Page 10 of 294 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 7331

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post

    Money In The Bank VI - "The Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin vs Dolph Ziggler vs "The Big Red Monster" Kane vs "The Instant Classic" Christian vs "The All-American American" Jack Swagger vs Montel Vontavious Porter "MVP" vs Sheamus/Evan Bourne/Kofi Kingston/The Miz/Ted DiBaise vs Matt Hardy/John Morrison/R-Truth/Finlay/Drew McIntyre.
    I doubt the Miz might be in this MitB match. After RAW last night, he and Big Show were still Tag Team Champions, so they might defend those titles at WM. I've ruled Sheamus out as well, because he's most likely going to have a match against Triple H because of his attack on him at the end of RAW last night.





  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I still stand by Brett's match will either change in to a tag match or it won't last long. A guy who suffered a stroke will not be able to put on a match.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I don't think that Jeff Hardy is less committed. He keeps having problems, he loves the buisiness and gives just as much as Matt when he's active. Everyone should know by now that once you make one mistake and get in trouble it is hard to stay out of it. Jeff Hardy fought through that and still remained probably the most popular wrestler in histrory he definately deserves the three world title reigns he had no matter how short.
    As for Wrestlemania, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio probably will have a match and it is likely to be hair vs. mask
    Randy Orton will probably face Legacy, but in a Triple Threat not a handicap and the fathers of all three will probably be there in their corners.
    And look for Vince's signature match to pop up. Street Fight.
    I'm guessing that Kofi Kingston will get in the MITB and hopefully the last spot will go to Matt Hardy.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    I don't think that Jeff Hardy is less committed. He keeps having problems, he loves the buisiness and gives just as much as Matt when he's active. Everyone should know by now that once you make one mistake and get in trouble it is hard to stay out of it. Jeff Hardy fought through that and still remained probably the most popular wrestler in histrory he definately deserves the three world title reigns he had no matter how short.
    Not really, if he was as committed as Matt he wouldn't had did the drugs in first place, also Matt did just about everything Jeff had done and more, he is more experence and has more in ring skill all Jeff does is Backflips off tall ladders. Yes it takes skill but not as much as Mat based moves.

    Also he nowhere near one of the most popular wrestler of all time.



    and hopefully last spot will go to Matt Hardy.
    THIS^

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    I don't think that Jeff Hardy is less committed. He keeps having problems, he loves the buisiness and gives just as much as Matt when he's active. Everyone should know by now that once you make one mistake and get in trouble it is hard to stay out of it. Jeff Hardy fought through that and still remained probably the most popular wrestler in histrory he definately deserves the three world title reigns he had no matter how short.
    Not really, if he was as committed as Matt he wouldn't had did the drugs in first place, also Matt did just about everything Jeff had done and more, he is more experence and has more in ring skill all Jeff does is Backflips off tall ladders. Yes it takes skill but not as much as Mat based moves.

    Also he nowhere near one of the most popular wrestler of all time.



    and hopefully last spot will go to Matt Hardy.
    THIS^

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    It strikes me as odd that you say Jeff is not committed. People don't just come back from being supsended for drug use and having their house burned down and their dog dying in the fire. He went through so much in 2008 and he came back and kept positive and showing us and WWE that life had not broken him. He earned those world titles and all the fans he has made over the years. People getting involved in drugs doesn't mean that they aren't committed to their career. You hear about how people do drugs and drink all the time. Jeff Hardy just made the mistake of getting caught. As far as his flips and jumps off ladders go, Jeff Hardy has said that all he wants to do make memories that people will have forever and he has done just that.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firestar319 View Post
    I doubt the Miz might be in this MitB match. After RAW last night, he and Big Show were still Tag Team Champions, so they might defend those titles at WM. I've ruled Sheamus out as well, because he's most likely going to have a match against Triple H because of his attack on him at the end of RAW last night.
    Again I listed Miz as a possibility because we don't know if he and Show will be defending the belts at Mania.
    Not every belt is defended at Mania, the IC and US titles for example have rarely been defended at Mania over the last few years.

    I think the same goes for ruling Sheamus out of the MitB just because he attacked Trips on this week's RAW. It could be that the feud starts now, Trips costs Sheamus the MitB match and they continue on from there.
    It's too early to tell.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkimania View Post
    I still stand by Brett's match will either change in to a tag match or it won't last long. A guy who suffered a stroke will not be able to put on a match.
    Well let's face it, Bret is fighting Vince.
    That's not really a wrestling match in the traditional sense, Vince has only rarely stepped into the ring and he's getting on too.

    As far as lingering effects that the stroke may have had on Bret, only Bret and the Doctors really know how much lasting damage has been done (since everyone reacts to a stroke, even individual strokes, differently). Personally though I doubt even this match would have been agreed to, much less allowed, if they felt Bret wasn't up to it.
    It won't be a long match that's for sure, matches like this rarely are.

    I can't see it turning into a tag match because the logical, within storyline, people for Vince and Bret to tag with are already booked in a main-event match against each other.
    Sure sometimes you'll see guys do double duty but with them already booked for a WWE title match on "the grandest stage of them all" Batista and Cena won't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    As for Wrestlemania, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio probably will have a match and it is likely to be hair vs. mask
    Randy Orton will probably face Legacy, but in a Triple Threat not a handicap and the fathers of all three will probably be there in their corners.
    And look for Vince's signature match to pop up. Street Fight.
    I'm guessing that Kofi Kingston will get in the MITB and hopefully the last spot will go to Matt Hardy.
    If we get the match between them then I think it'll be a standard one-fall match without any extra stipulations. I could see a Hair vs Mask match between them, but a little way down the road.

    Can't see why we'd get a Triple Threat match. To me it doesn't fit with the story that's being told - Rhodes and DiBaise are working together against Orton. And unlike Smackdown vs RAW 2010 there isn't a title involved (once there is that'll be when they turn on each other).

    Hhmm, could be. Although I think they'd want to take it carefully with Bret.

    They'd do nicely as the last two, guess we'll have to wait and see.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camcam View Post
    It strikes me as odd that you say Jeff is not committed. People don't just come back from being supsended for drug use and having their house burned down and their dog dying in the fire. He went through so much in 2008 and he came back and kept positive and showing us and WWE that life had not broken him. He earned those world titles and all the fans he has made over the years. People getting involved in drugs doesn't mean that they aren't committed to their career. You hear about how people do drugs and drink all the time. Jeff Hardy just made the mistake of getting caught. As far as his flips and jumps off ladders go, Jeff Hardy has said that all he wants to do make memories that people will have forever and he has done just that.
    Im not saying hes not commited, im just saying he's not as good as Matt,I know his house burned down but thats not a reason to give him a World Title, don't get me wrong he has skill, its just he hasn't really done anything that matt couldn't already do.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Not really, if he was as committed as Matt he wouldn't had did the drugs in first place, also Matt did just about everything Jeff had done and more, he is more experence and has more in ring skill all Jeff does is Backflips off tall ladders. Yes it takes skill but not as much as Mat based moves.

    Also he nowhere near one of the most popular wrestler of all time.





    THIS^
    Jeff's mat skills improved drastically when he was getting his main-event push.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    Jeff's mat skills improved drastically when he was getting his main-event push.
    No, not really besides doing swantons off of higher objects he really didn't change, he was just overhyped

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    No, not really besides doing swantons off of higher objects he really didn't change, he was just overhyped
    Sorry, have to disagree with you there. Jeff did improve around the time of his big push, especially when he was feuding with Trips and Edge, his mic work got better and he did look a bit better in terms of mat wrestling.

    I think the fact remains Matt is the better mat based wrestler, whether or not that's because his injuries forced him to change his style (especially since despite his injuries Jeff has maintained that "high risk, high reward" style) we don't really know.
    Realistically each of the Hardys has had problems, Jeff has had more that are of his own making, but I think neither is where they could be had things gone well for each of them.

    Moving on.
    Since some people have an issue with spoilers I've put Mania affecting things from the taping of this week's Smackdown in a spoiler bracket:

        Spoiler:- Smackdown Spoilers:

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I never said that I knew for a fact that Mysterio and Punk would have a mask vs. hair match. I was just sharing what I had read from a very reliable wrestling news site. I know its reliable because I've been using it for a long time now and it hasn't lied to me yet. I know that the triple threat between Orton,Dibiase,and Rhodes with the fathers is almost exactly like the video game, but that is what they are talking about doing. Although they only have a few weeks left until Wrestlemania and that is kind of a lot to build up to in that short amount of time.
    As for MITB, I am half right right so far, because Last night at the SD taping Matt Hardy qualified for the match. The only prediction left for me to get right for that match is Kofi Kingston, and that site I mentioned said a few months ago that the WWE higher ups had put him as their favorite for the match. Although, that was said a few weeks ago with the ending saying plans can and likely will change.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    108

    Default

    CamCam out of intrest what reliable site do you use? As I've seen it mentioned on a few, and the one I use myself is fairly trustworthy. I'm still not too sure what WWE were thinking of releasing Maria right now, as when her release clause ends and she's able to sign for a new company, a certain celebrity show ends. TNA could end up laughing if she wins it.
    I honestly think I will straight up mark out if Matt Hardy won the money in the Bank and then cashed it in to win it. Sadly I think this is Christians or Kofi's year(Again I realise that he's not in yet). One shock winner would be Shelton

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    The site I use is wrestlinginc.com. I've been using it for a while now and I am very pleased with it. Beware though, the stories they put up are true but underneath it there is an advertisement for other sites. Those stories are 99% of the time not true. The site's stories are pretty much dead on.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    517

    Default

    I use that site too, and you're right. The stories they put up on that site are usually right.





  16. #241
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    That's a very good site if you're not always able to watch the shows that are taped in advance like SD and sometimes TNA. Although TNA is about to go live every other week and I've wanted SD to go live for a long time now although I understand why they don't.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Fair enough, I use LOP (lordsofpain) myself and they themselves seem to get most stories correct too. I do also enjoy reading the column on the main page and the forum is filled with the general smarks that you expect to see on any wrestling forum.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    From what I've seen a lot of the wrestling news sites that are correct always have the exact same headlines on their home page. I just use wrestlinginc because my computer sucks and that loads the fastest without shutting my computer down, and they have forums which is common although I haven't joined it, and they have polls about what is going on now. For example, right now the poll is about what we think of the buildup for McMahon vs. Hart at Wrestlemania. I voted for Average, because Bret Hart returning is something big, and Hart hasn't even been there to get some hype going. Its only commentators talking about him and the occasional Vince mentioning him.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Well yeah I imagine the sites look round each other's pages and pick up certain news stories which they then run them themselves. Also, they'll all have their own sources as well meaning that in the end the majority of stories end up on the majority of sites. With the brett/Vince thing I wouldn't rate it as high as average. I expected a lot higher from the E with it being Brett Hart returning, not just any returning legend.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Well I voted average, because though it hasn't been great it definately wasn't poor. There was no in between, sure its not as big as we would have hoped, but there was a pretty big buildup for him showing up as guest host(BTW I hate the guest host concept and I'm glad it may be coming to an end)and returning to confront Vince. They just messed the story up a lot when they took Bret off TV for a while with a broken leg. I haven't heard anything about whether or not that is really an angle, but I gotta wonder who is that bad of a driver, female or not.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Anybody know when smackdown is taped.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Anybody know when smackdown is taped.
    Um I believe it is done on Tuesdays.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    I use PWMania for when I want wrestling info.

    CamCam,
    I never said you were wrong, about any of your predictions, simply that I disagreed with you and I then went on to outline the reasons why I thought that. Okay?

    I'm intrigued to know what the source is for this claim of a Triple Thread between Orton and Legacy with all the fathers present is. There's still 3 weeks for Mania so I could well be wrong about if this will take place. Just seems to me like maybe someone saw it was the case in the video game and figured that's what they're doing. I could well be wrong.
    But things would have to change within the storyline for the match to take place cause right now it's Legacy united against Orton, with no reason to stab each other in the back.

    I'm betting we're gonna get some sort of last chance match on RAW for that last spot, I'd expect it'll be Kofi who gets in but since we don't even know what form the last qualifying match will take and who'll be in it we're just guessing at the moment.
    I would LOVE for Benjamin to finally pull down the briefcase, he's been a big part of the success of these matches. And cause he's one of the best in the WWE not only at spots but is a good mat wrestler he'd be a perfect choice for a future top tier champion.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I myself don't really like the idea of them doing a triple threat match with all 3 fathers present although it would be great to see all of them at wrestlemania. I think that is just a little too similar to Orton's RTWM in the video game and that would just give more stupid people another argument to bring up in the whole fake vs. not as fake as you think argument.
    MITB: My prediction for Kofi to get the last spot in the match is based around what I read on the news site and my being a fan of his. He has done nothing but entertain and put on good matches since his debut and this may be his year to step up. There was only one qualifying match that Matt Hardy won at the SD taping and SD has 4 entrants to RAW's 3 so that sets up for 1 more and Kofi has not yet been given a match at Mania and he is one of the more popular stars in the WWE right now so he will definately be a part of it in some way.
    Yes SD is taped on Tuesdays right after NXT. They change the ropes to the blue and begin the show.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    I hope Matt wins, ladder matches IS his type of match.

Page 10 of 294 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •