Page 224 of 300 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 7499

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    I don't plan on watching it considering E!'s track record for crappy reality shows.

Not to mention their target audience probably doesn't give 2 f***s about wrestling and would rather watch the cast get into an incoherent swear filled tantrum every time something insignificant goes awry.
    yeah, that's what I was thinking. E!'s target audience wouldn't care. the divas aren't Kardashian enough :P

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Isn't Henry the second longest running raw after Taker? He's been there a few while. He antics with Chyna were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Isn't Henry the second longest running raw after Taker? He's been there a few while
    The only other one I could think of to compete with him would be Kane.... I'm too lazy to look up the wiki pages though haha.

Its actually kinda crazy when you think about it, with HHH in that mix, they really are the only active old guys there anymore. In addition, the gap between groups is huge too, its literally "pre ATT.Era" and "Post 2010 era". Christian is the only one I can think of off the top of my head who defies this. Or Brock/Jericho if you count part-timers.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    The only other one I could think of to compete with him would be Kane.... I'm too lazy to look up the wiki pages though haha.

Its actually kinda crazy when you think about it, with HHH in that mix, they really are the only active old guys there anymore. In addition, the gap between groups is huge too, its literally "pre ATT.Era" and "Post 2010 era". Christian is the only one I can think of off the top of my head who defies this. Or Brock/Jericho if you count part-timers.
    I never thought of that. Too bad the Hardys, Too Cool, and such have left. The others like Edge are retired or...dead. Then you have Cena and Orton from the RA era.

At least we can't complain about them not making new stars...not that most are entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    At least we can't complain about them not making new stars...not that most are entertaining.
    Yeah, I was going to mention that its a good thing, but then I realized they still spend half an hour every week "fleshing out" John Cena's character a bit more so it's a moot point.

Also, I guess Tensai is there too, not that anyone cares.

LOL, I noticed that they edited in fake cheers on the Smackdown Raw replay of Mark Henry backstage after his retirement speech.

I guess even the people editing Smackdown are sick of Cena. maybe it's because the top belt has meant next to nothing and has been completely overshadowed since he won it.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 23rd June 2013 at 2:22 AM.

I guess even the people editing Smackdown are sick of Cena. maybe it's because the top belt has meant next to nothing and has been completely overshadowed since he won it.
    ...he's had it for only a month. In addition, he JUST had a promo ABOUT the title and how he won't lose it to an average joe.

I don't care for Cena having the title, but the title is hardly being unpromoted.

With RVD returning I decided to go back and watch a few of my favorite WWE matches of his including bouts vs Jeff Hardy and various IC title matches he had. Then I moved onto his match with Cena at One Night Stand back in 2006 (and watched the whole PPV since it was pretty cool). It was then I realized I actually never watched the 2005 One Night Stand and so I went and did that. Man my mind was blown for how amazing the crowd was and how cool the show was. It was completely overbooked, I had forgotten how much ECW was honestly overbooked in all their shows. But, it was honestly one of the best PPVs I think I've watched for what it was. The fan interaction was great, Joey Styles I honestly miss on commentary for how great he made ECW with his play by play, and the love for all the diverse characters they really had. The best part of all of it, everyone was legit a threat to each other really, something today's hierarchy in WWE is lacking. Wish some of today's WWE creative members/vince took a page again from these guys and learned a few things the fans want to see.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    With RVD returning I decided to go back and watch a few of my favorite WWE matches of his including bouts vs Jeff Hardy and various IC title matches he had. Then I moved onto his match with Cena at One Night Stand back in 2006 (and watched the whole PPV since it was pretty cool). It was then I realized I actually never watched the 2005 One Night Stand and so I went and did that. Man my mind was blown for how amazing the crowd was and how cool the show was. It was completely overbooked, I had forgotten how much ECW was honestly overbooked in all their shows. But, it was honestly one of the best PPVs I think I've watched for what it was. The fan interaction was great, Joey Styles I honestly miss on commentary for how great he made ECW with his play by play, and the love for all the diverse characters they really had. The best part of all of it, everyone was legit a threat to each other really, something today's hierarchy in WWE is lacking. Wish some of today's WWE creative members/vince took a page again from these guys and learned a few things the fans want to see.
    Watching RVD vs Cena for the title, I thought that the fans were literally going to kill Cena at some points. Crowds like that and the post 'Mania RAW this year are needed to let Vince know that we aren't going to settle for the same old BS from his company.

