Page 15 of 289 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkimania View Post
    For my victors I'll go with
    Jericho
    Brett
    Undertaker
    Cena
    Triple H
    Orton
    CM Punk
    And for MitB I'll go with Jack Swagger
    That was pretty much my win list too, expect I'm rooting for Batista, Jericho's match is gonna end with a spear with Edge winning the championship, and I see Kofi winning the MitB

Honestly, it hasn't been any good since 2002.

After all this talk about the matches for WM26, we have forgotten to mention one match (probably cuz none of us even care)

Unified Tag Team Championship
    The Big Show and The Miz (c) vs. R-Truth and John Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by firestar319 View Post
    After all this talk about the matches for WM26, we have forgotten to mention one match (probably cuz none of us even care)

Unified Tag Team Championship
    The Big Show and The Miz (c) vs. R-Truth and John Morrison

Oh yeah... had this on my list somewhere but it got lost.

1) I really couldn't care less - WWE doesn't have a tag division, although frankly I don't always see that as a problem.
    2) ShowMiz for the win, likely from the closed fist of Big Show (btw isn't the referee supposed to DQ people for using closed fists?).

New match that's just been announced:

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero.
    5 on 5 Tag Team match.
    Er, for what it's worth I'll pick the faces.

I have two questions for the WWE on this match:
    1) Why didn't you pick the best face Diva and have her challenge Michelle McCool? Michelle is definitely the best, technically, of the WWE Divas on roster right now, I think finding her an opponent who could hang in there with her for 5-10 minutes would have been a good way to fly the Diva flag in a serious way rather then "as eye-candy" match.
    2) Vickie and Mickie (who's still recovering from surgery)... are you guys nuts?! Mickie won't be able to keep up, and the less said about Vickie the better.

I would like to see JBL and JR back at Mania, have missed JR (since he's good and his absence has forced Todd on us)and JBL was great on the mic.

And I hope to have the PPV end without me feeling I've wasted my money...

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post

Oh yeah... had this on my list somewhere but it got lost.

1) I really couldn't care less - WWE doesn't have a tag division, although frankly I don't always see that as a problem.
    2) ShowMiz for the win, likely from the closed fist of Big Show (btw isn't the referee supposed to DQ people for using closed fists?).

1. Yeah it sucks that there is no tag team division like it was in the 'ol days (Edge and Christian, The Hardyz, The dudleys, etc)
    2. Rooting for ShowMiz too, although I just don't like seeing The Miz with 3 belts.

New match that's just been announced:

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero.
    5 on 5 Tag Team match.
    Er, for what it's worth I'll pick the faces.
    I figured something like this would happen. I'm not that hyped for it.

I have two questions for the WWE on this match:
    1) Why didn't you pick the best face Diva and have her challenge Michelle McCool? Michelle is definitely the best, technically, of the WWE Divas on roster right now, I think finding her an opponent who could hang in there with her for 5-10 minutes would have been a good way to fly the Diva flag in a serious way rather then "as eye-candy" match.
    2) Vickie and Mickie (who's still recovering from surgery)... are you guys nuts?! Mickie won't be able to keep up, and the less said about Vickie the better.
    1. I don't think, currently now, there is a Diva that could hang with Michelle and give 5-10 minutes in a star quality match. WWE is just screwing up the Women's Division.
    2. Yeah Mickie's gonna be struggling to keep up with all of them. And lets not talk about Vickie. I can't stand her.

I would like to see JBL and JR back at Mania, have missed JR (since he's good and his absence has forced Todd on us)and JBL was great on the mic.
    I love J.R. as a commentator. It'd be really cool to see him back again. And how come we haven't seen JBL? Where's he been?

And I hope to have the PPV end without me feeling I've wasted my money...
    You're going to WM or just watching PPV?

And how come we haven't seen JBL? Where's he been?
    Retired/released.

As for JR, he said on his blog that his goal was to make it back for Mania. We'll have to wait and see. I hope he does. Michael Cole isn't bad, but JR is just JR.

1. Yeah it sucks that there is no tag team division like it was in the 'ol days (Edge and Christian, The Hardyz, The dudleys, etc)
    2. Rooting for ShowMiz too, although I just don't like seeing The Miz with 3 belts.
    1] I dunno. Some people say the fact the WWE doesn't have a tag division will hurt them in the long run, but I don't think the WWE has really taken tag team wrestling seriously for years anyway.
    Their main strength is more 1 on 1 matches, or even multiple people matches that aren't tags. And if they can keep that going the lack of a tag division pry won't hurt them much.
    2] Momentum definitely favours ShowMiz. And I don't want to see Morrison back in the tag division, he should be being positioned as a future champion.

I figured something like this would happen. I'm not that hyped for it.
    It's sad.

1. I don't think, currently now, there is a Diva that could hang with Michelle and give 5-10 minutes in a star quality match. WWE is just screwing up the Women's Division.
    2. Yeah Mickie's gonna be struggling to keep up with all of them. And lets not talk about Vickie. I can't stand her.
    1] Well since we don't see the Divas on either show wrestle that much it's hard to tell who could hang with Michelle. Gail Kim might be able to, and when Mickie's 100% she's up there too, Maryse has her moments, Beth is (just like Cena) all power - been too long since I saw the others wrestle seriously to judge them. But yeah the WWE has treated the Divas as little more then eye-candy for far too long.
    2] Mickie might get involved in the finish but I can't see her doing much with that bad 'wheel' - I mean if you can't take part in a company golf round/game then you can't wrestle.
    I'm impressed that Vickie has created such a horrid character, but I'm so sick of seeing it cause ever since she turned heel she's played the same character exactly the same way... It does get on your nerves after a while. And she's far from being in any kind of shape to set foot in the ring as a competitor.

I love J.R. as a commentator. It'd be really cool to see him back again. And how come we haven't seen JBL? Where's he been?
    JR's good at telling a story of what's going on, and he really does sound convincing.
    JBL was released, I'd like to see him invited back for colour commentary every now and then, cause he was a true commentating... God! (lol sorry couldn't resist).
    Commentary team I'd like to see: "Good ol'" JR, Jerry "The King" Lawyer, John Bradshaw Layfield, and (maybe) Matt Striker.

You're going to WM or just watching PPV?
    Just gonna watch it. I live in Aust so it's not really practical to go see it live.
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 28th March 2010 at 4:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkimania View Post
    For my victors I'll go with
    Jericho
    Brett
    Undertaker
    Cena
    Triple H
    Orton
    CM Punk
    And for MitB I'll go with Jack Swagger
    lol you were right about every single one, except that Mysterio defeated CM Punk

wow. Good thing I didn't buy this. What a complete disappointment...

Also, Vickie Guerreo's team won the tag match and ShowMiz retains the Tag team titles.

Why the hell did cena win.....and i told ya'll that Jericho was going to win just cause Edge won the rumble doesn't mean anything.

Aleast they got the man event right this year, best match on card, and what class from Taker at the end, good job, props.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDance View Post
    wow. Good thing I didn't buy this. What a complete disappointment...
    Must disagree.

I bought Mania 25 and only Undertaker vs Michaels stopped me thinking I'd totally wasted my money - as every other match didn't quite come off or had the wrong winner.

But this year so many matches came off much better, in fact most of them at least came off well without being stunning and a couple where a lot better then I expected, and there was less time wasting.

I'm not sure if WWE would suck more. I mean, they have NXT airing and some of their matches were entertaining, but not as good as any random 5 star tag team matches in TNA.

Well, for me, MitB was very average. Also, Swagger taking as long as he did to get the briefcase completely killed the finish for me

The tag match was decent, and had a good finish, but was way too short.

The triple threat was 100% predictable, except maybe for Orton bringing back the punt

Trips vs. Sheamus was boring, and should have had Sheamus win.

Cena vs. Batista was, well... Cena vs. Batista. My expectations for that were already low.

The other two could have been so much better than what they actually were.

Anybody else Undertaker kickass ring atier yesterday? I hope he wears it to raw tonight or smackdown

Well, for me, MitB was very average. Also, Swagger taking as long as he did to get the briefcase completely killed the finish for me
    It was a solid match and I thought it was more enjoyable then last year's which never clicked for me.

The tag match was decent, and had a good finish, but was way too short.
    The tag match was actually pretty good, given how the tag-titles have have been handled lately.

The triple threat was 100% predictable, except maybe for Orton bringing back the punt
    And Randy being the winner wrecks the match how?
    The performances from all three men were definitely solid and the story they told worked very well.

Trips vs. Sheamus was boring, and should have had Sheamus win.
    Er did we watch the same match?
    It was a great match, wonderful back and forth wrestling from two guys who're more renowned as brawlers. Sure Sheamus didn't win but he proved he's up there with the very best.

Cena vs. Batista was, well... Cena vs. Batista. My expectations for that were already low.
    I was actually surprised with this one, I think it was better then most of us would have expected - but yeah it was a weaker match.

The other two could have been so much better than what they actually were.
    Er which 2 of the other 4 you haven't commented on?

Punk vs Mysterio was the dark horse of the night for me, turned out a lot better then I expected it would.

The Divas tag-team match was... well exactly what I expected of it.

Edge vs Jericho was a pretty good match, perhaps not a classic but definitely a lot better then a lot of title matches I've seen before.

Undertaker vs HBK was another classic. I think it was just as good as the first one, sure it had a slowish start but that's exactly how the first one got going. What made them both great was the talent of the two men, especially once it got to the "near-fall after near-fall" stage.

I'm really gonna miss Shawn Michaels. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. That farewell speech of his was really moving...

If yall didnt see the end of the taker vs shawn here it is, watch it now before wwe takes it down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-3QT...eature=related

If yall didnt see the end of the taker vs shawn here it is, watch it now before wwe takes it down

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post

Now that's sportsmanship. I expected nothing less

God I hate Cena he's had the title too much. I knew edge would have lost for some reason. I see the hart dynasty being the next tag champs after what happened on Raw tonight.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

One thing's for sure, the WWE is currently a much better product than TNA. A much more coherent product. While TNA may have better matches, they're mostly random or end up leading back in a loop. Momentum is lost nonsensically and the promos are garbage for the most part (not to mention the constant face/heel turns and so on). Random assaults 85% of the time are very tedious and the immense time spent on segments is pretty bad. Bischoff is obnoxious and having him on most of the show is unnecessary as much as seeing Hogan and Flair tumble around.
    Whilst the WWE isn't perfect and somethings are very annoying, it's far more engaging in my opinion.

I just want to be sure about something: Is Randy Orton a face now? IT just seems like it to me since the crowd was behind him WM and he teamed up with Cena on RAW last night and they didn't try to kill each other.

Bye bye Shawn I'll miss you ):
    Part of Team Uwa
    Soul Silver FC: 0002 5626 8447

I am pretty sure that Orton is in fact a face now. Shame, he was an amazing heel. And once again we are left with fewer good faces. Outside of Sheamus, Punk, and Jericho there really aren't any good heels. I don't think ShowMiz are good heels nor do I think Batista is an amazing heel. Orton and Edge and HHH are great heels, but now they are faces. Maybe HHH could get drafted to SD and turn heel and go after Undertaker for ending HBK's career. Here's hoping. Oh, and Drew McIntyre is a pretty good heel.
    Currently looking for a HG Kyogre. PM if you have an extra you wouldn't mind getting rid of.
    Diamond FC:1720 5047 3515
    SoulSilver FC: 4813 1848 8050
    Black FC: 1077 0038 7512
    I can breed for egg moves. Mostly gen. IV for now, but some gen.V. I'll be able to do more gen.V eventually.

Page 15 of 289 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast