Page 390 of 391 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391 LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 9752

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

So WK12 was pretty good. The more notable matches for me were the 4-way, heavyweight tag title match, Goto/Suzuki, along with Cody/Ibushi and Omega/Jericho which actually surpassed my expectations and of course, a fantastic main event. Don't really get the point of Naito losing though, everyone was ready for Okada dropping the belt but nope. What the hell is Gedo going to do now, have him hold it for another year? Jesus.

And oh right, WWE. Raw and Smack were nothing special, but had some good stuff. For Raw it was Finn and The Club reuniting which is finally something fresh for all three of them, although I fear they'll suck as faces, Woken Matt segments are always fun, Jordan/Cesaro and Joe/Reigns were pretty good matches too, and the worked shoot machine known as The Miz is coming back next week, god bless. And for Smack, it was the tag title match(of course it was great) and Sami finally winning a singles match, feels like it's been ages. Although I'm sick of every match with him and/or KO being overbooked to all hell, I just want Shane to go away at this point.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 4th January 2018 at 7:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    You're the Roman Reigns of the internet. Google it.
    I did and had trouble finding anything. That's why I'm asking for help.
    I CAN. I WILL.

The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    Just google "watchwrestling royal rumble" when the show airs. I've used watchwrestling in between network subscriptions and it's never let me down. A suggestion however, is to not use the actual livestream itself, as it tends to be very buggy and filled with ads. Instead, use the 10-15 minute videos they record and post as the show progresses(just refresh the page for them to appear). You'll be about 10 minutes behind what's happening live, but it's a minor inconvenience when your getting otherwise perfect quality, uninterrupted footage.

It isn't difficult just to search a wwe live stream.
    You are blessed, you've been lucky. I wish I got you last time. En Garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang Style!

They’re really messing up this mixed match challenge thing. Saying the viewers and fans could pick then going off and doing their own thing for just about all of them except Bobby Roode and Charlotte Flair.

"Messing it up" would imply that it was a good idea in the first place. I really have no idea what the goal of it was, or how they expected it to reach it. I don't think anyone ever was using facebook and thinking to themselves "wow, I'd really love to watch extended matches here". Neither do I think anyone wanted to see series of matches that have absolutely zero ramifications on anything.

I guess at the very least I'll give them props for trying something new.

According to this article Paige is medically retired for the same reason as Edge. I feel bad because she came back only to be taken out less than a month later. I don’t know if this would exactly hurt what WWE is doing right now and I think it’s totally easy to just transition her into a managerial role with Absolution and other talent.

I feel bad for Paige. Her and El Patron broke up partly in part to her crazy travel schedule with WWE, and now that is no more. I wonder if they will get back together and we will see her go into that downward spiral again. I sure hope not.
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Ultra Sun

I feel sorry for her as far as losing her dream job at 25 and possibly having future health problems. I can't honestly say I'll miss her on screen though. I've always found both her and Emma drastically overrated simply because of a single above average match in NXT years prior. And unfortunately unlike Emma, Paige has no versatility on the mic or in character.

At any rate, I hope WWE doesn't overthink her position moving forward. As Viper said, just have her manage Absolution for the forseeable future. The faction is literally built around her, and it would kill Deville and Rose dead in the water if they just strike out on their own now.

This is actually heartbreaking if you think about it. God knows the last two years haven't been good for her at all, between suspensions, a wreck of a relationship, nudes getting leaked and not being able to get in the ring for ages. Then she finally comes back and now this. And like Raiga said, she's only 25, yiiiikes. I don't care how good or bad you may be, nobody deserves that.

Hope the future works out well for her though, even though I imagine having to retire is soul-crushing. Because on the positive side, you don't need to get in the ring to have a good career in the WWE, Corey Graves proved that. I assume managing is probably the first step, but once Absolution stops being a thing, I guess we'll see what happens next. Hopefully it's something good.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 13th January 2018 at 11:03 PM.

Curb Stomp is back and all is well with Rollins again.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...
    Wise Words From A Wise Person
    Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    No Ash, you must always go up in League ranks and hold on to every skill you've ever learned ever or else whatever experiences you've had was a waste and never happened. That's the only reason on why I'm invested in you. Ash, I'm frustrated at you for not winning the League once you average protagonist. It doesn't matter if you almost won it, make a mistake and you'll be burned to the stake.

-With love, your fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    The match was actually good despite the referee botched or scripted pin fall.
    You are blessed, you've been lucky. I wish I got you last time. En Garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang Style!

Find it kinda funny that of all the days, they chose MLK day to bring it back. I mean, I love the move but lol timing. But then again, they've done worse before:

Last edited by Josef Stylin; 16th January 2018 at 6:12 PM.

Have to say I'm loving the character work Jason Jordan has been putting in. That whiny entitled brat with devious conceited undertones suits his role perfectly and he's playing it to a tee. Glad he and WWE were able to salvage something from the doomed Angle 2.0 babyface role they had initially set up. The optimistic part of me wants to say this was planned all along but the cynic and realist in me knows better.
    Strownage on RAW is always great and I died laughing when Booker T sacrificed Cole to get away from Braun.
    Bar vs. Titus Worldwide was genuinely a good match with a smart ending.
    Nia/Asuka was also a good match with yet another smart ending.
    Cedric/Nese are two of the best CW workers in WWE and they showed it.
    Genuinely enjoyed every part of RAW last night. Hope SD follows suit because RAW has been on the up quality wise these past few weeks and RAW 25 is STACKED.

A Noble and Just Cause
    No Ash, you must always go up in League ranks and hold on to every skill you've ever learned ever or else whatever experiences you've had was a waste and never happened. That's the only reason on why I'm invested in you. Ash, I'm frustrated at you for not winning the League once you average protagonist. It doesn't matter if you almost won it, make a mistake and you'll be burned to the stake.

-With love, your fans

With the Royal Rumble ever closer...

Anyone feel like discussing our hopes/possibilities for this year's 'surprise entrants'?

These happen every year and make the Royal Rumble more exciting and intriguing. Another reason why it's my favorite match.

Not only that, there are 2 Rumble Matches this year so we get 2 times the surprise entrants (sort of)

I'm can't think of anyone for the men's Rumble honestly. Maybe some more TNA ship jumpers? lol. I actually just read recently on CageSideSeats that Bobby Lashley quit the sinking ship so maybe him? Can't think of anyone else honestly.

As for the women's Rumble... I already know who I want as a 'surprise entrant.'

Which would be... Awesome Kong/Kharma. She had the shortest WWE run ever (as far as I remember) and it was just unfortunate. I'd like to see her in the women's Royal Rumble. LET'S SEE NIA JAX BEAT HER UP. lol. She can't. AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. :P

Oh well. Just another pipe dream probably. ;-;

What are your guys' hopes/possibilities for this year's 'surprise entrants'?

P.S.: Yes I'm already aware that I'll probably have to change my signature AGAIN after next week. Which... is really infuriating if I'm to be even more honest. If they're going to give that talentless hack the title back then they really shouldn't have gave it to Reigns in the first place. BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW.

Oh well. THEY SHOULD MAKE UP FOR IT BY HAVING HIM WIN THE RUMBLE AGAIN. WHAT'S THAT? HE'LL GET BOOED AGAIN?

I could care less.
    I CAN. I WILL.

The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

Raw 25 is so stacked! I love it! I can't wait to see Undertaker back. I wish Sting would show up and have some kind of interaction with Taker at least. I would be happy with that seeming as they will never have a match with each other. Plus they are both old now. It's too bad this wasn't 1999. Lol.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

I mean... I don’t really get why they pushed back the US Title match to this week, but Bobby Roode winning was kind of alright. Nothing big, nothing small, I just kinda hope that they turn him heel soon to gain that momentum back from NXT. I do have to say that it caught me off guard though, since I was fully convinced that they were gonna have Dolph Ziggler break his hiatus via interrupting the match a team the Royal Rumble.

I dunno really what they’re doing with Dolph, since he certainly hasn’t left the company yet - in the few Smackdown episodes after he relinquished the title that had their normal intro with all the wrestlers, you can see that they still show him in it, and while I was watching RAW last night they had a Tapout clothing gear mini-promo with him in it. I’m pretty sure that they’ll bring him back in for a feud with one of the title holders due to him holding the US title just before his hiatus - he could be a mystery Royal Rumble entrant, or he could interfere with a US title match whenever, or even do something different. I heard something about a Fastlane advertising leak that spoiled him being in it, but I’m not sure on the credibility of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    I mean... I don’t really get why they pushed back the US Title match to this week, but Bobby Roode winning was kind of alright. Nothing big, nothing small, I just kinda hope that they turn him heel soon to gain that momentum back from NXT. I do have to say that it caught me off guard though, since I was fully convinced that they were gonna have Dolph Ziggler break his hiatus via interrupting the match a team the Royal Rumble.

I dunno really what they’re doing with Dolph, since he certainly hasn’t left the company yet - in the few Smackdown episodes after he relinquished the title that had their normal intro with all the wrestlers, you can see that they still show him in it, and while I was watching RAW last night they had a Tapout clothing gear mini-promo with him in it. I’m pretty sure that they’ll bring him back in for a feud with one of the title holders due to him holding the US title just before his hiatus - he could be a mystery Royal Rumble entrant, or he could interfere with a US title match whenever, or even do something different. I heard something about a Fastlane advertising leak that spoiled him being in it, but I’m not sure on the credibility of that.
    I've heard rumblings that people think he'll actually win the rumble. Which...is laughable obviously....but yet at the same time is oddly captivating idea to think about.

Like, from a writing perspective it works on so many levels. There's the fact that he's been a "survivor" in a ton of rumbles, starting from 1 or 2 in a couple of them I believe. Then factor in the overarching story of his whole "underperforming" career. I.e., he's a guy who for years has never been able to win the big one in a fair one on one fight. He's always been a heel, used the MITB, etc., but lost to guys like Cena or Ambrose when it was fair. So him winning a match that in many ways is pure luck is very fitting. And then finally factor in his most recent storyline with him leaving, where it works perfectly that he'd win the rumble simply to spite the fans that he thinks turned their backs on him because he's not as good as he says he is.

But eh, we know reality. He'll be brought in as a surprise and randomly dumped out in the middle with no reaction.

What are your guys' hopes/possibilities for this year's 'surprise entrants'?
    I doubt any of the TNA guys are showing up with non-compete clauses being a factor and all but as to what I'm hoping for, I will say that Booker coming out just to try eliminating Jason Jordan would be absolutely kino. My heart is also praying for Neville even though my barely functioning rational side knows deep down he's not coming back. It hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef Stylin View Post
    I doubt any of the TNA guys are showing up with non-compete clauses being a factor and all but as to what I'm hoping for, I will say that Booker coming out just to try eliminating Jason Jordan would be absolutely kino. My heart is also praying for Neville even though my barely functioning rational side knows deep down he's not coming back. It hurts.
    Are we absolutely sure Impact Wrestling even still has non-complete clauses under their current management though? Their whole m.o lately is that they're forming a more open relationship with talent and letting them take their characters elsewhere. Combine that with them obviously wanting to cut money anywhere possible, I think there is a chance they could just not even bother.

Edit: Although I suppose guys like EC3 and Lashley were contracted before the newest management though, so they might still have them simply by proxy of having old contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Are we absolutely sure Impact Wrestling even still has non-complete clauses under their current management though? Their whole m.o lately is that they're forming a more open relationship with talent and letting them take their characters elsewhere. Combine that with them obviously wanting to cut money anywhere possible, I think there is a chance they could just not even bother.

Edit: Although I suppose guys like EC3 and Lashley were contracted before the newest management though, so they might still have them simply by proxy of having old contracts.
    Yeah, I'm not absolutely sure so I suppose I'm not exactly writing out that possibility either. I'm just thinking that last part is the case since apparently the reason they're leaving is because Impact doesn't have the money to renew their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I've heard rumblings that people think he'll actually win the rumble. Which...is laughable obviously....but yet at the same time is oddly captivating idea to think about.

Like, from a writing perspective it works on so many levels. There's the fact that he's been a "survivor" in a ton of rumbles, starting from 1 or 2 in a couple of them I believe. Then factor in the overarching story of his whole "underperforming" career. I.e., he's a guy who for years has never been able to win the big one in a fair one on one fight. He's always been a heel, used the MITB, etc., but lost to guys like Cena or Ambrose when it was fair. So him winning a match that in many ways is pure luck is very fitting. And then finally factor in his most recent storyline with him leaving, where it works perfectly that he'd win the rumble simply to spite the fans that he thinks turned their backs on him because he's not as good as he says he is.

But eh, we know reality. He'll be brought in as a surprise and randomly dumped out in the middle with no reaction.
    I'd be down with Dolph winning the Rumble but IMO he'll probably just face Roode for the US Title and lose.
    IMO I have Nakamura winning it to set up Naka/Styles.

A Noble and Just Cause

-With love, your fans

I'd be down with Dolph winning the Rumble but IMO he'll probably just face Roode for the US Title and lose.
    IMO I have Nakamura winning it to set up Naka/Styles.
    I'm sure a good amount of people wants Nakamura to win the rumble. But rumor has it that Roman Reign is expected to win this year's rumble to setup the match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34. The monkeys at the front office are still keen to the Styles/Nakamura match for WM 34.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    I'm sure a good amount of people wants Nakamura to win the rumble. But rumor has it that Roman Reign is expected to win this year's rumble to setup the match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34. The monkeys at the front office are still keen to the Styles/Nakamura match for WM 34.
    I don't know about Reigns winning another Rumble. Elimination Chamber is already confirmed to be a Raw ppv and I highly highly doubt Brock is getting inside the chamber to defend the title so I think Roman winning a #1 contender's chamber is far more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef Stylin View Post
    I don't know about Reigns winning another Rumble. Elimination Chamber is already confirmed to be a Raw ppv and I highly highly doubt Brock is getting inside the chamber to defend the title so I think Roman winning a #1 contender's chamber is far more likely.
    Perhaps so. But then again those are subject to change overtime. Like how this year's Fastlane main event is going to be Nakamura vs Orton vs Zayn vs Owens vs AJ Styles in a fatal 5 way match for the WWE Championship assuming none of them won the rumble. Then again they are subject to change since the monkeys do tend to change the outcome in the last minute.

Page 390 of 391 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391 LastLast