JBL had one of the funniest comments just before the street fight last night, he yelled for them to get the Spanish announce table. proof that JBL is twice as good at commentating than he was as a wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulcam View Post
    Watching RVD vs Cena for the title, I thought that the fans were literally going to kill Cena at some points. Crowds like that and the post 'Mania RAW this year are needed to let Vince know that we aren't going to settle for the same old BS from his company.
    Give me the crowd from ONS 2005 and the reaction Cena got 1 year later at ONS 06, and that is how the crowd should be near 75% of the time. Especially when we got some bad shows over the last year.

Gotta enjoy that we've had near 3 weeks of somewhat consistent booking on RAW. I missed the first hour but picked up that I didn't miss much except Jericho/ADR/Ziggler antics and AJ/Kaitlyn/Langston. Enjoyed some random #1 contenders match with 3 teams with only 1 really deserving of the title shot. If they built up tons of funk and 3mb not to be jokes, then maybe they could have a tag division! But, I hope that the Usos vs Rollins/Reigns gets a good program to it. I find it weird that the WWE MITB is all faces (appearing as faces at least), so...which 1-2 do we think will potentially turn heel by the time the pay per view rolls around or even during the match?

Loved the Punk/Heyman stuff, especially because they are going back to old storyline writing when you have a bit of friction and you want it to be blurred. I mean Punk has shown up and is face again to us, doubting heyman, not wanting to affiliate professionally, but still consider themselves friends, so it made perfect sense for Axel to make the save for Punk. That's the kind of in-depth writing I wish we had instead of the obvious.

As well DB/Orton had a nice main event especially with the stipulation although Street Fights should be fought around the arena. But hell, there was psychology to the match! Steve Blackman approved the use of the Kendo Sticks, but he did not teach them the proper usage technique it seemed. However, DB got the big win over Orton which I was honestly kind of surprised at. I mean the machine says Orton, Cena, and Sheamus must win....Punk and Bryan have constantly defied the machine thanks to the fans.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

I wasn't into this weeks RAW like last weeks. I'm glad we got the names for the Money in the Bank for the WWE Championship, I was disappointed by no Wade Barret. I guess he'll be with Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes in the World Heavyweight Title one. Yes, I still think there is a tiny chance for Wade Barret to leave Mid Card status. They also showed the cover for their new game. I personally liked the Brad Maddox one. The true cover with the Rock was fine, but at the same time I couldn't help but ask, "You couldn't of had someone else on the cover behind the Rock?" The Rock on the cover is good but he's still only part time. I was actually expecting a generic Sheamus on the cover XD

The feuds on RAW were alright. I did enjoy Daniel Bryan defeating Randy Orton. I wish they'd turn Orton heel already. Strange as it is the AJ and Kaitlyn thing was the thing I remember most from RAW last night. It was funny, cruel, and made me actually interested to see this diva's feud continue. It would have been more effective if Kaitlyn actually lost to Aksana because of AJ, but whatever. I do find it funny that Kaitlyn is taking AJ Lee's old crazy gimmick where she attacks everyone who insults her, in a crazy manor usually from behind.

CM Punk and Paul Heyman...Well this story is just getting started so it makes sense for the two to not fully attack one another just yet. And I should have guessed we ain't getting Punk vs Lesnar until SummerSlam. That's fine, we got time to build up the tension with Heyman and Curtis Axel. Cena vs Henry, meh. I enjoyed Mark Henry's performance last week, it's worthy of a Slammy but the feud itself. Super Cena will win in the end so what can you do?

Edit: Also AJ if you want to mock Kaitlyn's "deep voice" you might want to try and use a deeper voice when you're trying to imitate her.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 25th June 2013 at 8:39 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Gotta enjoy that we've had near 3 weeks of somewhat consistent booking on RAW. I missed the first hour but picked up that I didn't miss much except Jericho/ADR/Ziggler antics and AJ/Kaitlyn/Langston. Enjoyed some random #1 contenders match with 3 teams with only 1 really deserving of the title shot. If they built up tons of funk and 3mb not to be jokes, then maybe they could have a tag division! But, I hope that the Usos vs Rollins/Reigns gets a good program to it. I find it weird that the WWE MITB is all faces (appearing as faces at least), so...which 1-2 do we think will potentially turn heel by the time the pay per view rolls around or even during the match?
    I say Ortan either just before or during the event. I see him doing something really nasty that will give him heat. I wish they gave the tag team more attention with the shield and wyatt family coming its gonna be heel heavy either they going to push a face tag team or make one.

I mean the machine says Orton, Cena, and Sheamus must win....Punk and Bryan have constantly defied the machine thanks to the fans.
    I think your mind is stuck a good 3 years in the past, as Orton hasn't been remotely pushed like Cena and Sheamus. He's lost consistently to the likes of Cesaro and Barrett, sometimes clean.

Not that he isn't protected, but nowhere near the level of the other two as of late, plus he's actually talented so that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I think your mind is stuck a good 3 years in the past, as Orton hasn't been remotely pushed like Cena and Sheamus. He's lost consistently to the likes of Cesaro and Barrett, sometimes clean.

Not that he isn't protected, but nowhere near the level of the other two as of late, plus he's actually talented so that helps.
    They can't give Orton a big push, he has two strikes against him for violations of the wellness policy

What I meant was he's on that plateu of protection by creative/vince/whoever in the back. Given he's lost cleanly to Barrett, but I think he's up on his matches on Cesaro. But, with what I meant, he's the kind of guy that fits their mold of a wrestler, he'll get the eventual more chances than a lot of other up and coming talent in the long run. He's in a rocky patch now, but if that passes it'd probably be title contention again. He can lose 1 match, but easily go on to win the next 3-4 if it means losing the PPV match obviously or something, but he doesn't really have to deal with a lot of BS booking (except for the year or two after he won the WHC his first time). Guys like Punk/Bryan had to endure a few moments that just would ruin most superstar credibility and send them back down for a long time.

Punk - A poorly booked program with ECW Originals vs. New Breed, Taker (09), and SES program involving them getting taken down by Big Show, as well as taking over the shattered Nexus (he actually made it seem legit again tbh) but for the most part loads of filler and managing to find a way to shine to keep himself at least relevant at the time.

Bryan - Poor NXT booking, The newly created idea that the MITB holder can lose as many matches right before cashing in, 18 second WHC match at mania (legit blessing in disguise lol), and being put on the backburner with various filler stuff since Team Hell No which is gaining him more momentum now to be a WWE champ.

Sure all 5 guys have had poorly booked times in their careers, but for the most part Sheamus/Orton/Cena from start to end by creative are meant to succeed in their various programs. More hit and miss with Orton since 04 and lest we forget King Sheamus/Cowardly WWE champ vs the Nexus. Guys so far like Punk/Bryan have had less than stellar programs where their success are more or less up to the fan support and interest. I know he's not as pushed, but he's on the side of the machine that eventually ends up winning hadn't things started ending up bad for him i.e. A few injuries, concussion, and a wellness policy violation within the last 2 or so years.

What I meant was he's on that plateu of protection by creative/vince/whoever in the back. Given he's lost cleanly to Barrett, but I think he's up on his matches on Cesaro. But, with what I meant, he's the kind of guy that fits their mold of a wrestler, he'll get the eventual more chances than a lot of other up and coming talent in the long run. He's in a rocky patch now, but if that passes it'd probably be title contention again. He can lose 1 match, but easily go on to win the next 3-4 if it means losing the PPV match obviously or something, but he doesn't really have to deal with a lot of BS booking (except for the year or two after he won the WHC his first time). Guys like Punk/Bryan had to endure a few moments that just would ruin most superstar credibility and send them back down for a long time.

Punk - A poorly booked program with ECW Originals vs. New Breed, Taker (09), and SES program involving them getting taken down by Big Show, as well as taking over the shattered Nexus (he actually made it seem legit again tbh) but for the most part loads of filler and managing to find a way to shine to keep himself at least relevant at the time.

Bryan - Poor NXT booking, The newly created idea that the MITB holder can lose as many matches right before cashing in, 18 second WHC match at mania (legit blessing in disguise lol), and being put on the backburner with various filler stuff since Team Hell No which is gaining him more momentum now to be a WWE champ.

Sure all 5 guys have had poorly booked times in their careers, but for the most part Sheamus/Orton/Cena from start to end by creative are meant to succeed in their various programs. More hit and miss with Orton since 04 and lest we forget King Sheamus/Cowardly WWE champ vs the Nexus. Guys so far like Punk/Bryan have had less than stellar programs where their success are more or less up to the fan support and interest. I know he's not as pushed, but he's on the side of the machine that eventually ends up winning hadn't things started ending up bad for him i.e. A few injuries, concussion, and a wellness policy violation within the last 2 or so years.
    There's a BIG difference here though. Unlike Cena and especially sheamus, Orton has actually worked on improving himself to the point where I feel he deserves the booking he gets. Also my reasoning for bringing up the losses to midcard guys is simply to show I don't think Orton really has a problem putting people over, at least as much as we assume cena does.

And honestly I don't see how Orton's career path is any different than that of Punk's or Bryan. He's had NUMEROUS gimmicks and storylines before this on finally clicked. And I think his success is actually made MORE impressive because of him being a second generation wrestler. People seem to think of that as a stepping stone, but consider the state of almost any second or third generation superstar like rhodes, dibiase, natalya, tamina, soon to be axel, are in. Most if not all are held back by their parent's gimmick, but Orton managed to become his own thing.

I saw Smackdown last night. It looks like Daniel Bryan is going to turn heel after all, despite how over he is with the crowd. Oh boy. Looks like the talk about him getting the push so he can put over John Cena is looking more and more real. I hope that doesn't happen but it already looks like he's going heel.

The World Heavyweight Money in the Bank match is filled with heels so I suppose some will turn face. Fandango I can see come back as a face, and yay Wade Barret is in that one. He better win! I'm behind Wade Barret getting a push no matter how unlikely it is.

I do find it amusing the Kaitlin does exactly what AJ did to her on Monday but unlike Kaitlin, AJ actually loses her match and then gets speared by Kaitlin. AJ's suppose to be the heel champion you want to see get beat up, yet because of the booking she looks like the underdog. It's why I'm hoping AJ goes over Kaitlin again, simply because AJ's not being pushed as a strong heel.

Then there's Ryback. I have no idea what the future holds for Ryback. I suppose a victory of Chris Jericho would be a start to a buildup? Has Ryback ever won at a PPV? How did a guy getting such a monsterous push end up like this? It's a shame what's happened to him. However there is still time to save his character.

Prior to smackdown I thought that the aj vs kaitlyn feud would be entertaining and worth watching. Then kaitlyn came out on stage and gutted it like a deer. The problem? The storyline started with aj using intelligence and psychological advantages to destroy kaitlyn emotionally, thus raising aj's "value". With kaitlyn acting like an idiot, it not only kills off her "value" but kills off the interest that was built around "aj being smarter than kaitlyn". What they need to do is have fandango turn face, then bring in summer rae to replace kaitlyn.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

I haven't been keeping up with the show lately but wouldn't Kaitlyn "acting like an idiot" just reinforce how AJ has been able to get inside her head?

And replacing Kaitlyn with Summer Rae gave me a good laugh. I don't think the show needs another generic bleach blond model type diva. Plus Kaitlyn has some history with AJ and is already somewhat established.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I do find it amusing the Kaitlin does exactly what AJ did to her on Monday but unlike Kaitlin, AJ actually loses her match and then gets speared by Kaitlin. AJ's suppose to be the heel champion you want to see get beat up, yet because of the booking she looks like the underdog. It's why I'm hoping AJ goes over Kaitlin again, simply because AJ's not being pushed as a strong heel.
    That's probably because she's more of a natural underdog than a strong heel.

I haven't been keeping up with the show lately but wouldn't Kaitlyn "acting like an idiot" just reinforce how AJ has been able to get inside her head?

And replacing Kaitlyn with Summer Rae gave me a good laugh. I don't think the show needs another generic bleach blond model type diva. Plus Kaitlyn has some history with AJ and is already somewhat established.

That's probably because she's more of a natural underdog than a strong heel.
    Which is why Aj's not a good heel. Still I hope she can hold on to her belt and not just drop it back to Kaitlin in their next match. She can drop it to Kaitlin eventually if that's what their going for but at least give her a run with it. Though it looks like the belt is to big for her XD

As for the MITB I still hope Wade Barret gets the briefcase. Yes, I am still on the Wade Barret train. I know he's probably not going to be a world champion anytime soon but he's the person I am rooting for to win. Come on Wade Barret!

haha yeah the belt fits her like a hula hoop.

also mark henry's new shirt is pretty awesome.

Well...it's finally time, the Wyatt family's coming next week. Don't know in what way they'll debut, but if it's going to be destroying some people I'm hoping they attack during a match of say Primo/Epico vs. Tons of Funk. Have Rowan and Harper destroy both teams, gives the tag division more focus, shows the dominance of the Wyatts, all a win/win.

I gotta admit I was surprised at ziggler selling Jinder of all people's offense throughout the match. But, it does make him look like a stronger competitor than if he just gets squashed all the time. Plus the post match stuff with ziggles outrunning Slater/Drew was a little bit funny as well, just a way of saying haha, you can't catch me because I'm Dolph Ziggler.

I have no idea what they are doing with DB, but I was hoping for more referee shenanigans in the Kane/Orton match last night. It really does confuse me with the booking on what they are doing with him, but as long as he's in line to get a WWE title shot soon, I just hope nothing derails him.

It really does confuse me with the booking on what they are doing with him, but as long as he's in line to get a WWE title shot soon, I just hope nothing derails him.
    Being confused on their plan would imply they HAVE a plan. Judging by his actions I'd say they don't have one.

I'm not sure at whether Mark Henry will be champion it is unlikely but that was what I said before he won the World Title.

Page 224 of 300 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast