Page 150 of 298 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 7443

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Ted dibiase's is on the bad-list.....uhhh, what?! I agree it doesn't fit his newer "gimmick", but come on, its one of the best new themes there is. Considering its made with the same guy who made otunga's music, I see no reason to like one and hate the other.

And actually, my opinion was like yours a while ago, but I pretty much realized it...wrong quite frankly.

I mean, today is exactly like it was before, the higher you are on the card(or expectation-wise if you are sin cara or drew mcintyre), the better the theme that you get. Does tyler reks have memorable music, no. Does hunico have memorable music...no, but its better then reks'. Does ziggler have memorable music? Yes, but yet its still not on the level of cena's music.

Add to that, you're list is very....subjective. I mean really, steve blackman, william regal, and lita had memorable songs?

And then many times, its a case like chris benoit, where the song isn't really that good, but you recogize the guitar riff because he's showing up more. I could see tyson kidd's current music as being the same if he was shown prominently.

So bottom line is, yes themes help, BUT you have to keep in mind two things.

1.The same guy still makes 80% of the themes(jim johnston), so its not like he just became unmotivated, but how are you going to make songs with as much character, when 3/4 of the roster has half the character they had before?

2.Money. Jim johnston is as talented as they come, but when WWE can't get big name stars like they used to, or even people who aren't stars seemingly, there is only so much he can do.
    ----------------------------------

okay i get steve blackman was pushing it too far, but i still remember his from my mind since head cheese was probably one of the funniest things I ever saw in WWE. Plus yeah the higher you are on the card the better thems, but at least someone whose being pegged as the future, i.e. Drew has an awesome theme, so it can go to anybody really. I put Lita and William on the list because people still know who they are, albeit that Lita retired from wwe 6 years ago only, but will still know them although the crowds suck 9/10 of the time it doesn't matter. I'm not taking anything away from Jim too, I know he's the one whose done the music for them for about the last 15-20 years. His music is still great, but in that time he was making music for characters, but now no one is special and standing out from one another it is hard to give these guys something to fit. Yeah, money is one thing. But I think vince could get away with not paying guys, I mean look at ICP they did the Oddities music and stuff for their duration and even made the appearances, but vince apparently never paid them as they had an agreement that vince/management never fulfilled.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Lita's music not memorable? Were we listening to the same music?

My favourite current music is Miz's, I mark like a 12 year old Cena fan the second I hear the "AWESOME!".
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJWibrso1YY

This generic emo song? The intro I'll give you...kind of....but because of the fact that its different then the rest of the song moreso than its actually a great intro.

@celestial phatom-Believe me, I am in no way denying steve blackman's greatness. He was probably my first favorite wrestler ever, and his and shane mcmahon's hardcore match was legendary in my books. And I do like his music, it just could have been more intersting.
    ----------------------------------

John Cena, Punk, Edge, Randy Orton, Otunga, Dolph, Daniel Bryan (flight of the valkyries is probably the most amazing theme we've had in a long time), Rhodes, Drew, Ryder, AJ, Sin Cara, Sheamus, Santino, Beth, R-truth, and Brodus Clay.
    Cena-current song isn't anywhere as near good as his old one, people just remember it because they hear it 2 or 3 times a show.
    Orton-I like Voices, but I wish he still had "Burn in My Light"
    AJ-I don't watch Smackdown often enough, but she has a theme?
    Beth-I might know it if I heard it, but you never do, since she's never on TV

And you left off Swagger's and Miz's? Really? Really? Really?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJWibrso1YY

This generic emo song? The intro I'll give you...kind of....but because of the fact that its different then the rest of the song moreso than its actually a great intro.
    The intro is the most important part it's what makes you sit up and pay attention, like the glass shattering of Austin, "IF YA SMALL!!!" of the Rock, Takers dong etc.
    My Anime List

First thing i thought of when i saw this talk of music, was Reys old Entrance. You all know the one where he jumped out of the floor, right? that was way better than his current music and him just walking out like he does now.

Cryme Tymes theme Comes to mind second, shame they never did very well. Still wish they would do something with JTG thats on Smackdown instead of Superstars, but then i also wish Carlito would come back to WWE so what do i know.

The Hardys has an awesome theme, who didn't get pumped when they came out? Mr. Perfect probably had one of the best themes ever, it was just greatness.

And we can't forget the Road Dogg.

Road Dogg's was always epic. The guy did his own entrance too. They should have done the slammy's in a smark town and then we would have had the crowd rioting I bet. Entrances were so damn epic that the crowds came to get into the action just for it along side the actual wrestlers. Remember when Punk came back using Cult of Personality? People who saw him on the indies knew it was him, and honestly I like it over his previous theme since it fit what angle he was going for. The music should fit the superstar's persona and unfortuanetly there's not enough of that. I should have included Jack's because it works for him, but I'm iffy on the miz. Also, Ted's music is okay but it sounds to me like spoiled rich kid trying to be street with the auto-tune for some reason. But, at this point I don't see him using anything else since this fits.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Despite what I said about HHH, when was the last Hell in Cell at WM? I'm thinking Bossman vs Taker but I'm sure there was one more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    They really need to give some of the guys overhauls to their entrance themes. It's one part that gives the audience a reason to care and mark out for them in returns. They each need their own individual thing going for their persona's, but even wwe manages to screw that up.

Let's see how many people had such amazing entrance music that it playing gave people a reason to cheer at any point in history from 10 years or more ago:

The Rock, HBK, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Too Cool, Hardy's, APA, The Dudley's, Undertaker, Kane, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Mcmahon, Shane Mchmahon, Billy Gunn & Road Dogg respectivly, HHH, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Trish Stratus, Lita, Sable, Al Snow, Steve Blackman, William Regal, Booker T, Goldust ...etc.

Now vs. today

John Cena, Punk, Edge, Randy Orton, Otunga, Dolph, Daniel Bryan (flight of the valkyries is probably the most amazing theme we've had in a long time), Rhodes, Drew, Ryder, AJ, Sin Cara, Sheamus, Santino, Beth, R-truth, and Brodus Clay.

I'm just looking at what made each of these people just individuals and stood out from other guys on the roster. It's also given the people an alert as to when they boo or cheer people for the next match. So many guys need an overhaul in their characters/music it's not even funny.

Heath Slater = the one man rock band and he gets...country music for his?
    Gabriel = generic music we probably haven't heard being around since the 90s?
    Jinder Mahal = Angry man coming out to the serene sitar
    Ted Dibiase = I don't get how people cheer for him with his current music.
    Wade = WWE had good music for him, but thought it sucked, and gave him worse music.
    Most of the Diva's = what in the hell are your themes for?

Lack of character's isn't the only thing hurting the wwe roster in terms of stars, since the music will help set the tone for the audience to get in the match. If it's boring then the audience will have no interest until a high spot. If it sounds horrible, then no one will care about who comes out to it. Entrance music helps make the star right behind mic skills, wrestling skills, and their overall gimmick. It all needs to fit.
    Rhodes entrance is awesome. The song itself it decent, but the start of it with his hooded entrance attire works really well.

Speaking of theme music's I always love William Regal's heel theme, not the proper one with the trumpets, the villain theme he had...still has it actually whenever he comes on TV. It always made him feel so serious. Great heel theme.

Some peoples themes get better when they change and some get worse. I personally always preferred Edge's old Rob Zombie theme compared to his Rater R superstar one. Randy Orton's themes have always kind of fit his character actually. Anyone remember Hollywood heel Rock's theme from 2003? It love how long it is. I really fit the character he was going as.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 24th February 2012 at 9:39 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

After re-watching Raw again, it's really sad to see how far The Miz has fallen in terms of his ring ability. After injuring R Truth the other week on RAW and generally sucking in the ring, this week he followed it up throwing Kofi back into the ring during a battle royal. I mean come on he was on the outside as well. The bloke is a liability as things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Despite what I said about HHH, when was the last Hell in Cell at WM? I'm thinking Bossman vs Taker but I'm sure there was one more recent.
    No, Undertaker vs. Bossman was the only one. And it sucked, badly.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 24th February 2012 at 6:06 PM.

Originally Posted by Wilkimania
    After re-watching Raw again, it's really sad to see how far The Miz has fallen in terms of his ring ability. After injuring R Truth the other week on RAW and generally sucking in the ring, this week he followed it up throwing Kofi back into the ring during a battle royal. I mean come on he was on the outside as well. The bloke is a liability as things stand.
    Yeah it's sad to see his in-ring ability escape him. He wasn't the best, but you tell that he's greatly improved since his debut, and then from his time in ECW. He's made leaps and bounds on that I think. But, I don't think we should knock him on that. I can't remember if Kofi lasted longer than Miz, but for all we might know, Kofi was meant to be in-ring or something and ended up on the outside, and having miz make that mistake was on purpose. It didn't seem like it affected the match, otherwise the guys would have wondered why he did that. Now its noticable when something goes wrong in a battle royal/rumble. I'm talking, of course, last year's rumble when Alex Riley botched his own time in the rumble, and fell out before he should have. You could tell Cena and so one else was wondering why Riley was on the outside. No one gave Miz that look so I think that was on purpose.

I'm thinking Miz is messing up on purpose so he can go back to the MTV RW/RR Challenges.

Im confused about the Main event of Smackdown. If CM Punk is Raw and Daniel Bryan is Smackdown, then why did Long Raise Punks hand and John L raise Bryans?

I mean even if Bryan is a Heel, Long Should still support his Superstar, same with John L and Punk.
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 25th February 2012 at 4:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    I'm thinking Miz is messing up on purpose so he can go back to the MTV RW/RR Challenges.

Im confused about the Main event of Smackdown. If CM Punk is Raw and Daniel Bryan is Smackdown, then why did Long Raise Punks hand and John L raise Bryans?

I mean even if Bryan is a Heel, Long Should still support his Superstar, same with John L and Punk.
    Nah heel/face affiliation is stronger than brand affiliation. Especially with Punk and Johnny who hate eachother. Plus every Raw show these days is a crossover show anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post

It's not Smackdown Vs. RAW though, it's Laurinaitis Vs. Long, so it's only natural that the faces, regardless of brand (since it is about control of both shows) side with Long, and the heels with Laurinaitis.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Nah heel/face affiliation is stronger than brand affiliation. Especially with Punk and Johnny who hate eachother. Plus every Raw show these days is a crossover show anyways.
    Pretty much this. It's always heel vs face most of the time and with Johnny and Punk being enemies it makes more sense.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't think miz is messing up on purpose. Sure he's been slipping, and then you have the r-truth thing not helping him. But, you can't say he had an amazing showing in the EC. If you saw it then you would have seen that he looked like he wanted to be in there for the title. Also, he match against Sheamus too. He looked like he was trying his all in that match and was just being the miz. I don't think he's doing anything to get released or anything and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Also, I read that at a live event in Honduras, Drew got a new gimmick as an arrogant playboy, unfortunately he's getting the orlando jordan treatment with it though, and I'll leave that for you to research if you don't know who orlando jordan is. I honestly hope this is not the case, and I refuse to believe this until I see it on tv.

Did anyone else see Mick Foley on Sky Sports News? It was freaking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    I don't think miz is messing up on purpose. Sure he's been slipping, and then you have the r-truth thing not helping him. But, you can't say he had an amazing showing in the EC. If you saw it then you would have seen that he looked like he wanted to be in there for the title. Also, he match against Sheamus too. He looked like he was trying his all in that match and was just being the miz. I don't think he's doing anything to get released or anything and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Also, I read that at a live event in Honduras, Drew got a new gimmick as an arrogant playboy, unfortunately he's getting the orlando jordan treatment with it though, and I'll leave that for you to research if you don't know who orlando jordan is. I honestly hope this is not the case, and I refuse to believe this until I see it on tv.
    Yeah I heard about this. WWE creativity ladies and gentlemen. This is seriously worse than his losing gimmick.(Which is still going on apparently, he lost to Ezekiel "jobber" Jackson.)

well i'm watching raw at this time, and have to say it's been really interesting. But, can anyone else say it with me how much of a clusterf**k this show has been? Honestly, it's interesting, but too much is a bad thing. The triple threat tag team title match was interesting, but they should have waited for primo/epico to get over then the match would have been more interesting. But, at least it's been a change up from the mundane raw shows from the last 2 years so, change is a good thing.

so now raw is 15 minutes over its time, and cenas just coming out to see Rock. That means its going to go even more over its time.

If this Segment is the highest viewed of the whole show, its because of the people expecting White Collar.

Do they seriously need , what i expect to be, a 45 minute segment between the two? All they are Saying is stuff we have already heard from them for the past year.

I think I felt my childhood die with that ending segment. Seriously, Rock? I was rooting for you the whole year, but damn, that was awful. Seriously awful. Cena KILLED Rock tonight and there's no real way around that. Dammit.

Page 150 of 298 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast