, and it wasn't the best chemistry either, it was certainly better than Punk/Taker from 2009, yet when they got in that ring at WM they had probably one of Undertaker's best matches on the grandest stage of them all. I'm pretty sure they both know that they need to deliver big on this match, and are working together on how to make it as damn good as it can be. I know their match will be good, and if they truly want to make an ever lasting memory for their match, they are going to deliver for the fans.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Page 209 of 299 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast