Page 174 of 299 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 7456

Thread: The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Nice PPV from MITB last night. I was throughly enjoyed with it although lack of logic by creative in some parts kinda made me wonder about their intelligence. I mean we had the tag champs against hunico and camacho on the pre-show, however the PTP-ers and Primo/Epico made it into a match on the card. As well we had 2 throw away matches after the WWE title match leading into the Raw MITB with Ryback vs. Hawkins/Reks (which turned out pretty good) and a divas match that generated no interest. Oh well the rest of the PPV didn't disappoint really.

The SD MITB was really good considering the amount of people. Minus the really obvious botches at the start of the match, yes I'm looking at Cara for what looked like busting up Ziggler's fricking neck with a messed up turnbuckle move. They made great us of the ladders, got a tensai powerbomb of cara through a ladder like Sheamus did last year. Speaking of who, Tensai at one point threw Ziggler, who sold it so well it looked like a botch that broke his frickin neck AGAIN. Christian showed why he's a vetran of ladder matches, and lead the match at times. Kidd got in some real great spots, again he also looked like he killed Ziggler with a somersault powerbomb of the ladders. Rhodes showed a great spot in the match as he looked natural in high profile matches like this and seemed overall like he's meant to be in this spot he is and go up. Sandow showed some great spots in this match as well as some great ability and skills in the match. Finally we have the SD's MR. MITB Dolph Ziggler, who came back from dying 3 times, showed amazing athleticism and sold amazingly to win the MITB. This made the made worth it to me.

The Raw MITB didn't disappoint either really. In terms of spots and high flying action, there was none. However we got a 5th member in the returning miz in this match to help Jericho make the match seem more suited to smaller wrestlers. Miz made a triumphant return where he showcased really well in this match, and like Rhodes showed something he hasn't showed in a long time, the desire to be in this top spot. Jericho did all the ladder spots pretty much as did Miz. Show got buried by 15 ladders at one point which was something new. Kane didn't stand out all that greatly, but was generic stuff with Show. The predictable one here in this match was Cena. He didn't stand out that much either in terms of the match except AA'ing Show into the spanish announce table. However, he did win the match in suprise fashion when the briefcase fell off the rung as he was pummeling the big show with it...and he was genuiely surprised. So no idea if that was the meant finish or if that was an accident.

Now the big showstealer here, Punk vs. Bryan with AJ as the special referee. With the added stipulation of no DQ to the title match, you'd expect interference from someone. That wasn't the case and for 30 minutes these guys put on a clinic that fired up the audience the loudest. Just like their last PPV match these guys went back and forth trading control of the match with submissions, trading blows, and high spots. The added no dq stipulation allowed for use surprisingly of a kendo stick...which was great to see again, and the table that finished the match. AJ wasn't even a questioning factor in this match as she showed no preferance and wasn't sure who to go for, so she acted like a normal ref most of the match. The finish of the backdrop into the table, and the lack of shenanigans in the match was a huge surprise for the WWE title match.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

A great PPV. I'm happy to see cena win coz im a mark for him. Ziggler deserved the win but sin cara was terrible with that botched move. WWE should send him back to AAA coz that could've killed Ziggler. Ryback put on a macth that wasnt a straight out squasj
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Agreed on that ryback match, was pretty decent and can be used to give hawkins/reks more tv time like they have been doing. I would have liked to see jericho win it, since he was the creator of the match and should at least win his own match, but the way cena won was interesting. And yeah cara seriously botched that superplex/whatever he was trying to do as he just seemed to fall and ziggler went with him.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

That botch wasn't Sin Cara's fault. It was Ziggler's foot that slipped

Nice eventful episode of Raw. But things kind of went backwards with AJ being back with Bryan, Mysterio back against Del Rio and Punk back against Cena.

I agree, but it does give them stuff to do though.

And for once, Raw actually had an enjoyable midcard/filler stuff, as opposed to all the work being put into the heavyweight division/cena's division.

I admit, I am VERY looking forward to next raw.(just not the ones after it....)
    ----------------------------------

Rikishi returning for the one match got me wanting to watch the rest of the episode. Then the AJ and Bryan thing happened and i went and watched anything but raw.

AJ and Bryan is Definitely not a selling point for the 1000th raw IMO.

Also nice to see Mysterio back, thought he'd come back next week though.
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 17th July 2012 at 2:49 PM.

I didn't watch Money in the Bank so this RAW was mainly to get me up to speed. When I saw the opening promo with Punk and Big Show I already knew the main event was going to have Big Show beat up CM Punk and have Cena come out, save him and then tease the MITB slot. Throughout the night interesting things happened for ole Platinum fan. Daniel Bryan is still trying to win over crazy AJ who's becoming a little less crazy...only a little. They have a match with Miz and Eve. I really like the Miz's new look as it makes him look like a real main eventer and it's great that he's back. I suspect Eve and AJ will be fighting for awhile but I wonder what Daniel Bryan wants from her? Is she turning heel or he turning face? I enjoyed their double yes chants after they made wedding plans though.

Kofi and R-Truth defeat the Primetime Players defending their Tag titles. Alberto Del Rio who was not a happy camper took out his rage of losing to Sheamus on Zack Ryder during their match but at the end of the day Rey Mysterio came back and took down Del Rio. Good to have Rey back.

Ryback and Jack Swagger almost had a match but it was thrown out after Swagger tried to cheapshot Ryback, but it wasn't enough to stop Ryback. Goldberg chants still are on with him. Rikishi was the special legend for the one man jobbing band, Heath Slater. Good to see him back. I would have enjoyed seeing him and da Funkasaurus team up and have a dance off.

Dolph Ziggler cut a great promo on Chris Jericho about him losing his touch and how he hasn't won a match since coming back. Great promo, I felt the emotion and tension during that promo. I want to see these two go at it.

Finally Cena announced next week on the 1000 episode he'll be cashing in to challenge Punk for the title to see who the best in the world really is. You know Big Show made some good points to both Cena and Punk about how the WWE works. I really enjoyed Punk as the champ for so long and I'll miss it when it is over as I thought he was a great WWE champion during his long reign. But the way I see it, Cena will beat Punk and then feud with Rock over the title at Summerslam. It just looks that way to me. If it is over the title then Cena stands a better chance of winning this time.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 17th July 2012 at 2:16 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

AJ and Bryan makes sense really since Punk and his sort of "against the grain" character probably wouldn't work well with AJ in the long term. Seems like Bryan is taking a face turn now along with Jericho. Good point about the midcard/lower level stuff getting better this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Finally Cena announced next week on the 1000 episode he'll be cashing in to challenge Punk for the title to see who the best in the world really is. You know Big Show made some good points to both Cena and Punk about how the WWE works. I really enjoyed Punk as the champ for so long and I'll miss it when it is over as I thought he was a great WWE champion during his long reign. But the way I see it, Cena will beat Punk and then feud with Rock over the title at Summerslam. It just looks that way to me. If it is over the title then Cena stands a better chance of winning this time.
    I don't know, the way WWE is playing up that 100% success rate on the case makes me think Cena is going to break the chain and lose cashing it in. at least I hope that's going to happen since I like Punk as champion too.

I still don't like Miz much but his new look is a big improvement. Looks like they gave him a better Titantron and maybe remixed his theme. Cool jacket too. better than Cody's lame gym leader jacket.

The Miz...i don't get what it is, but he has that look that says he can hang in the main event at times, and although he's not the best wrestler or anything he can put on a heck of a match. He's improved leaps and bounds over the years, and well honestly the new look helps that push in the right direction.

On another note, I hope that after Cena/Punk they reward the winner of that match with a brand new Title design. I mean Show hit home on the Title being custom made for Cena, and that punk was only holdling onto it really. I mean if Punk does win they could introduce that as a reason and bring in a better looking belt (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle
    I don't know, the way WWE is playing up that 100% success rate on the case makes me think Cena is going to break the chain and lose cashing it in. at least I hope that's going to happen since I like Punk as champion too.
    surprise seeing u here, shuckle (from amazing spiderman thread). cm punk happens to be my favorite, so i hope he wins too (as he has the other 2 times vs. john cena for the wwe championship). still havent seen raw#999 yet, but i have it DVRed so in due time...

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    The Miz...i don't get what it is, but he has that look that says he can hang in the main event at times, and although he's not the best wrestler or anything he can put on a heck of a match. He's improved leaps and bounds over the years, and well honestly the new look helps that push in the right direction.
    My sentiments exactly. I really love too, how he has a solid moveset built throughout his years(like the swinging neckbreaker that was his finisher, but it now a signature move), but keeps trying new moves at the same time.

I'm also interested if they are going to let him grow his beard completely or not. Honestly I like the 5 o'clock shadow he has now, I think he'd look odd with a full batista style beard.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    surprise seeing u here, shuckle (from amazing spiderman thread). cm punk happens to be my favorite, so i hope he wins too (as he has the other 2 times vs. john cena for the wwe championship). still havent seen raw#999 yet, but i have it DVRed so in due time...
    Well this is usually the only thread I post in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I really love too, how he has a solid moveset built throughout his years(like the swinging neckbreaker that was his finisher, but it now a signature move), but keeps trying new moves at the same time.

I'm also interested if they are going to let him grow his beard completely or not. Honestly I like the 5 o'clock shadow he has now, I think he'd look odd with a full batista style beard.
    Hopefully he keeps the shadow kind of like Orton has.

Guess the whole wedding thing isn't going down well with the fans, probably because Daniel Bryan has cemented himself as a conniving snake. It was amusing to hear the fake crowd applause to the peep show segment questions only to have Cole contradict them.

Sandow was pretty vicious too.

I didn't get to see all of Smackdown, I've been glued to news channels all day Friday. I really enjoyed Daniel Bryan and AJ's little thing during Christian's peep show, but when Christian didn't agree to their merriage well that didn't sit well with AJ, in fact it upset her and she smacked Christian. Anyway DB had a match with Kane, AJ's old boyfriend...Kane sure does get involved with these weird relationships. I wonder if he'll crash the wedding like he did to Lita?

I enjoyed Epico, Primo, Kofi, and R-Truth in their tag match against the Prime Time Players with Hunico and Camacho. Abraham on the mike was good to. Sandow was victorious over Zack Ryder, but I hope that isn't the end of their feud. Usually whenever a heel mid carder and a face mid carder fight the heel always wins to get heat. The only problem with this now is today in WWE when a heel beats up a face the face won't get his payback unless he's getting a serious push or his name is John Cena. I mean look at Brodus Clay and Big Show. So I hope this isn't the end of Sandow vs Ryder as it gives them both something to do.

I kinda missed the Sheamus and Mysterio team up against Ziggler and ADR. But considering Del Rio left Ziggler high and dry during the opening segement should I assume Ziggler did the same later on? Again I didn't really watch much of Smackdown last night.

I enjoyed SD last night, I mean I know normally we get piped in sounds for cheers/boos but that crowd seemed to have been all their own for the most part. Rey Mysterio does return to a huge pop, main if not because he's Rey Mysterio and it was his hometown I do believe SD was at. The opening segment was done well too, and I'm wondering what creative is gonna have to do with Ziggler. I mean he comes out, and he's getting pops and cheers. Honestly I would rather have a heel Ziggler, but if this keeps up WWE will go the Sheamus route like last year and might turn him face.

The peep show was something I was looking forward too, but it lacked a little something in my opinion although I'm unsure of what. Christian hit the right points, got the crowd to chant no against DB, and brought back Kane....who is apparently AJ's ex-boyfriend...when did this relationship happen? Otherwise we get a pretty good match and reactions between Kane and DB accompanied with AJ interferance. Gosh I just love how Kane ends up in these situations.

Truth/Kofi and Primo/Epico vs PTP and Hunico/Camacho, ah there we go using tag teams in an actual tag team match. An 8 man none the less. You got 4 teams right there 3 who have a focus with each other. Now if we could make Hunico/Camacho relevant, add in the Usos and make another Heel team preferably some high flyers then we got use of a tag division. Then we have Big Show come out and show once again WWE doesn't care about the Tag Division. Unless they decide to make it Big Show vs the tag division which can actually get tag teams over taking turns trying to stop Show and end a reign of terror...that was a bad part of the show.

Then we got a continuity with a match between Ryder and Sandow, ahh the makings of an interesting feud right here. Something to get Sandow over, and hopefully retain some credibility Ryder has left. Sandow shows his aggresive side still which is good, and Ryder is still very much loved by the WWE universe, so if we get matches weekly on SD with them, I honestly wouldn't mind. It also allows both men to have some mike time so bonus.

The one thing no one decided to comment on...we got a Slater legend squash on SD! This time it was none other than the legendary Road Warrior Animal. I loved seeing the crowd pop and the cameras cutting to older fans who literally blew their minds and started going all out. It helped even more to show the SD reality with the audience shot where almost all the audience were chanting for Animal. Ahh...I gotta love Slater for being the guy, who is essencially giving all these former WWE superstars one last hurrah match moment really in WWE in anticipation of RAW 1000. And I'm sure he's gaining the respect of the guys in the back, of the legends, and of the head guys for doing such a service really. Props to Slater for this.

I used to watch wrestling RELIGIOUSLY, but in the last year+, it's gotten to the point where I only catch half an episode or so every couple of months. Still, undaunted, I decided to watch the 1000th episode tonight.

God, this program stinks. I never would have imagined a skit involving Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Rock would bore me half-to-death, but it totally did. The fake wedding was stupid and Slick was the best part of it. After that, it was just color-by-numbers stupid threats and corny quips.

Also, what the hell is Touting?

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

cm punk vs the rock
    royal rumble 2013
    THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!

and if it does, i have to order it, because cm punk will always be the best in the world
    (excuse me if im too excited)

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

That was a fun episode for the nostalgia. Loved seeing Undertaker, Rock, and the five-man D-Generation X again. The only issue, in that regard: where the hell was Stone Cold!? You're going to do a big milestone episode of Raw and you can't have one of professional wrestling's biggest stars on there?

Anyway, nice to see all the old, familiar faces back, but I shudder to think how Raw is going to be booking regular, three-hour episodes.

And Tout can go straight to hell.

Man I'm tired at the moment and will probably give my usual breakdown from raw tomorrow, but yeah great for nostalgia effect and everything for an episode. Also, i hear that Stone Cold had a prior appointment and wouldn't be on the show, this was apparent a few months back, and i guess it proved to be true. If anything, I want to know where Edge was. I mean he's one of the few guys that made raw really great to watch over the years and should have made an appearance of some sort especially since he's made some historic raw moments.

Talk about heads in the sand - WWE just doesn't get that people don't like Cena! First they turn Show heel and now they're seemingly gonna turn CM Punk heel again... CM Punk single handedly made their shows exciting this time last year, but oh no Cena is the face of their company...

What a show tonight! Good to see all the old faces. but I was really hoping Stone Cold would show up especially during the title match. Not Big Show, who can't even make laying out Cena that entertaining... Thank god they axed the nickelback POS theme and I liked the new format and seemingly shorter commercials. Also Cole's reaction to Vince coming out after the wedding was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Talk about heads in the sand - WWE just doesn't get that people don't like Cena! First they turn Show heel and now they're seemingly gonna turn CM Punk heel again... CM Punk single handedly made their shows exciting this time last year, but oh no Cena is the face of their company...
    Yeah I don't quite get it either, but I think it was more about Punk vs Rock rather than turning Punk heel. And at least Cena didn't win the belt for the millionth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I used to watch wrestling RELIGIOUSLY, but in the last year+, it's gotten to the point where I only catch half an episode or so every couple of months. Still, undaunted, I decided to watch the 1000th episode tonight.

God, this program stinks. I never would have imagined a skit involving Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Rock would bore me half-to-death, but it totally did. The fake wedding was stupid and Slick was the best part of it. After that, it was just color-by-numbers stupid threats and corny quips.

Also, what the hell is Touting?
    Serious? even with all the star power, storyline advancement and improved format you thought the show sucked? and Slick was the best part? lol. It might help if you give it a chance instead of just coming in and ripping the show to shreds. WWE is serialized to the point where if you haven't been watching for weeks and are just now tuning in it's not gonna mean much... Personally I liked the Wedding segment and the storyline advancement with AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    And Tout can go straight to hell.
    Quoted for epic truth. Let's hope they at least keep it relegated to the commercial breaks and not cram the show with even more pointless filler like that segment with Santino or the Brodus Clay squash match.
    Last edited by Laser Shuckle; 24th July 2012 at 8:41 AM.

I am going to say a shocker, I didn't expect my A.J to become the new Raw General Manager, it was something that was new. Glad something came to good use last night. I almost cried seeing Taker in the ring again. It was like dark days all over again, but only one night only. Makes me proud to be a creature of the night. The Rock vs CM Punk, we all knew it was going to happen at one point of another thanks to a little tip from my other favorite Eve Torres a few weeks back. Lita vs Heath was funny, it was interesting seeing the Lita Moonsault again. Hopefully she comes back to Raw again, real soon and so she can teach some of the new divas of this decade a thing or 2. Bret Hart, man o man it was great seeing him on the mic again. The Miz as IC Champion may made people angry, but at the same time, you knew it was his time to become IC Champion. I have a feeling that this won't be the last time we see The Miz and Christian do battle for the title again. This show last night overall was very great.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

The show was to long for me to do my usual break down but I will talk about the most important stuff to me. The DX reunion was alright, seeing them beat down Damien Sandow was...expected. I enjoyed see Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio in the same ring. First time I believe was it? They could have found a way to add the tag champs though.

Miz is the new IC champ beating Christian. Da Funkasaurus squashed Jack Swagger with Dude Love. The one man jobbing band, Heath Slater jobs to Lita...that's right, Lita. She had help from the APA and the other legends of WWE who Slater had wrestled. Glad it was a joke match, because the one man jobbing band doesn't just job to anyone, and it was cool seeing APA again as well as Lita. If only the Edge appeared...I was disappointed he wasn't there.

Undertaker came back and he and Kane took out the WWE garbage. I didn't even know Jinder was still with WWE until last night. But seeing Kane and Undertaker together was just pure awesome. Brock Lesnar came back and attacked Triple H during a segment with Paul Hayman and Stephaine. The fight looked real as Brock Lesnar really delivers, but of course Triple H had to prevail and send Lesnar out of the ring with Paul Hayman. Still seeing Brock Lesnar is always a win in my book. AJ and Daniel's lackluster wedding was cut short as AJ became the new GM of RAW. RAW will get crazy for sure now.

As Daniel Bryan complains CM Punk comes out and so does the Rock! Seeing Rock back was just awesome! With the Cena feud over it felt like a great relief. The segment itself was kinda funny with Rock calling Daniel Bryan, Frodo. But in all seriousness it lead to Rock challenging the WWE champ to a match at Royal Rumble. Punk was game which lead to the final of the night. Cena vs Punk. Good match. Big Show got involved twice to screw Cena and Punk didn't help him. The Rock finally did and CM Punk did a heel turn. I loved it. CM Punk is a great heel as he is a face so I'm looking forward to heel Punk again as he took down the Rock. I guess WWE wasn't brave enough to turn Cena heel. Oh well. I imagine Chris Jericho is going to turn face against Ziggler. Can't have two "Best in the World" guys as faces or heels right?

Edit: There's plenty of other stuff I probably missed to but the show was so long. Santino and Hornswaggle passed out free toys or something.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 24th July 2012 at 3:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Shuckle View Post
    Serious? even with all the star power, storyline advancement and improved format you thought the show sucked? and Slick was the best part? lol. It might help if you give it a chance instead of just coming in and ripping the show to shreds. WWE is serialized to the point where if you haven't been watching for weeks and are just now tuning in it's not gonna mean much... Personally I liked the Wedding segment and the storyline advancement with AJ.
    I think AJ is overrated as heck. She's cute as anything and fun, but...getting plugged into main event storylines? She's a low-rent Mickie James so far (Mickie was able to get INSANELY over when she was playing psychopath, too, to the point where WWE had no choice but to turn her face).

I give WWE credit for doing a few good things lately. At least the main event scene finally got infused with youth and new faces (Bryan, Punk, Sheamus). I got REALLY tired of the Same Old Same Old for all those years (Orton, HHH, Cena, Batista, and Undertaker. Edge and Jericho and Michaels were all fantastic and entertaining, but they got a bit played-out, too). Even with the youth movement, I disagree with some of the young guys that are getting pushed (I'm really not into vanilla mid-carders Ziggler or Del Rio getting main event rubs when high-quality guys like The Miz, Cody Rhodes, and R-Truth are pushed way down the card and a guy that had Main Event Face Of The Company written all over him like John Morrison gets fired for sticking up for his girlfriend).

I get that Punk operates better as a heel, but will he even be allowed to be edgy anymore? And haven't the fans already proven they'll cheer any version of Punk over Cena? Cena should be the one turning heel; it would really freshen him up and get the fans behind him, but WWE is terrified to do it. And that's wild because Sheamus, Bryan, and Punk are all primed to take his role.

I love Rock; I do. But this whole "Rock appears and vows to wrestle several months from now" thing is getting really annoying. It's also telling how desperate WWE is when they are willing to let Rock wrestle basically twice a year just as long as he's still around in some capacity.

They really need to drop the soap opera writers and go back to the bookers. The soap opera stuff is ridiculous. And while I get that it's 2012 and social media is a big deal, they really could stand to tone that down a little bit, too. Also, now that Linda isn't running for Senator anymore, it's time to start cranking up the attitude again. They even made Road-Dogg censor himself instead of saying "***" last night. Lame. Oh, and releasing Khama? What the heck? Kharma vs Beth was the most obvious storyline in the universe, and we never even got a hint of it.
    Last edited by Sid87; 24th July 2012 at 6:00 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I get that Punk operates better as a heel, but will he even be allowed to be edgy anymore? And haven't the fans already proven they'll cheer any version of Punk over Cena? Cena should be the one turning heel; it would really freshen him up and get the fans behind him, but WWE is terrified to do it. And that's wild because Sheamus, Bryan, and Punk are all primed to take his role.
    I don't think WWE has ever forgotten what happened the last time they turned one of their top stars (Stone Cold) heel, and didn't have anyone around to replace him (Rock was off filming a movie; Undertaker, Triple H, and Kane were nowhere near either of them in terms of being a draw). Ratings went down and they lost money on merchandise. I don't know how much money Punk is/was making as the #2 babyface, but I do think it's rather telling how WWE refused to let him main event over Cena. If Cena still makes the most money for WWE, I can see why they wouldn't want to turn him. It worked for Hogan in 1996 because he wasn't drawing nearly as much as he was in the '80s, so WCW had less to lose.

That said, I don't think they needed to turn Punk, either.

Page 174 of 299 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast