Page 151 of 300 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 7496

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I think I felt my childhood die with that ending segment. Seriously, Rock? I was rooting for you the whole year, but damn, that was awful. Seriously awful. Cena KILLED Rock tonight and there's no real way around that. Dammit.
    ...I...don't even ... did we watch the same show? Cena killed the rock?!

Lets see, crowd reacts literally 8x more than the rest of the show for 15 minutes straight, cena comes in and crowd boo's a little bit, leaves, and then the crowd roars again for the rock to close the show.

I must have missed cena's hidden promo or something.
    ----------------------------------

Rock's promo, before Cena showed up, was long, boring, and rambling, focused more towards towards getting things to trend and getting the audience to chant things. I'll respect him for his charisma and ability to control a crowd, but it made for some awful television. And that comes from someone who's been dying to hear what Rock had to say ever since Cena went off on him last week.

Even with the fans on his side, Rock looked so lost after Cena finished his speech it was embarrassing. That bit at the end came across as nothing but a desperate attempt to save face. His best material was "Kung Pow *****!" Come on. I'll give Rock points for still managing to keep the fans on his side and for (half-heartedly) answering some of the criticisms about him, but that's about it. Everything else about that promo, that I've waiting months for, was awful.

Agreed, rock's promo wasn't as good as cena coming in and telling him the truth. He still has the charisma and fans, but cena's short promo was better just like it was last week. And take into the fact that he didn't need 15 minutes for himself, that was just sad. I'm with you charizardfan, i've been supporting the rock all year, but well cena's just been owning him. This show was so much of a clusterf**k though it reminded me of the old days during the attitude era though at the beginning, where everyone wanted in somewhere on the show, then KANE comes in doing his old I beat you up and leave thing.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...97230605_n.jpg

He really DID have notes on his wrist. lol
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

A lot of GOOD those would do seeing as it only looks like it could be 4 lines. But i'm thinking it's a tattoo and not notes, nice try though.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Hey, it could be in Samoan for all we know. lol And it's notes, not the promo
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

I like the Rock, but all i got out of his return were half baked insults and stupid trending nonsense. not to mention the excessive crowd pandering.

Not like Cena was that great either, but when Rock looks bad in comparison something is definitely off. as for the crowd being behind Rock, he was clearly getting a lot of boos when he tried to answer the criticism about his absence from the show.

Kind of wish Paul Bearer and Kane were involved in the whole Taker storyline, if this is to really be his last Wrestlemania.

On a positive note, it seems like there's been less staredowns/worshipping of the Wrestlemania sign hung above the ring compared to last year.

RAW was...I don't really know. Chris Jericho and CM Punks segment was good more or less. I kinda expected more but it wasn't as bad as the main events promo. Still looking forward to Punk vs Jericho. Punk sure did stumble on his lines a bit. It happens, we're only human.

Why is Eve still getting screentime? Her coming out to the ring was pointless and boring. She gets more screentime then Beth Phoenix, that's for sure.

I liked the Tag title match being triple threat and when the champs retained Kane came out and destroyed everyone for no reason at all. At first I thought Kane was going to come out with a partner to make it a four way battle for the tag belts. Maybe he can team with Miz who's basically become a big jobber along with Mark Henry. Two guys who had big pushes dropped, especially Mark Henry. Where is that monster world heavyweight champion heel that dominated Smackdown in late 2011?

No Triple H and Undertaker in person this week, but HBK is coming back again next week so I guess we'll at least see Triple H next week again. Hope taker will appear too. We need those three guys in the ring again.

Still no Brodus Clay again, and Punk and Bryan have yet another match to fuel the GM heat. And since there is nothing else to talk about other then a possible Kelly Kelly vs Eve match, I'll dive right into Cena and Rock. Rock's segment tonight was not good. I was very disappointed because I thought he was going to destroy Cena on the mike...he really didn't. The crowd was still behind him but really Cena saved that segment. I was very disappointed after Cena's rant segment last week, this was a poor follow up. Oh well maybe next time.

Seriously why does Eve still get screen time?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Because eve is the only current diva who can actually cut a promo with any emotion.

I really can't believe people are ripping on tonights raw. It was by FAR the best we've seen in months. We got two PHENOMENAL promos, a few good matchs, a great match, almost every storyline progressed, etc.

I still don't get why people think Cena "destroyed" rock with that promo. Its MORE then obvious they are having rock being toned down, simply to make cena's "arguement"(you know, the same one he's done in 8 promos already) seem like anything.

I just don't see any problem with rock being 10 times more entertaining for 20 minutes, then to have a funkasaurus squash match for no reason, obviously the crowd agrees with me.

Why the **** is Mark Henry still vsing the Big Show? I ramdomly caught a rerun of SD! on tv and they're STILL at it. Give it a rest already, it's starting to fell like Christian vs Orton for 4 month, except that they can actually wrestle.

Well I actually liked Eve's segment especially Cole and Lawler's commentary right after it. and Raw was good in general aside from Rock's promo. he wasn't so much toned down as he was just disappointing. It was entertaining but a letdown for everyone who expected Rock to actually "bring it"
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 28th February 2012 at 9:09 PM.

Rock wasn't "toned down" he stumbled through the promo at times, but I'm not going to bash him on it since he doesn't appear on live tv each week, so he's probably out of practice again with his promos, what with all the movies he does. Cena has just upped his game to match the rock's. The only thing Cena has had since he debuted really was his promo skills. They are great and have flashes of brilliance with a quick wit at times, but they do get repetitive. However, he's been making it seem interesting. I will question why eve is getting so much screen time, especially when her acting is horrible. Sure emotion is good, but overacting is not, and if that's how she will normally "act" then I'm through with her at this point. I was hoping that she would cause a Cena heel turn in some way, but I don't see that happening after the hoeski thing. Give beth tv time again WWE and let her show her dominance. Kane with a tag partner? Hm looking back, Undertaker, Show, and RVD are the only ones I ever recall him being successful as a team. Him plus Henry would be sweet, but that kind of dominance would mean no-one would ever get those belts unless they were maineventers.

I don't think Rock was toned down either, his promo just wasn't good. And if they did tone him down, the promo still wasn't good. Cena's in the lead promo wise, and I can't believe I just said that. As far as Beth goes for being put on TV, I'm not a fan of hers so I really don't care if she appears or not but if your going to have Divas out you should at least put her out there with them in some shape or form, even if its to have her and Natalya run around the ring during a divas match for no reason at all...that still makes me laugh.

That's a cool idea of having Kane and Mark Henry as a team to at least do something with them. And it is possible for guys who aren't maineventers to beat either of them. Kane has put over a lot of guys before they became even close to main event status. Dolph Ziggler is one of them too. Anyone remember that team La Resistance? Kane jobbed for those guys quite a bit with RVD, which was leading up to his unmasking but still. But if they do have Kane and Mark Henry as a team they should get a long team title run as heel monsters.

If anything, I think that Kane and Big Show should of teamed up.

Had a very long post typed up, but whatever. I'll just say this:

Last night was The Rock's opportunity to finally respond to the criticisms he's received from wrestlers and fans alike ever since he returned. He had an entire show advertised around that fact and the crowd completely behind him. He blew it, and Cena walked all over him. I don't agree with Cena's argument, I never did and still don't, but he presented his case last night a lot better than Rock did. And for any Rock fan, that really has to sting.

Whether that was by design or not, I don't know, but that's certainly how it came off to me and the guys I was watching Raw with (both of whom HATE Cena with a passion, but love Rock).

And on a final note, the notes thing was obviously set up. I've never known Rock to use them, and even if he did they wouldn't have had Cena use it without him knowing that it was coming. So maybe there is a point to the idea that Rock is being told to tone himself down. I really doubt it, but you never know.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 29th February 2012 at 2:04 AM.

Show and Kane have teamed what twice before now, and have been successful. I think that a third run maybe something good, but either show has to turn heel, or kane face for that to work. I really think Kane should just go around destroying people in whatever shape or form for the moment. I haven't seen it pretty much for 10 years so until my nostalgia runs out, I'm cool with him chokeslamming whoever. Maybe Kane should be a one man team and challenge epico/primo for the titles and defend both all by himself if that's the point he was trying to get across. If not, then maybe Kane should get a successor to the embrace the hate montra once he's gone, and introduce an apprentice as you will. I doubt anyone could fill that role though.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Show and Kane have teamed what twice before now, and have been successful. I think that a third run maybe something good, but either show has to turn heel, or kane face for that to work. I really think Kane should just go around destroying people in whatever shape or form for the moment. I haven't seen it pretty much for 10 years so until my nostalgia runs out, I'm cool with him chokeslamming whoever. Maybe Kane should be a one man team and challenge epico/primo for the titles and defend both all by himself if that's the point he was trying to get across. If not, then maybe Kane should get a successor to the embrace the hate montra once he's gone, and introduce an apprentice as you will. I doubt anyone could fill that role though.
    Get Brodus Clay to embrace the hate. A heel with his type of gimmick would be enjoyable.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Best in the World
    Jericho and Punk continue to steal the show despite booking severely undermining their efforts. The promo was fantastic as was Jericho's completion of the segment, hope we see him using the proper/more-brutal version of the Walls all through this feud.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan
    Too bad the match became all about the GMs again, those two can really turn it on for us.
    Surprised by how effectively they've turn Bryan heel but then he's very good at it, especially when he ducks out of the ring the way he does.

Tag Titles and Embrace the Hate
    Finally! Someone's clicked that they can put on a good match that goes the distance before letting the monster heel march in and lay waste to virtually everyone.
    Ziggler and Kofi continue to prove they're two of the best in the company right now - Ziggler all round, Kofi in ring.

Promo for Taker vs HHH at Mania III
    These promos are starting to bug me - get them out there cutting promos or wrestling warm up matches, since neither has really been in action since last year.

Cena vs Miz
    Miz must be seriously in the doghouse to be fed to Cena like this and be on the recieving end of a story line like this. Such a shame since he's easily one of the best heels in the company.

Sheamus and Big Show vs Henry and Cody Rhodes.
    Sadly only really served to push the Show vs Rhodes feud and build on Sheamus' momentum.
    I find myself liking Cody's work more and more as he begins to cement his status as an upper mid-carder. No doubt the mask gimmick held him back for over a year. This gimmick really seems to fit him and bring out his best attributes while his ring work matures wonderfully.

Eve.
    Eve's section was easily better than last week's, not that that'd be hard. I'm still disgusted with WWE continuing to try to make the crowd cheer Cena by doing their best to make him out to be the hero.

Rock promo with interruption from Cena
    Yawn... next.
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 29th February 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Get Brodus Clay to embrace the hate. A heel with his type of gimmick would be enjoyable.

woot21 out dawgs
    At this point I'll be shocked if Brodus Clay even gets on TV again. The Funkasaurus was fun little gimmick regardless how painfully short it was.

Origianlly Posted by Night_Walker
    Cena vs Miz
    Miz must be seriously in the doghouse to be fed to Cena like this and be on the recieving end of a story line like this. Such a shame since he's easily one of the best heels in the company.
    I don't think Miz really is too much in the doghouse here. If he were in the doghouse then they would have de-railed him and have tossed him into the undercard all together like what happened with HHH for the MSG incident. Alright, so HHH offense was way worse than the miz, but think about what the Miz has done recently. Except for a short period, he's still been in the upper crust of the mid-card and main event scene. He had an impressive showing at the rumble, with only cody's showing being slightly better. He was impressive in the EC and has shown his passion in the ring that he wants to be here in the E'. He has been booked strongly this last week against Sheamus and Cena, two guys who will be part of one of the most stacked cards in mania history in 4 weeks. It took both guys a fair amount to beat the Miz, so I don't think he's in the doghouse otherwise he'd be being booked in sqash matches or something. I think his losing streak will lead to something better, just like Drew McIntyre. Maybe they both turn face, and be the saviors of the tag division at some point. It would be a shock yes with how much the crowds don't like them, but I think a face turn can do well for both men.

one of the most stacked cards in mania history in 4 weeks.
    Uhhh...1 big match, plus a rehash of the last years undertaker match, is a "stacked deck"?

If you ask me, this is one of the weakest cards in history.

To be stacked, you actually have to have a mid-card that means anything.

Just compare the lowcard to the last two years, to people like mvp, hardy's, orton, punk, etc. This year is HORRIBLE.

Then factor in that the only big match this year has is being written like ****, and will have a crap finish due to the rock being at next years mania...

I don't know, on paper rock vs. cena might sound like enough, but it certainly isn't.

why you gotta be hating man? We are getting Rock vs. Cena, which while it has been written crappy, has people intrigued and is actually ending up to be really good. We have the ROCK, the people's champ, brahma bull, etc., the guy who can get anyone to cheer whatever the hell he wants against cena who in the last two weeks have made good points to actually re-invest me in this match. Plus, if they write a bad ending to this match, then no one will want to watch next if they go at it again, cuz everyone would still be pissed. Then we have Taker vs. HHH, yes, in a rehash, but this has yet to be seen. We have Jericho vs. Punk, which is a dream match for people who love both guy's wrestling ability and promo skills are garnering focus from creative as of late which is something they have been forgetting to put on Punk. Then we have Sheamus vs. D-Bryan, which got bumped from the card last year, and now both guys are over enough that people will actually care about it. Sheamus is still getting the mass crowd reaction, while D-Bryan gains the heel heat he needs which in cases of both title matches of the last few years have been lacking since it hasn't seemed like enough people were getting invested in the matches. It's also looking like we're getting Cody vs. Big Show too from the looks of things which I would prefer to Show vs. Shaq as it's been rumored. Kane has yet to have something to do, same with Henry and Orton. We are still awaiting the announcement of the MITB return to mania. Then we have the gimmick of GM vs. GM which in my opinion is better than some random 4 vs. 4 match or some random gimmick battle royal or match that has no meaning and was thrown together with no story. There are possibilities yet to be explored and wwe have 4 weeks to do so. I'm saying it's stacked because people actually seem invested in what's going on so far with what we've been given that's been announced. Now is there a chance that wwe makes this card really weak due to their screw ups? Yes. But saying this isn't a stacked card is an understatement as we normally get 3memorable matches from mania a year, and we are looking at 4 already. People will talk about Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH, and Punk/Jericho as well, it all comes down to Sheamus/Bryan brings their A game. In my opinion it's stacked and people are gonna hate though just to be picky, but we are getting the best tv we've had in what? TWO YEARS AT BEST? Wake up and appreciate what we're being given in a show.

I don't want to see Taker vs HHH: We got that last year.

I don't want to see Rock/Cena: This fued has been run into the ground. No one is going to come out a winner.

Bryan vs Shemus?: lmao. Why was Shemus even alowed to win the rumble?

Punk vs Jericho?: Oh God yes.

Diva's?: lmao

I don't even know who the tag champs are but I probably wouldn't care anyway.

I do have tickets to mania so I'll be cheering for the Rock, I'd be killed otherwise but honestly, I don't care who wins, I just want this to be over.

Bryan vs Shemus?: lmao. Why was Shemus even alowed to win the rumble?
    I don't think people understand that Sheamus has gotten a lot better in ring, compared to when he won the WWE title. Nor do they understand just how good of a worker Bryan is. I'm saying behind Y2J v Punk this will be the best match of the night.
    I don't even know who the tag champs are but I probably wouldn't care anyway.
    Epico and Primo (Carlito's brother). I see them facing Kofi and Truth most likely (if the Tag Titles end up on the card), since WWE doesn't like to do heel v heel match ups for a feud.

Then add in MITB, Cody v Show, and some random **** with Kane, and the card seems strong to me. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryder return in time to face Swagger for the US Title.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Oh, there's no doubt that Sheamus has gotton better, and that Bryan is great in the ring. It's just I'd have rather seen someone else win the rumble. Something that wasn't a 2-time WWE champion, and won those beating the biggest star in the company.

Sure, Taker, HHH, HBK, Stone Cold, Rock and other have one the rumble while they had already held titles but for some reason, Sheamus doesn't sit right with me. I think he could of waited two or so more years.

Page 151 of 300 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast