Page 216 of 289 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 7217

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'd be fine with Taker showing up every other week. I do kinda want him to get into the WWE title picture and retire as champion like Edge. I'm all for Taker and Kane showing up every week if they enter the tag team "division" again.

Bring some value to the titles, y'know?
    ...Kane IS one half of champions right now haha. I don't think former world heavyweight champion D-Bry is making the titles look too bad either.
    ----------------------------------

Never mind that nonsense, Regal's appearing in 2 WWE Shows in a row.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Its still far from where it was a few years ago, but at least Smackdown is starting to have things that make you feel like you actually missed something again.

I still wish they had the brand Split, that really helped keep things even. Then again I thought the Bragging Rights PPV was a good idea, and that wasn't exactly received that way by others, so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    ...Kane IS one half of champions right now haha. I don't think former world heavyweight champion D-Bry is making the titles look too bad either.
    Whoops lol. Yeah, I just don't want a random team winning the titles, that's all. Though Kane has a history of teaming with random people (RVD, Show, The Hurricane) so it's cool for him. As longs as it's not Kofi and Tatsu or something like that.

well if they wanted to have the brothers of destruction to have the titles while kane still is 1 half of the champs, then they can pull a hardcore holly like cody did all those years back. Although having that would be pointless, for daniel bryan, kane, and taker. And by hardcore holly, have them defend the titles against taker only for kane to be revealed as taker's partner for those who don't know what I'm talking about.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    well if they wanted to have the brothers of destruction to have the titles while kane still is 1 half of the champs, then they can pull a hardcore holly like cody did all those years back. Although having that would be pointless, for daniel bryan, kane, and taker. And by hardcore holly, have them defend the titles against taker only for kane to be revealed as taker's partner for those who don't know what I'm talking about.
    Wait would that mean that Kane & Undertaker would be the NewLegacyInc? (Ba dum bum tish)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Its still far from where it was a few years ago, but at least Smackdown is starting to have things that make you feel like you actually missed something again.

I still wish they had the brand Split, that really helped keep things even. Then again I thought the Bragging Rights PPV was a good idea, and that wasn't exactly received that way by others, so maybe I'm wrong.
    I miss the brand split. It made both shows feel special. Back in 2002 through 2006, Smackdown was the better show for me. It's sad that Smackdown has truly become the B show. It's not even debatable anymore. Bragging Rights couldn't work now. We have no separate brands XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

WWE could start a "invasion", where the people who only appear on SD! get mad only being on the B show. Then the main eventers get back to their respective brands and keep the story going for a few months with Cena being Raw's captain and Taker being Smackdowns. I could work if the writers got their heads out of their asses.

WWE could start a "invasion", where the people who only appear on SD! get mad only being on the B show. Then the main eventers get back to their respective brands and keep the story going for a few months with Cena being Raw's captain and Taker being Smackdowns. I could work if the writers got their heads out of their asses.
    Replace smackdown with nxt, and me likey!
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

They would probably rather make a storyline out of the commentators having their Domino's pizza stolen than do this.

Also the new title belt has never looked so stupid with Cena wearing it...

the only thing I actually saw was the Make-a-Wish kids. I'm not sure how willing the WWE Universe is to donate money to the foundation, but I liked that the crowd was supportive for the kids. you can hate John Cena, the wrestler, but the man's got heart

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

The make a wish kids were honestly my favorite part of last nights RAW. Like Flamebeam said, you can hate John Cena as a wrestler, but he's a good guy regardless. Best part of RAW for me. The rest of the show made me yawn, other then JBL, Cole, and Lawler talking about losing their pizza's and the audience eating it, that made me chuckle. If I see Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston one more time I will throw a remote control at a TV screen. They've only wrestled each other like 20 times a year each. The show was just boring with hardly any stories to tell. They were hyping a Mark Henry and Sheamus feud, which could be good. They've had matches in the past but not to Ziggler vs Kingston level. Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes was alright, but it just felt there just for these men to get on TV.

I'm amused the Bella's can still get away with "Twin Magic" simply tell one of them to wear a different outfit, if they go to the ring together. One in black the other in red or something, it's really not that hard to defeat Twin Magic, and it's stupid in general. I enjoyed it the first two times they did it, but now it's just dumb. But I'm not hating on the
    Bellas. They're the leading female heels right now, AJ just seems to be in her own thing, be it heel or something else. Speaking of AJ, she needs to win the Divas belt and then have Big E win the US or IC belt so that Team Showoff can have gold. But yeah, RAW made me yawn last night. I hope it picks up next week.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If I see Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston one more time I will throw a remote control at a TV screen.
    I'll take your Ziggler vs. Kofi, and raise you one Team Hell No Vs. The Primetime Players.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The make a wish kids were honestly my favorite part of last nights RAW. Like Flamebeam said, you can hate John Cena as a wrestler, but he's a good guy regardless. Best part of RAW for me. The rest of the show made me yawn, other then JBL, Cole, and Lawler talking about losing their pizza's and the audience eating it, that made me chuckle. If I see Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston one more time I will throw a remote control at a TV screen. They've only wrestled each other like 20 times a year each. The show was just boring with hardly any stories to tell. They were hyping a Mark Henry and Sheamus feud, which could be good. They've had matches in the past but not to Ziggler vs Kingston level. Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes was alright, but it just felt there just for these men to get on TV.

I'm amused the Bella's can still get away with "Twin Magic" simply tell one of them to wear a different outfit, if they go to the ring together. One in black the other in red or something, it's really not that hard to defeat Twin Magic, and it's stupid in general. I enjoyed it the first two times they did it, but now it's just dumb. But I'm not hating on the
    Bellas. They're the leading female heels right now, AJ just seems to be in her own thing, be it heel or something else. Speaking of AJ, she needs to win the Divas belt and then have Big E win the US or IC belt so that Team Showoff can have gold. But yeah, RAW made me yawn last night. I hope it picks up next week.
    "Twin magic" was actually a good concept that worked for a few months. With the bellas being in the wwe for around 6 years now, it just feels like they're beating the same dead horse over and over again.

In other news: the whole "mark henry tug of war" thing seemed pretty boring to me. Yes, he's the "world's strongest man", but to me it would've been more beneficial to have him win a handicap match over 2 people than beat them in a schoolyard contest.

The most "annoying" part of the whole show (for me) was the amount of time spent on advertising. They spent 25mins of showtime advertising make-a-wish and dominos, and the only positive thing was a minor face-boost to cena (as well as a giant ego-stroke to the wwe). Less time advertising/stroking equals more time to promote their talent, and last time I checked, talent tends to draw in the viewers.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D

I'll raise you Ziggler v. Kofi and Team Hell No v. The PTP, and go with Antonio Cesaro jobbing out to either Randy Orton or Alberto del Rio weekly almost.

As well, I thought it weird for a "manager" triple threat last night to allow the winner's wrestler pick the stipulation at extreme rules, but I was hoping that Ricardo could do some aerial offense or something at Big E to show he can do something other than announce if they ever wanna make him wrestler down the line, that could have been fun. But yeah last night was the usual, outside Cena and the make a wish kids.

Also the way the Shield has been booked as well. They've been around the main roster for 6 months now and haven't really been shoved down our throats or anything, and are continuing to look strong. This is how heels or faces really need to be booked. It's the kind of thing they could have used Zack Ryder for over a year ago, so he'd be some minor presence in the midcard before they sent him to his tumble with the Kane/Eve story. Build interest, give them slightly more matches, let them do their thing. Its the formula that works, and works best when you have the proper build up for a wrestler and focus on them.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

but I was hoping that Ricardo could do some aerial offense or something at Big E to show he can do something other than announce if they ever wanna make him wrestler down the line
    This is the same company that has R-Truth Rapping, when his ENTIRE F'ING gimmick is that he's is crazy because of rapping for the crowd not getting him anywhere.

If they want Ricardo to be a wrestler, by god they'll act like he wasn't an announcer for 3 years straight and just change him to one.

In response to the Shield, I agree and disagree at the same time. They are interesting and good in the ring, but they don't even DO their gimmick. Quite honestly every beatdown after about the third one, had NOTHING to do with justice or condemning evil, they just come out and beat faces up. I'd say they are shoved down our throat too, they take a good 2 minutes to get to the ring alone, plus the same old beatdown/powerbomb takes 10 minutes out of every show.

In addition, because of how ridiculous they've been booked, they'll have an effect similar to Goldberg or Ryback, where they completely lose all steam with their first loss. Now granted that may be a good thing given that WWE has found a good way to build Ryback back up, but I'm doubting it'll have the same effect for three separate people with nowhere in the card to be.
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 1st May 2013 at 12:38 AM.

I agree their gimmick makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and all they do is beat up faces, but I like their entrance and everything else... If anything they make for better TV than most of the roster.

As for the Bellas I'm not going to lie, I liked them better when they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    The most "annoying" part of the whole show (for me) was the amount of time spent on advertising. They spent 25mins of showtime advertising make-a-wish and dominos, and the only positive thing was a minor face-boost to cena (as well as a giant ego-stroke to the wwe). Less time advertising/stroking equals more time to promote their talent, and last time I checked, talent tends to draw in the viewers.
    This is always the worst part of the show for me; having to sit through all the stupid "fun facts", shameless plugs by the commentators, pointless tweets from Triple H and the Rock, along with the C-span Twitter bar at the bottom of the screen during matches. and that's not even taking into account all the recaps from last week, commercials and video packages. I didn't watch much of Raw but this has really been a constant issue.

I agree the gimmick doesn't make too much sense at this point. Now if for some reason, say CM Punk is revealed to be the leader (if a leader is revealed soon) and in fact says that they are his "shield of justice" from all the injustice in the WWE. I.E. Supercena being the poster boy still, ryback being the fantasy of vince preferring the bigger built guys over guys who can actually wrestle, and Kane/Taker being the standard of tradition that just won't pass even after all these years, then that would be something I could look forward to. I mean we never did get an answer on that part of the story, and it's still open there.

If that were to be done, I wouldn't mind it if WWE trimmed the fat during the storyline, releasing talents that just aren't doing it in the company except jobbing out so much and don't make for any good tv. Then they can bring up more guys from NXT when they have some long term thing planned for them, where it can be part of Punk's storyline of a "revolution" in WWE that can be used to surge some new talent on screen. Otherwise, it's the same old same old.

I hate the fact that the WWE exploits kids and their conditions in order to promote their cash cow Cena in an attempt to get the world to accept him. I don't buy his saintly ********. There are a lot of people who go out of their way to help sick children and refuse to take advantage of the situation to get themselves over. Cena isn't the only one in the roster who is involved with charities. But the WWE seems to be solely focused on showcasing just his involvement with them.

I'm all down with the make a wish program, but show the work that the other wrestlers put in.

I agree the gimmick doesn't make too much sense at this point. Now if for some reason, say CM Punk is revealed to be the leader (if a leader is revealed soon) and in fact says that they are his "shield of justice" from all the injustice in the WWE. I.E. Supercena being the poster boy still, ryback being the fantasy of vince preferring the bigger built guys over guys who can actually wrestle, and Kane/Taker being the standard of tradition that just won't pass even after all these years, then that would be something I could look forward to. I mean we never did get an answer on that part of the story, and it's still open there.

If that were to be done, I wouldn't mind it if WWE trimmed the fat during the storyline, releasing talents that just aren't doing it in the company except jobbing out so much and don't make for any good tv. Then they can bring up more guys from NXT when they have some long term thing planned for them, where it can be part of Punk's storyline of a "revolution" in WWE that can be used to surge some new talent on screen. Otherwise, it's the same old same old.
    That would be an interesting story. You got four established stars and four upcoming stars, throw in Bryan and that's five stars that are being pushed. Done correctly it would really give them a push. Having shield feud with Team hell No by saying its an injustice that such a team can hold the titles and having punk as their leader who's going for the wwe title would make sense. Ryback could take Cena's side so can become over as a face because lets face it his turn as a heel hasn't worked out as well as hoped. Having taker in the mix would be a bonus since they already attacked him. Really it's up to the writers to get it going and hoping against hope they don't mess it up and ruin the shield and ryback like the other guys that have feuded against cena.

I hate the fact that the WWE exploits kids and their conditions in order to promote their cash cow Cena in an attempt to get the world to accept him. I don't buy his saintly ********. There are a lot of people who go out of their way to help sick children and refuse to take advantage of the situation to get themselves over. Cena isn't the only one in the roster who is involved with charities. But the WWE seems to be solely focused on showcasing just his involvement with them.

I'm all down with the make a wish program, but show the work that the other wrestlers put in.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Are they trying to tell me half the other 300 wishee's Cena has met didn't ask if they could be a "superstar" for a day? Heck, I know if I were a terminally ill kid, I wouldn't settle for having a sip of kool-aid with cena in the backstage

Heck, I know if I were a terminally ill kid, I wouldn't settle for having a sip of kool-aid with cena in the backstage
    Make A Wish kid vs. John Cena for the WWE championship in an I Quit match, loser must retire.

i'd pay good money to see that

seriously, i'd also be a cool by wwe to do

and no more cena, everyone wins

in the weeks leading up to that match, the Make a Wish Kid can talk about how he literally has nothing to lose

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

"And the make a wish kid coughs on cena. Oh, damn, cena now has leprocy. Make a wish kid wins via biological warfare!"

Page 216 of 289 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast