Page 124 of 289 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 7220

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

I'm not quite sure what that choke thing on the announce table is supposed to mean. Are going to base the fued on Kane not liking that Cena talks so much? It's that's the case he should be fueding with half the roster :P
    Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    Didnt expect DB to cash in tonight...
    Ha, never noticed that. Bad initials...
    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    EDIT: RAW was awesome live, Kane beat Cena via DQ after we went off the air. So it looks like it's gonna be a Kane/Cena fued. Philly was booing the hell out of Cena. I'm not even sure if Kane is suppose to be the heel in this.
    They had an extra match at the end that wasn't televised? I'd liked to have seen that.

Also, maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like you see lots of live events. Do you just happen to get lots of events where you live?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Them showing still photos of the in ring action, but actual footage of fan reactions, was very annoying. Even King thought they had the footage for the RKO through the table.

Anyways I don't like Kane going after Cena. I'm not particularly a fan of either wrestler, but it would be far more interesting for him to go after Henry. It would be more clear cut too, instead of being some awkward 50/50 by going after Cena, he would be a great face utilizing the fan reactions and by taking down someone larger than him(who is an obvious heel too.) Not to mention it makes more sense for him to be angry at Henry. What they are doing isn't good writing, it's plain stupid.
    I hope this Kane is neither face nor heel. I hope he just destroys whatever is in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxie View Post
    I hope this Kane is neither face nor heel. I hope he just destroys whatever is in his way.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind that either. But he completely ignored Henry. I was just waiting for him to at least give him chokeslam or something before he moved onto Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Also, maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like you see lots of live events. Do you just happen to get lots of events where you live?
    Yeah. WWE comes to the tri state area(DE,PA,NJ) often, when they do tickets here are only like $5-$20 so it's pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    And I'm sure WWE will get the video taken down soon enough.
    I fail to see how the robber getting caught by the police justifies him robbing the bank in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Like hell i'll buy a DVD of something I can watch for free.
    Well there is the problem, that IS how WWE operates. If they don't get money, we get garbage like the last 10 years of wrestling.

Its easy to say, "I think they make enough money", but the problem is that pirates and supporters of them like yourself are so numerous its amounts to a TON of money.

If a single match was going to make me decide whether or not I'd want to buy a DVD, it'd have to be a lot longer and involve people more important than Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler. I'd understand the complaint if it were the entire show, but it isn't. It's the opening match of a throwaway pay-per-view that'll probably get taken down by YouTube in a week or two. Not a big deal at all.
    If its a "throw-away PPV", then don't support people who are making the product lose EVEN MORE value. Of course no-one will buy a ppv if they've seen half of the material already. Thats why WWE only shows pictures instead of videoclips on the show following the ppv.

And lastly, don't try and pull that stuff "Its just a single match", because the only reason you'd post a lone match is BECAUSE it had value.

Now I'm not trying to make a big deal of this, but I mean, come on, anyone can see this is wrong.

I'm more surprised by the fact that people buy WWE DVD's. Or that they buy the ppv after it already aired on television. Or that they use pictures from the event instead of showing clips. Seriously, the only group that does that still is professional boxing and they should've moved on from that a long time ago.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It does give people who couldn't or can't watch the ppv to see the match. We only recently got sky and I watched matches on YouTube all the time. It was a godsend. I rarely got to see any PPV's and when I did it was at a friends house

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga-
    I fail to see how the robber getting caught by the police justifies him robbing the bank in the first place.
    This would only work if I were trying to justify the practice in the first place, but I’m not. I’m well aware that someone went outside the law to upload the clip to YouTube. Doesn’t mean that I’m going to disallow myself to watch it. Because honestly, if I don’t happen to have $50 to watch a pay-per-view with and I saw a match on it that I wanted to see waiting on YouTube, I’m going to take the opportunity to watch it. Same goes with any other television product. The WWE can look out for itself.

As for everything else, I’ll put aside for now the fact that this is hardly “half the material”, and just say that I’m not interested in getting into a long, drawn out argument about how much this may or may not hurt DVD sales, because in the end no one will know for sure. All I’m really going to say on that front is that if a 10-minute opening match is going to kill DVD sales in any significant way, then WWE has bigger problems with their product than said match being uploaded. I’d be willing to bet money that anyone who would watch the match probably already had their mind made up on whether or not they were going to buy the pay-per-view or the DVD in the first place, as no one in their right mind is going to spend $45 or $20 on a single, ten-minute match.

Now I'm not trying to make a big deal of this, but I mean, come on, anyone can see this is wrong.
    Eh, oh well. If you or anyone else doesn’t approve and doesn’t want to watch, then you’re always free to ignore it. But unless for some reason I have to remove it, the link is staying up there.

If I really wanted to see the pay per view after it aired I would probably watch one of the low card matches on youtube to see a little of what it was like.

WWE flat out blows who wins and who loses after it airs anyway, a big reason for why people shell out the money in the first place. and don't act like they only show pictures of what happened the previous night because they have on occasion shown small video clips.

Defending the WWE for losing money over youtube videos made after a PPV when they are pushing one out every single month for 50 bucks is a little ridiculous.

Also that's $50 a month, that's $600 a year to see John Cena and Randy Orton win for the millionth time. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing againts people how buy the DVD's(Actually I respect them because they support the WWE mney wise) but I personally can't see the reason to buy a PPV/DVD in hopes they make it better the next time. If they really wanted my money, they'd make it better now.

Punk vs Del Rio vs Miz is not something I'd pay money to see. Those are 3 guys that should have never been in a TLC match in the first place, because in reality, all you have is a Indy guy, a MTV star and some fat Mexican. I'm not taking nothing away from any of them but it's just no enough to warrent $50.

Undertaker vs Edge vs Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship. That would be worth $50. Cena vs CM Punk at Money in the Bank was worth $50. The Royal Rumble up untill 2007 was worth $50. Stone Cold vs The Rock is worth $50.

Cena vs The Miz with Rock as the special guest ref is not for the money. Randy Orton vs Mark Henry is not worth the money. Nothing with Del Rio is worth the money.

As a matter a fact, the WWE title shouldn't even be defended in a TLC unless it involes guys like the Hardys, E+C, Mysterio. Hell the WWE title shouldn't be defended in the TLC at all, that's for the tags titles which don't mean **** anymore.

I can't blame you guys for getting frustrated with the ridiculously high prices for these things. $50 is not easy to come by, especially if you're in college, and I can't afford to just throw it out to any meaningless pay-per-view featuring guys I couldn't care less about. I just give WWE my financial support when I feel like they've earned it. And should any of that material from the show just happen to get out where I can access it, well, it's not my problem. Not going to lose sleep over it.

Just out of curiosity and a general suggestion to deal with PPV prices, does anyone have friends who like wrestling? I know someone who watches the product on-off and when there's an event that we both wanna see, we split the costs. As fans since the Attitude era, we both decided we'd split the funds for WrestleMania, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series because we wanted to see The Rock return and Christian win the World title. The build to Money in the Bank was just awesome, and we wanted to see how the story would play out. And paying $20-$25 is a lot better than paying $45.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 22nd December 2011 at 3:30 AM.

Here in the UK we only pay Ł15 to see smaller ppv's and Ł30 for bigger ones like survivor series and summer slam. That's not that much compared to other things

The WWE can look out for itself.
    Not true, a corporations strength is dependent on the people who support it. Do you really think if people didn't have a financial need to depend on banks, that they'd care if a hundred people just ransacked the place and stole everything. Of course not.

Its the same exact thing here, on a smaller scale. If the people who actually enjoy the product don't support it now, the product will have no future and cease to be enjoyment.

As for everything else, I’ll put aside for now the fact that this is hardly “half the material”
    I was referring to how piracy and putting links up LEADS to half the material being taken away, not that the link you put up is literally half the show.

I’d be willing to bet money that anyone who would watch the match probably already had their mind made up on whether or not they were going to buy the pay-per-view or the DVD in the first place, as no one in their right mind is going to spend $45 or $20 on a single, ten-minute match.
    No, becuase...

WWE's work to hype up the PPV= Buys for the PPV
    Actual quality and outcome of the PPV=Buys for the DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    If I really wanted to see the pay per view after it aired I would probably watch one of the low card matches on youtube to see a little of what it was like.
    Which I think WWE should think of doing, putting a low card match online themselves, but until then its illegal.

WWE flat out blows who wins and who loses after it airs anyway, a big reason for why people shell out the money in the first place.
    ....I think everyone realizes they have to continue storylines. And if you've EVER wanted to just see a match from the past, its not like you'll remember who wins what, and thats another thing piracy affects now.

and don't act like they only show pictures of what happened the previous night because they have on occasion shown small video clips.
    And you're point is...? They show like one video clip every 3 ppv's, its not the end of world, considering all they showed was video clips back in the attitude era.

Defending the WWE for losing money over youtube videos made after a PPV when they are pushing one out every single month for 50 bucks is a little ridiculous.
    I think you guys, and particularly Jb(who if I dissected everything I thought was wrong with that post, I'd be here for an hour), are confusing what I'm saying as "you guys should buy every ppv wwe puts out and not look at the internet". Which I'm not, as I've NEVER bought a live ppv, so I'm not talking about quality or if WWE's doing enough to make you want to see a show.

So ALL I'm saying, is that it saddens me that people who would be scared shitless to rob anything from even a wal-mart, jump at the chance to do something illegal online simply becuase "they can".

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Which I think WWE should think of doing, putting a low card match online themselves, but until then its illegal.
    So you think WWE should do it, but because they don't nobody else should?

....I think everyone realizes they have to continue storylines. And if you've EVER wanted to just see a match from the past, its not like you'll remember who wins what, and thats another thing piracy affects now.
    That's really circumstantial as far as who remembers what.

But just days after the pay per view as with the case of Ziggler vs Ryder, again my original statement still stands.

So ALL I'm saying, is that it saddens me that people who would be scared shitless to rob anything from even a wal-mart, jump at the chance to do something illegal online simply becuase "they can".
    again, that's circumstantial and varies from person to person.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 22nd December 2011 at 12:45 PM.

There are certain matches people will remember who won it, regardless of how long ago it was. Such as Goldberg v Nash at Starcade or Hogan-Andre at WMIII or Taker v anyone at WM. Though those are all huge matches with some kind of importance, Goldberg's first WCW loss, Andre getting body slammed for the first time, and the streak respectively. People may not remember who won the traditional Survior Series match at Survior Series 2008. I don't even remember who was involved in them, outside of Orton being the lone Survior in one of them.

As for the piracy thing, should I not watch Botchamania then?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    So you think WWE should do it, but because they don't nobody else should?
    No, I'm saying WWE is flawed in the regard that they should do it but don't, but they are not flawed in the regard that the only reason they have to do it in the first place is piracy.

And I think its FAR different for the company producing the material to ADVERTISE then it is for someone to steal that material and adverstise WHILE detracting from sales.

Now as mentioned before, I'm not trying to act like mr. virtuous, but its not too hard to get a job and buy 1-2 ppv/dvds a year. Hell, last year my brother bought virtually every PPV of the year on DVD, plus special DVDs(Best of WCW, etc.), and thats with college and all other expenses, with plenty of money left over.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    Here in the UK we only pay Ł15 to see smaller ppv's and Ł30 for bigger ones like survivor series and summer slam. That's not that much compared to other things
    Wait what? What provider are you on? I live in Ballynahinch and use SKY, I only have to pay Ł15 to see any PPV whether it be Over the Limit or Wrestlemania.

Really? My mum says that it's more expensive sometimes. Maybe she is just mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    Really? My mum says that it's more expensive sometimes. Maybe she is just mistaken
    Nope they are all Ł15 for me, unless SKY has different rates for different parts of the country *shrugs*

I must ask her about that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga-
    Not true, a corporations strength is dependent on the people who support it. Do you really think if people didn't have a financial need to depend on banks, that they'd care if a hundred people just ransacked the place and stole everything. Of course not.

Its the same exact thing here, on a smaller scale. If the people who actually enjoy the product don't support it now, the product will have no future and cease to be enjoyment.
    This is all very nice, but I don’t recall ever saying otherwise. “The WWE can look out for itself” means that they’re fully capable of taking down videos and protecting their material. They’ve, along with many other forms of media, have been dealing with it for years, while still being able to continue with their product, so I’m not really going to lose any sleep over watching a YouTube video depicting a match - especially if I’ve already bought the pay-per-view in the first place. At this stage, they should be aware of it and know how to deal with it accordingly.

And honestly, I support the company when I can and when I feel that they’ve deserved it, and I believe that many fans also do. Obviously there are always going to be pirates, but I’ve never seen anything that would indicate that that’s seriously hurt them or their ability to produce pay-per-views before in the many years that Internet piracy has been around. And I still frankly find it difficult to believe that posting one video in this thread, which may have about seven or eight active contributors at a time, is going to affect TLC in any significant way.

Is it wrong for people to pirate that material? Sure. He or she went outside the law and uploaded the match. Not really arguing that. Do I care? As callous as this may sound, not really.

Smackdown was pretty boring.

Man, I haven't seen the WWE in quite a long time. I stopped watching around March, and I was really enjoying the Cena/Rock (ft. The Miz) feud, but then I started watching baseball instead. I actually felt they were improving the show quality at the time. Has it gotten better? I wanna get back into it, but I wanted to know what y'all think of it right now.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Man, I haven't seen the WWE in quite a long time. I stopped watching around March, and I was really enjoying the Cena/Rock (ft. The Miz) feud, but then I started watching baseball instead. I actually felt they were improving the show quality at the time. Has it gotten better? I wanna get back into it, but I wanted to know what y'all think of it right now.
    Its pretty good the show itself has improved a little bit compared to last year i guess
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

Though it has declined since summer. You should go back and watch RAWs from June on.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Page 124 of 289 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast