Page 158 of 294 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 7337

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

What happened to Rey Mysterio? Is he injured or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    What happened to Rey Mysterio? Is he injured or something?
    He's been injured since ever.

The reaction of the 20-something year old fans to the coming out of Lesnar was hilarious to watch.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The miami crowd was perfect. Holy s**t those guys had all the chants nailed. How DB is so over in 24 hours is beyond me, I never saw that coming. Adding Del Rio is stupid as no one cares, but those Si! chants were priceless. All the YES! chants and A-train chants were awesome too. A live crowd like that is what the WWE needs for shows. Rock setting up a potential feud for the WWE title down the line maybe? Lord Tensai getting some build up before facing Cena or Punk in a month or two? I'm cool with both those.

I was hoping that Taker would appear one last time before leaving again and this time say thank you to the crowd, lights go out, and all that's in the ring when the lights come on are his folded trench coat, hat and the famous urn. This would of course signify his retirement, but after his great performance against HHH I can see him being back for a final match. Of course there is only one logical opponent and he is... LITTLE NAITCH, CHARLES ROBINSON. He's gonna be seeking revenge for Taker chokeslamming him on sunday.

But, yeah Brock e'ffing Lesnar nuff said.

I'm feeling that with Abraham Washington is setting up a stable now with Henry, so the winds of change has apparently started to come to the WWE as of last night.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

The crowd was insane last night. The adults were marking out left and right, I'd swear people ate a bag of sugar.

I've never seen a crowd so hyped up. Lesner's return and Jericho slipping were the best parts.

Kind of makes me wonder what would happen if they brought the new age outlaws together for just one night? Oh my guess they may actually have gone insane if they actually remembered the chant the road dogg does. Oh my gosh that would be mark heaven.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    The ****!? I paid good money and got a 18 second title match. >_> What the shit?

Kane/Orton was good. I though Randy was gonna pull the "RKO outta nowhere". Taker/HHH also great, I'd rather it had been someone else he was facing but I can't complain about the match.

Rock won clean and I almost went deaf. It was fantastic, props to Cena as well. I hope this is the last of it.

Oh, and Jericho and Punk was ok but kind of forgetable.
    Agree with everything here, except Kane/Orton being decent, although that might be due to being annoyed too much about Bryan getting jobbed disgracefully (Made even worse on Raw seeing as he doesn't seem to be getting a rematch) and being confused as to why Show went over Cody. That kind of soured the rest of mania for me personally. Taker vs HHH surpassed my expectations though in all honesty and that kind of got my attention back. Also glad Rock won but thought the match was drab overall. The first PPV I've ever ordered and I regretted it after the first match lol. WWE instantly won me back ofcourse bringing big Brock back, hope he plays a fairly involved role, even though I doubt he's full time (I'm not aware of any supposed contract details) I'd like to see him with the strap again. Now Vince needs to bring back Heyman before TNA finally get their way and snap him up! :P P.S. that epic crowd on raw really made all the difference didn't it? if only all crowds were still like that.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

What a pair of shows!

World Heavyweight Championship match: "The Celtic Warrior" Sheamus defeats Daniel Bryan ( C ), with A.J.
    While I cannot deny the comedy element and the immense satisfaction of seeing Bryan finally getting what's been coming to him I was surprised and disappointed that Sheamus squashed Bryan so quickly. Bryan is without doubt one of the WWE's best technical wrestlers and Sheamus has improved a great deal since he first came into the WWE, they could have had a good match telling the classic finesse and speed vs brute strength story, or even one where Sheamus surprises all by wrestling technically... AND kept a clever pay-off where Byran's attempt to cheat backfired on him.
    Oh well, such is life.

"The Big Red Monster" Kane defeats "The Apex Predator" Randy Orton
    The darkhorse match of the night. They put on a great show that cements Kane as a monstrous veteran almost on par with Taker and Randy as 'the man' in WWE like HBK and HHH became. I enjoyed the story they told and how two men with such similar styles were able to differentiate themselves from each other in the ring.

Intercontinental Championship Match: "The World's Largest Athlete" The Big Show defeats Cody Rhodes ( C )
    What the Byran vs Sheamus match could have been - a proper wrestling match with contrasting styles ending with the crowd pleasing result.
    Cody just continues to improve in my eyes - his promo cutting talents have improved greatly along with his in ring skills to the point he can believably go toe to toe with a man like Show, even if of course he can't match that sheer power.
    Great for Big Show to finally get a moment of celebration after a rough few months for the giant and a very lean Wrestlemania legacy.

Kelly Kelly and Maria defeat Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix
    Unlike some I'm actually rather pleasantly surprised by this one. It was a very physical match for Divas and certainly between the three WWE girls there were some promising signs for the future - especially Kelly Kelly's sunset flip and downright nasty bulldog counter to the Glamslam, how far she's come since starting in WWECW.
    Of course Maria was the celeb along for the ride and didn't really have the ability to hang with them but in fact I rather liked the fact that they didn't strain credulity by having her bust out all manner of novelty moves and instead kept to the fact she's not a Diva.

'End of an Era' Hell in a Cell: "The Phenom" The Undertaker defeats "The Game" HHH, with 'The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels as special guest referee
    For the fourth year in a row some combination of these three legends stole the show. Once again a fantastic story with fantastic nail biting "NO!" "YES!" "NO WAY!" "Holy Sh*t!" moments and spots told by three of the best we shall ever have the privilege to watch; the power of the Undertaker returning after last year's brush with mortality, the toughness and will of the Game again on display but this time not enough, the always combustible HBK torn by respect and emotion, all within the unforgiving confines of the devil's playground.
    Truly a fitting end to this long running story, especially the way they left. Hopefully there's more to come from Taker, I know it is risky at his age but one almost normal year before Mania would be a great farewell angle.

Team Johnny (David Otunga, "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry, "The Awesome One' The Miz, Drew McIntrye, Dolph Ziggler and "The All American American" Jack Swagger) defeats Team Teddy (Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, The Great Khali, "Long Island Iced-Z" Zack Ryder, Booker T and United States Champion Santino Marella)
    It was pretty much what we all expected really, a reasonable match that descended into a semi comedic chaotic brawl. Not really gonna dignify it with more than that.

WWE Championship match: CM Punk (C) defeats "Y2J" Chris Jericho
    The second best match of the night, only just pipped by the Hell in a Cell match. These two guys proved that they are truly the best wrestlers in the world.
    They told an excellent story, first working on the suddenly added stipulation before giving way to a proper wrestling match. The actual wrestling was truly awesome mixing great technical and amazing counters with impressive high flying stuff.

'Once in a Lifetime' match: "The Great One" The Rock defeats John Cena.
    In the words of DB - "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! ...Yes!!!"
    That said, thank god it was a once in lifetime - I don't think I could stand seeing Cena control the majority of a match with The Rock more than once. Okay The Rock has been away for 8 years but he was better than Cena ever was and with a year to prepare you can't tell me (in storyline or RL) that he wouldn't have got back into ring shape... but, oh no; Cena had to be stronger, show off more moves than The Rock (something that's down right criminal) and be in control for most of the match.
    It was good to see the Rock finally back in the ring but, sorry Rocky, the way the match was planned didn't live up to the hopes I had for something resembling The Rock I've seen in youtube videos.

RAW
    Wow! I've got goosebumps from that truly AWESOME wrestling crowd - where did they get those guys?! I mean seriously how many people on average in a live show crowd would remember all the Rock's catch phrases, the character Lord Tensai previously played and Brock Lesnar? Not to mention be so interactive with the wrestlers "Si! Si! Si! Si! ...Si!!!" "You're a loser!"and vocal with their own demands "Daniel Bryan!" "We want Lesnar!"

The Johnny angle
    Well since I don't see this turning into the long running saga that "Austin vs McMahon" was we're gonna need a payoff in the reasonably near term simply because he does have control of both shows.

The Rock.
    I'll be interested to see where The Rock goes from here - but to justify another year-long Rock story he needs to actually get back in the ring far more.

Santino, Swagger and Ziggler.
    I hope Santino loses that title really soon. Sure he's an over comedic face but that's not enough to justify giving him air time over more capable wrestlers (Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel [when he's fit again], Alex Riley) let alone him holding a championship.
    Likewise I want to see Ziggler and Swagger split and feud - they're both main events waiting to happen, Ziggler more than Swagger.

A-Train/Lord Tensai.
    Definitely someone I'll be watching.
    He's definitely the monster heel we expected Brodus Clay to be but with the technical skill and poise to actually pull it off in addition to the look and brute strength - since WWE is reportedly worried about Brodus' ring work.
    Personally I expect Tensai will cross paths with Brodus, but I look forward to more of the tear before then.

Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio
    Okay the crowd interaction was great and I loved the Brogue Kick.
    But, title feud... Umm... No, just no. Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus II and III first please after that laughably short match at Mania.

The Miz and Zack Ryder
    Very good match - that helped push both guys, Miz getting another needed win while Ryder had good control of the match.

Punk and Jericho.
    Well of course it wasn't going to go quietly.
    Jericho definitely seems to have a talent for looking at an angle and looking for how they can push it further - pre Mania; Punk's family, post Mania; pour whiskey on Punk's face then break a bottle over his head.
    These guys have great chemistry together and I can't want to see where they take things from here... But I'm worried the Johnny angle will interfere since having an authority figure on Jericho's side is not needed.

The Anomaly, The Beast, Brock Lesnar!
    Finally... Finally... Finally someone is giving Cena his just deserts! After years of going through far more talented men Cena lost to the Rock and now has to contend with Lesnar.
    Now we just need to get Goldberg lined up and not only will true wrestling fans feel freed of the Cena-error but so many of the 'Cenation' will realise why wrestling fans hate him. That said it was good to finally see Cena actually start properly interacting with fans again - none of the smug "I don't care what you think" nonsense actually listening to what they're saying and playing along.
    In terms of Lesnar I look forward to seeing what he's capable of now, given what he's been through.

Business seems to be picking up!
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 5th April 2012 at 5:52 AM.

Great review. I'd agree with just about everything except for the main event. Personally, I felt it was a good match with a great atmosphere (much like Rock vs. Hogan...). Rock seemed winded early on, but even after training like he has, a man pushing forty-years old going for thirty minutes after not actively wrestling for eight years isn't easy. I felt he did as best he could, and Cena, wrestling as the heel, carried the rest of the match well enough. It was a fine main event that the Miami crowd (full of smarks, no less) was deep into.

I'd say 'no' to Golberg returning, though. Between Cena and Lesnar, The Rock making occasional appearances, and a midcard full of promise that's going absolutely nowhere, it already feels like we're right back in 2003. Add in Goldberg, and all we'd be missing is a slow and plodding Triple H dominating the Raw main event scene. God, Raw in 2003 was awful...
    Last edited by charizardfan; 4th April 2012 at 6:53 PM.

I agree it does kinda have that 2003 feel with Brock Lesnar and the Rock around. I wish they would both stay full time along with Jericho. I know they won't but I'll miss them all when they leave. Even though I was sick to death of all the Cena vs Rock stuff, I did enjoy having the Rock back. One guy who I would love to see in WWE even if for just a year contract like Lesnar, is Kurt Angle. I miss Kurt Angle. He was my number one fave wrestler during the old days. He could work well as a heel or face, got great crowd reactions from the "You Suck" chants and even played to the "What" chants well. I would really enjoy one more WWE run for Angle someday before he retires from pro wrestling. Oh well, I just can't wait to see Brock Lesnar back in action. I have never wanted to skip to Monday so badly to see RAW like I do now! Freakin Brock Lesnar! It's not likely but I do wish they would have some big name superstar comeback on Smackdown like they do with RAW all the time. Hard to believe there was a time where Smackdown rivaled RAW and sometimes even did stuff better then them. Those days are done.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I agree it does kinda have that 2003 feel with Brock Lesnar and the Rock around. I wish they would both stay full time along with Jericho. I know they won't but I'll miss them all when they leave. Even though I was sick to death of all the Cena vs Rock stuff, I did enjoy having the Rock back. One guy who I would love to see in WWE even if for just a year contract like Lesnar, is Kurt Angle. I miss Kurt Angle. He was my number one fave wrestler during the old days. He could work well as a heel or face, got great crowd reactions from the "You Suck" chants and even played to the "What" chants well. I would really enjoy one more WWE run for Angle someday before he retires from pro wrestling. Oh well, I just can't wait to see Brock Lesnar back in action. I have never wanted to skip to Monday so badly to see RAW like I do now! Freakin Brock Lesnar! It's not likely but I do wish they would have some big name superstar comeback on Smackdown like they do with RAW all the time. Hard to believe there was a time where Smackdown rivaled RAW and sometimes even did stuff better then them. Those days are done.
    The internet killed big things happening on Smackdown. Since it's taped the big shock would be spread all over twitter/BR etc days before it went to air. Sucks really.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

Charizardfan, thanks I put a bit of work into it.

Well you're entitled to that opinion - I personally felt let down by it mainly because it did get the main event slot but was nowhere near as good as the Hell in a Cell match or the WWE Championship match. Maybe my expectation went up because of just how awesome the Hell in a Cell match was between two guys who're older than Rock and had only wrestled a handful of matches in the last year or so, still yeah I think the WWE championship match should have ended the night.

Just amazing, where did they get those crowds? Two nights in a row of vocal smarks.

I want Goldberg back solely in the same capacity they got Rock and now Lesnar in - to SQUASH Cena. Not in favour of a true return to 2003 given all the talent in the company, I just want to see Cena finally get gone through the way he's gone through the WWE since he first became WWE champion.

man i know those crowds were awesome. I know a guy whom I talk to via pokemon online who was apart of those crowds and it was absolutely epic in his own words. He lost his voice screaming on monday night. He was annoyed at the first hour of mania, but says that just watching the rest was an experience all its own. I would have loved to have been in his place, especially seeing lesnar back. I don't want to see Cena gone though since that'd be a big loss of an asset to the company and they'd never do that. However, it's actually great seeing super cena look vulnerable for the moment. He'll probably go back to supercena after these feuds but at least we see him get beat up.

Found the whole episode uploaded to youtube. and when Sheamus gets to the ring one guy had the best sign "Don't blink or you'll miss a D-Bry match" lmao.

Every Raw should be like this episode; no divas match and Cena getting laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Charizardfan, thanks I put a bit of work into it.

Well you're entitled to that opinion - I personally felt let down by it mainly because it did get the main event slot but was nowhere near as good as the Hell in a Cell match or the WWE Championship match. Maybe my expectation went up because of just how awesome the Hell in a Cell match was between two guys who're older than Rock and had only wrestled a handful of matches in the last year or so, still yeah I think the WWE championship match should have ended the night.

Just amazing, where did they get those crowds? Two nights in a row of vocal smarks.
    Keep in mind, though, that Triple H and Undertaker were working a much different match than Cena and Rock were. The Hell in a Cell match was pretty slow-paced, but filled with a lot of emotion and storytelling that made it as great as it was. Triple H has also been more active in the ring than The Rock over the past year, wrestling full matches (unlike Rock just doing a few minutes at Survivor Series) at Night of Champions, Vengeance, and TLC, and even doing few house shows, so he's naturally more fit.

As far as the crowds go, WrestleMania is where you get a lot of diehard wrestling fans, coming in from all over to attend it. It's part of the appeal of going to the show. The Raw crowd was probably made up mostly of the same people who attended WrestleMania and ended up staying in Miami for an extra night.

And yeah, Raw was pretty good - even without Lesnar showing up, I'd have thought so.
    Last edited by charizardfan; 5th April 2012 at 5:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danlax View Post
    The internet killed big things happening on Smackdown. Since it's taped the big shock would be spread all over twitter/BR etc days before it went to air. Sucks really.
    Your right. That did kill the big things on Smackdown. Didn't think about that.

As far as tearing down super Cena goes, I'm all for it, in fact this has been long overdue. Before I start let me say I'm a huge Brock Lesnar fan! When he returned on Monday I was jumping up and down while his music was playing and can't wait to see him back in action, but here's the thing if your going to tear down super Cena why not let Drew Mcintyre do it? Or Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, or guys who have been at the top but dropped lately such as Mark Henry and the Miz. Have them beat super Cena
    clean and have them brag about beating Cena and set up guys like Kofi, R-Truth, Zack Ryder, or even Santino to feud with them and finally get them to that main event status. How many times are we going to see Cena, Orton, Punk, ect in the title hunt? Brock Lesnar squashing Cena is good, but just like with the Rock if he does go over on Cena, how does it help the current talent? Cena seems to be the guy they always throw to the lions now be it Kane, Rock, and now Lesnar. If you tear him down to much then he isn't that big of a draw anymore. I'm not saying Cena should go over on Lesnar but the WWE should be a little careful. We don't know how long Brock Lesnar will stay with the company, a year at the most. But if they have these awesome special guest wrestlers beat their top guys and then leave, why would you want to watch the company guys second best in the ring much less buy a PPV with them in it? That's the only downside I see to this.

I'm all for Cena getting squashed for now. He's been at the top forever, even if he's squashed e won't any fans so let the adults enjoy themselves for a while.

Actually, having supercena lose to the Rock and then soon hopefully Brock wouldn't be a bad idea. It slows down his steam from the top letting more guys get a WWE title reign as Punk is getting right now. Also, Cena gets knocked down a peg or two making him look vulnerable, thus he can start losing more feuds cleanly as a result. Say let him win a feud or two after this thing with Brock. Then he can cleanly lose the next feud against say a guy like Drew/Miz/Ziggles/Rhodes whoever they need more believably than before. If you said this a year ago, then we'd all believe that while they got the better of him one night at the end of the feud Cena would go superman. Now there is no need to resort to that as he can show vulnerablity as if he's been exposed to kryptonite. Now it's up to creative and Vince to realize this, and let more guys start getting over to the top.

Again, Cena should be taken down but are they really using the right guys for the right times? Of all the people Brock Lesnar could feud with why start with Cena? I know the reason is for the money and to get more old fans, so yeah in that regards it's the smart thing to do. Very smart for the money, but look at all the guys they could have sent Brock Lesnar after to start his return. CM Punk, Sheamus, Kane, Mark Henry. Cena like him or not is the top guy in WWE (I really don't like it but I can live with it.) by beating him really who's left other then the world champion? The WWE title is questionable but I think many people will agree Cena matches outweigh World Heavyweight title matches in some regard. If they do have a match I'm certain Lesnar will go over on Cena in their first fight and he should, but why not build Brock up by having him feud with some other guys first and same with Cena and get those guys over so for big events like Summerslam or Survivor Series they can have actual spots and not just be forced in six man tag matches. Cena should be toned down and lose but I would have preferred if it were the younger up and coming guys been the ones to find a way to beat super Cena clean. If both Brock and Rock beat him clean and then the younger guys start doing it, it's not at all shocking as it could have been if say someone like Drew or Rhodes had beaten Cena clean. I think Lesnar and Cena will be a great feud if done right so I won't complain. But the WWE has got to start getting their other talent over. Some guys have been stuck in mid card status for years when they should be main eventing by now.

What happened to eric ecscabar again?
    Last edited by Jb; 6th April 2012 at 8:53 AM.

He's gone back to indie promotions I guess, he was released from WWE some time ago. Sad, I thought he could have been something although I don't think he'd have gotten over with the crowd.

I have only one thing to say. Though being a bit late.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

I liked Smackdown a lot better when it was live on Tuesday.

and when Henry was on commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQq6-mWFUI

Also, WWE Championship belt still looks really stupid.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 7th April 2012 at 8:51 AM.

Daniel Bryan was so over that it's going to be tough to keep him heel. They did a step with having him bash and dump AJ. I wonder where AJ goes from here? Smackdown was alright. It's impossible for them to compete with RAW now so they're doing the best they can as the B show. I can see another Big Show vs Cody Rhodes match down the road. R-Truth loses to David Otunga and Mark Henry. Beth Phoenix appeared and lost to one of the Bella twins I don't know which one, the one that rooted for Teddy at mania. Kelly Kelly had something to do with that. I guess they have to turn one of them face since the divas don't have that many faces that actually get face time anymore. One of Nexus's guys Skip Sheffield debuted under a new name that I forgot. I was just going to call him Skip Sheffield anyway so it doesn't matter. Sheamus vs Del Rio was alright, nothing really to write about, Del Rio goes over on Sheamus to set their feud. Oh and Randy Orton and Kane had a rematch which Orton won. I'm not surprised by that. At least Kane won at mania. They will have a match 3 somewhere in the future. Overall Smackdown was what it always was.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    Keep in mind, though, that Triple H and Undertaker were working a much different match than Cena and Rock were. The Hell in a Cell match was pretty slow-paced, but filled with a lot of emotion and storytelling that made it as great as it was.
    Hell in a Cell did have a different pacing to it; slower, more methodical and definitely more brutal. The emotion was definitely higher, with all 3 men present at essentially the end of a 4 year feud.
    Cena and Rock totally had emotion going for it but I dunno what pacing they were aiming for - it would have been better if it had flowed faster but it rarely got going.

Triple H has also been more active in the ring than The Rock over the past year, wrestling full matches (unlike Rock just doing a few minutes at Survivor Series) at Night of Champions, Vengeance, and TLC, and even doing few house shows, so he's naturally more fit.
    Perhaps Trips would be in better ring shape but fitness and strength doesn't necessarily require ring work. Still looking back at it I'm disappointed that the Rock didn't wrestle a bit more in the lead up as by the end of the feud I was so SICK of the talking.

As far as the crowds go, WrestleMania is where you get a lot of diehard wrestling fans, coming in from all over to attend it. It's part of the appeal of going to the show. The Raw crowd was probably made up mostly of the same people who attended WrestleMania and ended up staying in Miami for an extra night.
    Certainly seems likely.

And yeah, Raw was pretty good - even without Lesnar showing up, I'd have thought so.
    Definitely one of the better RAWs for a while - certainly seems like WWE's starting to recapture a little something, they're still hit and miss but it does seem to be improving slowly but steadily. Lesnar was a nice presence and a good contrast to The Rock.

Platinum Fan,
    I personally approve of guys like The Rock, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg tearing down Super Cena because there are far too many people who never saw these guys and so think Cena is a 'great wrestler' since they've never seen or really appreciated great promo cutting, impressive showmanship, and true power. Not to mention it leaves the young guns to develop and mature out of Cena's hungry gaze.
    Last edited by Night_Walker; 7th April 2012 at 3:13 PM.

Page 158 of 294 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast